Kaká!

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

Oh man oh man. Can't f*cking wait for this one sly.gif

Just downloaded the 8 MB version of that shot, it's nice.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

Kaka is looking a little fat in that screenie.

Looking good but most EA sports games usually do.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm really looking forward to it. Even if it sucks, the price on FIFA 11 is bound to drop. Win.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Can't f*cking wait! I love FIFA inlove.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

The screen does look good, but for me it comes down to how the game plays. There's still a number of issues they need to fix with gameplay. But considering the margin of improvement between last 4 years' editions, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to release a quality game.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

New Details:

user posted image

FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.

The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.

AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.

OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.

The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.

Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.

The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.

There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

Source

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Apr 29 2011, 10:59)
The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

Great, a more restrictive, short-passing game. dozingoff.gif

Josh
  • Josh

All thoughts of sleep desert me

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

I was thinking about this earlier actually, since new FIFA games are released every year do we really need a new topic every time? Why don't we just keep the discussion of all FIFA games in the one topic?

As for the screenshot itself, I agree 100% with TheCacti and TPFS. EA need to stop punishing casual players by removing the ability to find a team mate with a pass. If I want to miscue every attempted through ball, I could just go down to the park with my mates...

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Josh @ Apr 29 2011, 16:19)
I was thinking about this earlier actually, since new FIFA games are released every year do we really need a new topic every time? Why don't we just keep the discussion of all FIFA games in the one topic?

As for the screenshot itself, I agree 100% with TheCacti and TPFS. EA need to stop punishing casual players by removing the ability to find a team mate with a pass. If I want to miscue every attempted through ball, I could just go down to the park with my mates...

There are many assists available to prevent that.

sickboyy
  • sickboyy

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

Might actually get into this one instead of being thrashed by my friends.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Spent waaaaaaay too much money on Ultimate Team gold packs on Fifa 11. I need #12 to come along so I can leave that embaressment in the past haha.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Apr 12 2011, 21:01)
There's still a number of issues they need to fix with gameplay.

That's an understatement. 11 was riddled with problems, albeit it tiny, that EA refused to fix. Just look at their forums.
things as small as all players having white gloves, to bigger things like the error with the stats board on the first couple of weeks that caused widespread game crashes(which to be fair they did fix).

I will buy it and i do love the games but I'm hoping they do it all right.

a WORKING Be a GK mode (offline), and the absence of "kick a GK" in online,
merge BOTH creation centers and either have one single on online or on the disk (half the features were only available through the website, half only through the game, thus meaning you CANT create that perfect player, with personality and behaviour AND tweaked facial options etc.

I dunno why im saying this here, but hey.

Personally though, the new system (forgot the name) that is going to make collisions (perhaps one of the worst parts of fifa) realistic and yet another "groundbreaking" running, passing and dribbling control engine is just another damned gimmick.
We'll have to wait and see, of course, and i'm sure it'll still be a "good" game, I'm not anticipating it to be the "best"

At least it's not likely that it'll be as problematic as Fallout ;P

I do wonder one thing though: Will EA follow suit and continue the pattern of "phasing out" manager mode? or will they fully implement it this time, and make it more immersive then ever. I loved and miss the little multiple choice things you got RE dealing with the press etc in (i think) 06/07 (ps2).
As long as creation centre returns, so i can make my custom teams, i'm happy (though i doubt they'll give us back the ability to create a team for Manager Mode).

There's alot of things they can improve on, and tbh i'm not expecting 12 to be THAT much of an improvement. It will mainly do 2 things:

1 - fix bugs in 11 that a patch should do

2 - update kits and transfers & players

3 - add 1 or 2 new gimmicks/features

4 - add also a few new bugs that wont be fixed until 13

Oh and i want Sheva back in the mo'f*cking game!

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:25 AM

Manager Mode is almost ace I think. It needs a touch of new features here or there for better immersion. And this time young players BETTER improve. I just never ever see stat progression with them, ever. Infact they go down despite constant first team football

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ May 2 2011, 00:25)
Manager Mode is almost ace I think. It needs a touch of new features here or there for better immersion. And this time young players BETTER improve. I just never ever see stat progression with them, ever. Infact they go down despite constant first team football

See i felt that it was too simplified. It was too much "play match, sub player, play match" etc. The most exciting thing's ive had is an offer for my player who accidentally got listed as for sale, the odd injury and suspension and 20 schedule changes.

Fifa 12 is promising "easier menu navigation" which sounds to me like they're gonna not have the player go through loads of different menus just to do one thing tounge.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

I stopped playing after 09 came out because of this annual bullsh*t.
I'd much rather them spend several years perfecting an amazing football game with all these yearly 'features' in and fix all the quirks.
People buy this mediocre stuff anyways, so it's no concern of EA's. Shame, I'd love an actual good footie game for once.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

Oh man, i hope they get rid of the Virtual Pro Accomplishment bullsh*t. Give us several different catagories:

Attacking
Defensive
Movement
Skill
Power
Mentality
Goalkeeper

And have each category have X amount of points to spend on it. So no matter what you do to your attacking catagory (shootine etc) your GK won't be affected. You wont be able to be a super-player, but you can at least set your pro to be what you want.

Perhaps when completing accomplishments you get points and these points you can spend on any category, and your pro will also grow.

The worst feature in Fifa imo is the punishment to casual gamers; my Virtual Pro is a "good" goalkeeper. He's not fantastic, and i've invested a little time to get him there. Who the f*ck can A have the time and B the patience to sit there and get all the accomplishments and grow their pro? This aint goddamned real life, it's a game, that's meant to be fun. What i find fun is playing the game, not spending 6 months unlocking the ability to not die halfway through the game due to fatigue, only then to hear of the new fifa.

Cue Comic book Guy:
Worst
Feature
Ever

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Can't wait to see what Career Mode Is like. I hope the Transfer funding are better, that was definitely a letdown on FIFA 11.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ May 2 2011, 07:46)
Can't wait to see what Career Mode Is like. I hope the Transfer funding are better, that was definitely a letdown on FIFA 11.

Same here, I only play career mode. After a bug which froze the game when selecting a particular player I traded it in. sad.gif

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

People still play fifa?
Each game is like a clone of the last one

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

The games do get better.

I've dreamed of a concept that could be put in practice in these types of yearly sports games or Gran Turismo or any type of simulator for that matter. Instead of a game, the users would buy a "platform" - the engine on which the game would run. From there, the game would expand by micropayments once new content becomes available. Users could even weigh in on what the content should be.

Josh
  • Josh

All thoughts of sleep desert me

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (danjodan @ May 2 2011, 18:18)
People still play fifa?
Each game is like a clone of the last one

Maybe if you don't have the patience to figure out where they are different they may appear to be. But judging by your previous posts around the place you don't appear the sharpest tool in the shed.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Booyah! I mean, Bump!

QUOTE (previous article on 1st page)
FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.

So, some new information, however vague, has surfaced about this 'Impact Engine' that we can expect to see in FIFA 12.

FIFA 12's new Impact Engine is the "biggest change" EA Canada has made to the franchise since rebuilding the game for next generation consoles, according to lead gameplay designer Aaron McHardy.

Detailed at length in OXM issue 73, which goes on sale 10th May, the Impact Engine swaps out the canned collision animations and injury calculations of older games for a true-blue physics system that dramatically enhances the realism of play, or so EA Canada claims.

"It's the biggest change we've made since we rebuilt the engine for next-gen consoles," McHardy told deputy editor Mike Channell. "I mean we rebuilt the engine from scratch, so that's as big as it can get, but since then we're ripping out a big chunk of the game and it's a massive change."

"It solves a lot of problems for us this year, it gives us better accuracy, better momentum, more realistic outcomes, solving a lot of situations that we just tried not to get into before," he went on.

One of the areas the Impact Engine affects is tackling. If a tackling party clips your trailing leg, you should have the momentum and balance to keep your feet - but if that player connects with your front peg, you'll go down like a sack of potatoes.

"Now we're opening up the game so you can get into these situations and see new cool and interesting things, but also it lays a foundation for places for us to go in the future," McHardy enthused.

"When you think about the resilience of the player and the ability for someone to take a hit and continue dribbling, we didn't have that ability before in our game because you were either dribbling or you were stumbling. Now we have that grey area and it's something we can play with down the line, just to give you some vision of where we see these kind of things going."

source

Maybe I'm just a rose-tinted fifa fanboy, but I'm actually excited about these changes to the in game engine, and I believe this new edition will truly offer us something new. They've apparently "rebuilt the engine from scratch." Finally, we may have a football that game that allows the players to truly interact with one another on the pitch instead of the pre-scripted animations that we're used to.

I'm also very curious to see how they're planning on improving the free-kick system. Personally, I like it is the way it is and I never had too much trouble executing my desired free-kick, and yet I never felt it was too easy. Will be interesting to see what we get this year opposed to the bug-riddled mess that is FIFA10 v2, I mean fifa11.

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

Might gonna buy this game

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

If all of that is true, this game might be really spectacular. Kinda reminds me of the changes they did in NHL 11, the new physics engine is awesome, I've been anticipating that they'll try to do something for FIFA's physics engine too, but yeah, as long as it's not official I'll try and not to get too excited.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

Some news:

Although the video is rather quirky, it appears legit to me. The new impact engine looks to be good with its precise and realistic animations during tackles, and I love the new defensive jostling.

And how annoying do you predict the "self-injuries" to be? hah, at least it's more realistic, and that's all I can ask for.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

That impact engine is amazing. inlove.gif

About that self-injuries, will ALL normal players do that? or just the one's that got injured before?

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ May 20 2011, 11:21)
About that self-injuries, will ALL normal players do that? or just the one's that got injured before?

From what I know, it's going to be applicable to all players. But off the ball injuries like that will mostly happen to players who are being worked too much. So it should really help prevent people just abusing fast players and mashing the sprint button for 90 minutes, which is a great improvement!

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ May 20 2011, 12:21)
That impact engine is amazing. inlove.gif

Doesn't it just, looks fantastic. It will certainly give the gameplay an extra little umph.

The self injuries may get a little annoying but i suppose it does stop people abusing the fast players online like TheCacti said.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Oh man, imagine all the chaos will be going on during a corner. Players jumping and the goalkeeper trying to get the ball, it'll be awesome if we can tackle the keeper (accidentally). sly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users