Photo

FIFA 12

335 replies to this topic
The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

FIFA 10 had about 10 commentary languages if I recall correctly. When I got bored I would start a new Manager Mode in Germany or France and play it in their respective language. Didn't understand a word mind you, but it was a pretty interesting experience.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Jun 3 2011, 00:22)
FIFA 10 had about 10 commentary languages if I recall correctly. When I got bored I would start a new Manager Mode in Germany or France and play it in their respective language. Didn't understand a word mind you, but it was a pretty interesting experience.

Yh, i've done that, i quite like it to be honest, more interesting than listening to the mug that is Andy Gray

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:28 AM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 03 June 2011 - 12:31 AM.

QUOTE (The Killa @ Jun 3 2011, 00:22)

That's what i mean, only for it to be automatic, if the setting's enabled. It's a specific and perhaps silly one i know,

I would like the ability to download at least the main languages though (american, french, german italian etc.) and manually change it like in 9 or 10(not sure which one let you do that.)

Another (of the long list) that EA need upgrade is the controller detection. I had a match on pause, and the controller died. So i turned it back on, and selected sides, and it warned me that doing so would cancel progress toward achievements etc. That's not good enough. Say you're going for an achievement that's i dunno, get a 10 pt rating, and you're playing a ten min half, it's the 89th minute and your controller dies. Sure have it if you CHANGE sides, but simply reconnecting your controller will cancel any achievment or accomlishment. For those that are into that, that would be very very poor.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 3 2011, 00:28)
Another (of the long list) that EA need upgrade is the controller detection. I had a match on pause, and the controller died. So i turned it back on, and selected sides, and it warned me that doing so would cancel progress toward achievements etc. That's not good enough. Say you're going for an achievement that's i dunno, get a 10 pt rating, and you're playing a ten min half, it's the 89th minute and your controller dies. Sure have it if you CHANGE sides, but simply reconnecting your controller will cancel any achievment or accomlishment. For those that are into that, that would be very very poor.

God I f*cking hate it when that happens, yes EA really need to fix that. For now I always kept my controller plugged to my PS3 so it won't automatically turned off.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Jun 3 2011, 06:02)

God I f*cking hate it when that happens, yes EA really need to fix that. For now I always kept my controller plugged to my PS3 so it won't automatically turned off.

Yes I do that too now. It use to piss me off big time.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

It's also pissing me off how the CPU can't managethe team properly.
I've subbed out a team for my friends for career and one of the players (steve) is the fastest in the team. In almost every game he's a key player, making killer passes and setting up chances, with the exception of my pro, hes the best in the team.
EVERY SINGLE GAME, the CPU will sub him off. They EVERY TIME my RM will be subbed.
My LF is actually CRAP, and has missed sitters. He's NEVER been substituted.
The times that Steve has been subbed, it's taken away the one player key to my attack. It's f*cking annoying. I wish the CPU would make more sensical substitutions.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 3 2011, 18:54)
It's also pissing me off how the CPU can't managethe team properly.
I've subbed out a team for my friends for career and one of the players (steve) is the fastest in the team. In almost every game he's a key player, making killer passes and setting up chances, with the exception of my pro, hes the best in the team.
EVERY SINGLE GAME, the CPU will sub him off. They EVERY TIME my RM will be subbed.
My LF is actually CRAP, and has missed sitters. He's NEVER been substituted.
The times that Steve has been subbed, it's taken away the one player key to my attack. It's f*cking annoying. I wish the CPU would make more sensical substitutions.

With regards to the CPU, i'd like them to learn to play weakend teams in the early cup stages as thats what I do but then I end up with Man Utd and they play a full strength team and my youngsters get beat most of the time

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

Injuries need to be improved.
"So and So is out" Why is he out"
"Severe injury"

fifa has always sucked with injuries. "whiplash" "cracked toe"
how about muscle strains, pulls, knee injuries, twists etc.

can ea even be bothered?

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Jun 3 2011, 02:42)

I'm confused. Are you upset because FIFA 11 disconnects the controller often, or that in cancels achievements? Because the message clearly states achievements will be blocked if you change teams during controller selection, and rightly so. I don't understand whats wrong with that

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Jun 4 2011, 01:50)

I'm confused. Are you upset because FIFA 11 disconnects the controller often, or that in cancels achievements? Because the message clearly states achievements will be blocked if you change teams during controller selection, and rightly so. I don't understand whats wrong with that

It doesn't really matter if we changed the team or not, so once the controller goes off, the game will take you to the select sides screen and no matter what you chose, you'll get a warning that changing teams will blah blah achievements and accomplishments or something like that. confused.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Jun 4 2011, 05:20)

It doesn't really matter if we changed the team or not, so once the controller goes off, the game will take you to the select sides screen and no matter what you chose, you'll get a warning that changing teams will blah blah achievements and accomplishments or something like that. confused.gif

So, you didn't read it or misread it, much in the same way you misread his post. If you don't switch teams, you're fine.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Jun 4 2011, 09:27)
QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Jun 4 2011, 05:20)

So, you didn't read it or misread it, much in the same way you misread his post. If you don't switch teams, you're fine.

Right when you leave your controller without touching It, It goes to Select sides and the controller icon goes Into the middle so you have to move back to the team your playing as and It blocks the achievements.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

It doesnt. It only blocks achievements if you select the opposing team instead of the team you're already playing with.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Ěchris @ Jun 4 2011, 13:50)
It doesnt. It only blocks achievements if you select the opposing team instead of the team you're already playing with.

I suppose i may have misread or misunderstood it.
They way i saw it was by the controller turning off, it changed teams to none - so the AI would become the team if you back out the menu.
Perhaps it's just warning you, in which case that's fine, and i misunderstood it.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Ěchris @ Jun 4 2011, 14:50)

That's weird because when I select the team I'm playing with then It blocks achievements.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

As long as we're talking about things we dislike, anyone else annoyed by the constant swapping positions the players do? I have a front 3 of Suarez Carroll and Young. Saurez and Young are incredibly effective especially at feeding balls to the big target man Carroll in the box, yet they're never effective when they switch positions which happens too often. How good is Carroll at crossing to Young in the box? It doesn't work. I can say I've lost many games because of this bug. Counterattacks are harder, scoring goals is harder, results are being affected.

That, and the superhuman ability for the AI to tackle perfectly every time are the biggest annoyances.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Jun 4 2011, 17:34)
As long as we're talking about things we dislike, anyone else annoyed by the constant swapping positions the players do? I have a front 3 of Suarez Carroll and Young. Saurez and Young are incredibly effective especially at feeding balls to the big target man Carroll in the box, yet they're never effective when they switch positions which happens too often. How good is Carroll at crossing to Young in the box? It doesn't work. I can say I've lost many games because of this bug. Counterattacks are harder, scoring goals is harder, results are being affected.

That, and the superhuman ability for the AI to tackle perfectly every time are the biggest annoyances.

the position swapping is a tactic - edit your teams tactics and make sure none are set to "free form" but rather "organized"
That will fix it, but sometimes players will swap, if your left winger takes the right wing corner, he'll stay over there if your right wingers moved to the left to cover. The ball going out of play should fix that.

I agree with your last point. I've have a 5 foot 10 player a beefy (stocky) guy, muscled off the ball by a 5 foot 1 player who was skinny.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Already did that, maybe I'll try messing around with it agian

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Jun 5 2011, 00:36)
Already did that, maybe I'll try messing around with it agian

That SHOULD sort it.
Bear in mind, like i said, that if your left winger strays to the right, your right winger may switch to cover for him. They will stay these sides until they can revert to their default positions.
I have not had a problem with this, unless i set my tactics to freeform. Then players will move all over the place. I usually have it set to organised and i don't have a problem at all. Keep messing around with it, I'm sure you'll fix it. any more probs post here and i'm sure we can try further smile.gif

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:18 PM Edited by SIKKS66, 01 July 2011 - 01:43 AM.

They've announced the commentary for the game; we're going to get two default English duos, Martin Tyler & Alan Smith and also Clive Tyldesley & Alan Smith Andy Townsend (for "tournament games" apparently). I think getting two options is gonna be cool for a change.

Edit: There, fixed. f*ck you The Killa! biggrin.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

I'm fine with that. Not that i had a problem with andy gray

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

I thought Gray was ok good tbh, I always hated commentary on football games. The first time it was decent was when he did it. It was getting a bit old with his same phrases though so it's probably good that they've freshened it up a bit.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

The commentary looks brilliant! Glad to see Clive back icon14.gif

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 08:18)
They've announced the commentary for the game; we're going to get two default English duos, Martin Tyler & Alan Smith and also Clive Tyldesley & Alan Smith (for "tournament games" apparently). I think getting two options is gonna be cool for a change.

Great news. If I had to hear "Listen, if you're a defender, do better." again in FIFA 12 I wouldn't have even given it a chance

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:31 PM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 01 July 2011 - 11:13 AM.

new commentary!!!

Me likey tounge.gif

It was so gay the way EA recycled the commentary. but thats the one part of the game that's going to be repetitive - thats why 10 had it right with DLC commentary packs (for FREE)

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

coffee paper, yes

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 20:32)
QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 08:18)
They've announced the commentary for the game; we're going to get two default English duos, Martin Tyler & Alan Smith and also Clive Tyldesley & Alan Smith (for "tournament games" apparently). I think getting two options is gonna be cool for a change.

Great news. If I had to hear "Listen, if you're a defender, do better." again in FIFA 12 I wouldn't have even given it a chance

"Here's Tevez, with his bulldog-like approach"

Two different English duos for the game sounds great. Commentary was never really a big deal to me, but it can certainly become repetitive as Mokrie said. Enabling Spanish language for commentary has been fantastic for sprucing it up when it becomes dull, though!

I never even knew there were commentary DLCs available for 10, and for some reason it wasn't possible for 11? That's lame bored.gif

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:29 AM

Actually, SIKKS66, according to some other reports I see, Andy Townsend will partner Clive Tyldesley, not Adam Smith. So FIFA 12 will have 4 different commentators really..

YOU WERE WRONG.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:31 AM

One of the things I've really played a lot in 10 and 11 has been the virtual pro clubs. I've played that more than all the other game modes put together. But the GK's were waaaay too over powered. When against a good GK it was nearly impossible to score in a 1v1. You had to pass to your team mate for an open goal to stand any chance. So I really hope they make the GK harder to play.

Actually, SIKKS66, according to some other reports I see, Andy Townsend will partner Clive Tyldesley, not Adam Smith. So FIFA 12 will have 4 different commentators really..

YOU WERE WRONG.

That's an easy mistake to make, all white people look the same.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 00:31)
One of the things I've really played a lot in 10 and 11 has been the virtual pro clubs. I've played that more than all the other game modes put together. But the GK's were waaaay too over powered. When against a good GK it was nearly impossible to score in a 1v1. You had to pass to your team mate for an open goal to stand any chance. So I really hope they make the GK harder to play.

YOU WERE WRONG.

That's an easy mistake to make, all white people look the same.

in the game the GK's got it hard. The pass you mentioned is an ugly tactic to play from a GK's pov. may mate hates it so much he'll quit on the sight of it (i do not condone that)
I play GK all the time - i am a gk, i love the position with a fierce passion, and am training to fight tooth and nail to play #1 for my team, ad tbh in fifa playing GK ISN'T FUN ENOUGH. It'd be tricky to fix it, but it isn't.

Fifa's a snapshot of the game. In most games the keeper will make a dozen saves, several passes. sometimes in fifa you'd be lucky to make one.

@thecacti, it may have been 09, i'm not 100% sure. i had the brazilian commentary and they DID shout "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!" when i scored. Was the most epic moment of fifa for me and my mate! Also the french commentary this is honestly what we heard:
"Malouda, wahey!" (which we both now say EVERY time he's ever talked about)
and when we scored :"???? ??? Non... ??? OUI!!"
Hearing a man shout "Wee" when scoring is just priceless.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:42 AM Edited by SIKKS66, 01 July 2011 - 01:45 AM.

QUOTE (The Killa @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 00:29)

YOU WERE WRONG.

Oh sh*t I knew that, I just typed Alan Smith twice by mistake! tounge.gif Of course Andy Townsend is with CT, it's the ITV pairing. Which I prefer. Because CT has legendary United quotes such as "SHERRINGHAAAM!!" and "van der Sar saves it! United again!" tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users