» «
Photo

Realistic weapon.dat

14 replies to this topic
TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:58 PM Edited by TigerTanker, 28 March 2011 - 10:02 PM.

Hey guys,

Back in summer, in a day when I was bored, I decided to make an own improvement of GTASA's weapon.dat as I found it very boring and I couldn't really find any decent weapon.dat mods.

You may say it's nothing special, but quite a few things are different compared to other mods like this one.

Here are the exact features:

-SA's poor one-handed animations have been changed, now CJ uses the silenced pistol animation, which makes him hold the Colt 45, and the sub-machine guns (Tec-9 and UZI) in a better way. Most of the other handling mods used the cop animation, which doesn't fit CJ perfectly, and it makes it look a bit weird.
-The Sawed-Off shotgun uses the Desert Eagle animation now (it's something new which comes in V2, I have to say thanks to one of the comments at the GTAGarage mod)
-Each weapon's stats have been slightly improved (increased damage for example.)
-And finally, the rounds in each weapon's magazine have been edited to be just like the real weapons (the Colt has 7 rounds now for example.)

The only improvement I've made since V1 is the new animation for the Sawed-Off, if anybody has suggestions, don't hesitate to post, I'll be glad to make more changes for this.

Here're screenshots:

user posted image
user posted image
  • Simkka likes this

Guns*R-Us
  • Guns*R-Us

Why So Serious ?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

what happen when CJ reach hitman level, and can use dual weapon ?

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (viettuan @ Mar 28 2011, 22:37)

He won't use duals smile.gif I always found it annoying and unrealistic, but if you'd like to have a version with duals, I can make one.

Rider916
  • Rider916

Ridin Loww

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

i can surely use it, im just glad it doesnt use cop anims, they cause damn bugs whatsthat.gif
anyways i suggest u to increase no of rounds for the pistol to a value dat'll better suit som other pistols, like 10 rounds is more like it

Chimpsie
  • Chimpsie

Okthxbye!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

i guess its cool and I might use it in Gta united but i wont use it for my default gta since the mod is so good with SA-MP.
nice effort,dude,you made an epic mod!

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Chimpsie @ Mar 30 2011, 13:53)
i guess its cool and I might use it in Gta united but i wont use it for my default gta since the mod is so good with SA-MP.
nice effort,dude,you made an epic mod!

Cheers mate.

Rider916: The point of my mod was realism, and Colt .45's have 7 rounds only... smile.gif Anyway, I could make a version with original SA stats, and upload it as well.

perroGtA97
  • perroGtA97

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

i voted u for that ww2 weapons

the problem gta sa doesnt has colt .45 cal its 9x18 or 9x19 pistol so magazine size is relatively realistic - set it on 15 not 17.

King Shady
  • King Shady

Group:G-Modding Group:Bulletproof

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (TigerTanker @ Mar 28 2011, 23:40)
QUOTE (viettuan @ Mar 28 2011, 22:37)

He won't use duals smile.gif I always found it annoying and unrealistic, but if you'd like to have a version with duals, I can make one.

Please make a version with duals . biggrin.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

You should increase the Colt magazine capacity to 9 or 12, it still isn't realistic but - you see the Colt in SA is something more like custom handgun (9mm) with Colt 1911 frame. It definately isn't 45 ACP. It's totally different gun but with 1911 frame and look. So yeah 9 or 12 would be okay for 9mm.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

perroGtA97: Thanks for voting for me, I appreciate it! smile.gif It seems that I must make a version with more rounds in a magazine, alright, I'll make one, but I'll try to stick to a way which is still more realistic. For example, I could make the stats like if they had a modified magazine.

Slim: Sure thing, I'm going to make one tomorrow.

lolleroz: My point was to make it's stats to be like a Colt .45, but alright, I suppose the idea with modified magazines is good for you as well. If not, just tell me smile.gif

Thanks for the comments, lads.

paja
  • paja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

super biggrin.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:08 PM Edited by lolleroz, 31 March 2011 - 12:12 PM.

The prob with 7 bullets mag is the fact it is pretty extreme. The pistol is already probably the most avoided gun in the game, and the fact it has 7 bullets in the magazine make it worse.

Here's my suggestion. Either INCREASE the gun power and make it like Colt 45 (7 bullets in the mag like you already did)
Or don't and increase the mag capacity to 9 or 12. Your choice, 7 bullets in the clip is good as well, but when you buy the gun in ammunation it says 9mm - that's why I asked you to change the mag capacity to indicate its 9mm. But if you want to make it 45 ACP, sure, there's no prob with that.
Btw, LP from Mafia scene here.

Btw, did you change fire rate on SMGs and assault rifles to something more realistic? They are way too slow in original game. In order to increase the fire rate, search for loop animation time of firing and decrease it. Example: If it's 5, decrease it to 3. In theory, it would make the gun shoot 40% faster.

By the way thanks alot for making the mod - I always do the weapon stats myself each time I install SA, but it's getting pretty boring, as I spend like 30 mins on it.

EDIT3: I'm glad you were clever enough to change default.ide as well, some idiots left it untouched and later you have ppl experiencing crashes when trying to aim a gun.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

Cheers mate,

You're the first guy I met on MafiaScene first, I've seen a couple of GTAF members already there, but you're the first here.

Thanks for your suggestions about increasing the fire rate, I'm going to include it in V3 as well, along with several weapon variations. Increasing pistol damage seems to be a good idea too, I'll give it a try as soon as I have time.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. cookie.gif

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:29 PM Edited by Jericho176, 31 March 2011 - 11:38 PM.

I find the mod awesome smile.gif Gives you a whole new feeling of the game and it makes it more realistic. But I found a problem. When you start a new game, and start doing mayhem by killing police officers and gang members to get weapons, the game crashes. It crashed at least 5 times when I had a wanted level and a police officer is in his car/ bike. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I had trouble with the wanted level.

Anyway, I think it would be better not to touch the weapon capacity/ damage and stuff like that, because it makes it more like a enhanced mode. And maybe make the player walk a bit faster when aiming the weapons, like the original silenced animation speed

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, I don't know about the problem in the beginning of the game, it worked fine here. I suppose I'm going to release two V3s, one with original stats and improved handling and one with reworked stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users