Photo

[IV/WIP] Ambient Fire Inspector

46 replies to this topic
Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

UPDATE should be up soon. Recommended, see first post.

LMS
  • LMS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Now I don't know how well this PTFX approach works (Sam told me), but I have the internal firetruck AI working for a very long time. If you are interested please let me know.
http://www.imagebana...arenoingame.jpg

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (LMS @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 20:09)
Now I don't know how well this PTFX approach works (Sam told me), but I have the internal firetruck AI working for a very long time. If you are interested please let me know.
http://www.imagebana...arenoingame.jpg

This method works well for general effects like the explosions of people in my shooting range mod, but specifics like water geysers and such are tough (for me anyway) as I can't seem to find the right equation to point an object at a location.

I would be very grateful to know how to make the AI fire truck work, but have never been able to. I've tried everything from pointers to trig to get my created object to point at the burning/burnt car, but it is never consistent. I notice you have the actual cannon turning as well, impressive.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

LMS
  • LMS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Well I'm not using any kind of PTFX effects, but existing code in IV to achieve this. This is done via C++ and assembly code and will require an additional DLL file to be used by your mod.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (LMS @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 20:36)
Well I'm not using any kind of PTFX effects, but existing code in IV to achieve this. This is done via C++ and assembly code and will require an additional DLL file to be used by your mod.

I usually work in C# and am a beginner at best. I am not sure I would know how to trigger the other dll from my script, but I would like to try.

Thanks for the help.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

I can't remember from when I tested this awhile ago, but does it put out car fires when they haven't exploded? That's the one thing I'd love to have working.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (The Loot @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 01:59)
I can't remember from when I tested this awhile ago, but does it put out car fires when they haven't exploded? That's the one thing I'd love to have working.

It might, I am not sure. As the car usually explodes before the script calls for the fire to be out, I haven't tested this much.

LMS
  • LMS

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Prof_Farnsworth @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 01:50)
I usually work in C# and am a beginner at best. I am not sure I would know how to trigger the other dll from my script, but I would like to try.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I'd provide you with an easy to use .NET interface for the underlying C++ function, so this should be no problem. Give me a couple of hours/days and I'll send you a PM with further details.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (LMS @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 11:51)
Yeah, I'd provide you with an easy to use .NET interface for the underlying C++ function, so this should be no problem. Give me a couple of hours/days and I'll send you a PM with further details.

Wow, take all the time you need. I really appreciate just having the help. I'll keep an eye on my PM's.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Would wou upload your new mods somewhere in order for us to download them until they are approved and released from gtagarage? mercie_blink.gif
I d like to test them asap... rolleyes.gif

MasterVampire
  • MasterVampire

Evil

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

New version of this?

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 11:20)
Would wou upload your new mods somewhere in order for us to download them until they are approved and released from gtagarage?  mercie_blink.gif
I d like to test them asap... rolleyes.gif

They've been approved on GTA 4 mods already. You can check there for an early DL. Give the mods a break, it is Easter weekend.

Happy Easter! icon14.gif

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

You are right! Happy easter too! smile.gif

MasterVampire
  • MasterVampire

Evil

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hey v2 is really cool.

Its awesome how it shoots water now from the cannon even if it is a bit inaccurate.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:08 AM Edited by gorgonut, 11 April 2012 - 09:26 AM.

The v.2.0 is much better and stable. It only occasionaly crashed my game when the previous versions did it everytime. It can also handle multiple and big vehicles explosions (like when you put a bomb). There are some bugs which I consider minor like that sometimes the firetruck might disappear and the firemen stay at a spot without moving. But overall is a very good improvment which adds a lot to the game's realism. I also liked the fact that the firement and the chief now have helmets/accessories. 10/10 icon14.gif
I ll keep playing and report back...

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 09:08)
The v.2.0 is much better and stable. It only occasionaly crashed my game when the previous versions did it everytime. It can also  handle multiple and big vehicles explosions (like when you put a bomb). There are some bugs which I consider minor like that sometimes the firetruck might disappear and the firemen stay at a spot without moving. But overall is a very good improvment which adds a lot to the game's realism. I also liked the fact that the firement and the chief now have helmets/accessories. 10/10 icon14.gif
I ll keep playing and report back...

Yeah, about the crashing. I am pretty sure that is due to game loading. If I have modded vehicles, or even some traffic mods (taxi bug fixes), I experience many more crashes than stock vehicles. I am writing a mod where you attack a convoy right now which spawns 5 vehicles and 16 peds. If the fire truck gets called right at their spawn, I usually crash. I am not sure about the truck disappearing. Is the truck drivable when it does this? I have seen them get stuck before, but since I removed my business mod (too big, multiple issues), I have not had any issues.

Thanks for the nice comments. If I ever find a fix or wait that will allow the trucks to spawn only if resources are available, I will update.

a_happy_dude
  • a_happy_dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

an find download link in first post

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users