.: DARK SOULS :.

158 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 15:57)
Would fit in funny image topic too:

http://i.imgur.com/rx3xy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x5pbw.jpg

The term console-tards was invented for these situations.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Again, I apologize for the bump, but the PC version is confirmed.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 19:05)

Double Dipping, solid fps in blight town, mmmmm

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (lkkarus @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 01:04)
QUOTE (Pat @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 19:05)

Double Dipping, solid fps in blight town, mmmmm

mmmmm idd. They mentioned a new boss fight, I wonder where in the world it will take place. inlove.gif

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

It's on my radar now

scanning
scanning

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Dark Souls PC trailer

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:53 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 02 May 2012 - 09:28 PM.

It uses Games for Windows Live.

Wow. What a bunch of morons. You'd think they'd be smart enough to put it on Steam. Everyone hates GFWL.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:05 AM Edited by Street Mix, 12 April 2012 - 07:23 AM.

LOL after RR Unbounded I thought they would use Steam DRM only. Oh well...don't care about this anyway.

More people will give the finger and switch attention to Sleeping Dogs. ph34r.gif
You'd think they'd be smart enough to put it on Steam

They will put it on Steam. That's for sure.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (lkkarus @ Wednesday, Mar 14 2012, 19:03)
Archers in Anor Londo, yep.

oh god, just got past that bit, when i thought it couldn't get any harder i go up against Ornstein + Smough, im pretty sure ive only got half my hair left after that fight

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Just finished this game today, and i have to say wow it's now my all-time favourite Rpg, looking forward to the sequel

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

This is one of the most brutal, punishing, and rewarding games of all time.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Not much love for this game on these forums? I finally caved in and bought it. I started as a warrior with black fire bombs icon14.gif defeated the Asylum Demon, went to Firelink Shrine and decided to head off on my adventure to ring the bells only to end up at the giant skeleton and get raped -_- okay so i'll go a different way, I head down into a cave and reach the catacombs and get raped by more skeletons + mine head bomb things. OKAY SO WE'LL GO A DIFFERENT WAY... I finally find the way i'm supposed to go, I reach Taurus Demon and hammer him easily because I spotted the ladder when I was trying to run away. My friend told me how to get the drake sword from the dragon so I did that. I struggled with Bell Gargoyles untill I discovered fire absolutely rapes them. Capra Demon didn't take any of my HP off, Gaping Dragon was quite easy once I realised how to attack him without getting destroyed. Butterfly went down quite quick and now i'm on Great Grey Wolf Sif which is an amazing looking boss icon14.gif From Software have really impressed me with their world/npc design - it's top notch, I haven't seen anything quite like it in a game before.

Back to Sif then I guess icon14.gif staying away from Blighttown at the moment because I hear terrible things about it.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Forty @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 04:03)

and highly over looked.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls both. A shame that there are major glitches (in both games it's easy to glitch the mandatory currency, souls, to an endless level...).

However, both games are top notch.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (junkpile @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 22:35)
QUOTE (Forty @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 04:03)

and highly over looked.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls both. A shame that there are major glitches (in both games it's easy to glitch the mandatory currency, souls, to an endless level...).

However, both games are top notch.

all you have to do is not do the glitch, the only way to find out about it is to look on the internet. its not really a major glitch and its not a game breaker either so its not that bad

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Wednesday, Jul 25 2012, 12:08)
Not much love for this game on these forums? I finally caved in and bought it. I started as a warrior with black fire bombs icon14.gif defeated the Asylum Demon, went to Firelink Shrine and decided to head off on my adventure to ring the bells only to end up at the giant skeleton and get raped -_- okay so i'll go a different way, I head down into a cave and reach the catacombs and get raped by more skeletons mine head bomb things. OKAY SO WE'LL GO A DIFFERENT WAY... I finally find the way i'm supposed to go, I reach Taurus Demon and hammer him easily because I spotted the ladder when I was trying to run away. My friend told me how to get the drake sword from the dragon so I did that. I struggled with Bell Gargoyles untill I discovered fire absolutely rapes them. Capra Demon didn't take any of my HP off, Gaping Dragon was quite easy once I realised how to attack him without getting destroyed. Butterfly went down quite quick and now i'm on Great Grey Wolf Sif which is an amazing looking boss icon14.gif From Software have really impressed me with their world/npc design - it's top notch, I haven't seen anything quite like it in a game before.

Back to Sif then I guess icon14.gif staying away from Blighttown at the moment because I hear terrible things about it.

Blighttown isn't that annoying if you're prepared, just go farm those tree creatures in darkroot garden. they drop purple moss clump which helps reducing your poison meter, use the spider shield you get in the depths to block enemy attacks in blighttown (it's effective against poison attacks).

P.S: i do agree that Sif is awesome, he is my favourite boss in this game

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 17:27)
QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Wednesday, Jul 25 2012, 12:08)
Not much love for this game on these forums? I finally caved in and bought it. I started as a warrior with black fire bombs  icon14.gif defeated the Asylum Demon, went to Firelink Shrine and decided to head off on my adventure to ring the bells only to end up at the giant skeleton and get raped -_- okay so i'll go a different way, I head down into a cave and reach the catacombs and get raped by more skeletons  mine head bomb things. OKAY SO WE'LL GO A DIFFERENT WAY... I finally find the way i'm supposed to go, I reach Taurus Demon and hammer him easily because I spotted the ladder when I was trying to run away. My friend told me how to get the drake sword from the dragon so I did that. I struggled with Bell Gargoyles untill I discovered fire absolutely rapes them. Capra Demon didn't take any of my HP off, Gaping Dragon was quite easy once I realised how to attack him without getting destroyed. Butterfly went down quite quick and now i'm on Great Grey Wolf Sif which is an amazing looking boss  icon14.gif From Software have really impressed me with their world/npc design - it's top notch, I haven't seen anything quite like it in a game before.

Back to Sif then I guess  icon14.gif staying away from Blighttown at the moment because I hear terrible things about it.

Blighttown isn't that annoying if you're prepared, just go farm those tree creatures in darkroot garden. they drop purple moss clump which helps reducing your poison meter, use the spider shield you get in the depths to block enemy attacks in blighttown (it's effective against poison attacks).

P.S: i do agree that Sif is awesome, he is my favourite boss in this game

its only the framerate in blighttown tounge.gif

blighttown can get a little annoying, but once your at the bottom its all easy from there.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

Pretty much on the verge of buying this.

Is is true the resolution has been locked to some ungodly setting? Any way to remedy that?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

just got the game today (PC version), now I started to regret it
not because the game is bad, but because the f*cking unplayable framerate.

I've tried using DSfix, the framerate is now a bit better, and the graphic was amazing. but then it still really unplayable since most of the time I died because of this stupid framerate.
my PC can run Crysis 2 on near extreme setting, so there is no reason why I can't run this. and it seems some AMD/ATI users also had this problem too, is there any solution to fix this? the game was dope but I just can't stand this framerate problem

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Unplayable framerate? Runs just fine for me at 2560x1440 with SSAO on my 6950.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:50 AM Edited by Booze T, 25 October 2012 - 08:57 AM.

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Wednesday, Jul 25 2012, 14:08)
Not much love for this game on these forums?

It appears not, sadly sad.gif
The steep difficulty curve is probably throwing a lot of people off. I have to admit that my first playthrough also took me forever (mainly because I refused to look up too many hints online), but since then I've completed the game about 6 or 7 times (among which a NG+ 1 and 2). Not tooting, just saying that there's a lot of stuff to know that can make your game a lot easier. The thing that actually gave me the confidence to pick this up again is a playthrough by Gamefront. The game is played by a guy that absolutely sucks and refuses to learn from his mistakes (with his colleague desperately trying to help him, usually unsuccessfully). It's hilarious to watch for one, but it also shows you that basically anyone can beat this game (although maybe not under 500 deaths tounge.gif ). Still, no matter how much you suck, I don't think you could possibly be worse than this guy, so if you're not feeling confident, watch this playthrough:

The new console patch was also just released. This brings all of the changes and fixes found in the PC version to the consoles. Most notably (IMO):

-Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%
-Elemental weapons have lower Attack Rating
-Dark Wood Grain Ring - flip and fast movement now only applies when equip load is at or below 25%
-New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave [additional warps to new areas also]
-Medium roll is faster/all rolls have been buffed (Wiki not 100% clear on the details)
-Backstabs: hitbox diminished. In addition to that, there is a longer invulnerability window in the rising animation, meaning players can no longer chain backstabs a previous problem in PVP
-Various glitches fixed

Click here for more details

Also, the new content (Artorias of the Abyss) is finally coming to the consoles happy.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:28 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 25 October 2012 - 11:30 AM.

QUOTE (Booze T @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 08:50)
The thing that actually gave me the confidence to pick this up again is a playthrough by Gamefront. The game is played by a guy that absolutely sucks and refuses to learn from his mistakes (with his colleague desperately trying to help him, usually unsuccessfully). It's hilarious to watch for one, but it also shows you that basically anyone can beat this game (although maybe not under 500 deaths tounge.gif ). Still, no matter how much you suck, I don't think you could possibly be worse than this guy, so if you're not feeling confident, watch this playthrough.

You too watch James and Mitchell?. lol.gif
I actually bought the game because of Mitch's walkthrough, it's just very entertaining to watch him play, even more so than James's "under 500 deaths walkthrough" imo, i already finshed the game more than 3 times btw, i'm just waiting for the DLC, but sadly, it isn't out in the UK yet, it's my favourite RPG this gen btw.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 13:28)
You too watch James and Mitchell?. lol.gif

You kidding? "Dark Souls with James" is an instant classic. That walkthrough became legendary once they introduced the facecam in the 18th or so episode. Their expressions and reactions are priceless lol.gif . Many people criticize James' skills, but that walkthrough is a perfect example of the range of emotions this game was meant to provoke (from fear, desperation and frustration to revelation, accomplishment and joy). He's also a genuinely funny guy. I haven't fully watched Mitchell's playthrough (although I do remember the sadistic pleasure I got from seeing him having a nightmare of a time with the archers in Anor Londo after he accidentally killed the Anor Londo firekeeper that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif ).

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

I can't beat O and S for anything.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

That bossfight is a mid-game chokepoint. Basically a test of how well your build and/or skills are coming along. Don't take this fight lightly and by that I mean: prepare as well as you can. I don't know what kind of build you're going for, but you might want to consider heading to New Londo ruins and killing Ingward. He should drop a key that will give you access to the lower levels where you can find an ember. If you give this ember to Andre the blacksmith, he can ascend your weapon to +14 (you can farm for the materials in the same area where you found the ember). If you happen to have a Titanite Slab, you could even upgrade to +15 (the max level). Preferably use a fast weapon.

Also make sure you've upgraded your armor to minimize the amount of damage you take and kindle the bonfire right before the bossfight.
Summoning Solaire should also make the fight a ton easier, as he can distract the one, while you go and deal with the other. If you need more humanity to revive yourself, you can farm the rats in the Depths or under the dragon bridge in the Undead Burg (make sure to use the Covetous Gold Serpent ring).

I could go on with the tips, as there are a lot of ways to make this game easier. Just let me know wink.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (TheKryptonite @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 18:57)
I can't beat O and S for anything.

Build?
I was at Soul level 49, and i used a Uchigatana +12/Silver Knight Shield/Shadow Set. i beat them on my first try, i was really surprised. biggrin.gif

Try getting a fire weapon, but you need to find the blacksmith in the catacombs first, or simply use Pyromancy, because both, Ornstein and Smough are weak to fire, when you do that, and once you start the fight, always go for Ornstein first, don't bother trying to hit them both, i can't tell you why without spoilers, so i will just leave it at that. Good Luck. smile.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Just finished the new content. The Kalameet fight in particular was awesome cool.gif

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ok, I just got to Anor Londo on my first playthrough and I entered a painting which got me really confused. Most fun I've had with a game in a while.

By the way, I picked a set of armor just outside the painting and I'm wondering if I should use it. I don't really mind the 2nd fastest roll but I don't know if it suits my skill build I guess. I'm just dropping points into endurance, health, dexterity and strength. I got a crystal halberd or black knight sword for weapon, depending on the enemies. Probably made a lot of mistakes until now but this is just a test run. Any tips?

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

For your first playthrough you might want to focus on either strength or dexterity, or go for a "quality" build. A quality build is 27 strength and 40 dexterity, using a weapon that scales with both of those stats (preferably with 2 C's, or a D and a C, like the Halberd). The reason why you take less strength is because strength gets a 50% boost when you two-hand your weapon.
The Black Knight weapons have a high base damage, but less scaling than regular weapons, so they benefit less from higher stats. They also do more damage against certain tough enemies later on in the game. This makes them especially useful during the first playthrough. The Black Knight sword in particular scales relatively well with strength, so if you like that weapon you might want to go for a strength build. I don't really like it because of its (i.m.o.) unusable R2/RT (strong) attack. If you decide on a quality build, a good alternative to the Black Knight sword would be the Claymore (because of its superior one handed R2/RT attack), but you'll only get more damage out of it once you hit 27 str, 33 Dex, so that's a lot of skillpoints that could go into Vitality and Endurance.
When deciding on your armor, you must ask yourself if you would rather tank or dodge or a little bit of both. That armor you picked up is a pretty good heavy armor, but keep in mind that it slows you down and impedes your stamina regeneration.

Little tip for that painting level: kill those undead with tumors on their head with fire, or from a distance.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

...THE PENDANT WAS USELESS?!

Source.

Damn you Dark Souls. Damn you.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Yeah, I beat them awhile back. It's a damn shame by save got corrupted, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users