» «
Photo

ParrotBay Radio

30 replies to this topic
iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:43 AM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 20 April 2011 - 04:20 AM.

PARROTBAY RADIO v1.0.1

Did you ever want to play all GTAIV series radio in one single game? How about your own custom radio station made completely of GTA IV / EFLC tracks? Choose your playlist, and then create skin for your radio station. Make as many as you want, play them as easy as button press.

FEATURES:

# All GTA IV / TBOGT / TLAD Audio supported
# Easily build playlist using Offline editor
# Create skins with custom background/buttons/text/animations
# Switch between stations in milliseconds.
# Play, pause, rewind, fast forward any track
# Mix two or more stations in one
# Play your music in all clubs
# Using 100% GTAIV code/engine.
# All playlists and skins are XML
# Supports importing of GTA IV audio to EFLC
# Sounds database included
# Supports linking tracks to hour/minute or any weather
# Supports binding keys to Joypad/Keyboard/Mouse

Custom club music!!!! HOT!!

FAQ FOR NEWBIES:

How to start ParrotRadio ingame?

To activate ingame radio, press PRINT SCREEN on your keyboard. You can easily configure all buttons in scripts\parrotradio.config. If you have conflict with another script, just change buttons in mentioned file. You can use keyboard, mouse or any PC gamepad.

Why some audio won't play?

If you cant play some audio, it means that you don't have required game data files to play those. Not all radio will work for you if you haven't followed the instructions on how to import audio. If you don't have GTAIV, YOU CANNOT PLAY GTAIV audio! What you have is what you can play.

How do I remove unwanted entries from playlist?

Just edit playlist with OfflineRadio.exe, and remove lines that will not play. Replace them with other sounds from library. Save your playlist, and it will be immediately changed in game. You don't even have to reload scripts, not even to reload your save game. Just switch to another radio, and get back to yours. Everytime you select the radio, it will reload itself.

Can I remove playlists that I don't need?

You can remove unwanted playlists, edit them, or create new with OfflineRadio.exe. Game will read the playlists in your scripts\RADIO folder. So make sure to have at least one playlist in RADIO folder.

Is it true that I can use GTAIV radio in EFLC?

Follow the instructions, and if you have GTAIV+EFLC installed, you can use complete radio from all games, right in your EFLC installation. Make backups of all files that you intend to overwrite. It will take 30minutes to 1 hour to accomplish all steps from Audio Tutorial.

How do I make my own playlist skins?

Using OfflineRadio.exe, open any playlist, and by pressing valve button, you can access skin edit menu. In there you can open skin files from other playlists, and assign them to yours, or edit all of its features one by one. DO NOT CHANGE names from the left column, as the game won't be able to recognize your settings. Properties must have original names, while you can edit values as you wish.

How do I use custom colors on my playlist?

You can use any color, by simply writing its name. For example: Red, OliveDrab, DarkBlue, Gold, Black. If you want to use multiple colors for playlist title or song title, use following approach: To show one part of the text in white, write [*w*]My Text. You can use multiple colors like this, [*w*]My text is [*r*]Red, while some text is [*g*]Green!. Combine base text color with bracket colors to get more variations. As you guesed, the letter inside of brackets is the first letter of a color (w = white, r = red, b = blue...)

Can this all be easier?

No. If you want to achieve what Rockstar did't let you do at the first place, and to modify GTAIV content, you must learn the basics of doint so. If this is complicated, think about how complicated it has been to code this. Nothing can be done without a little effort. And it's all it takes. If you don't want to use your brain, don't waste my time.

I cannot get it to work, what should I do?

I ask you to carefully read, and I expect of you to know how to open, save, copy and paste files. Most of mistakes are made by not following the instructions. You might have missed something. If you still can't figure it out, ask here.

IMPORTANT FORUM RULE:

DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS / or remove your questions, as it will only confuse visitors.

If this is ok to you, please continue to use this software, and suggest improvements

BUILD LOG:

v1.0.1.0

Offline has an option to select the game (GTAIV/TBOGT/TLAD/ALL)
New options in Offline, such as key configuration helper, and more...
Succesfully mixed radio from all 3 GTAIV series games, all working!
Library updated to 99% of GTAIV/TBOGT/TLAD audio
Includes auto installer, plus simple HOWTO help

v1.0.0.0

Just finished over night tests. Radio kept playing for 10 hours straight with no issues. Few skins are now included, just to show you flexibility of ParrotBay radio. This is first public release, so let me know of your ParrotBay experience. I have included all files that you may need. Read the manual, and ask the questions in here. To activate ParrotRadio ingame, press PrintScreen key on your keyboard. You can change this command, and other aswell, by editing parrotbay.config file. If you want to help ParrotBay, consider donating cash or filling up database with more sounds, or just create and share playlists and skins.

Enjoy using The ParrotBay Radio

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

Looks so Far amazing man smile.gif

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

Another Question how to start the Radio and whats about the Club Music??? Can you add your self Music??? Sorry but there are to small Informations.

Nice greets G_M

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:12 PM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 12 April 2011 - 03:13 PM.

You can start your radio by pressing PrtScr/SysRq (PrintScreen) key on your keyboard. This can be changed in parrotradio.config file. You can choose between input devices:Mouse, Keyboard or Joypad . Change BUTTON_DISPOSE, to what you want. This is key for activating radio HUD.

MOUSE:
CODE
MOUSE_SCROLL-, MOUSE_SCROLL+,MOUSE_LEFT, MOUSE_RIGHT, MOUSE_MIDDLE

JOYPAD:
CODE
JOY_0 - JOY_11 are buttons. JOY_23 & JOY_24 is up and down.

KEYBOARD:
CODE
KEY_# (replace # with Windows.Forms Key code)...

Check Key code table here! << click

Example of parrotradio.config:

CODE
[NAVIGATION]
BUTTON_SCROLL_UP = JOY_24
BUTTON_SCROLL_DOWN = JOY_23
BUTTON_PLAYLIST  = JOY_10
BUTTON_PLAY  = JOY_9
BUTTON_FASTFORWARD = KEY_102
BUTTON_REWIND  = KEY_100
BUTTON_PREVRADIO = JOY_7
BUTTON_NEXTRADIO = JOY_8
BUTTON_HIDEPLAYLIST = JOY_3
BUTTON_DISPOSE  = KEY_44
BUTTON_NEXTSONG  = JOY_6

Now, enter any club, and after you are in, and you hear the music, press enable radio button (BUTTON_DISPOSE) to take over. Your music should start immediately and it will replace current club music. You can play any track while you are in there. You can move from room to room to hear sound actually changes its volume etc. In front of club you will hear only bass/kicks pumping.

Have a nice time!

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

Okay okay thx so far and what the deal about my coustome Music or i can only use the Ingame Music not my Own tracks ?

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

If I find out how Rockstar plays user tracks on Independence, you will be able to add your own music. So, at this moment it only supports GTAIV/TBOGT/TLAD audio. There's huge ammount of tracks available. Feel free to tell about your experience with ParrotBay Radio. How do you like interface? Is it user friendly? Did you manage to create your own skins or playlists?

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Help me Out Bro biggrin.gif The keys doesnt Work. i Set key ( Z ) 122 but ingame nothing Work.
And if i press Key_122 Nothing Show up.

Thats my Config

[NAVIGATION]
BUTTON_SCROLL_UP = JOY_24
BUTTON_SCROLL_DOWN = JOY_23
BUTTON_PLAYLIST = KEY_122
BUTTON_PLAY = KEY_121
BUTTON_FASTFORWARD = KEY_102
BUTTON_REWIND = KEY_100
BUTTON_PREVRADIO = JOY_7
BUTTON_NEXTRADIO = JOY_8
BUTTON_HIDEPLAYLIST = JOY_3
BUTTON_DISPOSE = KEY_44
BUTTON_NEXTSONG = JOY_6

//zombie
//zedge

Thx for all man biggrin.gif

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

As I said before, you need to press KEY_44 which is PRINT SCREEN key to enable radio first. Then all other navigation buttons will be enabled. I had to do it this way to prevent messing up other scripts that you may have installed. Note, that I have made mistake, as there's difference between ASCII and Windows.Forms keycodes. Use the last mentioned one for correct key codes. I will correct this. Sorry for the confusion.

MSDN Keyboard Codes >> Use this one instead

P.S. In Windows.Forms, KEY_122 is actually F11, and not "z".

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:17 PM Edited by G_M_StYlEr_M, 12 April 2011 - 03:26 PM.

QUOTE (iriedreadlock23 @ Apr 12 2011, 15:11)
As I said before, you need to press KEY_44 which is PRINT SCREEN key to enable radio first. Then all other navigation buttons will be enabled. I had to do it this way to prevent messing up other scripts that you may have installed. Note, that I have made mistake, as there's difference between ASCII and Windows.Forms keycodes. Use the last mentioned one for correct key codes. I will correct this. Sorry for the confusion.

MSDN Keyboard Codes >> Use this one instead

P.S. In Windows.Forms, KEY_122 is actually F11, and not "z".

Okay now i see a stribe on the Left screen and after that i cant move biggrin.gif okay maybe thats my config file i try a little bit then i Report biggrin.gif Thx so far biggrin.gif

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Replace

CODE
BUTTON_DISPOSE = KEY_44

with anything else, for example:

CODE
BUTTON_DISPOSE = KEY_90

Now press Z on your keyboard to enable radio.

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:28 PM Edited by G_M_StYlEr_M, 12 April 2011 - 03:35 PM.

QUOTE (iriedreadlock23 @ Apr 12 2011, 15:25)
Replace

CODE
BUTTON_DISPOSE = KEY_44

with anything else, for example:

CODE
BUTTON_DISPOSE = KEY_90

Now press Z on your keyboard to enable radio.

I get on the Left Side a Graphic Bug i think can you Explane me The funktions and what exacktly to do with the Offline Editor
http://i.imgur.com/L0KEF.jpg

Sorry for Troubble biggrin.gif

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

http://www.speedysha.../27925301/1.rar

This is sample playlist made only of TBOGT audio.

Remove .xml files that are not working from RADIO folder. Reason why you can't hear sound is because you should have used AUDIO TUTORIAL, and offcourse you must have both GTA IV and EFLC to get it all working. Offcourse, by simply removing playlists that won't play, and add what can be played, you will be ok!! You can adapt it to your taste.

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (iriedreadlock23 @ Apr 12 2011, 15:43)
http://www.speedysha.../27925301/1.rar

This is sample playlist made only of TBOGT audio.

Remove .xml files that are not working from RADIO folder. Reason why you can't hear sound is because you should have used AUDIO TUTORIAL, and offcourse you must have both GTA IV and EFLC to get it all working. Offcourse, by simply removing playlists that won't play, and add what can be played, you will be ok!! You can adapt it to your taste.

Hmm i dont have Gta IV ^^ You know another way to edit the Club Music or Radio Music??

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:59 PM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 12 April 2011 - 04:51 PM.

You can use Radio even without GTAIV, as I said. You need it only if you WANT TO PLAY ALL GTAIV/EFLC sounds together. If you want to use only TBOGT audio, than you need only TBOGT. As I can tell from the photo, you have an issue with playlist skin ( rootical_skin.xml). Check if it not missing from your RADIO folder.

In OFFLINE editor, you click on folder open icon in toolbar, then find playlist that you want to edit (for example scripts\RADIO\rootical.xml) and open it. You will see that tables are filled with data. You can press DELETE keyboard key to delete the line, and double click to any cell to edit it. If you want to add songs, click on Compact Disc icon (with green note), select any library in the left side of the window, and by double clicking on the right side item, you will add it to the playlsit. Not all will work with EFLC, so you will have to check what files work and what doesn't work. I can't paste TAB char here, so add following manually in OFFLINE.

CODE
RADIO EXTRATRACKS OUTTA_JAMAICA 0 0 [*g*]Sprunk [*w*]TOP40 - #2 -1
RADIO RAMJAMFM RAMJAM_MIX 0 0 Radio 2.0 - Rodigan Mix -1

BANK >>>>>>>>>>>> RADIO
RPF >>>>>>>>>>>>> EXTRATRACKS, RAMJAMFM... etc
FileName >>>>>>>>> OUTTA_JAMAICA, RAMJAM_MIX etc...
Song Title >>>>>>>>> [*g*]Sprunk [*w*]TOP40 - #2
Time >>>>>>>>>>>>> 0
Lenght >>>>>>>>>>> 0
Flags >>>>>>>>>>>> -1

You must have all rows filled up. Simply press UP or DOWN to change order of the songs. After you are done, click on SAVE icon, navigate to what file you want to save to, and hit save. Thats it.

warlock554
  • warlock554

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

It would be cool to be able to use your own music with the full functionality this mod offers. The original Independence FM seems much too limited.

countergame
  • countergame

Your member title is shown beside posts you make

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Oh i thought you can add your own radio stations? this tool only brings the EFLC Radio Stations to IV? Uhm, i hate the EFLC Radio Stations, a bit.. Electroschock sucks, GTA IV Electroschock is much better.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (countergame)
Oh i thought you can add your own radio stations? this tool only brings the EFLC Radio Stations to IV? Uhm, i hate the EFLC Radio Stations, a bit.. Electroschock sucks, GTA IV Electroschock is much better.

This tool does exactly the opposite. It brings GTAIV music to EFLC, while giving you chance to remove tracks that you don't like. You can pick what tracks you do like and make a playlist. For example, you can pick all reggae (which is pretty good in EFLC) and mix it with GTAIV reggae stations. And offcourse you can add new radio stations. Create your logo, and playlist and you'r good to go. Offcourse, you cannot add custom tracks, but rather to choose from what's available in library. Option to add new songs might come with new version.

QUOTE (warlock554)

If I add the option to play mp3/wav/wma, then you would not be able to change music in clubs. However, if I manage to track down how Rockstar made Independence play, I'll surely add this option.

win001
  • win001

Top Gear

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

Dude, how come I get this error message ''Error in script MidnightCrime.Pigeon+Keyboard'' whenever I press G (my key is KEY_71 for BUTTON_DISPOSE)? I really wanna play EFLC with this, it's just that f*cking error message preventing me to do so.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Please post your ScripthookDotNet log on Pastebin.com. As a temporary measure try setting another key code. As soon as I see your log, I will fix your issue. Latest version is 1.0.1 beta, so all reports on any issue are appreciated, so I can post new stable build.

countergame
  • countergame

Your member title is shown beside posts you make

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Everything is trash, i followed your tutorial how to import IV audio files to EFLC, And it doesn't work, even .NET Script Hook doesn't work, and yes i did right, installed in needed programms AND NO IT DOESN'T WORK! I have no loadingscreens + loadingsong anymore. And doesn'T work, big fake, everything

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

That doesn't mean it's a "big fake everything", only that you didn't get it to work.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:39 AM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 29 May 2011 - 03:18 AM.

QUOTE (creat3d22)
  That doesn't mean it's a "big fake everything", only that you didn't get it to work.

Absolutely right. There is like 1000+ downloads on various websites. Not many complaints at all. However, I always like to listen to each user and help him solve the issue. This is 100% working add on. It's even translated to Russian and probably other languages by third parties.

QUOTE (countergame)
I have no loadingscreens + loadingsong anymore

The problem is in your audio configuration (xml), and is caused by conflicting metadata (dat16) files. By hacking your own EFLC game, you must know that you mess with Rockstar's policy of no editing. In our case, it just creates a loadingtune conflict between GTAIV and TBOGT. And to solve this, you will do as follows. To correct this issue open TBOGT\e2_audio.xml and add these lines, save and now you will have TLAD loading tune with TBOGT screens:

CODE
<sounds content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/config/ep1_sounds.dat</sounds>
<wavepack content="ascii">e1:/pc/audio/sfx/EP1_SFX</wavepack>

Editing audio in GTA IV is very experimental even in 2011, as there is no documentation on this topic at all on the internet, and no one has yet made any tool that will import music, speech and other new samples to RPF and DAT16 files. I documented what I've found, as a good starting point for all future modding. Read the manual carefully, and as an end user, I expect you to do some homework, research on your own, and advance what I've already found. There is nothing impossible, and it's only constrained by your will to actually accomplish it. Just don't give up easilly. Parrotbay radio is part of a pioneer project that enabled mixed game audio in single game. Welcome to the project.

DISCLAIMER

By downloading this script, you agree that you take full responsability for modding your game, and so, you take all the risks, as this script or authors cant be responsable for any malfunctions.

Best regards,
Parrotbay author

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

there any way to re-name stations and edit their logos, dj banter, add & remove songs, etc.?

P2FX
  • P2FX

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

So I can listen TLAD and TBOGT radio contents in original GTA IV now? How?

reaszon
  • reaszon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

So you've made a microsoft word file as a tutorial , why no youtube tutorial ? it would be x99999999999 times easier to set sh*t up

Moshi
  • Moshi

!!! Trance !!!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey, iriedreadlock23, any progress with this mod? Adding custom mp3s?

I love it, BTW. It's so nice to finally hear some new and fresh music in the clubs.

Guynamednelson
  • Guynamednelson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm also having problems adding the GTAIV stations to EFLC, and I read the tutorial very carefully.

purbaboy
  • purbaboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

is there any other tutorial rather than ms word tuts ?

im getting confused with it.. perhaps a video will be better OP .

Thanks in advance man.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

I'm a bit confused, this mod is for replacing stations or for adding new stations?

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Yes, you can create new radio stations with your own playlists, logos and visuals. Mod allows you to add all radio RPF files from GTA IV to your EFLC game, so you can play all songs, commercials, etc. It does not replace default radio. There are no plans for making video tutorial. If anyone makes one, feel free to share it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users