Photo

MLB 2011 Season Discussion

82 replies to this topic
Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Well the season started a few days ago and there isn't much talk. My Reds began the season with a walkoff 3-Run HR. Who do you expect to be good this year and who are some teams that you think could have a surprise season? I think the A's could be a sleeper team in the AL West personally because of their pitching staff. I'm not sold on the Phils. Yes, I know they have a dominant starting 4 but the team as a whole is always filled with injuries.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

The Angels' bullpen still sucks.

I'm going to cherish the NHL season, because I don't think I'll enjoy baseball much this year.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

Not a huge baseball fan, I don't really watch until the playoffs. I am Yankees fan though.

I do have a bias but I don't see why the Red Sox are the World Series favorites. They add a couple of new players and they get so heralded. They're great players but get real here. The Phillies early injuries might hinder them early, they could still be a favorite but they won't have an overwhelming season. My Yankees have aging players, not sure that they'll win. I don't even know who's going to win. The Orioles?!

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

Giants fan. My whole life too not just in the past 6 months.

A bit nervous after that first series with the Dodgers. Hoping to pick up two wnis against San Diego and Start the year off good at home.

And the MLB f*cked up by making the World Champions Start the year on a road trip. icon13.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

I don't remember the last time the Angels started opening day at home. They used to play the Rangers for a series in Texas, and then at home, but now that the Rangers are good, the MLB had to ruin that little tradition. So at least the Giants actually play a division rival, as opposed to playing against a team that has a stadium that averages 20,000 people a game. And then when the Angels finally get their home opener, it's against the f*cking Blue Jays. The Angels don't play a division rival for two weeks, and they don't play a division rival at home for three weeks. Sometimes it feels like everyone hates Anaheim. The Ducks' schedule sucked this season, too.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

At least you guys get the Kings. tounge.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, but why watch the Kings* when we have the Lakers in our backyard? Not that I watch basketball, but I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

*or Royals as they'll probably be called. You can't have a team called the Kings play in the same city as the Ducks. That's like if the 49ers changed their name to the Dodgers.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

YANKEE'S!!!!!! smile.gif biggrin.gif.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

Baseball's slipped off my radar the past couple of seasons since channel five stopped showing it. I'd watched every season since 91 before then and my allegiance is always changing. But since my sister moved over to go work in Boston I've settled on the BoSox. Her boyfriend gave me a ball signed by the great Karl Yastremski - I'm looking at it now.

Go Sawx!

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Apr 6 2011, 11:57)
Yeah, but why watch the Kings* when we have the Lakers in our backyard? Not that I watch basketball, but I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

*or Royals as they'll probably be called. You can't have a team called the Kings play in the same city as the Ducks. That's like if the 49ers changed their name to the Dodgers.

Didnt even think about that. Up here around Sacto A lot of people are pissed. I find it more funny than anything because Basketball is lame anyways.

But anyway who cares, Were talkin baseball here. Whats up with the BoSox starting 0-6? Surprising I must say.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

ASTROS WIN! ASTROS WIN! WORLD SERIES BOUND BABY!

....well sh*t, who am I kidding?

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

Well through the first week there are a few surprises. The Pittsburgh Pirates are 5-2 and the Baltimore Orioles are 6-1. The Rangers remain unbeaten at 6-0. I know its real early but I have a feeling the Rangers may finish what the almost did last season. They have a deep offensive team.

JuVeNiLe
  • JuVeNiLe

Asshole By Nature

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

twins to the division vs. yanks and we'll see what happens

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

Ramirez is gone. Good riddance.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Yea, I always had mixed feelings about manny. Never really knew what I thought about him.

whatsthat.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

I always knew there was something that just didn't feel right about him. It just didn't seem fair that he could crush the Angels in the playoffs the way he did. And now I know why.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

The Mets won 3 in a row. That's a major accomplishment for them. Though I don't expect too much out of them this year, especially since the Wilpons aren't too concerned with, you know, winning.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

Of course the Red Sox decide to get good, when they play the Angels.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Can the home run derby be any f*cking slower. Let's put some real pitchers in there and speed this thing up.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

Formerly known as 'StoneHead37'...

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:48 AM

I just saw Cano and Gonzalez hit 20 homeruns.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:57 AM

Haha, a guy near that pool caught a homer, fell in the pool, and still didn't spill his beer.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

They only let Weaver pitch one f*cking inning!!!

I'm done with this sh*t.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Would You Still Remember Me?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:45 AM

What happened to the Pirates? They were in first place like a month ago and now they are like 6 games below .500 I was hoping that they could at least compete for the playoffs but now there completely out of it confused.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

The Angels are five games back after being 1 game back at times a week or two ago.

Their back end of the starting pitching rotation is really dragging them down, too. At least they found their bats the last couple games. Of course they're playing the O's.

Speaking of which, I love going to the game when Vlad Guerrero comes back to town. No matter what team he's playing on, it seems like fans in Anaheim want to see him knock the crap out of the ball. He still gets a standing ovation at least once a year from us.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 00:45)
What happened to the Pirates? They were in first place like a month ago and now they are like 6 games below .500 I was hoping that they could at least compete for the playoffs but now there completely out of it confused.gif

I hate to break it to you, but the National League Central is more or less in the Brewers' grasp as they lead the second place Cardinals by 9 games. Pittsburgh is 15.5 games behind Milwaukee, with a winning percentage of .472 and a record of 59-66. The Brewers' percentage is .594, making them a sure candidate as the clinchers of the NL Central. The Pirates are better off aiming for the Wildcard, but it is unlikely as the Braves have them pretty much in their hands. Do you have any other favorite teams? Since you like Pittsburgh, you might like the Phillies. Philadelphia has a record of 81-43, the best in the league, with a winning percentage of .653. Place your bets on Philadelphia and the Yankees.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

Weaver signed a 5 year $85mil contract extension. The best thing the Angels have done financially in years.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Aug 22 2011, 03:22)
Weaver signed a 5 year $85mil contract extension. The best thing the Angels have done financially in years.

There are going to need him if they hope to win the AL West in the future. The Angels hitting is a bit slow, but with good outings from Weaver, they may be able to top the Rangers.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

They really knocked around the Orioles this past weekend, I'm hoping beating up a weaker team gives them a renewed confidence after a sh*tty beginning of the month. The Angels' future looks really good. They have Bourjos who is really fast, like faster than Ichiro, and he can hit the long ball. Then there is Trumbo, who has to be on the top of the Rookie of the Year list, and has hit something like 25 homers this season. Then there is Conger who may not be the best but looks solid. Walden throws really hard. And then Trout who is probably not ready for the MLB but tears it up in the minors and will probably be a big part of the team in the future.

Right now, Wells is stinking it up, Hunter when he's not hitting two homers a game, isn't hitting much, the rest do pretty decent. But like I said, they top three starters are great, the other two usually aren't too great. I think they have what it takes to beat the Rangers, and that's what it'll come down to, if they want to win the division this season. It's not going to be pretty, though.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

Since last year's ALCS, I have had a bone to pick with the Rangers for keeping the Yankees out of the World Series. The Rangers and the Angels are neck-and-neck in the AL West, but Texas has all-around better players. Josh Hamilton, who has missed about a month of game time is batting .302 with 16 dingers and 69 RBIs. Hamilton is a jack-of-all-trades kind of player. He can hit for average and homeruns, he has pretty good speed for a guy who is 6-foot-4 and his fielding ability is very good. Michael Young has been tearing apart the ball this year and his stats prove it. He is batting .338 (five points behind first place Gonzalez in all of MLB), he has 85 RBIs (tenth in the MLB) and he has 36 doubles to this point.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Game 5 tonight Arizona at Milwaukee!! I'm so fackin' excited biggrin.gif

AND Detroit beat New York yesterday!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users