Photo

.: DARK SOULS :.

158 replies to this topic
earths icon
  • earths icon

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (TheKryptonite @ Tuesday, Nov 6 2012, 03:05)
Yeah, I beat them awhile back. It's a damn shame by save got corrupted, though.

No way! if my game file got corrupted i would prob cry Lol that must be at least 40 hours of your time just gone in a flash

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (earths icon @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 01:21)
QUOTE (TheKryptonite @ Tuesday, Nov 6 2012, 03:05)
Yeah, I beat them awhile back. It's a damn shame by save got corrupted, though.

No way! if my game file got corrupted i would prob cry Lol that must be at least 40 hours of your time just gone in a flash

60 (had one with 6 hours, but deleted it) hours. Then again, it was kinda my fault, but I still wish they'd allow you to back-up your saves. I had just beat Four Kings -_-

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have a question about the game, is it possible to be overpowered for some areas of the game? After hearing about how OnS, 4 kings and Gwyn were a pain in the ass, I beat them easily.

OnS at the 3rd time (with solaire), 4 kings at first, and Gwyn at second. I'm a bit worried i missed out on the experience, just started NG+ and I'm gonna do DLC stuff.

I'm curious because towards the beginning of the game I seemed to have a much harder time.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Did you summon people? don't do that for the proper experience. Some people are just better at certain bosses and worse at others icon14.gif also keep in mind the majority of first time players who don't follow walkthroughs/wiki don't know about upgrades/where to get the best weapons etc so they end up fighting O&S with some garbage weapons

4 kings is a really really easy boss untill ng++ and gwyn can be parried so he's super easy every playthrough.

http://www.twitch.tv/cassieiyxa

also i stream pvp from time to time if anyone is interested

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:46 PM Edited by Toup, 14 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

No I didn't summon people, also, I can't parry for sh*t. And the only information I had about the game was the weapon system, I guess that's already a great advantage.

But looking forward to this play through. Or maybe I will start a new character.

I find the lore behind the game fascinating, I hope they keep it up for DS2.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Power Within made the 4Ks a cake walk.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Toup @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 18:38)
OnS at the 3rd time (with solaire), 4 kings at first, and Gwyn at second. I'm a bit worried i missed out on the experience, just started NG+ and I'm gonna do DLC stuff.

Soul level? Weapon? Armour set?

Sagari12
  • Sagari12

Never forget: September 11, 2001 WTC

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

I'm just wondering if it is even worth buying on PC as i have heard that the controls are utter sh*te. I hope somebody made a mod or a patch to fix this because i don't have a spare PC controler.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Sagari12 @ Saturday, Dec 15 2012, 00:00)
I'm just wondering if it is even worth buying on PC as i have heard that the controls are utter sh*te. I hope somebody made a mod or a patch to fix this because i don't have a spare PC controler.

I wouldn't recommend buying it without a controller.

If you aren't afraid of doing damage 4 kings is the easiest fight. You put on Havels (poise gear) and just 2 hand funnel damage into the bastards and chug a flask whenever needed, DPS DPS DPS DPS.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

The game's free for Xbox Live Gold members. Take out Watch Dogs and boot this baby up. Your life will change.

• Davo the Assassin likes this

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Your life will change.

... for the worse.

• Booze likes this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

I'm just downloading it. Always wanted to know what it's like, but didn't want to spend money on it. From what I've heard it can be pretty frustrating, so I don't get my hopes up.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

When you get frustrated, just take a step back and look for tips online. There's legions of people wanting to help out, believe me. Also, the wikis contain pretty much everything there is to know about this game and can make your life a whole lot easier.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, the game is sh*t imo. A boss enemy after 5 minutes (or maybe that wasn't even a boss) that f*cks me up every time because I'm a total noob. No thanks, I see what type of game it is and that it's for gamers that look for real challenges in videogames. I don't.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, the game is sh*t imo. A boss enemy after 5 minutes (or maybe that wasn't even a boss) that f*cks me up every time because I'm a total noob. No thanks, I see what type of game it is and that it's for gamers that look for real challenges in videogames. I don't.

Lmao. That little Asylum Demon?

Dude, if you can't pass the tutorial and easiest boss in the game, then yeah it really isn't for you.

Rolling, strategy, and patience is your friend in any Souls game. If you can't do either of those 3, you're going to have bad time.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

Just started playing it too. I'm all for a challenge but I don't know, this seems like silly hard.

I made the rather poor decision of picking a fight with the knight at Firelink Shrine and spent a long time paying for it - that guy f*cks you up. He was basically spawn killing me for the best part of an hour.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

I got it and enjoyed it for the 30 min or so I played. I chose to be a Thief and so far there hasn't been any advantages to being one. A few questions.. I'm not going to jump into multiplayer until I get familar with the game, but how is if? Can you do quest together or is it a PvP type of thing?

And I haven't gotten to far but is there villages you come across and interact with?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

I got it and enjoyed it for the 30 min or so I played. I chose to be a Thief and so far there hasn't been any advantages to being one. A few questions.. I'm not going to jump into multiplayer until I get familar with the game, but how is if? Can you do quest together or is it a PvP type of thing?

And I haven't gotten to far but is there villages you come across and interact with?

You don't choose when to go into multiplayer in this game. 

Either you invade someone else's world, or someone invades your's. You can also leave a summon sign in places so that other players can summon you to help them out like in co-op.

You have to be alive for that though. Also, a thief receives the master key as a gift automatically allowing you to choose another gift. The master key is VERY valuable as it unlocks shortcuts early in the game and allows you to reach other places early on. Places where you can get good items like special weapons or armor. 

Most players go for pyromancy however because it's OP. Once you really level up a pyromancy glove, the game becomes a lot easier.

Or you can go for a dexterity/endurance build. That also makes the game easy. Combine that with pyromancy and you'll be steamrolling through most levels if you know what you're doing.

Anyway don't mind all that extra stuff. Just some notes for those that haven't played yet.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by Greasepalms, 05 June 2014 - 12:01 AM.

Yeah, the game is sh*t imo. A boss enemy after 5 minutes (or maybe that wasn't even a boss) that f*cks me up every time because I'm a total noob. 

f*ck you.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

I like this game a lot. It's been rewarding me for playing smart. Lured a Heavy Knight down a tight path way so he couldn't swing so well while filling him full of holes with my spear.

It's also really satisfying to kill an enemy without taking damage when it's insta-killed you before.

• Booze likes this

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Just started playing it too. I'm all for a challenge but I don't know, this seems like silly hard.

I made the rather poor decision of picking a fight with the knight at Firelink Shrine and spent a long time paying for it - that guy f*cks you up. He was basically spawn killing me for the best part of an hour.

That just taught you to think really long and hard about which NPC you f*ck with. Trust me, that's not even the worst one. And I don't mean as in he's difficult to kill, I mean the consequences of him being dead. If you've angered an NPC you didn't mean to, don't fight him/her, just run away. If you explore enough, you'll find a merchant that can "absolve your sins", which resets NPC hostility. Don't attack him though ;)

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

I don't know man, I'm a drunk gamer 95% of the time and this sounds like a game that takes too much thinking and too many things going on. I've tried Skyrim and just couldn't get into it due to sh*t like that. Sounds pretty cool though.. I might download this before it disappears but not 100% on it.

Compared to Skyrim, is it about the same or involves more strategy?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 06 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

It's nothing like Skyrim.

I would say that Skyrim is very easy compared to Dark Souls, which actually requires you to think before you act, unless you want hours of gameplay going down the toilet.

It's more of a trial and error thing with Dark Souls.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

What do you mean by hours of gameplay? If you die, you lose all your sh*t?

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

No, you lose your souls (currency used for items and leveling up) but keep items and equipment.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

What do you mean by hours of gameplay? If you die, you lose all your sh*t?

What I mean by that is, the way to save is by lighting and resting at bonfires. 

Most enemies that you kill will remain dead until you rest at a bonfire. So if you rested at a bonfire, went through an entire level and ended up dying after 2 or 3 hours without resting at another bonfire in the next area, then all that progress is lost and you have to do it all over again. 

You lose your souls, your humanity, and your progress. This goes for when someone invades your game and kills you as well. You can still get back your humanity and all your souls by going back to where you died, but if you die before getting to your bloodstain, then you really lose hours (or if you're good enough days) of progress in terms of souls and humanity.

But still, Dark Souls is a little forgiving because in Demon's Souls when you die, you lose a percentage of your overall health.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Oh, my God this must be one of the sh*ttiest games I've ever played. It was free, but I am still kind of angry game like that even exist, because it took place of some much better game in the GfG programme. 

Nothing is ever explained, there is no story, no characters, no anything that would make you go further. I've found some weapon, but I can't say if it's much better that the last one, because the statistics are not explained. Who in their right mind makes game with RPG elements without explaining anything at all. And I won't even start on the enemy respawn system. It's totally waste of time and the only good thing about that atrocity was the fact it was free. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 06 June 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Oh, my God this must be one of the sh*ttiest games I've ever played. It was free, but I am still kind of angry game like that even exist, because it took place of some much better game in the GfG programme. 

Nothing is ever explained, there is no story, no characters, no anything that would make you go further. I've found some weapon, but I can't say if it's much better that the last one, because the statistics are not explained. Who in their right mind makes game with RPG elements without explaining anything at all. And I won't even start on the enemy respawn system. It's totally waste of time and the only good thing about that atrocity was the fact it was free. 

Uh, there's definitely a story. There are definitely characters. And as for the weapons, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which weapon to choose and how it will help you in the game based on the type of character you are going for. They are very much explained.

Don't know what game you played. Dark Souls has so much lore it's ridiculous. I have over 500 hours on both the PS3 and PC versions and I still find out new things about the lore each time.

Especially when the devs give hints in things like the cutscenes and even the weapon descriptions.

Here: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Souls_Wiki 

At least learn about something before bashing it with senseless dribble you try to pass off as fact.

How long did you play the game for? 2 minutes?  They don't hold your hand and spoon feed you like every other game released in the past decade. If there was no story or characters then I don't think that wiki would exist. A wiki, mind you, that players have put together with things they found IN-GAME!

• Booze likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by Tycek, 06 June 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Here: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Souls_Wiki 

At least learn about something before bashing it with senseless dribble you try to pass off as fact.

How long did you play the game for? 2 minutes?  They don't hold your hand and spoon feed you like every other game released in the past decade. If there was no story or characters then I don't think that wiki would exist. A wiki, mind you, that players have put together with things they found IN-GAME!

Oh, look another member, who not only can get someone's else opinion, yet trying to accuse him of throwing around facts. Clear your glasses, because I never said about my opinion about being a fact. 

I don't play game to look on the wiki, because it absolutely destroys the point of playing the game in the first place. I don't care if it's wiki got 500 pages or 500000 pages, I care if the game is fun and playable. DS was far from both. It's cool you like it, you can masturbate for it some more, but I couldn't find anything that would be at least playable in that atrocity of a game. 

There are characters, empty shells walking around empty corridors doing sh*t and the story also could be there, too bad it's so weak that I couldn't care less about it. 

And about game keeping your hand. I don't like games like these and I prefer to have some challenge, but if I have to kill the same f*cking four undead in my way to the boss for the f*cking tenth time in last fifteen minutes it's not challenging. It's annoying and thus far from being pleasant unless you're mentally challenged. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 06 June 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Oh, look another member, who not only can get someone's else opinion, yet trying to accuse him of throwing around facts. Clear your glasses, because I never said about my opinion about being a fact. 

I don't play game to look on the wiki, because it absolutely destroys the point of playing the game in the first place. I don't care if it's wiki got 500 pages or 500000 pages, I care if the game is fun and playable. DS was far from both. It's cool you like it, you can masturbate for it some more, but I couldn't find anything that would be at least playable in that atrocity of a game. 

There are characters, empty shells walking around empty corridors doing sh*t and the story also could be there, too bad it's so weak that I couldn't care less about it. 

And about game keeping your hand. I don't like games like these and I prefer to have some challenge, but if I have to kill the same f*cking four undead in my way to the boss for the f*cking tenth time in last fifteen minutes it's not challenging. It's annoying and thus far from being pleasant unless you're mentally challenged. 

You don't directly say that you are passing your opinion off as a fact, but you clearly allude to it.

I posted the wiki to show you that your opinion you are passing off as a fact is wrong. There is a story. The characters have a role in the story. The environments tie in to both the story and the characters. Rather they are undead, bosses, or friendly NPCs, everything is connected to each other.

Just because the plot or the connections to these things don't come up in big bold letters across the screen for you, you think it's non-existent. Instead of finding out these things for yourself like the devs intended, you want it to be spoon fed to you. How sad.

It's one thing if you don't think the game is fun. But to call it unplayable? I think you just suck. I used to suck at it. Actually I still die when I get careless, but I'm a lot better because I didn't quit after 2 minutes with my head stuck up my ass and called it an atrocity  :sui: The story does not become evident right away. But once you actually start getting into the game, the lore becomes very apparent.

Also, just because you're too blind/lazy/unintelligent/whatever to see the plot of this game, that isn't anyone's problem. But it's a fact there is a story and more to the game than what you are saying in your posts. Also I can respect someone's opinion when it's reasonable and logical. Your opinions are the complete opposite.

Think what you like about the game, I honestly couldn't care less, but when you start saying untruthful sh*t like the game has no story or no characters, then I'll be more than happy to correct you and call you out on your bullsh*t. I'm done here. Have a good day. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users