» «
Photo

Bullet Impact Euphoria

31 replies to this topic
Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:47 AM Edited by Prof_Farnsworth, 19 May 2011 - 12:30 AM.

Bullet Impact Euphoria v1.2 by Prof_Farnsworth

UPDATED!! New version (1.2) includes .ini file to choose whether vehicle condition exists.

Update v1.1: Added condition for Niko in vehicle. If shot while in a vehicle, there is a chance the vehicle will accelerate uncontrollably for a short time (1.5s)

A video better showcases what this mod does than screenshots. Here is the link:

This mod will give Niko a chance of staggering when shot or hit with melee.

While wearing armor, Niko will stagger less.

Please leave feedback (bugs, should stagger be longer, etc).

Known Bugs: None

INSTALLATION: Make sure your GTA IV is moddable (scripthook.net, asi loader, etc).

Place "Ragdoll_Bullets.net" into the "scripts" folder in the root GTA IV directory.

Tested on GTA IV version 1.0.7 with Scripthook.net 1.7.1.7, scripthook.dll 0.5.1, and latest xliveless (0.99)

Many thanks go out to the devs of LCPDFR. Thier Hardcore mode (albeit too much for regular gameplay for me, but great for LCPDFR) gave me the motivation to make my own stagger when shot mod.

COPYRIGHT: Please do not upload this mod anywhere else. If you use this mod in one of your own, please be kind enough to give credit.

Enjoy

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

LCPDFR Moderation Supervisor

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:50 AM Edited by Cpl.Dunn, 03 April 2011 - 09:53 AM.

It would be cool if the player would start limping after he has lost like, half of his health. Maybe this could be added?

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Cpl.Dunn @ Apr 3 2011, 09:50)
It would be cool if the player would start limping after he has lost like, half of his health. Maybe this could be added?

I tried that, but the only limp I could get was the same as the peds when they are almost dead (hunched over halfway clutching their wound). Your character moves incredibly slow while in this state, so slow you might as well be dead. Could be done if their is a limp function for euphoria that is less intense, but I am very new to modding GTAIV, so it may take some time to find it, if it exists at all.

If it makes any difference, if you are that low on health and get staggered, you're probably dead anyway. colgate.gif

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Prof_Farnsworth @ Apr 3 2011, 15:07)
QUOTE (Cpl.Dunn @ Apr 3 2011, 09:50)

I tried that, but the only limp I could get was the same as the peds when they are almost dead (hunched over halfway clutching their wound). Your character moves incredibly slow while in this state, so slow you might as well be dead. Could be done if their is a limp function for euphoria that is less intense, but I am very new to modding GTAIV, so it may take some time to find it, if it exists at all.

If it makes any difference, if you are that low on health and get staggered, you're probably dead anyway. colgate.gif

Yeah, that's the limp i meant exactly. Maybe you could make an .ini where the limping could be turned on/off?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

This looks great, but I don't see any download links. confused.gif

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

Actually limping peds move very fast compared with normal walking peds, In the Contagum mod (a zombie simulation mod for GTA IV) the maker uses the limping animation for pedestrians/zombies, and by golly do the catch up with you in that wierd state, its the same animation tho they move fast enough, for a wounded niko that would be cool, i think maybe even better than the stumbling, but good work either way

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, that's the limp i meant exactly. Maybe you could make an .ini where the limping could be turned on/off?

I will see what I can do about it, I am having a hard time getting it to work again with the mod in its current state.

This looks great, but I don't see any download links.

It is pending approval at GTAGarage, probably be there Monday.

Actually limping peds move very fast compared with normal walking peds, In the Contagum mod (a zombie simulation mod for GTA IV) the maker uses the limping animation for pedestrians/zombies, and by golly do the catch up with you in that wierd state, its the same animation tho they move fast enough, for a wounded niko that would be cool, i think maybe even better than the stumbling, but good work either way

Thanks, the stumbling is supposed to look like a reaction from being hit. If I can get it to work, I will keep the stagger but have Niko limp when injured enough (i.e. 50% or 25% health remaining). When I had it working before, he moved rrrreeeeaaaalllllyyy slow though. I think the peds in the zombie mod have an "attack or move to player task" which makes them speed up.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

True say, yea that will be cool!
Anyone remember/ever see the wounded limping in the getaway game?
You had to lean to gain health back, was really impressive, noones ever picked it up since though! shameful sad.gif

rootmanback
  • rootmanback

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

i was thinking prof, maybe you could give the mod a lil tweak. like make a condition where after niko's health is below 10% and after he's taken too many shots you could have him lose his ability to stand on his legs and make him prone on the ground and that only he can either roll around and crawl while he moves. it would be like similair to that game stranglehold where you can go prone on the ground and roll side to side while shooting. mate you gotta make happen smile.gif it would make sense too, niko wouldve taken too many bullets and shot up to the point where he cant walk or run and that the onyl way he can move is go prone and crawl. can you code it in?? pretty please. you get a cookie, smile.gif

nice work on the mod.

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (rootmanback @ Apr 4 2011, 19:36)
i was thinking prof, maybe you could give the mod a lil tweak. like make a condition where after niko's health is below 10% and after he's taken too many shots you could have him lose his ability to stand on his legs and make him prone on the ground and that only he can either roll around and crawl while he moves. it would be like similair to that game stranglehold where you can go prone on the ground and roll side to side while shooting. mate you gotta make happen smile.gif it would make sense too, niko wouldve taken too many bullets and shot up to the point where he cant walk or run and that the onyl way he can move is go prone and crawl. can you code it in?? pretty please. you get a cookie, smile.gif

nice work on the mod.

He is already figuring out if he'll make niko limp after 50 or 25% health remaining. It'd be better than rolling in prone i'd say. And i don't think theres animations for crawling he could use.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

download link pl0x?
The mod is good, Hippie already did a one like this altough it doesn't work on the newest patch.
But but the way, staggering while wearing a kevlar should be actually bigger for realism.

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Apr 4 2011, 20:19)
download link pl0x?
The mod is good, Hippie already did a one like this altough it doesn't work on the newest patch.
But but the way, staggering while wearing a kevlar should be actually bigger for realism.

Hippies mod does work on the latest patch and i do believe this mod is still being pending approval.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

It doesn't for me. When I install it, whenever I take control of Niko his HP drops to 1 (from 200 max) for some unkown reason O.o

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Apr 4 2011, 21:14)
It doesn't for me. When I install it, whenever I take control of Niko his HP drops to 1 (from 200 max) for some unkown reason O.o

You edited the .ini? I once did and i failed horribly in it and got the same glitch.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:34 PM Edited by Prof_Farnsworth, 06 April 2011 - 01:01 PM.

@lolleroz - download link pl0x?

As the Cpl. said, the mod is awaiting approval, I also had to re-upload it after finding out I broke the "through windshield" and "off motorbike" physics (Niko always landed on his feet instead of rolling). Hippie's mod has a quite different effect. I actually tried it when I couldn't get this working right (on patch 1.0.7, worked fine), as I use a few of his mods regularly already. The main difference is that my mod does not send Niko into ragdoll, only staggers him when shot or hit with melee. This means Niko will not fall to the ground every time he is hit (which the ragdoll mod does, as it triggers ragdoll each time). Also, this mod has a chance of stagger, so Niko will not stagger with each hit, only some.

I made staggering less with the armor so that there is actually still a benefit to getting armor.

@rootmanback - What the Cpl. said. It is a little aggravating as I had him limping and hunched over before I got my mod working, but it was accidental, and now I can't get it to work. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif Also I had Niko laying on the ground earlier, but you can barely move him (I had to build up momentum just to roll him over tounge2.gif ), so I doubt it would work for gameplay. I don't want the player to be out of control for too long.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Nice mod! smile.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

Really enjoying this mod. Combined with a realistic weapon damage mod, it makes firefights really intense and risky. Cookie for you! cookie.gif

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

This is awesome biggrin.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Thanks all, glad you enjoy it. I am hoping to update with a limping version soon...hoping to.

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

excellent mod. thanks. icon14.gif
my opinion. the ini file i think will please everybody.

hkboondoggle
  • hkboondoggle

Fail

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

^ Yup, giving some degree of freedom in personalized tweaking is certainly welcomed.

Btw Prof_Farnsworth, does the script start working only when damage of character due to gun fire is being detected? No effects of your script are observed in my game, but I seriously suspect that is caused by god-mode of the trainer.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

It's not just from gunfire, because I made a mod that removes armor (just sets it to 0), and it makes Niko stagger.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (hkboondoggle @ May 3 2011, 04:47)
^ Yup, giving some degree of freedom in personalized tweaking is certainly welcomed.

Btw Prof_Farnsworth, does the script start working only when damage of character due to gun fire is being detected? No effects of your script are observed in my game, but I seriously suspect that is caused by god-mode of the trainer.

The stagger is based of a reading of the damage taken. So if you are not taking damage, you will never stagger.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

How do you actually detect damage done to Niko?

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ May 3 2011, 17:52)
How do you actually detect damage done to Niko?

The script reads health over time.

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

First of all, thank you so much for this it truly makes the entire game play much more redefined and life like! Makes you choose your battles a bit more carefully for sure! happy.gif I just wanted to ask if there was a way to add in more conditions on injury when controlling vehicles? Currently I know there's the ability to "accelerate uncontrollably for a short time" but could there also be say; uncontrollable braking, off/on repetitive braking/acceleration, or even in the moment of acquiring the wound steering issues? There's a lot to be said with on the fly wound analyst while controlling a vehicle not to mention the actual injuries that might cause somebody to drive a bit odd even if they were smart enough to not slam on the accelerator. Though I'm not sure how easy this would be to incorporate, just thought it would be neat to see for the extra realism it would provide. biggrin.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (WhiteGoblin @ May 13 2011, 20:41)
First of all, thank you so much for this it truly makes the entire game play much more redefined and life like! Makes you choose your battles a bit more carefully for sure! happy.gif I just wanted to ask if there was a way to add in more conditions on injury when controlling vehicles? Currently I know there's the ability to "accelerate uncontrollably for a short time" but could there also be say; uncontrollable braking, off/on repetitive braking/acceleration, or even in the moment of acquiring the wound steering issues? There's a lot to be said with on the fly wound analyst while controlling a vehicle not to mention the actual injuries that might cause somebody to drive a bit odd even if they were smart enough to not slam on the accelerator. Though I'm not sure how easy this would be to incorporate, just thought it would be neat to see for the extra realism it would provide. biggrin.gif

I tried to implement random braking while driving, but could only slow or stop the vehicle, when what I really wanted was to engage the handbrake. It looked and felt unnatural to stop all of a sudden. I am not too happy with the way the vehicle accelerates either, but it is fun. I will work on it again probably when I am done with this vehicle clean up mod.

Loen
  • Loen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

Can you add an ini to toggle the vehicle acceleration? What you have right now basically just forcefully accelerates the vehicle, and can send it flying through the air.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Loen @ May 15 2011, 05:37)
Can you add an ini to toggle the vehicle acceleration? What you have right now basically just forcefully accelerates the vehicle, and can send it flying through the air.

As far as I know, it's not possible to set the acceleration, you can only set forward speed. An addition to keep it on the ground is adding a Z force to it for it to stay on the ground. Maybe add this to check if it's airborne: GetHeightOfVehicle and GetGroundZFor3DCoord.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

UPDATED!! New version (1.2) includes .ini file to choose whether vehicle condition exists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users