» «
Photo

Master Mind's Territory Glitch

171 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:20 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 06 May 2011 - 05:27 AM.

Oh sweet R3 does add 30 density. I was afraid it wouldnt because if you save before triggering the attack nothing happens.

Anyway pomor better late than never, I joined in the master save discussion like 3 years late and was able to help find more stuff to do.
Im going to experiment a bit more with the flight glitch, most of the time I leave the plane AFK, it always goes North East. So maybe I should just start it in that direction and see what happens, then repeat it on a different file and see if the territories are the same.

EDIT: I intend to update the first post as soon as I get this mastermind glitch fully sorted, as in where the densities are. I am also uploading a few new videos on how to do the mixed territory glitch. I also want to link these videos on the front page. I feel video tutorials help explain it better than anything, like how I showed you my video Orion on how to get the mixed territory glitch to work in GAN1.

However I also want to add the mastermind glitch, do you mid if I upload it with full credit going to you? Or would you rather do it yourself, and il link your video.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'm pretty sure that cancelling an attack notice by triggering an R3 mission will leave the densities unchanged and will reset the attack timeout to the random range. However, R3 missions can be used after the attack defense has started. I was bringing this up again as an alternative to dying, suicide, saving, or starting other missions. The R3 trigger is particularly effective because there is less chance of attackers dying in traffic or fighting with neighboring gangs. I think the only way to get the full 30 density from an attack is to ignore it until the timer runs out.

You are welcome to make any videos you want. I'm not really into that anymore. In fact, I need to go through my old videos and see if I can find decent archives. Most of my videos were on Google Video and they no longer stream the files hosted there - or won't for much longer. The quality never was very good in those old videos anyway, and they got worse over time.

Anyway, I don't need all the credit. This was a team effort and credit should go to the team, even if I did figure out the last piece of the puzzle.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:24 PM Edited by ric-013, 06 May 2011 - 08:28 PM.

i can help in doing video's too , i got a decent capture card and i already done over 200 glitch videos for gta 4 , tlad & tbogt

my channel :
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRic013

note: if you look at my channel , dont judge quality on video shown on channel main page, its my very 1st vid and was done with a cam .

however , i dont want to host the video files ... if needed , ill record somthing for you and send it for you to upload on youtube .

i was actually thinking about doing video's showing cheat-device codes for this , but im not sure ... a glitch is more suitable since everybody can do it , im limited to ps2 users who own a cheat-device ... lol, thats at most 50 ppl around the world.

mainly , i do it for my own fun !!

edit: ill do my testings later today.

Anyway, I don't need all the credit. This was a team effort and credit should go to the team, even if I did figure out the last piece of the puzzle.

i agree with you , but i will add that : " figuring out the last peice of the puzzle " is 99.9% of the work !!!

on my side , i really dont care about having any credits at all ( i dont deserve any in this case ) , for me credits are pointless ( read my statement about credits on my youtube channel main page , if you have any doubts ) in my heart and mind , reputation and respect is far more powerfull than any credits. but thats for myself only ... and i dont expect others to behave like i do.

however i hate when somebody try to steal credits from somebody else work ... its a shame .

2nd edit : testings will have to wait till tomorrow , i changed my plans for today .

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

I didnt want to say but I was going to stumble on the glitch anyway after Orion told me you could kill random gang members to do the hood abuse glitch. I went to hood abuse El Corona in this way, and when I went to kill the attackers so I would get the density, I fully forgot the VLA attack instead. So had I done that before Orion discovered it, i would have gotten a huge surprise!

Anyway some good news for PS2. I managed to get an additional territory attacked! It was LDT7, the first additional test zone I was trying. I think I did hood abuse glitch like 3 times so its shade was the same as Glen Park. Then I waited for Vagos to attack some random territory and killed 3 ballas inside LDT7, giving it 30 Vagos density when I lost the war. Next territory that was attacked was LDT7, so at least we have some kind of requirements for PS2 right now.

Something really puzzling, I wonder if you guys can figure it out and makes me think there is more to the mastermind glitch. First, Mastermind said that after he tried all his random steps the Vagos attacked a few days later, in other words they started the attack. Anyway this is what happened to me, the Willowfield territory to the east of El Corona was owned by GSF. I then mixed it with Ballas, so it has Balla density. Now that territory is attacked by ballas, as expected, so I decide to swap the attackers with Vagos. I go to the stadium and kill 3 Vagos, and return to Willowfield to trigger the attack. As expected Vagos spawn, I lose the attacked on purpose.

Now here is the puzzling part, you would expect no density to be added by Vagos in Willowfield, and have Vagos density added to the stadium zone instead right? Right, thats what happened. No Vagos density was added to El Corona, at least none that I could see. I couldnt see any spawning in the area, the shade didnt change etc

However guess who attacked willowfield next? It was the Vagos, they attacked Willowfield even though there are no other Vagos zones nearby. Maybe if you do the mastermind glitch to get Aztecas to attack GAN2 and let them win, they wont gain density in the area, however they might attack later on

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:01 AM Edited by OrionSR, 07 May 2011 - 01:17 AM.

That's an interesting theory, and easy enough to test on PC. Unfortunately, I have been unable to repeat your results. I followed your description very closely, except I killed the Vagos in East Beach, but the Ballas were always the next to attack.

Added:

I tried again and killed the Vagos at the Stadium with the same results.

Then I tried killing 3 Vagos at Playa Del Seville, an action which should set the Vagos as the attacking gang, and when I cleared the next attack timer the Ballas attacked in Willowfield. This leads me to believe that any settings recorded prior to triggering the attack are over written when the attack notice routine runs.

Another test:

I added a Vago density of 1 to Willowfield but the Ballas continue to be the attacking gang.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:34 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 07 May 2011 - 04:37 AM.

Yeah this is really weird, Vagos are constantly attacking that territory now. I simply let them win and they gained density of 30, so now it has GSF, Ballas, Vagos, and a density of 1 for Mafia and god knows what else. Im going to leave it alone for now as I have other things on my mind.

I am able to get additional territories attacked really easily now with a simple method. I simply hood abuse a zone twice, and then mix it to add 30 density of a rival gang to it by killing 3 random gang members inside and ignoring the attack. A few pages back I said I couldnt mix Red County, nothing would happen. Well its obvious why nothing happened, it finally hit me today. I went to mix it like normal, once I killed 3 Vagos instead of timing out the attack I went to trigger the defence and friggen Aztecas spawned... so the reason I couldnt mix Red County was because I was simply adding Aztecas density to it.

I am trying to figure out a good strategy to mix zones overseas on PS2, so i can show methods of getting the SF gangs to attack you without using the flight glitch. At first satchels is the obvious choice, however the result is always dodgy and its also a pain putting the satchels on them in the first place, so I have a new strategy. Unfortunately I cant repeat this strategy on this save file thanks to the Aztecas in Red County, but the basic idea is to figure out the time the next attack starts and start a gang war in Red County. It must be a 3 wave war so you gotta mix Red County once. So far I think during gangwars the time for next attack keeps counting down, and once the gang war is over the attack starts almost instantly.

If you look at the zone mapper Red County is also just part of the SF airport. I think i have explained this before, for a different purpose, but the idea is to satchel the last 2 gang members in wave 1 and travel to the SF airport. You can then go to any nearby zone, as soon as it says Get back to the war zone detonate the satchels. Round 2 starts, and you have a little time to lure them to the exact zone you want. As soon as you lose the gang war of Red County, hopefully another territory will be attacked. As soon as the war ends the cops show up, so you gotta time it well and kill the gangs left over from the war. From mixing zones you can lose one gang war and start another to get to the zone you want mixed ( hard to explain, video will show it better).

Anyway I was wondering if someone could help me out on gang wars and next territory attacked relationship, that is will the timer for the next attack keep going while you are in a gang war? Also will it roll over if you dont finish the gang war in time? Finally, will it reset to 30 seconds left after the gang war is over? Thats a big problem because in SF 30 seconds becomes like 10 minutes or something.

If I cant get this to work well I will have to find some really specific instructions on the flight glitch to get these other gangs in LS. Im going to have to do this to get the Mafia in LS anyway as they have no zone anywhere, so if you know a way for me to get them in LS that would be great. I know I got the mafia in the zone next to El Corona now in willowfield, that place is becoming a huge war zone. Basically I need a flight path that will put one of the "other" gangs ( can I call them 3rd party gangs?) in any zone in LS. I would try test it myself but on PS2 I wouldnt know where to look for any gangs I have created in LS, and it would take a while to find them as the density is so low.

For a fun side note, I had a funny thing happen to me. I went to park my car in GAN2 so it wouldnt be attacked. A car behind me got angry and drove off, shoving another car so it bumped it into a cop car. The cop got out of his car and jacked the driver out of his car and shot him, pretty ruthless for a simple accident. Also when testing if the Aztecas were in Red County, when the spawned as part of the attack they started killing the other Aztecas in El corona. Also ballas and vagos spawned nearby and joined in the fight, and I swear I saw 2 mafia guys without weapons trying to pick a fight with a guy with an SMG...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:54 AM Edited by OrionSR, 07 May 2011 - 01:46 PM.

The attack timer is frozen during a gang war, and is reset to 30,000 if a gangwar is triggered and the value is below 30,000. Basically, it's just like a mission.

And while I was at it I checked a date with Millie. The next attack timer will continue counting down while dating.

Added:

CODE
0x30    dword           unknown time

This appears to be the "local timer" for the gang war thread. Many of the various threads have the same value recorded in the space defined as a local timer, so I figure this is one too. The value will continue to count up at a rate of 1000 per second whenever a gang war is running. The local timer does not update when CJ is out of the war zone, but it continues to increment somewhere else. Step back in to the zone after 10 seconds and 10,000 is added. Start the next war 2 minutes after the previous war ended and the value jumps by 120,000. This appears to be a completely uninteresting variable.

CODE
0x96ab54 // PC memory address for the local timer for the gang wars.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

done my ps2v1 testings ...

for rival density requiered for attacks to occur, iv use MKT1 for its next to gsf isolated territory's in LS, iv given ballas density's...
(in dec )
ballas at 16 = dont attack
ballas at 18 = dont attack
ballas at 19 = dont attack
ballas at 20 = attack

so like on PC a 20 minimum density is needed for rival gang to attack.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

So the plan is:

Set the map marker on the road in front of the NRG parking garage.
Fly a east of the marker in Shamal at mostly full speed for 1 minute and 45 seconds.
Flip the plane over and fly straight back towards the marker.
Save.

here's what i got by using same flight path for approximately 2 minutes...

SUNNN
ballas = 01

SUNMA
mafia = 01

BATTP
rifa = default
vagos =01

PARA
rifa = 01

CIVI
mafia = 01

BAYV
ballas = 01

CITYS
gsf = 01

OCEAF1
da nang =01

OCEAF2
no added density

OCEAF3
no added density

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Try to start and win a war in Paradiso by targeting the density 1 Ballas that should now be in Santa Flora.
Wait for an attack to begin anywhere. (Time it so CJ is in SF when the attack occurs).
Go to Santa Flora and kill 3 of the density 1 Ballas.
Let the attack notice time out so Ballas end up with a density of 31.
Save.

ballas were in BAYV and i did raise it to 31

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Time it again so attack occurs anywhere while CJ is in SF.
Target 3 Santa Flora Ballas from Paradiso.
Return to the attack and win so Grove gets some density in Paradiso.
Save.

done , lured 3 ballas from BAYV in PARA during attack occured in LS killed them and groove are now in PARA

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Time another attack while CJ is in San Fierro.
Target 3 Santa Flora Ballas from Paradiso.
Let the attack notice time out so Aztecas end up with a density of 31.
Save.
Note that random flight glitching might have a non-rival gang other than Aztecas in Paradiso unless you could win a war and clean up any strays. If there is a stay non-rival density then the lowest numbered gang would get the extra density.

again i lured 3 ballas from BAYV into PARA and killed them , it worked rifa now have a high density in PARA

note : i used cheat-device codes for " next attack time = 0 " and " attack time out = 0 " to make it faster .

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

Well then, I wonder what might be making these appear more random than they should. Perhaps the off map sector grid isn't aligned with the on map grid. The road by the NRG garage is dead center in the middle an on map sector so I wasn't expecting those results. Perhaps running 300 meters north or south will provide better results.

I ran some tests south of the map and did not get any glitched turfs. It could be that glitch south of the map point back to the regular grid. That's what happens north of the map on PC. The damn turfs are so hard to track on PS2. Perhaps using a hunter would provide a method of toggling the new colors on the map. Then if I could write the grove turf percentage to the money I would get more timely reports of changes. Writing a float to integer display would look weird, but it doesn't have to be accurate. Hm... I'll think on this some more.

Do you think this method of glitching specific zones is worth the trouble if it actually works?

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Do you think this method of glitching specific zones is worth the trouble if it actually works?

hum, not sure ... keeping a stable flight path is quite hard once at sea , a single degree north or south might bring a differant result .

btw, i dont see the point of coming back after 2 minutes at sea , dying seems to be better just to make sure u dont trigger any density on your way back.

anyways , i dont really understand how the flight glitch works ... i know what it does , but i quite confuse on how it write over density's and how it selects where to write it.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Besides keeping the North and Marker icons at 12 and 9 o'clock on the radar, the two strategies I use to fine tune my path when out at sea is to fly low enough to see the grid pattern of the water texture, and to frequently zoom in on the map to see how the cross hairs line up with my on map landmarks.

Yeah, I suppose that dying is a decent enough trick. I used it a couple of times during the initial test I didn't intend to save; although I did my best to swim down below the sea floor in the hope or respawning back on land rather then drowning - maybe a parachute dive can make the difference. I got a thing about avoiding getting busted or wasted if I can possibly help it. I even designed custom busted/wasted restart traps for the Chain Game saves that respawns CJ trapped inside of a building's geometry instead of at the hospital or cop shop. The only thing that temps me towards an intentional death if acquiring the everything proof Mothership from Black Project.

That reminds me... I seem to recall reading a statement by you that dying was a method to fix the map so the gang zone colors are displayed after using an enable gangwars cheat is used. Triggering any kind of mission or touching a save disk will also fix the map colors, as will ending an attack or war. When I load my "save anywhere" saves outdoors my map colors are always mission. The save routine that places CJ in the correct position and direction when loading the save is what fixes the map colors on normal games.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR)
That reminds me... I seem to recall reading a statement by you that dying was a method to fix the map so the gang zone colors are displayed after using an enable gangwars cheat is used. Triggering any kind of mission or touching a save disk will also fix the map colors, as will ending an attack or war. When I load my "save anywhere" saves outdoors my map colors are always mission. The save routine that places CJ in the correct position and direction when loading the save is what fixes the map colors on normal games.

i made simillar observations ... however, back then i choose the dying way for it can done anywhere at anytime . i also kind of assumed that ppl using my cheat-devices codes didnt mind dying once or twice to get the extra stuff .

anyways , they can always use " time wasted = 0 " code to reset it if needed .

but i see your point , any extra info's on how to reset map colors without dying should be included within my codes descriptions. when ill update my topic 1st post with the new codes , i shall add thoses informations . icon14.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

Well if you can find a way to get the glitch to work with specific zones it would help me get high density for 3rd party gangs inside LS, which would help me get them to attack my turfs. However im pretty sure I can only get 3rd party gangs density in those zones, it seems impossible to spread their density around like you would with ballas, vagos and GSF. It would be cool though to get a territory like willowfield to get a 3rd party zone in it, that way I could get GSF, Vagos, Ballas and maybe Mafia next to El Corona. Then when an attack starts in that zone I could make it so Da nang attacks it, so I have 6 gangs in the same street.

toshort173
  • toshort173

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:34 AM Edited by lil weasel, 19 June 2011 - 06:42 AM.

sorry for the bump but I got the various los aztecas to attack my territory and it only took me 10 mins inlove.gif heres proof http://img705.images...61917583329.png

<edit> linked photo.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

As I pointed out in your other post. there is nothing unusual about Gangs trying to take back a zone in normal game play.

black.y14
  • black.y14

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:42 AM Edited by black.y14, 03 July 2011 - 07:02 AM.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this but I got LS Vagos to attack one of my territories in Las Venturas. sly.gif

user posted image

This is in the Greatest Hits Version for PS2. I didn't use any save editors, cheat devices or any mods for this, it was simply by using my new territory glitch.

If anyone is interested and would like to know more, feel free to ask me or check out my Topic called Updated Territory Glitch for more info on this colgate.gif

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:15 AM Edited by pomor, 06 January 2012 - 01:40 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Apr 28 2011, 11:35)
I don't think it will be possible to get Aztecas, or any of the other non-rival gangs, into any zone they are not already in. This is because the 3rd Kill Glitch switches the gang that is attacking, which determines the gang that gets the density increase, and also the zone that gets the density increase. The attacking gang will be the gang with the highest density in the zone where the 3rd kill occurs.

Are you sure you did not misread something? I just planted Varrios Los Aztecas colony into Byside Marina.
I was using airfield's gate variation of Hood Abuse glitch. It works great when hood LIND1A is attacked. And Ballas are attacking it quite eagerly.
First I abused both territories in Byside, SUNNN and SUNMA, once, so both had GSF strength = 10.
Then, during the next attack on LIND1A turf, I put satchel charges on three Balla only, flied Shamal to Byside Marina once again, blew the charges while standing on SUNNN, and after timeout, I got there GSF = 10; Ballas = 9.
Next step, Ballas are attacking Glen Park, I ignored them, gone into Byside again, and kept killing Ballas, until I was sure I killed three of them in a quick succesion. In 4 star territory, it was quite a fun. After the timeout, SUNNN got beautiful shade of purple, and had had GSF=10, Ballas=39.
Next phase, Vagos are attacking ELS4, I think, not that it really matters. I went into Azteca hood, LMEX1A, and killed 3 Ballas, while standing on Azteca turf. Then I went to ELS4, to triger the hood defence, Varios Los Aztecas spawned as attackers. I ignored them, flied to Byside Marina. During hood's defence there are no NPCs spawning anywhere on foot, but cars are driving like normal. While standing on the SUNNN turf, I drag Ballas out of theirs cars, and lure them into SUNMA, where I can kill them. Not sure how many of them have met their fate, I continue to do it untill the attack times out. After that, I have had quite a few Aztecas spawning on SUNMA turf. SUNNN still has GSF=10, Ballas=39; SUNMA now has GSF=10, Aztecas=27.
Next phase, Ballas are attacking LIND1A. I ignore them, fly into Byside, where I kill three Ballas, while CJ is standing firmly on SUNMA turf. After the timeout, SUNMA now has GSF=10, Aztecas=57.

Once quiet town of Byside Marina is now overrun with three gangs, that continue to shoot each other colgate.gif

By the way, the names of territories I got from this map:
http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

(@ Blacky-14) same thing happen to me, except it was the ballas & not vagos, it also happen to me in San Feiro

sadly i couldn't get a picture of it, hopefully you'll take my word for it sad.gif .

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (pomor @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 18:15)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Apr 28 2011, 11:35)
I don't think it will be possible to get Aztecas, or any of the other non-rival gangs, into any zone they are not already in. This is because the 3rd Kill Glitch switches the gang that is attacking, which determines the gang that gets the density increase, and also the zone that gets the density increase. The attacking gang will be the gang with the highest density in the zone where the 3rd kill occurs.

Are you sure you did not misread something?

Oh crap. I'm being quoted and challenged by pomor.

Oh wow! I never thought of that. I had a hard time remembering the details of this glitch but I totally get it now. What you've done is lock in the attacking gang that will earn the density increase by triggering the defense, and then triggered another 3rd kill glitch that switched the turf that will get the density increase. Absolutely brilliant.

The Pomor Maneuver

Huh? Huh? What do you think? A good name for this form of the glitch?

"Hood Abuse" I can never remember what that means.

We made a lot of progress in this thread but never manage to write up a nice clear explanation on how everything works.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 08:44)
The Pomor Maneuver

We made a lot of progress in this thread but never manage to write up a nice clear explanation on how everything works.

Well, "Pomor Maneuver"... inlove.gif that, even if I has never understood the need to "own" glitches.
I can dream on, untill Secro comes out of da woodworks, claiming he knew it all along... smile.gif

But I am not going to write any "clear" explanatin. As you can see in my previous post, my grammar gets atrocius when I try to write more then two sentences.

ric-013
  • ric-013

glitch hunter

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 06:46)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 08:44)
The Pomor Maneuver

Well, "Pomor Maneuver"... inlove.gif that, even if I has never understood the need to "own" glitches.
I can dream on, untill Secro comes out of da woodworks, claiming he knew it all along... smile.gif

But I am not going to write any "clear" explanatin. As you can see in my previous post, my grammar gets atrocius when I try to write more then two sentences.

wow , good work dude !!

the "Pomor Maneuver"... is born.

devil.gif

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

I tried out some new things. When Ballas attack that turf close to the airport gates, you can go into Vagos hood, kill 3 of them, before trigering the defence. After that, satchel charges thrown through the gate let you plant some Vagos oversees, instead of just Ballas. Now both Ballas and Vagos have one turf in SF and LV.
I also one more time added GFS to SUNNN, in Byside Marina. Now it has Ballas=39, GSF=20. And Ballas sometimes attack Byside Marina. For some reason, the attack on SUNNN turf takes VERY long to time out. And even after you triger the defence in Byside Marina, NPCs in Los Santos still spawn normally - these two oddities has helped me greatly to plant Da Nang Boys into Los Santos.

Also, weird thing happend. Blockade on the bridge, at Flint Inersection, is no longer there. All bridges leading from Los Santos to San Fierro are clear. The ones leading to LV are still blocked.
I have no idea if it has anything to do with turfs, gang wars, and stuff, but these glitches are the most weird things I have done recently. I was not using any mods, trainers, cheats or whatever. And the saves I looked into, to find out the exact numbers of gang strength per turf, they were just copies of actual saves I use to play. So I can be sure I did not screw something up inadvertently.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Some quotes pulled from this tread might provide helpful information.

If gang wars are artificially enabled at the beginning of a game there are no zones suitable for attack. In order to be attacked a zone must have a Grove density of at least 16 and there must be a rival (Ballas or Vagos) density of at least 20 in the same zone or in an adjacent zone. One successful test involved a lone Azteca 40 zone (ELCO1) with 20 Ballas and 16 Grove.

Hypothesis: The next zone to be attacked will probably be either the first or last zone available for attack.
^ first or last as listed in the order the zones are created. The Bayside zones are right at the top of the list. Also, a zone won't be attacked if CJ is in that zone.

Attack Timeout

The Attack Timeout is not a target time. It counts down past 0 in a manner similar to the Next Attack Timer. The rate is about 1000 per second. I have not found a way to reset or pause Attack Timeout in-game.

When an attack begins the game sets Attack Timeout to 250,000, plus the distance between CJ and the center of the zone under attack multiplied by 200.

I can't see how the turf glitches can affect the barriers. I'm curious to see if this glitch can be repeated.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:35 AM Edited by pomor, 07 January 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Attack Timeout

The Attack Timeout is not a target time. It counts down past 0 in a manner similar to the Next Attack Timer. The rate is about 1000 per second. I have not found a way to reset or pause Attack Timeout in-game.

When an attack begins the game sets Attack Timeout to 250,000, plus the distance between CJ and the center of the zone under attack multiplied by 200.

I was aware that there is relationship between distance from the place CJ stands, to the zone attacked, and the time I'd have, to glitch new zone overseas. Still, I'd insist that Byside Marina must be some special case. I had had an attack on STRIP1 zone in Las Venturas. Timeout took longer then usal, yes. But attack on SUNNN zone draged on, like forever. I did not checked exact times (yet), but it felt like almost an hour, before I got impatient and used Ambulance side mission to end it. Also, I repeat, gang members spawned on foot in LS, after I triggered the deffence.

I can't see how the turf glitches can affect the barriers. I'm curious to see if this glitch can be repeated.

The problem being, I am not sure when it did happen. You know, the barriers are not something I kept an eye on. All my current saves are affected, so it seems I jumped over water at Flint, during return trip from SF, at least twice, without realising that barriers are no longer. However, I have a save, that I have made three days ago, and barriers are still present there.
I'll try to recreate it, when I am back home, but do you know about any possible causes of such a glitch? Could starting Green Sabre mission, and failing it in order to obtain BP/EP/FP/DP Sentinel (minigun method) make the barriers disappear? I still get four stars in the SF and Flint Country, etc.
UPDATE Yeah. It was that. Nothing to do with turf wars. After failing "Green Sabre" mission, the barriers are removed. I wonder it is a known glitch.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:28 PM Edited by OrionSR, 08 January 2012 - 02:06 AM.

Nice work pomor. It makes sense that Green Sabre might glitch the barriers, nothing else I can think of should do that. This seems like a useful glitch for people trying to store all their proofed vehicles before moving to the next area. Or perhaps the chain game can use this as a work around to Green Sabre being limited to a specific version. I was unaware of this glitch, but perhaps some of the other vets have used it. I would think a note in the Unofficial System Error topic would be appropriate, and maybe even a more general glitch announcement topic - something with an easily searchable name.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the long timeout. It's been a while so I'm having a difficult time remembering the details. I'll review my notes and see if I can figure something out. I remember that the next attack timer ran very slowly when CJ was outside of LS, perhaps that has something to do with it. I probably still have my scripts that sets CJ money equal to the timers so if you have a save ready to test then send it my way.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:00 AM Edited by pomor, 08 January 2012 - 04:51 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Jan 7 2012, 23:28)
if you have a save ready to test then send it my way.

Here you go
Link: http://gtasnp.com/29005
Next attack should happen within about a minute after loading. I dont know what territory will be attacked, you may need reload several times. There is a collection of proofed cars in garages, to help with exploration.

Would you mind, while you at it, to have a look at the Michelle Suit. It seemd glitched, I made a post about it, but not one answered. Or, at least, there was no usefull answer.

UPDATE
This time around, when I was planting Triads into Los Santos, an attack on zone in Byside Marina did not lasted that ridicoulusly long, and there was no gang members spawning on foot. Appearently, there is more to it, then just zone location.
This time I triggered the deffence while CJ was on foot. Two previous times, just by flying over it. But I remmember at least one case, when I also triggered defence while in flight (in LV), and did not see gang memebers spawning on foot in LS. There must be something more to it. Timing? Height? Type of aircraft?

There seems to be no way to start the turf war against Triads, SF Rifa, or Da Nang sad.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:08 PM Edited by OrionSR, 08 January 2012 - 10:22 PM.

Okay.... first off. The racing suit looks fine when I try it with your save. I suspect the problem might be related to how your video card is handling the textures. Perhaps deleting (or renaming in case you've got a lot of custom config you want to save and this doesn't work) your set file in the hope that the auto-detect routine hits on a more favorable setting. Give it a few tries if it doesn't work right away. Otherwise, you might try posting the question in the modding/models forum. People there would know more about this kind of thing than you'll find in this area of the board.

I had an attack trigger in Bayside when CJ was in Verona Beach. By the time CJ arrived in Bayside to trigger the defense there was still over 18 minutes (real time) before the attack would timeout. Triggering the defense appears to have no effect on the attack timeout timer, it just continues to count down. I'm not having any luck pausing, resetting, or freezing the timeout timer - which seems to match previous observations.

I don't understand your question about gang members spawning on foot. I know the game tends to remember the previous zone settings when arriving in a new area. Phreak or Zoom used to use this trick to coax LV cars like the Turismo into LS where they are easier to collect. Maybe that has something to do with it, especially if the previous zone is desert or country and has no gang members present. You are talking about random gang peds, right? Not the gang members spawned by the attack routine. Anyway, it usually doesn't take long for the zone peds and cars to get updated so it should clear up quickly - unless something about the attack is preventing the zone from updating.

No, gang "wars" can not be triggered with anyone other than Ballas or Vagos. But I can't see how the gangs you listed would be any different than Aztecas as far as gang attacks are concerned.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Jan 8 2012, 23:08)
Okay.... first off. The racing suit looks fine when I try it with your save. I suspect the problem might be related to how your video card is handling the textures.

Thank you. Deleting the set file was the first thing I have tried. Anyway, it is a good thing to know that my mind is not playing tricks on me.

I don't understand your question about gang members spawning on foot.

Random gang members. When the defence is triggered, Police stops spawning (except for the chopper), and if you go to a different zone, zone that supposedly shoud have some gang presence, no gang NPCs spawn, right? Except for the gang cars. Gang cars still spawn, and the only way to use the third kill's effect, is to drag Balla or Vago out of the car.
However, sometimes ped density was normal, random gang members spawned on the streets (still no Police, though).In that cases, timeout seemed to take forever to occur.
Previously, I attributed it to an attack taking place in Byside Marina zone. Now, I see it is not always the case. I am trying to pinpoint the conditions, but so far my results are inconclusive. I'll get back to you, if it starts making any sense.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Okay, now I know what I'm looking for, and why it's important. That should speed up the testing a little. I've made a handful of attempts at triggering normal ped density and gang spawns during a turf defense without success. I have noticed that 5 minutes is added to the attack timeout timer when the defense is triggered, but I suspect that information is already in my notes and I just forgot about it. If you manage to trigger the glitch again then please provide a link to the save; I'd like to take a look at the Gang War block in the save to see if I can find anything unusual.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM Edited by pomor, 10 January 2012 - 01:53 PM.

I have trouble to recreate this.
Well, it should teach me, not make bold claims, before I have hard evidence. blush.gif
Anyway,
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 11:51)
If you manage to trigger the glitch again then please provide a link to the save; I'd like to take a look at the Gang War block in the save to see if I can find anything unusual.

Here is the save, created after what I consider an anomaly.
Link: http://gtasnp.com/29054
I already had Triads in the zone around dance club in Los Santos (IWD3B). Attacked zone was CALT in San Fierro. Attackers were Vagos. I wanted Triads to show along the Strip in LV.
I have gone to IWD3B, killed three Ballas. Got Shamal, and flew over CALT zone, to trigger the defense. Triads spawned (I did not see any NPCs, but they showed on radar as pale lilac squares, as Mountain Cloud Boys always do) in CALT zone.
Then I parachuted into Las Venturas, into STRIP1 zone. I noticed random (not showed on radar) Vagos spawned in DRAG zone. That was the only zone, I could find any gang members. But it was not one time fluke. I have driven towards LOT zone, to see if there are any Ballas. There were none. When I returned to DRAG zone, Vagos still kept spawning.
Timeout happened as expected, and there was no gang members in LS either. Still, I did several tries before this, and I was unable to find even one random gang member, after the defense was triggered.
I hope that this Gang War block will tell you something, because so far I cannot recognize any pattern.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users