Photo

.: DARK SOULS :.

158 replies to this topic
Superpowermind
  • Superpowermind

Kill the King

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Game's pretty awesome. I'm level 71. Still on my first playtrough. I poured about 70 hours into it. Though I f*cked up during the first hours by killing the first Blacksmith. Now I cannot upgrade my weapons past +5. This means that I won't be able to do lightning, fire etc upgrades to my weapons. So I'll be lame in weapon point of view.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

Just killed the butterfly boss and now heading to the capra demon

Just realised I killed the merchant ages ago that sold arrows, and now I can't kill that damn dragon on the bridge!

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

I don't have the game, or understand the world, but why are you dudes killing merchants? They sound like valuable allies. Your only allies.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:54 PM Edited by JOSEPH X, 16 October 2011 - 12:09 AM.

I just started a fight with a guy, and let him kill me thinking he'd chill the f*ck out. Nope - he was still after me, so I had no choice but to kill him.

Finally killed the Capra Demon so I'm going to follow that lead now. Grinded 20,000 souls for the blacksmith's crest, that garden and new londo are being bitches.

I'm also having trouble understanding the magic. I cant get Heal spell to work and white rings are appearing in the gameworld and on the slot on the d-pad pressing the d-pad does nothing. I'm wondering if it's my stats, I'm a bandit and I've been mostly building up the strength stats.

I don't have the game, or understand the world, but why are you dudes killing merchants? They sound like valuable allies. Your only allies.

There are characters in it that just feel like part of the furniture they are always in the same spot and never move. With me it was just curiosity.

I know your a PC Don, and I'm surprised this isn't out on PC I really am. I just know the PC community would love it. The world is just totally different from anything I've played before. It makes you think differently, like you are making your own missions and setting yourself goals.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 23:54)
I just started a fight with a guy, and let him kill me thinking he'd chill the f*ck out. Nope - he was still after me, so I had no choice but to kill him.

Finally killed the Capra Demon so I'm going to follow that lead now. Grinded 20,000 souls for the blacksmith's crest, that garden and new londo are being bitches.

I'm also having trouble understanding the magic. I cant get Heal spell to work and white rings are appearing in the gameworld and on the slot on the d-pad pressing the d-pad does nothing. I'm wondering if it's my stats, I'm a bandit and I've been mostly building up the strength stats.

There are characters in it that just feel like part of the furniture they are always in the same spot and never move. With me it was just curiosity.

Haha!

Want to help me with the Capra Demon? I'm level 28.

You need a tailsman equipped in your left hand and have the heal spell in one of your slots. Press LB, and it should heal you. You might need a higher miracle level?

I killed the merchant because I had everything I needed from him, EXCEPT arrows, which I assumed I would never use. I just found the girl merchant that sells poison arrows and killed the dragons tail, so I'm one level off the Drake Sword. Just doing some dragon runs (500 souls per minute - is that any good?)

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 19:54)
I know your a PC Don

Me? I don't PC game. I'm on the 360.

And the game sounds oddly fun. But I'd probably end up crying to myself to sleep if I played.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:14 AM

Do you mean running up and down the ladders between the bonfire and onto the bridge, so the dragon burns the six undead?

Are you on now?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:25 AM Edited by Remix, 16 October 2011 - 01:28 AM.

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Sunday, Oct 16 2011, 01:14)
Do you mean running up and down the ladders between the bonfire and onto the bridge, so the dragon burns the six undead?

Are you on now?

Yes, and yes. I'll add you, hang on.

Edit: Added! smile.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Started a new game as a sorcerer. I messed up with my bandit by putting points into things that would help magic, when I would have been better off going for brute strength. Putting a lot of points into intelligence, dexterity and attunement with the sorcerer.

Pre-ordered the strat-guide from amazon even though they haven't got any in. It's a bit messed up that they sold out really quick all over. Here's a video review of it.

http://www.kotaku.co...strategy-guide/

There's also a lot of news stories about some guy completing the game in 90 mins

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

Oh really? That sucks. sad.gif

I began with a sorcerer, and have mainly put points into intelligence (it's 25 now). But after a while it becomes impossible to not use hand to hand combat. Spells do help a lot though, especially in blight town against those damn bugs. Make sure you get Great Heavy Soul Arrow when you can. Such a powerful spell, and definitely helps when you find yourself in a high level area by accident!

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Just got done beating the Stray Demon

Took about 6 attempts tonight, on my last attempt went in nearly lost all my health right at the start. Started attacking and found a good time to heal up, did so and got it down to about half health before i risked healing again. My heart was absolutely pounding by the time I got him down to the point where three hits would do it.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

This is one of my favorite games, and I'm disappointed there aren't more people playing it. My primary character is a knight and I'm putting everything into vitality, strength, dexterity, endurance, and resistance. I am basically ignoring all magic or faith with him and making him a hardcore tank. He's already a beast from the beginning but now he can take out whole mobs without much effort - especially with the Drake Sword which I recommend to everyone who plays regardless of character.

I made a thief also, but not sure I'll keep playing with her. It's just a quicker melee character. I think I want to make a mage assassin type character.

I love the difficulty and the reward this game offers when you finally conquer an area. It is so ruthlessly unforgiving that beating a tough area you've been grinding on for hours makes me feel like a god. Bad ass game!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

I would be playing it a lot more but I'm waiting for the strat guide. I just keep spending souls on stuff my char doesn't need. Love the game, but it's demoralising at times.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 04:14)
I would be playing it a lot more but I'm waiting for the strat guide. I just keep spending souls on stuff my char doesn't need. Love the game, but it's demoralising at times.

GameFAQs has a couple of solid walkthroughs plus youtube has videos of every boss. No need to buy a strategy guide if you just need a little advice.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

this game was great...until the dragon head stone glitch made its way through the internet.

benrod
  • benrod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (junkpile @ Tuesday, Dec 13 2011, 13:56)
this game was great...until the dragon head stone glitch made its way through the internet.

i don't think the dragon head glitch works anymore since the latest patch release. i doubt the item cloning trick works as well.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (benrod @ Friday, Dec 16 2011, 16:41)
QUOTE (junkpile @ Tuesday, Dec 13 2011, 13:56)

i don't think the dragon head glitch works anymore since the latest patch release. i doubt the item cloning trick works as well.

I've tried it and it still works. Sure, to play online, you have to download the patch. But the glitch works in ANY darks souls game. You can play offline, use the glitch, pimp yourself up to LV. 711 and start to play online.
The patch is a good willing try, but the glitch, which IS there, is a major mistake.

Demon's souls and Dark souls are amazing games, they creators of this game made sure to have only one mandatory currency, SOULS, and with knowing this, they should have been extra wary that there won't be a glitch to get infinite souls by just pushing a button.
It's really ridiculous.

benrod
  • benrod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

i've heard of a new glitch in which you can transfer items between multiple characters. currently im making a low level darkwraith character, it's amazing how you can kill the four kings before killing the Taurus demon.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

I just bought this game and its BETTER than that buggy mess of game called Skyrim.. It didnt sell as good as Skyrim becuase its VERY HARD! But that doesnt bother me because I like the challange in this game, its Hard but its also FAIR! Its hard in a good way. Go Buy It if you want a darker, less buggy and more advanced version of Skyrim

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Before ringing the second bell, where you find the false wall.
Well, I busted the wall, ran inside, saw what seemed to be an enemy. I had very little health, no estus flasks, 78,000 souls, and hadn't rested since Firelink Shrine. (Didn't realize this until I was fighting Quelaag)

So, I panicked and launched an arrow into it's brain. Only to find out that he was the merchant that had the last magic I needed for my achievement suicidal.gif

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm looking for Dark Souls parnet to complete the game with, I'm in Anor Londo. If someone is interested add me on PS3. wink.gif

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 04:51)
I just bought this game and its BETTER than that buggy mess of game called Skyrim.. It didnt sell as good as Skyrim becuase its VERY HARD! But that doesnt bother me because I like the challange in this game, its Hard but its also FAIR! Its hard in a good way. Go Buy It if you want a darker, less buggy and more advanced version of Skyrim

If you think Dark Souls is fair, you haven't played it enough. My god, I got so mad at this game so many times. Just when you think you've got something figured out, it changes up just enough to f*ck you in the brain.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

...why the hell did I think this game was a PS3 exclusive?

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Wednesday, Mar 14 2012, 09:27)
...why the hell did I think this game was a PS3 exclusive?

you were probably thinking about Demon's Souls.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Archers in Anor Londo, yep.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Wednesday, Mar 14 2012, 17:19)
If you think Dark Souls is fair, you haven't played it enough. My god, I got so mad at this game so many times. Just when you think you've got something figured out, it changes up just enough to f*ck you in the brain.

Yeah.. I know it sometimes can be unfairly hard, but its a really good game though i like the challange

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Bit of a bump, yesterday an announcement was made on Twitter that fans could expect something big to come within the next few days, and later, this magazine scan was leaked:

user posted image

Looks like we're getting a PC port.

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 16:54)
Bit of a bump, yesterday an announcement was made on Twitter that fans could expect something big to come within the next few days, and later, this magazine scan was leaked:

user posted image

Looks like we're getting a PC port.

Or..or.. maybe a sequel biggrin.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Would fit in funny image topic too:

http://i.imgur.com/rx3xy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x5pbw.jpg

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:08 PM Edited by Pat, 22 March 2012 - 02:13 PM.

QUOTE (Red_Queen @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 12:01)
Or..or.. maybe a sequel  biggrin.gif

Unless the sequel is heavily PC-oriented (which, knowing Namco and From, it very likely would not be), there's no reason it would show up in PC PowerPlay, which is an exclusively PC-oriented magazine. Not to mention Namco employees have been linking to the on-going facebook "reveal" page in multiple threads on their forums related to the possibility of a PC port. It's everything but confirmed at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users