Photo

Master Mind's Territory Glitch

171 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

wow, im glad I decided to check on this topic. I sorta lost interest in this once I thought you couldnt increase the VLA density in specific zones, now it seems you can. Great work pomor, I might get back into this later on and see what I can do. I might also make some videos as well to help walk players through this process, as usually they can help explain things a lot better than reading 8 pages of discussion.

I might try remake this topic and have everything ordered in the first post. It might take some time though, I remember giving it a shot a while back but I got so overwhelmed by all the stuff I didnt know how to structure it, I have a good break now though so maybe it will work out this time.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

don't you just copy it out to a WORD.Doc and cut and paste it down to what you want?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Yup that sounds like what il do, question is whether I ever get around to it. Im guessing I will as it will be a good recap for myself on how everything works.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:53 AM Edited by pomor, 16 January 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Hi Jack, nice to see you back. There is one more thing, that I shoud report.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Wednesday, Apr 27 2011, 05:38)

I recall you saying a while ago one of the only ways to lower GSF density is by getting the density really high and then making it overflow and restart ( something about going over 256 density). Anyway as it possible to do this with VLA gang in El Corona? By doing the mixed glitch in their turf you dont add ballas or vagos but simply increase VLA gang density. What if you did it loads of times so that you reset it, maybe then you can add ballas or Vagos?

Mixing glitch, it does not work on zones, that already have some Azteca, Rifa, etc, yes. But there is a way around it. You need to add some GSF, then wait for enemy gang to attack on its own, and let them win. It will add Ballas, or Vagos to the mix.
I used it to uproot San Fierro Rifa from Doherty zone.

DOH2 has Rifa=10 and GSF = 30; neighboring THEA2 also has some GSF and strong Ballas, added earlier. Attacked territory is DOH2. I go to trigger the defense, then forfeit, by starting Taxi side mission. Ballas are added to DOH2.
Then, I started the war by killing some Ballas on the DOH2 zone. After defeating all three waves of Ballas, density of both Ballas and Rifa was added to GSF. After that, I was able to add Varios Los Aztecas to DOH2.

I did not test it further. Frankly, I grown tired with gangs, gang zones, gang wars, and whatnot. So, I moved on with my game. I'll give it another shot, when storyline brings me back to Los Santos.

One more thing. To my supprise, gangs that I have added to Los Santos (Triads around dance club, Rifa at the Skate Park, and Da Nang around hospital in Jeferson) have NOT been deleted after completing Green Sabre
At all the original territories, GSF were replaced, by Ballas and Vagos respectively, like usual, but the secondary gangs are still there.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Oh thats cool. Do you know the requirements for the GSF zone to get attacked by the ballas? I remember using the hood abuse glitch to give El Corona some GSF density of like 10 and it was never attacked, do I need like 20 or something?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 23:48)
Oh thats cool. Do you know the requirements for the GSF zone to get attacked by the ballas? I remember using the hood abuse glitch to give El Corona some GSF density of like 10 and it was never attacked, do I need like 20 or something?

Somewhere up this thread, Orion gives the exact figures.
In general, 20 in enough. 10 to too weak. Thats why the hoods in the Maria/Verona Beach are never attacked.
This is a good thing, when one thinks about it. It lets you differentiate between zones you want to be attacked, and the ones you abused with another reason in mind.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

I am getting back into GTA SA after a long break and im playing around with these territories, im wondering is it possible to have gangs attack the big zones, I know SA isnt like the others but could I not only mix Red County but have it spontaneously attacked? Same goes for LS and the other giants

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 06:56)
I am getting back into GTA SA after a long break and im playing around with these territories, im wondering is it possible to have gangs attack the big zones.

Yeah, it is possible. Start the gang war in the territory with more gang members on your back. Make sure, you're well armed.
could I not only mix Red County but have it spontaneously attacked? Same goes for LS and the other giants

I don't get you clearly you here but are you asking if it is possible to start a gang war in two territories at the same time?
No, it is not possible.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

No im not talking about CJ starting the gang war, im talking about having zones like Red County being attacked by the gang members, so you have to go and defend them. Im not talking about two zones at the same time, sorry for any confusion there.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yes, it looks like you can have the large zones attacked. I tested this on several large zones and all of them came under attack except Los Santos, which seems to behave a bit like the Grove turf. As with other zones, it will not be attacked if CJ is in the zone.

The three zones which appear to be immune to attack are Grove, Los Santos, and San Andreas.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 23:10)
No im not talking about CJ starting the gang war, im talking about having zones like Red County being attacked by the gang members, so you have to go and defend them. Im not talking about two zones at the same time, sorry for any confusion there.

No, Red County won't get attacked by your enemy gangs. Your rival gangs will only attack the territories you own and you can't own terrirtories in Red County so there's no way, it's gonna be attacked.
Hope this helps.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

shiva s, you might want to review some of the back pages in this thread. We've become quite proficient at exploiting the turf attacks to put gangs where they do not normally appear.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Yeah I might actually rewrite this topic , Orion do you think the big zones will get attacked, I remember a while back you reckoned they have pretty much the same properties as the normal ones, il test it out soon but seeing as im on PS2 it might take a while.

Also did you ever figure out any decent strategies for the flight territory gltich to get some idea of where the 3rd party gangs will end up?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

You missed my previous post. It looks like Los Santos can not be attack, but the other zones do. I only tested a few; SF, VE, RED, ROBAD1, and... don't remember.

Sorry, I haven't made any progress on figuring out how to use the flight glitch to place gangs where I want. The theory is sound but in practice it seems difficult to be consistent or to communicate to others how to do it.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:53 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 29 September 2012 - 01:59 AM.

Don't sweat it im not that interested in it, although it would be nice to get these 3rd party gangs in LS, even just 1 density in LS means that I can kill 3 ballas/vagos in that zone when a hood is under attack, then simply trigger the defence and kill 3 balas/vagos in a GSF turf that I want the 3rd party in.

Or I could somehow mix a balas/vagos territory next to one of their natural territories overseas and do it this way, should be an interesting 4 star challenge for my new starter save.

Fun aside: while waiting for a territory to get attacked I sat in the GAN2 spot so it wouldn't get attacked. While waiting I was reading this topic, I look back at the screen and a GSF member is carjacking an Ambulance, and starts shooting the guy as he runs off. Was pretty funny.

Boxville
  • Boxville

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hello!
I have read many territories glitch-related topics and now I'm a bit confused.
Can you give instructions on how to get new territories without cheats/mods and without dying?
As far as I know, the mechanism of the flying glitch is still unclear?
Thank you in advance!

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Boxville @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 07:01)
Can you give instructions on how to get new territories without cheats/mods and without dying?

Here are the only (currently) known methods:

-The flight glitch requires dying (X) plus it (as far as I know) only works on PS2, NTSC v1.

-The satchel glitch requires cheats to stay alive (X).

-Action Replay, Codebreaker & Gameshark codes are neither mods, nor cheats; nor do they require dying (✔), but I doubt you want that.

Remember, it always helps us help you if you specify whether you play on PC, PS2, PS3, XBOX, XBOX 360 or Mac, and whether your region is PAL or NTSC. Your mod reference indicates you play on PC, nonetheless.

Boxville
  • Boxville

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Thank you for your reply and sorry I didn't mention that I play on PC.
In PC version flying glitch can add only 11 new territories, as far as I know.
Is it possible to get all territories in three cities via "hood abuse glitch" on PC?
How many one can get - 178, 378 or another number?
The flying glitch does not require dying, but the farther you fly, the more territories you can get (not always guaranteed though).
It is still unknown where one should fly - east, west or in the corners. And why new territories that spawn belong to various gangs including Grove?
It would be nice to have a complete FAQ on territories glitches, may be experienced players can summarize all they know here?

__mako
  • __mako

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hi, you don't have to die using any of methods mentioned above.

Flying glitch, as you mentioned, doesn't require suicide, as you can simply return, but i can't help you here, as this doesn't work for me.

Satchel glitch doesn't require suicide either - you can choose which territory GSF get, but it takes longer, for all territories that can be glitched, see this map:

http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png

Note that you can glitch big overlapping territories (LA,SF,RED etc. - turf names in upper right corner) too, but they're rather useless.
If you don't want to die while glitching turfs, you can try killing 3 Ballas/Vagos on your desired turf and then kill gang members attacking your hood while in car, be it squishing them or performing drive-by - this way you still get that turf where you killed 3 Ballas/Vagos, if your desired turf is too far, you can try the pomor maneuver.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (__mako @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 12:53)
Flying glitch, as you mentioned, doesn't require suicide, as you can simply return, but i can't help you here, as this doesn't work for me.

In order to see the results and what territories are gang influence, I do believe you need to die.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

There are other methods to see the changes, but I forget what they are. I'm pretty sure triggering an R3 mission will do the trick. The other methods are probably documented somewhere in this topic.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

Could attacking a territory, then leaving trigger it??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users