МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ May 20 2011, 15:55)
Oh man, imagine all the chaos will be going on during a corner. Players jumping and the goalkeeper trying to get the ball, it'll be awesome if we can tackle the keeper (accidentally). sly.gif

Chaos during corners would be awesome. Its rare you get scrambles in fifa but when you do they're f*cking epic!

I wanna see improved first touch/ skills. In 11 it's almost impossible to receive the ball and with your first touch, flick it behind you and turn the player like Denis berkamp (im tired and cant remember how to spell his name) famously did against newcastle...

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

coffee paper, yes

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ May 20 2011, 15:55)
it'll be awesome if we can tackle the keeper (accidentally). sly.gif

hah! Sadly, those days of fun in fifa are long gone. I personally miss the standing fouls.

Agreed about the first touch Mokrie, it was indeed hard to successfully get around defenders by using it in 11, but I think the new defensive controls are going to change that, because the "rubberband AI" and all-too-easy pressing button are to be removed from the gameplay formula. oh, and Bergkamp wink.gif

You can read about how defense and tackles are going to require more skill on behalf of the user in this article.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

The video says FIFA 11 around 4:47, but it seems legit, and pretty good.

LMAO at the NFL tackling tho', it seems a little over-the-boards, we're talking about tackling, not warfare here, some of those animations made the players look like they had stepped on a mine, but it's all good. I hardly think EA is stupid enough to make the self-injury thing as annoying and stupid that 10 out of the 11 players on the pitch end up injuring themselves by the final whistle, I stay pretty optimistic on that. Altogether, it seems like FIFA is taking big steps forward, just like it should icon14.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ May 21 2011, 08:42)
The video says FIFA 11 around 4:47, but it seems legit, and pretty good.

I think that's because they're comparing the new impact system to the current 11 one.

I'm loving the more realistic tacking especially seeing Mikel go flying XD

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

I think these features do sound quite interesting; however I have my reservations. I've got a niggling feeling they'll be superficially good, but actually just be irritating. New features on Fifa seem to be implemented quite clumsily on there first outing (at least in my view) and I can see the injury engine playing the role of an ever present threat to players.

Impact engine does look sexual though.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

Wow, this looks sweet. Hope the PC version will also have this, else I'll just stick around with PES for another year.

http://www.ea.com/uk...gine-trailer-02

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

There's a PC version? Last I heard, they stopped making the PC version because of poor sales due to them only porting the PS2 versions of the game.

Do they actually port the PS3/360 version with decent graphics options? If so, my brother finally might have a reason to sell his damn PS3.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (^- Dice -> @ May 31 2011, 10:51)
Wow, this looks sweet. Hope the PC version will also have this, else I'll just stick around with PES for another year.

http://www.ea.com/uk...gine-trailer-02

The impact engine won't be on the PC version. Clicky

@d0mm2k8: They stopped porting from the PS2 since FIFA 10 on the PC, meanwhile FIFA 11 on the PC is actually FIFA 10 from the PS3/360. confused.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

FIFA 12 looks really good but all I'm bothered about Is Career Mode smile.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ May 31 2011, 15:29)

which wil be a port from 11 i bet. I do hope they get rid of the calender though.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

And fix players not improving for starters...

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ May 31 2011, 23:39)
And fix players not improving for starters...

But they do?

Not until they turn 21 though.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:03 AM Edited by OchyGTA, 01 June 2011 - 01:11 AM.

I'd really like them to break down the final day of the transfer window so we could get some last minute deals done and would also like players to improve if they go out on loan because at the moment, all loans do is free up wages and are really quite pointless. Finally, I think the AI needs to foul more because I only tend to get free kicks on fairly rare occasions providing there's not a handball.

Oh and derby matches need to feel different, the crowds should boo opposition players when they go down and players should scuffle if a bad challenge has been committed. Also, I would like officials to make mistakes sometimes and not be so spot on for example, some offside goals should be ruled onside and vice versa, some handballs/fouls in the box (small but still fouls) should not be given as penalties and then you should see the players swamp the referee when the ball goes out of play. If a team is losing and the game is coming to an end, the players on the losing team should go down under the challenge more easily in search of penalties and freekicks.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ May 31 2011, 20:29)

which wil be a port from 11 i bet. I do hope they get rid of the calender though.

I love the calender. I thought that was one of the best things about Career Mode.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Jun 1 2011, 08:50)

I love the calender. I thought that was one of the best things about Career Mode.

Really? I thought it massively pointless. Taking ages to advance just to give you a schedule change. Imo i don't understand how you can like it tounge.gif I would rather it go back to "next match" instead. I don't wanna sit through a damned calender when i'm trying to play a football game sad.gif

@OchyGTA, I like that idea about scuffles. Also some players should have a trait that would make them push players when fouled etc. EA Won't include this though because it doesn't fit with the "family" bullcrap.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 1 2011, 11:08)
@OchyGTA, I like that idea about scuffles. Also some players should have a trait that would make them push players when fouled etc. EA Won't include this though because it doesn't fit with the "family" bullcrap.

Yh its like how they never say the referee made the wrong call and always agree if a player was sent off despite it being a light challenge.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Any word on the commentators? Sincerely hope Andy Gray will not feature

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Jun 2 2011, 03:06)
Any word on the commentators? Sincerely hope Andy Gray will not feature

I'd like to know that too.

Not that i have a problem with him myself.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

He probably wont. Not with that sexism scandal, since fifa is so utterly family friendly.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (^- Dice -> @ Jun 2 2011, 05:45)
He probably wont. Not with that sexism scandal, since fifa is so utterly family friendly.

Yeah I highly doubt he'd return

Although EA like recycling things and it's easier and cheaper to just use preexisting commentary, as they have done for the last 3 years.

New commentators COMPLETELY - I wanna see country specific commentators - if you're playing LA Galaxy Vs NYC Red Bulls, There should be American commentators on that game. Marseilles Vs PSG, should have a french man etc. Won't happen but i'd like to see FREE DLC for commentary, allowing you to download french german american etc commentators and allow a way to set them for each country.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Was weird actually, other day I was playing Fifa 11 while listening to TalkSPORT and realised I had Andy Gray coming through my TV (even if it was turned down low) and through my radio at the same time. And I can't stand Andy Gray. Some kind of self-harm or something that is...

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 1 2011, 12:08)

Really? I thought it massively pointless. Taking ages to advance just to give you a schedule change. Imo i don't understand how you can like it tounge.gif I would rather it go back to "next match" instead. I don't wanna sit through a damned calender when i'm trying to play a football game sad.gif

Gives you more time In the market and to set your tactics for upcoming matches (that's If your like me who takes ages to custom tactics)

Aussiebushmatt
  • Aussiebushmatt

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'm hoping for Alan Partridge as the second commentator wink.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Jun 2 2011, 12:55)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 1 2011, 12:08)

Gives you more time In the market and to set your tactics for upcoming matches (that's If your like me who takes ages to custom tactics)

I have almost 20 different formations and lots of custom tactics. I've spent hours doing that, but i don't see the relevance between that and the calender. If you're playing a team that plays wing-heavy, you'd adjust the tactics just before kick off to suit. Not a week before the fixture - if you can anticipate how the team you're gonna play is gonna play that far ahead then I'm massively impressed!

Transfers make sense. You saying that has made me go "hmm..." and think maybe the calender DOES have a point.

Tactics however, i'm not understanding the relevance between them and the calender.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Is there any word on the new career mode confused.gif ? I am really hoping they make improvements and combine all good features from the career/manger modes in the past as well as additional new changes. If its a port i will really e disappointed with the game as i only really tend to play career/manager mode.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Jun 2 2011, 15:01)
Is there any word on the new career mode confused.gif ? I am really hoping they make improvements and combine all good features from the career/manger modes in the past as well as additional new changes. If its a port i will really e disappointed with the game as i only really tend to play career/manager mode.

same here. My mates are more interested in achievement whoring then actually playing games. the only time i play on line now is with my mate and he don't seem to understand the concept of "team" (he's a ball & glory hog), and when I go for a run, he complains. I prefer it in goal anyway - i really hope they improve that and make it more fun.
I can't see too many changes in career mode tbh. It is, and probably always will be, match after match.

I would LOVE to see each match being different - derbies and rival teams ending up in a scrappy, high-tension, high aggression game, with bookings, bad tackles, dodgey tactics, scuffles and the off punch up - i would absolutely LOVE to see a bad tackle come in, and the players just swarm into a melee. But Family friendly EA won't accurately depict the game (lack of diving etc, mystical force fields on goal kicks etc). The crowd - also sated before - should react accordinly too. I wanna hear the stadium erupt when a bad tackle's done - the audio in Fifa has lacked imo for a few years. Anyone who's been in the crowd during a scrappy game when a bad tackle comes in can testify - there's a feel in the air. I want to stadium to explode when a bad tackle comes in, and when the small team (stevenage for example) scores against a bigger one (Newcastle) - the crowd go wild. In FIFA, so far it's a generic cheer. Not good enough. Audio needs a BIG step up imo

Career should be more immersive - choices you make should affect crowds. Sign a big player and crowds will increase. Play nice silky football and the fans will respond. play a dirty desperate game and fans willrespond negatively. etc.

A training mode, INSIDE career, where you can try out your teams tactics and play style etc would be cool, bring in a FK training system like PRO EVO has - with the target....

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Training mode In Career Mode I what I've been wishing for the past 3 years.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 2 2011, 05:50)
if you're playing LA Galaxy Vs NYC Red Bulls, There should be American commentators on that game.

FIFA 12: Release the Kraken

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Jun 2 2011, 12:50)
New commentators COMPLETELY - I wanna see country specific commentators - if you're playing LA Galaxy Vs NYC Red Bulls, There should be American commentators on that game. Marseilles Vs PSG, should have a french man etc. Won't happen but i'd like to see FREE DLC for commentary, allowing you to download french german american etc commentators and allow a way to set them for each country.

There are country specific commentators. You have to realize that your wish is very specific, not very common at all. I can't remember if you can change the commentary language but not the game language, but I faintly remember it as being possible. I'm also pretty sure that one of the last FIFAs had extra commentary for download for free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users