Liberty City is in shock today as the police and emergency services deal with the aftermath of a devastating attack on a police convoy this morning. As of yet, no details have been released about the prisoners being transfered in the convoy, and no group has claimed responsibility.
The convoy left police headquarters early this morning for a routine transfer of felons to Liberty penetentiary. The attack took place on the Callahan Bridge leaving few witnesses and the bridge itself severely damaged. Some of the convicts are thought to have perished in the explosion that followed the initial attack. Revelations as to the professionalism of the attack struck police hours afterwards, when identification of the missiong felons were further hampered by an attack by computer hackers on police headquarter databases.
With the Porter tunnel project falling behind schedule, this disaster leaves Portland isolated from the rest of the city.
Script Version: 1.0
Having seen the GTA:III Ultimate Starter save files around the net, I decided to create our own Ultimate Starter made by the GTA:III Chain Game players to see of we're the articles or sister assistants. So, I proudly present you with the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter edition
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter edition is for anyone who wants to play along. Unlike the regular Chain Game, it involves doing ONLY side missions at the very beginning of the game.
Please, read the Rules before you start to play. The Rules are here so that the game can progress and everyone can have an enjoyable experience of contributing into its completion. (Although the rules are created for someone to intentially break them, this is not a suitable case).
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and want to plunge right in, simply follow the Quick Start Guide for now and read the complete set of rules later. You're excused for now, but eventually you'll have to... otherwise, you'll spoil the chaingaming experience, and, first of all, for yourself.
Quick Start Guide
Supplement To The Rules
GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Personnel
The Ultimate Starter Checklist
GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Records Book
Hideout Inventory List
Unique Vehicle List
GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Hosted Mods
Quick Start Guide
1. Call a turn by posting in this topic.
2. Download the last save.
3. Play one side mission (if there is more than one available, choose the one you desire)
4. Upload your save on Samutz Save'N'Play
5. Post the link to your game back here within 3 hours. Edit your original post to do this.
Here's a copy & paste template for the posting format you should use.
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter
1. Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers or mods. They can seriously mess up things in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but for the other players as well. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect on a save after having used the cheats, it is better not to use them. See exceptions for this rule below.
2. Call a turn by posting in the topic.
3. Download the previously posted save file. We want to use the same save file throughout the game.
4. Complete ONE Side Mission only, save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link back in the topic (use the Edit button).
5. The Side Mission is any mission that does not effect the progress of the storyline. Examples are "Paramedic", "Patriot Playground" and "Mafia Massacre".
6. Several side missions are exceptions from the 'one side mission rule'. Find all details on these in the Supplement To The Rules.
7. Use Samutz's uploader to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down you can use any other file sharing network.
8. Use the preferred posting format (see below).
9. Wait until 2 other turns have been completed before calling another mission.
10. If 4 hours pass without anybody completing a turn, then the '2-mission wait rule' is reset & anyone may call a turn. This does NOT mean waiting 4 hours between personal turn calls.
11. The time limit to complete the turn is 3 hours. We will use the post time in the topic. The timer starts when the caller has made a post indicating he has taken a turn. After 3 hours have passed and the caller has not posted back, it's a forfeit and anyone else may call a turn.
12. The caller may call a forfeit. The forfeiter should wait at least one turn before calling another turn. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '2 mission rule' and will not reset the 4 hour timer.
13. In the event of two gamers calling a turn at the same time, the one who posted earlier takes the turn.
14. Mission strategy is up to the caller - just don't use cheats, trainers or mods (for exceptions see below).
15. DO NOT save after getting busted, wasted or failing a side mission.
16. The caller may purchase weapons, respray the vehicles, set up the bombs and have relations with prostitutes. Please let us know about any of this stuff in the Notes section of your post.
17. The caller may do any collections/deliveries in the 3 hours. Please report any extra stuff in the Notes section.
18. As we're making the Ultimate Starter, we will be obliged to get to Staunton and Shoreside by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open.
19. Only mods that are hosted by the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game are allowed to be used during the turn completion.
A request to all players
Please, post the completion percentage from the stats after you have completed your turn. This will help in putting together the stats at the end of the round. The completion % can be found in the first line of STATS menu.
1. Try to keep the safe house saves minimal. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.
2. Try to save with full health and armor.
3. Save close to available side missions when possible.
4. It's good to be able to access Staunton and Shoreside using a Dodo rather than special techniques. That's why the players would be advised to complete Portland Docks garage as soon as possible.
Supplement To The Rules
This supplement is designed to discuss some of the technicalities of the Chain Game rules.
(1) Abuse of the '2 Mission Rule':
Callers are encouraged to understand the basic ethics of the Chain Game. One should only call a mission, once the previous caller has completed his/her called mission and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound. Hence, to call a mission while a previous one is being completed, defeats the entire logic of the chain. Let's also consider the fact that when a mission/turn is called that the 3 hour timer has started.
(2) Exceptions from the 'One Side Mission Rule':
This mission can be done on all three islands in one go. It can still be done for each island separately if the player desires so. It would be advised, however, to extinguish 20 fires on any island in one go in order to get larger monetary rewards.
This mission can be as well done on all three islands in one go. It can still be done for each island separately if the player desires so. It would be advised, however, to assasinate 20 criminals on any island in one go in order to get larger monetary rewards.
Although the players can complete this mission partially, it would be advised to do it in one go by delivering 100 fares at a time in order to get larger monetary rewards.
4. Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Jumps
Feel free to get any of these but remeber: the 3-hour rule remains the same. Also, put any Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Jumps and rewards received for them into the 'Notes' section.
5. Vehicle Export
All callers are allowed to participate in exporting cars, and this does not have to be done separately. Callers can help by storing cars on the lists beforehand when they come across these.
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like 'that mission where you deliver patients to the hospital'.
Called by: Use your GTAFourms account name.
Link: The link to your uploaded save file, after you've completed your turn.
Completion: Completion percentage from stats section.
Notes: Anything pertinent to the mission/strategy or extra stuff done.
A simple "I'll take/call a turn" is enough to call a turn (most players do it this way), but please use this posting format for your completed turns. Below you'll find a template you can copy and paste, it'll look just like the example above. Feel free to change the colors to your liking.
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Personnel
- Arsen Vitiuk - GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Chief
- dingleman - GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Participant
- lol232 - GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Participant
- cidamelo - GTA:III Veteran Player (and the greatest fan of Claude Speed I ever knew)
- Claude Speed. - GTA:III Side Missions Expert
The Ultimate Starter Checklist
Percentage complete: 53% (Maximum Achieved)
Accomplished side missions
Unaccomplished side missions
Give Me Liberty
Hidden Packages: 100/100
Unique Jumps: 20/20
A Ride In The Park
Portland Harbor Crane:
Portland Docks Garage:
Pike Creek Import Garage:
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Records Book
Patriot Palyground in secs: 226 (Claude Speed.)
A Ride In The Park in secs: 94 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Gripped! in secs: 234 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Multistorey Mayhem in secs: 99 (lol232)
Mafia Massacre: 5 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Diablo Destruction: 3 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Casino Calamity: 6 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Rumpo Rampage: 6 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Longest Flight in Dodo: 64 (dingleman)
The records for Vehicle Missions and TOYZ missions CANNOT be re-written. It means the recordsman is permanent in GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter. But Longest flight in Dodo can be re-written by any of the callers.
Hideout Inventory List
The following list was made to make players aware of what inventory is already available at hideouts and which is still not.
Police bribes: 6/6
Unique Vehicle List
The unique vehicle list is pretty much limited in the beginning of the game. Still, the following vehicles are acquisitable in our scenario. Players can throw them out but it's good to keep them just for fun.
1. Pale-green Kuruma (UC) - during "Give Me Liberty" [P]
UC - unique color;
in green - acquired vehicles
in red - unacquirable vehicles
[P] - in Portland garage
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter Hosted Mods
This section is for mods created by Chain Game payers. If you play the GTA:III Chain Game: The Ultimate Starter edition and have a brilliant mod you want to share with other players, PM me and if your mod is good, then I will post it here so any player can utilize it.
1. Weapon enhancements (made by Arsen Vitiuk and lol232)
2. Euro 2012 paintjobs (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
3. Cool Claude skin (made by lol232)
4. Lowered Full-winged Dodo path (made by dingleman)
5. PlayStation 2 Ghost Color Scheme (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
6. Gang Vehicles Flag Colors (made by Arsen Vitiuk)