» «
Photo

Police Computer Glitch

28 replies to this topic
BooostFlare
  • BooostFlare

BooostFlare

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:18 PM Edited by [email protected], 02 April 2011 - 03:21 PM.

I dont know whether this is a glitch or an error but every time I try to access the police computer in any cop car be it a enforcer, fib or any cop car, it gives an error that cannot connect to the database. Is anyone else having this problem in TBOGT and TLAD?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Apr 2 2011, 16:18)
I dont know whether this is a glitch or an error but every time I try to access the police computer in any cop car be it a enforcer, fib or any cop car, it gives an error that cannot connect to the database. Is anyone else having this problem in TBOGT and TLAD?

Be sure you aren't on a mission.

Lord_Ant_Warrior
  • Lord_Ant_Warrior

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

There is no glitch- they took vigilante out. Pissed me off big time.

BooostFlare
  • BooostFlare

BooostFlare

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

I tried both during a mission and not on a mission. gives the same thing. That sucks if they had really taken out vigilante! mad.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:26 AM

To me it seems that the crap that isn't in TLAD got put in TBOGT and that is why the game sucks so much.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

The police computer is disabled in TLAD and TBOGT because in the original GTA IV Niko's access to Most Wanted missions involving 30 named criminals from the police database is non-random story continuity and there's no rational way to keep Luis and Johnny from interfering except simulating a network failure when they try to use the computer.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

They could say that the database is unabalable when they try to go to the screen to acess the criminals for the side missions in GTA IV.

BooostFlare
  • BooostFlare

BooostFlare

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

is there anyway to make Vigilante available? It'll be fun specially with the APC! devil.gif

Lord_Ant_Warrior
  • Lord_Ant_Warrior

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 3 2011, 02:29)
The police computer is disabled in TLAD and TBOGT because in the original GTA IV Niko's access to Most Wanted missions involving 30 named criminals from the police database is non-random story continuity and there's no rational way to keep Luis and Johnny from interfering except simulating a network failure when they try to use the computer.

This is just rubbish if it's true. Vigilante is a staple of GTA and should be in every game. They could have at least included current crimes!

Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

I was abit annoyed when i got in a a cop car and saw they took the vigilante missions out, i agree with LAW aswell they should have atleast kept the current crimes part in.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines. It's like the love-meet website. In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

Just came looking for a thread on this, this week was the first time Id tried the database on a DLC. What utter bollocks. I don't believe it was story continuity R* had in mind, that seems the excuse for everything with this gen. And if true, then I hope Im not the only one who doesnt give a hoot about the story once ive finished it. suicidal.gif

Edit: I wasnt meaning bollocks on your part Magic Al

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Apr 3 2011, 03:26)
To me it seems that the crap that isn't in TLAD got put in TBOGT and that is why the game sucks so much.

TBoGT was released after TLaD so it's normal that it has sh*t the previous game didn't had.

Also, if you want to do vigilante missions go to GTA IV.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

So a lot of you think that R* can achieve this much with such limited time and resources?

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

Continuity is a reason. The purpose was probably Rockstar wanting to avoid EFLC and GTA IV having too many side missions the same. If vigilante was in both you'd probably only complete it in one or the other.

harrygooz33
  • harrygooz33

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

i think its sh*t...vigilante in gta 4 is cool (even though i cant get on gta 4)...they removed the best side mission in the gta series, lcpdfr wont work with eflc, totally crap

paddytheguru
  • paddytheguru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

it doesn't work on TBoGT or TLaD because for some reason they didnt make you able to hunt down criminals (like in GTA IV) i dont know why but they took that feture out of TBoGT and TLaD. i guess youll have to either go without criminal hunting or just do it on GTA IV wink.gif paddytheguru - learning form the best

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 3 2011, 18:00)
Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines. It's like the love-meet website. In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

How does it create continuity problems? I think I'm missing something...

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Apr 22 2011, 06:55)
Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines.  It's like the love-meet website.  In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

Johnny and Luis can't do Most Wanted because those would be the same people at the same time Niko did them.

Experimental
  • Experimental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 23 2011, 01:55)
Current Crimes and Most Wanted are on the same menu screen, so Rockstar would have had to change it. It's a no-win situation for continuity between storylines.  It's like the love-meet website.  In theory it's something Luis and Johnny could do too, but technically, making it possible without adding more inconsistencies is asking Rockstar to spend time adapting old content that they could spend creating new content.

Johnny and Luis can't do Most Wanted because those would be the same people at the same time Niko did them.

Well funny thing would be to ask.. why would a biker want to work for the police as a vigilante when they are committing the very crimes against them?.. lol Least Niko still had good intentions when he arrived in Liberty City...

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

I can't find any names in the Police Database even on IV (yes irrelevant to BoGT post) even when I search the correct name, I can only find it through the website, anyone know why this happens?

funtikar
  • funtikar

Hater Play

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

any mods for this?

Joch844
  • Joch844

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

It's a shame they disabled the vigilante, but anyway IMO you still got a lot of things to do

alfaspeedy
  • alfaspeedy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Draigon @ Sunday, Apr 3 2011, 14:58)
I was abit annoyed when i got in a a cop car and saw they took the vigilante missions out, i agree with LAW aswell they should have atleast kept the current crimes part in.

I agree.
The most wanted and vigilante are fun to play when we have already finished the main story.
More fun than the drug war.
If only the R* keep the most wanted and the vigilante in the TBoGT, it makes the game more fun to play.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

They basically replaced it with drug wars (if you can call it replacing it!)

Bring back the old style vigilante from gta 3 era I say, much more fun.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

But all you did in III series was simply chase car and blow them up. That's no fun. IV's Vigilante was more fun because it has much more variety.

Just a small off topic note, you shouldn't bump many old topics. A lot of your replies aren't really adding to them.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Saturday, Sep 3 2011, 04:55)
But all you did in III series was simply chase car and blow them up. That's no fun. IV's Vigilante was more fun because it has much more variety.

Just a small off topic note, you shouldn't bump many old topics. A lot of your replies aren't really adding to them.

I don't rele call shooting enemys that either drive a car or just hide behind a wall variety either tbh

Fair. Maybe they should lock them after a certain time then, that seems to be the logical thing.

That way there can be no people making me feel like I've committed a serious crime lol mercie_blink.gif

sideways170899
  • sideways170899

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Experimental @ Wednesday, Apr 27 2011, 05:05)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 23 2011, 01:55)

Well funny thing would be to ask.. why would a biker want to work for the police as a vigilante when they are committing the very crimes against them?.. lol Least Niko still had good intentions when he arrived in Liberty City...

if that's the case why don't they do an update for all GTA's on modern consoles where you keep getting updated most wanted lists and new current crimes every 2 minutes. That's what they want to do

Sapstar
  • Sapstar

WereJaguar

• Members

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (drr26 @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 15:30)
QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Saturday, Sep 3 2011, 04:55)

I don't rele call shooting enemys that either drive a car or just hide behind a wall variety either tbh

Have you ever tried "gang activity" in GTA IV vigilante? There are 8+ guys standing out in the open with grenades, assault rifles, shotguns, and SMGs! If you don't get out of there quickly, you'll be blown up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users