Photo

.: DARK SOULS :.

128 replies to this topic
gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (lkkarus @ Monday, Oct 10 2011, 22:10)
Haha when I met the Taurus Demon it fell off the Castle wall tounge.gif

Happened to me with the Bell Gargoyles, tried to dodge it and to my credit I did... except I rolled off the building.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Really, the key is patience here. Don't rush through areas, explore them fully. If you encounter an obstacle (a seemingly unbeatable enemy, a closed door etc.) there's always other options. Either explore other parts of the map (maybe you overlooked an area with easier enemies), farm for souls (and use them to level up before you lose them!) and/or look for tips on the internet. Knowledge-wise, pretty much all you need is out there. This game can be very hard, but there are certainly means to make it easier!

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

So I went back last night and played for another few hours. I was pretty hooked after the first 30 minutes!

My only question I have so far, which I can't find an answer for;
I'm using the sorcerer class and I'm wondering how/when can I purchase new spells and new armour? I've been to the merchant but he only sells chainmail. sad.gif

I'm surprised more GTAF members aren't playing...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Aaaargh! 2hrs and all I've succeeded in doing is lose about 2000 souls - I haven't even seen the taurus demon yet.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Patience my brother, btw the drake sword is awesome.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

Anyone able to answer my question regarding sells? Much appreciated if you can.

Cyraxx
  • Cyraxx

Lurker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Wednesday, Oct 12 2011, 13:21)
Anyone able to answer my question regarding sells? Much appreciated if you can.

You're gonna have to find a merchant who sells such items. From memory in the depths, sort of near the start (Pretty sure) there is a guy trapped in a room full of barrels who calls out for your help, smash them open and free him and he will show up in Firelink Shrine for you to purchase things from him. Another was a sorcerer and sorry that I can't be more helpful but I can't remember where I found him, try looking it up. He sells every soul arrow spell as well as a catalyst.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Soul Arrow Man can be rescued in the Lower Undead Burg. He is in the arrow where you first meet the dogs and get attacked by the thieving/ninja people. There should be a door there which you have to unlock. If my memory serves me correctly the key is actually bought from the first merchant in the Undead Burg. Might be wrong though, all I can remember is the key wasn't that hard to find.

Adding to something someone else said, it is a shame more people aren't playing/talking about this because it's a genuinely fantastic game. I'm enjoying just talking about and sharing information on it.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

Pheeeeew! Taurus Demon defeated!! I've been jumping off that tower and hitting right trigger instead of right bumper for the past two days!!

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

The first traversal of the white light in the Undead Parish leads to the Belfry Gargoyles right? How hard are they?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

I don't f*cking believe it! I got killed by the red dragon and dropped 3600 souls then on my way back to pick them up my controller ran out of juice. I'm looking for the end of the charge lead watching a sword and shield undead kill me. Nooooo!

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Thursday, Oct 13 2011, 00:52)
I don't f*cking believe it! I got killed by the red dragon and dropped 3600 souls then on my way back to pick them up my controller ran out of juice. I'm looking for the end of the charge lead watching a sword and shield undead kill me. Nooooo!

Ouch! Fortunately the Undead Burg is really good for grinding about 1,000 Souls at a time so you should be able to get them back quick enough.

The first traversal of the white light in the Undead Parish leads to the Belfry Gargoyles right? How hard are they?

Yes and they're not too hard just make sure you are fully aware of your surroundings and how near you are to the roof. Advice for them, take out one of them first and then work the other one, they're pretty weak and their attacks are easy enough to dodge.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

My biggest gripe with the game so far is guidance. I seriously have no idea where to go or what to do, and I really don't think it's necessary for me to spend time searching for the answer when the game should probably just tell me...

I just got past the dragon that breaths fire on the bridge and if I continue on under the bridge, I cannot defeat the enemy with the huge sword (drake sword, is it?). I really have no idea what to do! sad.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Thursday, Oct 13 2011, 20:32)
My biggest gripe with the game so far is guidance. I seriously have no idea where to go or what to do, and I really don't think it's necessary for me to spend time searching for the answer when the game should probably just tell me...

I just got past the dragon that breaths fire on the bridge and if I continue on under the bridge, I cannot defeat the enemy with the huge sword (drake sword, is it?). I really have no idea what to do! sad.gif

The places you have to go are the places you haven't been is the premise I'm working on now. I'm also just looking for bonfires. I'm around the same area as you. You have to go thru the undead parish to the gargoyles. You can bypass that knight to get there. I've managed to get the drake sword but I cant use it one handed yet because I put two levels into dexterity to use the bow.

I'm going to grind out a couple more levels now, Then I've got some tough knights to kill. I did manage to run past one in the undead burg who was guarding a nice prize - you get to keep what you loot so I went in there with hardly any souls.

This game is asking some serious existential questions. The answer to most of which seem to be, "That's your own fault"

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

What's your level now? I spent a while grinding, but I still can't manage to do any damage to him with my heavy soul arrow... sad.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 05:32)
What's your level now? I spent a while grinding, but I still can't manage to do any damage to him with my heavy soul arrow... sad.gif

I defeated him in the stairwell surprisingly quickly using the Drake Sword. I'm level 25 right now and I'm stuck on the Capra Demon. If you ignore that knight and carry on up through the parish you'll find some loot that'll help you defeat him. Have you kicked down the ladders that go from the bonfire to under the Drake's bridge? That's a big help.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Thursday, Oct 13 2011, 22:32)
I cannot defeat the enemy with the huge sword (drake sword, is it?). I really have no idea what to do! sad.gif

First off, you can bypass this enemy completely (not sure what huge positive consequences defeating him has during the course of the game, but as I remember correctly, he didn't drop anything special). If you really insist on beating him I would suggest fighting him on the stairs. You can fire your Soul Arrow upwards, but for some reason his attacks only go horizontal and don't do any damage if you're far enough below him. The way I ended up defeating him was when I ended up above him. I immediately ran to the top and made a turn to the right. He was standing on the stairs and couldn't hit me, while I could comfortably rain Soul Arrows down on him.
There are more instances like this where you can take advantage of the primitive AI. A lot of the time the enemies have difficulty dealing with elevations in the environment, so look around for places where you can trick them and lead them to it.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 10:05)
(not sure what huge positive consequences defeating him has during the course of the game, but as I remember correctly, he didn't drop anything special)

He drops the basement key and/or some titanite well worth getting imo. I had a couple of unused ones when I killed him so I'm not sure exactly which one.

Just triggered an elevator between the parish and the firelink shrine totally by accident - I had 6000+ souls on me so I was terrified as it was going down. (nothing worse than dropping a load of souls in a difficult to reach spot) It is still there but I've since lit a bonfire, so if I re-use it to go back up I'll be right on top of the big knights in the church.

Currently on a mission back to the parish where I'm going to face that thing that was firing blue bolts of lightnig at me. So far this is GOTY for me, I can just do six hours straight and the time whizzes by.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 16:46)
if I re-use it to go back up I'll be right on top of the big knights in the church.

They don't re-spawn. wink.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 16:56)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 16:46)
if I re-use it to go back up I'll be right on top of the big knights in the church.

They don't re-spawn. wink.gif

I'd found that out before you posted. One of the great things about this game is discovering things like that.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for the help. Going to spend a few hours on this today.

What are all your levels at the moment?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

I'm 28. I added the last two levels to strength. I'm currently saving for some buffs to my weapons, then I'm going to tackle some bosses.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:26 AM Edited by Remix, 15 October 2011 - 11:30 AM.

Level 24 here. Haven't really moved forward in the game since level 13...

Edit: if only matchmaking was simpler - I really want humanity(s).

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 11:26)

Haven't played any online yet. Is there anything you can get from it? Not sure about kindling either, apart from not having the humanity to do it.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:31 PM Edited by Remix, 15 October 2011 - 12:45 PM.

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 11:40)
QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 11:26)

Haven't played any online yet. Is there anything you can get from it? Not sure about kindling either, apart from not having the humanity to do it.

Do you have xbox live?

You can gain humanity from either;
- spawning in their world and killing them
- spawning in their world and aiding them by killing the boss in the area

But it's very difficult to find players... I've only been spawned into someones world twice, and i've tried a few times now.

Just rang the bell! Woo!

Edit: No idea where to go now...

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Haven't tried any online functions yet but its fun to see ghosts running about. I'm currently stuck just after the Gaping Dragon boss. I've unlocked a shortcut from Undead Burg to Darkroot Basin though and I think my next step is the hydra, problem is getting to the Hydra is a bit difficult due to water. Also killing Havel (Giant guy with hammer) was a f*cking bitch and a half.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

I have live, gamertag is "II J0SePh X II" the letter o is a zero. Are you on live?

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm on Live, gamertag is JCMoorehead.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (gta_king @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 17:33)

I've sent you a friend request. Not sure how I can get online though while hollow. It says 'no humanity' but I've got loads

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 21:22)
QUOTE (gta_king @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 17:33)

I've sent you a friend request. Not sure how I can get online though while hollow. It says 'no humanity' but I've got loads

You have to use the humanity, it'll add +1 to the number in the top left. After that you can go human again. I don't however think you can directly invite friends sad.gif

I got your request too and invited you smile.gif

Turned the game off for now, tried going back to the Undead Asylum from the beginning and the boss there is just too ridiculous, decided to play more of Guild Wars for the time being and try again tomorrow smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users