Master Mind's Territory Glitch

173 replies to this topic
ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Apr 12 2011, 20:32)
QUOTE (ric-013 @ Apr 11 2011, 08:03)
did you notice ? theres a very small overlapping territory within el corona " UNITY "  i think it could be used aswell if set at a high density for gsf . it will be surrounded by aztecas.

Do they own this UNITY turf which is Unity Station?

I ask that because we can see them walking around this turf. Unless they come from the surrounding territories.

Between, I'm thinking of making a V2 (better version) of my territory glitch. Any opinions about if I should or not?

no gang own unity ...
CODE

UNITY 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 0F

gang members you see there are indeed from near-by territory's , so you can activate it using usual ways .

about updating your glitch ... i cant think of any reason why you should not . only advice i can think of is : update your already existing topic instead of creating a new one , this way ppl can keep a track of how the glitch was found and how it got better overtime.

ill get ps2 tomorrow.

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada
  • Helpfulness Award [DYOM]
    Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Yeah, that'd be a good idea, but there is a problem; how am I going to edit it since my other account, Landstalker, is in Awaiting Authorization status and that I don't remember the password?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

If you are going to update it maybe you should put in how it works, just update the instructions. My new was basically the simplest way to mix territories, just lure them into your GSF zone you want mixed and then kill 3 or 4 of them, and lose the fight. You can lose by suicide or letting it time out, and it doesnt matter where you are when you let it time out. The whole reason we use satchels is to get territories far away instead of luring them across the map ( which is really frustrating when they keep backtracking and getting stuck), so I always wondered if they were essential or not.

Any also mention the new way we found to mix territories, really cant believe no one found this. Basically attack a zone you want mixed and lose on the final round, they lose density and you gain density

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:16 AM Edited by ric-013, 16 April 2011 - 10:18 AM.

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Apr 15 2011, 08:47)
Yeah, that'd be a good idea, but there is a problem; how am I going to edit it since my other account, Landstalker, is in Awaiting Authorization status and that I don't remember the password?

PM administrator , ask him to re-activate your " landstalker " i.d ... or use same email you were using when creating that i.d and ask for password to be emailed back at ya.

i got the ps2 ! ill be setting it up later today and join testing by tomorrow.

devil.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Sweet, you will notice something different on PS2 than on the PC. When you mix a territory, the name of that district changes color, I use that to determine the density of a zone. Anyway I did the flight glitch and the very small Little Mexico territory got 1 balla density in it. So I tried adding more bala density using the mixed glitch, nothing happened. I did the hoodabuse glitch, that worked, but I still couldnt mix it either. Its like you just cant mix territories that have VLA in them, or probably any other random gang in them.

However its still fun to mix territories around the VLA territories because they spawn on streets nearby anyway, so I can still get all 3 gangs in the same area. I will probably mix unity station so that I get Balas and GSF in Unity station, which is inside VLA so you get all 3 there.

Im now going to try mix random flight territories that are next to the original territories.

Also GAN2 is usually always the only one attacked of the first original territories, the others like in Verona Beach and Temple, I have never seen those attacked. Maybe because GAN2 ( and Glen Park as well) have the highest GSF density?

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Apr 16 2011, 17:27)
Sweet, you will notice something different on PS2 than on the PC. When you mix a territory, the name of that district changes color, I use that to determine the density of a zone. Anyway I did the flight glitch and the very small Little Mexico territory got 1 balla density in it. So I tried adding more bala density using the mixed glitch, nothing happened. I did the hoodabuse glitch, that worked, but I still couldnt mix it either. Its like you just cant mix territories that have VLA in them, or probably any other random gang in them.

However its still fun to mix territories around the VLA territories because they spawn on streets nearby anyway, so I can still get all 3 gangs in the same area. I will probably mix unity station so that I get Balas and GSF in Unity station, which is inside VLA so you get all 3 there.

Im now going to try mix random flight territories that are next to the original territories.

Also GAN2 is usually always the only one attacked of the first original territories, the others like in Verona Beach and Temple, I have never seen those attacked. Maybe because GAN2 ( and Glen Park as well) have the highest GSF density?

i always played on ps2 , i never used the pc version...

about mixed glitch , i dont see why it would not work , even more so when both flight glitch & hood abuse are working ... maybe your density increase went to aztecas instead of ballas . see it like this, maybe mixed glitch give density to the highest density gang in that territory that is not gsf.

also , seems you didnt do flight glitch long enuff , you should have got ballas / vagos at small density in all 4 aztecas territory's ... fly away in corner of map for atleast 2 - 3 hours for full glitch effect ( on version 1 = 178 territory's )

about GAN2...
CODE

GAN2 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 46 C8 00 37 27 01
GAN1 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 46 C8 00 37 A7 01

actually , gsf have a weak density in there ( 0A in hex )

btw , i must point out that " mastermind " also made aztecas the most hated gang ... i think that might be important cuz there are relashionship flags attached to gangs , there are 4 relations possible :
hate , dislike , like , respect
any gangs with a " hate " relation state , will attack gsf on sight in the streets ... ill do search to find out what relation state aztecas are using by default.

im currently writting cheat-device codes for testing , ill do add lots of aztecas terrory's in los santos and surround them with high density gfs ... ill also mix half aztecas territorys with ballas / vagos / gfs at various density's.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:33 AM

You know i think you might be right about which gang gets the density in the mixed glitch. When I tried getting all 3 gangs in Grove Street ( GAN1) I first got the ballas in there. Then when the Vagos attacked GAN2, I lured them into GAN1, killed 4 and lost the battle. Instead of Vagos getting some density, the ballas that I put there got increased density instead. So maybe the VLA got an increased density and I didnt realise.

Yeah I didnt do the glitch long enough, I was going for no deaths on that file so at one point I came back and turned the plane around, I didnt really care at the time how many territories I got. I havent even gotten around to testing masterminds glitch, but I might do it soon. Il get Vagos as my most hated, and lure like 4 of them to a territory that is attacked next to it. Then il kill all 4 and lose the battle, maybe they will get some density or something

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

well , after 6 hours worth of testing .... nothing happend !! mastermind glitch dosnt seems to work at all . maybe theres a important step missing in his description.

anyways i got ps2 for 3 more days , so ill do more testing.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (ric-013 @ Apr 19 2011, 12:29)
well , after 6 hours worth of testing .... nothing happend !! mastermind glitch dosnt seems to work at all . maybe theres a important step missing in his description.

anyways i got ps2 for 3 more days , so ill do more testing.

keep trying man.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:38 AM Edited by OrionSR, 22 April 2011 - 01:05 AM.

I too have been doing some gang war testing and have a few things to report.

All attempts to have Aztecas attack a gang zone have failed. I suspect this Master Mind glitch is bogus so I haven't spent all that much time on it.

Least Favorite Gang: I finally found where the kill stats for individual gangs are stored. The information can be found in the stats block of the save file in an area just beyond where the normal stats are stored.
CODE
PC and PS2 offset from beginning of stats block:

0x04EO // Ballas Killed
0x04E4 // Grove Killed
0x04E8 // Vagos Killed
0x04EC // Rifa Killed
0x04F0 // Da Nang Killed
0x04F4 // Mafia Killed
0x04F8 // Triad Killed
0x04fC // Aztecas Killed

Memory writes are easier to implement than save file editing, so here are the codes for PC. Note that these codes will set gang kills to 0, so alter the value as required.
CODE
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EAC size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Ballas Killed  
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EB0 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Grove Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EB4 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Vagos Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EB8 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Rifa Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EBC size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Da Nang Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EC0 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Mafia Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EC4 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Triad Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EC8 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Aztecas Killed

I think I have identified the memory locations for PS2v1, but I haven't tested actual codes, so just the addresses are posted for now.
CODE
PS2v1
0x802730 // Ballas Killed
0x802730 // Grove Killed
0x802730 // Vagos Killed
0x802730 // Rifa Killed
0x802730 // Da Nang Killed
0x802730 // Mafia Killed
0x802730 // Triad Killed
0x802730 // Aztecas Killed

Note that integer stat 239, Enemy Gang Members Killed, does not automatically update when the gang killed stats are altered. Integer stat 324, Gang Members Wasted, does get updated. However, in the end game saves I've looked at, Gang Members Wasted doesn't usually equal Enemy Gang Members Killed, and neither does the sum of all the gang member killed stats.

Seeman identified the dword in the save file's gangwar block at offset 0x38 as "next attack time (?)". I'm not entirely sure what this value represents, but resetting it to 0 in the save or in memory will cause an immediate attack if a suitable zone is available for attack.

CLEO snippet for PC
CODE
0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab48 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Clear Next Attack Time

Possible address of Next Attack Time for PS2v1 (untested)
CODE
0x66c7e4 // Next Attack Time PS2v1

If gang wars are artificially enabled at the beginning of a game there are no zones suitable for attack. In order to be attacked a zone must have a Grove density of at least 16 and there must be a rival (Ballas or Vagos) density of at least 20 in the same zone or in an adjacent zone. One successful test involved a lone Azteca 40 zone (ELCO1) with 20 Ballas and 16 Grove.

Total density of a zone and the surrounding zones appears to be a primary factor for deciding which zone will be attacked. However, the results are often confusing; there is probably other criteria I have not be able to identify.

A zone can often be disqualified from attack if CJ is too close to the attack zone.

Defending a zone from attack will add a density of 10 to the zone in which CJ is standing when the last attacker is killed. The maximum density provided is 55.

Ignoring an attack will add 30 to the density of the attacking gang in the zone attacked. Timeout occurs in about 04:30.

Dying while defending a zone from an attack provides a density increase to the attackers of 15 in the zone attacked - sometimes. I also noticed an increase of 18, but that might only occur when density levels are very high (>165, 55).

If a zone defense is started and abandoned the attacking gang got an increase of 18 to the zone attacked, but again, this might be attributed to the very high densities involved. Timeout is about the same; a little over 4 in-game hours.

More testing of full scale wars is needed, but notes so far:

Winning a war will add the density of the losing gang to Grove's total. However, if Ballas = 240, and Grove = 20, winning the war will leave Grove with a total density of 4. This is because the density value is stored in a byte so the value rolls over at 256. This is the only way I have found for Grove to lose density in a zone.

Losing during the first round of a war results in no change of density.

My results for losing during the 2nd or 3rd round of a gang war didn't make much sense. I think I need to try again with smaller densities to make sense of it all.

PC players will notice that the zone name displayed will be tinted when CJ enters a zone shared with Vagos or Ballas.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:59 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 22 April 2011 - 02:36 AM.

Thanks heaps Orion, its been hard now for me to make sense of density changes as I play on PS2 now, not PS3, so i cant use your save file editor to observe the changes.

Your notes on which territory gets attacked is very interesting and helpful for me, but I still have a couple of questions. Say I get those requirements settled in a zone that isnt one of the originals, say 20 GSF density and 20 Balla density by using the mixed territory glitch.

Seeing as your El Corona territory was attacked, will that territory get attacked, if it wasnt one of the original territories after Doberman is done? Also, does the type of zone matter, that is does it have to be a gangland zone? Or can stuff like the airport be attacked?

Finally, can massive base zones such as LS be attacked?

Its also nice to know that when you lose a war, GSF doesnt lose density. Also this fixes up why none of the other starting GSF territories in Temple are ever attacked, as there are no other opposing gangs next to them.

Re reading your notes on which territory is attacked it seems I dont even need to do the mixed glitch, I simply have to do the hood abuse glitch twice on the same zone that is adjacent to a balla zone over 20 density to make it a possible zone to be attacked.

Edit: By saying when you lose a war and GSF doesnt lose density, I mean when a territory is attacked and you lose. Im going to do a little more testing on losing actual gangwars, but it seems if you lose after round 1 you gain some density, lose after round 2 and you gain even more density, and the other gang loses even more density. Eventually you only need to win 1 round and you get the zone, its like they have a territory made from the flight glitch.

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

hey , hi dude !!

QUOTE (OrionSR)

All attempts to have Aztecas attack a gang zone have failed. I suspect this Master Mind glitch is bogus so I haven't spent all that much time on it.

Least Favorite Gang: I finally found where the kill stats for individual gangs are stored. The information can be found in the stats block of the save file in an area just beyond where the normal stats are stored.
CODE
CODE

PC and PS2 offset from beginning of stats block:

0x04EO // Ballas Killed
0x04E4 // Grove Killed
0x04E8 // Vagos Killed
0x04EC // Rifa Killed
0x04F0 // Da Nang Killed
0x04F4 // Mafia Killed
0x04F8 // Triad Killed
0x04fC // Aztecas Killed

Memory writes are easier to implement than save file editing, so here are the codes for PC. Note that these codes will set gang kills to 0, so alter the value as required.
CODE
CODE

0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EAC size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Ballas Killed  
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EB0 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Grove Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EB4 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Vagos Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EB8 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Rifa Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EBC size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Da Nang Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EC0 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Mafia Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EC4 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Triad Killed
0A8C: write_memory 0xB78EC8 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Aztecas Killed

I think I have identified the memory locations for PS2v1, but I haven't tested actual codes, so just the addresses are posted for now.
CODE
CODE

PS2v1
0x802730 // Ballas Killed
0x802730 // Grove Killed
0x802730 // Vagos Killed
0x802730 // Rifa Killed
0x802730 // Da Nang Killed
0x802730 // Mafia Killed
0x802730 // Triad Killed
0x802730 // Aztecas Killed

Note that integer stat 239, Enemy Gang Members Killed, does not automatically update when the gang killed stats are altered. Integer stat 324, Gang Members Wasted, does get updated. However, in the end game saves I've looked at, Gang Members Wasted doesn't usually equal Enemy Gang Members Killed, and neither does the sum of all the gang member killed stats.

i tested thoses awhile ago , they are only stats ... changing values there dont seems to affect the game in any ways.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Seeman identified the dword in the save file's gangwar block at offset 0x38 as "next attack time (?)". I'm not entirely sure what this value represents, but resetting it to 0 in the save or in memory will cause an immediate attack if a suitable zone is available for attack.

CLEO snippet for PCCODE 
CODE
0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab48 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // Clear Next Attack Time  

Possible address of Next Attack Time for PS2v1 (untested)CODE 
CODE

i tested that aswell , sadly it glitched the game ... i did a jokered code that i could activate whenever i wanted, it was working fine for awhile , but it ended by not giving me anymore territory's attacked ! i retried on another savefile and got same results .

theres a known glitch related to this, i think its called " no more attacked turf " basicly if you save game while a territory is attacked, it somehow disable the attacks forever ... i havnt looked into this any further, but i remember thinking that it could be cuz a very high value was saved over " next attack time "

so maybe its somehow related , but i gave up on that code since i didnt understood how it worked properly.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

If gang wars are artificially enabled at the beginning of a game there are no zones suitable for attack. In order to be attacked a zone must have a Grove density of at least 16 and there must be a rival (Ballas or Vagos) density of at least 20 in the same zone or in an adjacent zone. One successful test involved a lone Azteca 40 zone (ELCO1) with 20 Ballas and 16 Grove.

really ? ... on ps2 v1 , the GAN2 territory gets attacked for me. i activated gang war at " in the beginning "

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Total density of a zone and the surrounding zones appears to be a primary factor for deciding which zone will be attacked. However, the results are often confusing

confusing indeed ! on my side i never got any other territory attacked aside those original ones in los santos, even when i did some various densitys testing ( was testing to see how high / low gang densitys affect overall peds&cars spawning )... but like i said before i always defended thoses attacked turfs , so i might be responsible for the attacks to remain there.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:01 AM Edited by OrionSR, 22 April 2011 - 05:54 AM.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Apr 1 2011, 14:08)
my objective is to mix all of the SF territories for 4 star gang wars

I see two places where you are likely to run into trouble.

1) There doesn't appear to be an easy method to get rival density in remote areas of the map. The Mixed Glitch (traveling off the edge of the map?) can only set a density of 0 to 1. but it can do it to all 8 gangs. A war in that zone may provide Grove with a density of as much as 8, and repeated attempts can raise the density to more than 15, but using the Hood Abuse glitch is the easier way to add density to a zone.

I can't see how flying off the map can possibly help.

2) Controlling which turf gets attacked

Losing or timing out a turf attack is the only way to add rival density, and an attack requires a rival in contact with the turf. So what I tried was extending a line of turfs starting with LIND1A over to ELCO2 over to ELCO1. I ran into trouble as soon as I tried to start an attack in ELCO1. The game would always trigger the attack in ELC02 unless I had CJ standing in the middle of the zone, and then it always triggered the attack back in LIND1A. It wasn't until I rolled the stats over to Grove 4, Ballas 0 in LIND1A that I could get an attack started in ELCO2. I eventually tried the rollover trick to pull LIND1A out of consideration and got the attacks started in ELCO2.

A gang war could not be started at ELCO1 until the Ballas had a density that was equal to or greater than that of the Aztecas. When the war was won the density from the Ballas and Azteca was awarded to Grove.

SAN_AND can not be the adjacent turf and cannot be attacked. However, the large county zones can. When SF (residential average) was set to Ballas 30 and SILLY (business) was set to Grove 20 I was able to trigger an attack in Foster Valley. I also tested FLINTC B30/G20 and BEACO G20 (both Countryside, so no gangs in the popcycle) and was able to trigger the attack in BEACO by standing in the exact center of the FLINC zone.

Added for ric.

I offered no guarantee for PS2 data, but have a great deal of confidence in the save and PC memory addresses. Changes to the next attack time in the save file and in PC memory had an immediate effect. The gang stats changes to the save and in memory are also effective on PC. I can't see how changes to the gang stats in the save couldn't work, that data must be saved somewhere in the save, and there isn't any place else to put it. The stats influence the Least Favorite Gang stat that was included as a requirement for the Master Mind glitch, and the Gang Members Wasted stat - but I think that might be it.

BTW, besides the next attack time and enable gang wars flag, none of the information in the gang wars block appears to be used for anything.

The opening densities for GAN2 appear to be the same on PCv1 and PS2v1 (10). The density is set to 25 by Mission 0 - Initial, and later set to 10 by Mission 2 - Intro. However, if the jetpack trick is used to interrupt the opening scene with Tenpenny then this change would be skipped.

Perhaps the 20/16 density requirements are not the same on PS2. The savegame editor v3.1.2 appears to have no difficult reading the PS2 saves. What density does GAN2 have on your save?

The game seems to fixate on a pair of zone for attacks and is reluctant to consider other alternatives unless it's favorites are eliminated for contention. High density of a Grove zone surrounded by lots of high density rival turfs can sometimes tip the balance.

Full Disclosure: I've been using Paul Breeuwsma's savegame editor v3.1.2, San Andreas Control Center, CLEO 3, and manual save editing during many of my tests.

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:32 AM Edited by ric-013, 22 April 2011 - 11:21 AM.

wow, dude you always surprise me ... you know so much about GTA SA .

QUOTE (OrionSR)

I offered no guarantee for PS2 data, but have a great deal of confidence in the save and PC memory addresses

the adresses are fine no problems with that .

btw , i tested "next attack time " value changes back when i was doing the cheat device codes for territory's , so its what i remember from testings made 2 years ago , forgive the lack of details .

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Changes to the next attack time in the save file and in PC memory had an immediate effect. ...
BTW, besides the next attack time and enable gang wars flag, none of the information in the gang wars block appears to be used for anything.

same on ps2 v1 ... however, i dont understand why i was geting the " no more attacked turfs " glitch after using it for awhile , just like when the game is saved while a territory is being attacked . i remember back then i tryed to figure it out by looking into the gang war block , but i didnt figured anything out of it . speaking of this i got a few questions :

- is changes into " next time attack " dword permanant ? or does the game overwrite it after each attack ?
- is this value disabled or replaced in memory while a attack occur ? so the game dosnt trigger another attack ? that would explain why " no more attacked turfs " glitch occur if game saved while a territory is attacked . also this glitch is savable, so it does affect a value somewhere within the save blocks .
- what does the dword value represant ... seconds ? minutes ? ... in game or real life time ?
- what would be best setting dword value for a 2nd testing ? should i joker it ?

QUOTE (OrionSR)

The gang stats changes to the save and in memory are also effective on PC. I can't see how changes to the gang stats in the save couldn't work, that data must be saved somewhere in the save, and there isn't any place else to put it. The stats influence the Least Favorite Gang stat that was included as a requirement for the Master Mind glitch, and the Gang Members Wasted stat - but I think that might be it.

i may have explained badly , any changes in gangs stats works fine and were easy to locate and mod in memory since they are all next to each other , no problems here ... however , i fail to see how it affect in game gangs behavior or anything , i was sure Ped Acquaintances pointers alone were taking care of that , anything im missing here ?
CODE

GANG1
  Hate GANG2 GANG3 GANG4 GANG5 GANG6 GANG7 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG1
GANG2
  Hate GANG1 GANG3 GANG4 GANG5 GANG6 GANG7 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG2
GANG3
  Hate GANG1 GANG2 GANG4 GANG5 GANG6 GANG7 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG3
GANG4
  Hate GANG1 GANG2 GANG3 GANG5 GANG6 GANG7 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG4
GANG5
  Hate GANG1 GANG2 GANG3 GANG4 GANG6 GANG7 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG5
GANG6
  Hate GANG1 GANG2 GANG3 GANG4 GANG5 GANG7 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG6
GANG7
  Hate GANG1 GANG2 GANG3 GANG4 GANG5 GANG6 GANG8 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG7
GANG8
  Hate GANG1 GANG2 GANG3 GANG4 GANG5 GANG6 GANG7 GANG9 GANG10
  Respect GANG8

QUOTE (OrionSR)

The opening densities for GAN2 appear to be the same on PCv1 and PS2v1 (10). The density is set to 25 by Mission 0 - Initial, and later set to 10 by Mission 2 - Intro. However, if the jetpack trick is used to interrupt the opening scene with Tenpenny then this change would be skipped.

i used a old save file i already had on my memory card, so its much possible that i used the jetpack trick back then ... my bad ! i should have started a new game.

- id like to know how and when does the game engine alter territory's density's tru the game , do you know ?
- btw ,could " jetpack cheat in tenpenny cutscene " glitch explain why " no more attacked turfs " glitch occur if game saved while a territory is attacked ?
- is there anything else gang related that are affected by " jetpack cheat in tenpenny cutscene " ?

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Perhaps the 20/16 density requirements are not the same on PS2. The savegame editor v3.1.2 appears to have no difficult reading the PS2 saves. What density does GAN2 have on your save?

here how it was set ( in hex )
:
vagos = 32 ( modded by cheat-device )
gsf = 0A ( given at opening )

so a near-by ballas / vagos territory ( 32 ) is attacking the ( 0A ) gsf one ... but the territory should belong to vagos density wise , weird !

QUOTE (OrionSr)

The game seems to fixate on a pair of zone for attacks and is reluctant to consider other alternatives unless it's favorites are eliminated for contention. High density of a Grove zone surrounded by lots of high density rival turfs can sometimes tip the balance.

ill let vagos take over GAN2 and see if the attacks move on to the gsf zones i set around aztecas territory's for testing the mastermind glitch , all other territorys belong to ballas / vagos at ( 32 ) density's

btw , i know i ask lots of questions ... im sorry , but you always provided very helpfull info's and i cant resist the urge to ask someone who knows what he's talking about. icon14.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:09 PM Edited by OrionSR, 22 April 2011 - 12:13 PM.

Got it!

"Next Attack Time" is a float representing the milliseconds until the next attack. Re-saving the game reduced the timer by 3609 milliseconds. Changing the value to 0x47AFC800 (90,000) triggered an attack after 1 and a half minutes.

I'm not sure what else will cause changes to this timer. I'm fairly certain resetting the timer when no gang territories are available for attack, and when standing within the only zone available for attack, will cause the timer to reset to it's default timer. The default time until next attack seems to be about 22 to 24 minutes. The variation appears to be related to the minutes on the game clock - maybe. The timer also appears to get reset after each attack. For these tests I've been enabling the gang wars in order to establish a fresh timer.

I am unable to provide an informed opinion on the no more attacked turfs glitch. Perhaps I'll try to stimulate one. Do you have a save with this glitch handy?

A value of 0 works well for me. I would think a jokered code would provide you with the most control. I'm using a keypress trigger to reset the timer with CLEO.

Ped Acquaintances are also adjusted in the game scripts. You might want to take a look at the acquaintances using the savegame editor 3.1.2 to have a more accurate record. However, the issue is unrelated to the gang members killed stats. I was only establishing where the information is stored in the save, PC memory, and hopefully PS2 memory as well. Again, the only thing these stats appear to do is influence the display of other stats.

I'll look into pulling the gang density codes out of the scripts. I might have trouble making sense of it all so you might try looking at the PC saves posted in the All Game Missions Save Files topic with a savegame editor.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=356192

Hm... It looks like PS2 may have different density requirements for turfs to be attack.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

These are all of the gang density changes I could find in the PCv1 scripts. Some of these codes may be run in a different order than they appear. Some codes may be conditional or may never be run in game.

CODE
// MOB_CAT: Mobile Phone Catalina
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 7 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 1 density_to 0

// Originally: Initial 1
076C: set_zone 'SUN1' gang 1 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN1' gang 1 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN3A' gang 1 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN3B' gang 1 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN3C' gang 1 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN4' gang 1 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'CHC1A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC1B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC2A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC2B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC3' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC4A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC4B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'EBE1' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'EBE2A' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'EBE2B' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'EBE3C' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 7 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 7 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 1 density_to 25
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 1 density_to 25
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'GLN2A' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LIND1A' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'LIND1B' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'LIND2A' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'LIND2B' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'LIND3' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 0 density_to 20
076C: set_zone 'JEF1A' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF1B' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF2' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF3B' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF3C' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LFL1A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LFL1B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 7 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 7 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELS1A' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELS1B' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELS2' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELS3A' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELS3B' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'ELS4' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'PLS' gang 1 density_to 10  
076C: set_zone 'SMB1' gang 1 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'SMB2' gang 1 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VIN2' gang 1 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO1' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO2' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO3' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO4A' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO4B' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'CALT' gang 6 density_to 10  
076C: set_zone 'BATTP' gang 3 density_to 25
076C: set_zone 'ESPN1' gang 4 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ESPN2' gang 4 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ESPN3' gang 4 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'CHINA' gang 6 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'THEA1' gang 6 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'THEA3' gang 3 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'GARC' gang 3 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'DOH2' gang 3 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'EASB1' gang 4 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'EASB2' gang 4 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'EASB1' gang 4 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'EASB2' gang 4 density_to 10

// Originally: Intro
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 1 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 1 density_to 10

// Originally: Ryder
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 5
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 0 density_to 5
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 5
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 5
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 5
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 0 density_to 5

076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 20

// Originally: Tagging Up Turf
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ELS1A' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ELS1B' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ELS2' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ELS3A' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ELS3B' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'ELS4' gang 0 density_to 10

076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 0 density_to 30

// Originally: Cleaning The Hood
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 1 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 1 density_to 40

// Originally: Nines And AK's
076C: set_zone 'ELS1A' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS1B' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS2' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS3A' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS3B' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS4' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND1A' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND1B' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND2A' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND2B' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND3' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 0 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 0 density_to 30

// Originally: Los Sepulcros
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 1 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 1 density_to 35@  // restored to saved density
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 1 density_to 36@  // restored to saved density

// Originally: Doberman
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 2 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 7 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 0 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 2 density_to 71@ // restored to saved density
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 7 density_to 72@ // restored to saved density

// Originally: The Green Sabre
076C: set_zone 'SUN1' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN1' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN3A' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN3B' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN3C' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'SUN4' gang 0 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'CHC1A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC1B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC2A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC2B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC3' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC4A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'CHC4B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'EBE1' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'EBE2A' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'EBE2B' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'EBE3C' gang 2 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 0 density_to 25
076C: set_zone 'GLN2A' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF1A' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF1B' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF2' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF3B' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'JEF3C' gang 0 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LFL1A' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LFL1B' gang 2 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 7 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 7 density_to 30
076C: set_zone 'PLS' gang 0 density_to 10  
076C: set_zone 'SMB1' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'SMB2' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VIN2' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO1' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO2' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO3' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO4A' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'VERO4B' gang 0 density_to 10
076C: set_zone 'SUN1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'SUN1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'SUN3A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'SUN3B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'SUN3C' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'SUN4' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC1B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC2A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC2B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC3' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC4A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'CHC4B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'EBE1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'EBE2A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'EBE2B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'EBE3C' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'GLN2A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND1B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND2A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND2B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LIND3' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD5' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'JEF1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'JEF1B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'JEF2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'JEF3A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'JEF3B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'JEF3C' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LFL1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LFL1B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS1A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS1B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS3A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS3B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELS4' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'PLS' gang 1 density_to 0  
076C: set_zone 'SMB1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'SMB2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'VIN2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'VERO1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'VERO2' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'VERO3' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'VERO4A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'VERO4B' gang 1 density_to 0

// Originally: Home Coming
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 0 density_to 40

076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 0 density_to 40

076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 0 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 1 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'GAN1' gang 0 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 0 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'GAN2' gang 0 density_to 40

// Originally: Beat Down on B Dup
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 2 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 7 density_to 0

076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 2 density_to 91@ // restored to saved density
076C: set_zone 'GLN1' gang 7 density_to 92@ // restored to saved density

// Originally: Grove 4 Life
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD3A' gang 0 density_to 100
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD3B' gang 0 density_to 100
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD1' gang 0 density_to 100
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 1 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'IWD4' gang 0 density_to 100

// Originally: Los Desperados
076C: set_zone 'ELCO1' gang 2 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'ELCO2' gang 2 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 7 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 7 density_to 40
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1A' gang 2 density_to 0
076C: set_zone 'LMEX1B' gang 2 density_to 0

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR)

"Next Attack Time" is a float representing the milliseconds until the next attack. Re-saving the game reduced the timer by 3609 milliseconds. Changing the value to 0x47AFC800 (90,000) triggered an attack after 1 and a half minutes.

I'm not sure what else will cause changes to this timer. I'm fairly certain resetting the timer when no gang territories are available for attack, and when standing within the only zone available for attack, will cause the timer to reset to it's default timer. The default time until next attack seems to be about 22 to 24 minutes. The variation appears to be related to the minutes on the game clock - maybe. The timer also appears to get reset after each attack. For these tests I've been enabling the gang wars in order to establish a fresh timer.

I am unable to provide an informed opinion on the no more attacked turfs glitch. Perhaps I'll try to stimulate one. Do you have a save with this glitch handy?

A value of 0 works well for me. I would think a jokered code would provide you with the most control. I'm using a keypress trigger to reset the timer with CLEO.

im unable to use joker command for now ... the ps2 i borrowed is dying , i get " error running san adreas disk " at almost every loading screen , such as walking into any interiors . i was lucky cuz i had old saves on my memcard and i can use cheat device to load game at a safe house and save my codes without leaving safe house ... then i transfer the save into my retro compatible ps3 , so i can test only savable codes.
ill be looking into buying a new ps2 !! they are cheap now.

i dont have a save for the " no more attacked turfs " but it should be easy for you to re-do it ... unless it was fixed in PC version.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Hm... It looks like PS2 may have different density requirements for turfs to be attack.

not sure ... maybe its cuz i messed something up in my save file , since i used a old file , maybe iv used it in some odds testings . ill try to create a new game save and start over... lets hope that dying ps2 let me do it.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

These are all of the gang density changes I could find in the PCv1 scripts

thanks alot dude !!! icon14.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:38 PM Edited by OrionSR, 22 April 2011 - 05:14 PM.

Some more results, few of which are likely to be particularly helpful, but still...

From the gangwars block at http://www.gtamoddin...k_23:_Gang_wars

CODE
0x18    float[3]        unknown XYZ
This appears to be the players location during the 3rd kill while defending an attack.
CODE
0x3C    float[3]        unknown XYZ
The center of the zone under attack.
CODE
0x48    dword           hood attack notify time (?)
Milliseconds until attack times out
CODE
0x54    float           territories under control (08E2)
Previous territory percentage
CODE
0x58    float           same as above (0x54)
Current territory percentage

The most practical use of this information is forcing an early timeout of an attack (usually about 273 seconds, 4:33). The code below will cause the attack to timeout in 30 seconds. The code can be used before CJ arrives at the zone, and/or after starting a defense.
CODE
0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab44 size 4 value 30000 virtual_protect 0 // Attack Timeout

CODE
0x66c7e8 // Possible PS2v1 memory location for Attack Timeout

As far as I can tell, changing this information in the save file has no effect on the game. However, it appears to be read and maintained from save to save.

Added:

The density gained by the attacking gang can vary depending on the number of attackers that are killed.

Saving before starting the defense has no effect on the density.
Saving after starting a defense:
0 killed: 18
1 Killed: 15
2 Killed: 12
3 killed: 9
4 killed: 6
5 of 6 killed wins the attack.

Reset attack time and save, reset attack time and save again, over and over, again and again. This is supposed to trigger a glitch?

Gangwar Waves:
Zones with a rival density of 1 to 5 will have one attack wave .
Zones with a rival density of 6 to 8 have 2 waves of attack.
Zones with a rival density of 9 or more have 3 waves of attack.

I am reasonably sure these results are because some of the density is awarded after each wave, and if the density is small enough then all possible density is awarded in only on or two waves.

My results are still inconsistent, but...
Winning the 1st wave appears to award 30% of the density of each enemy gang to Grove.
Winning the 2nd wave awards another 30% of the remaining density.
Again, these results are not entirely consistent and I'm not sure why.

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:12 PM Edited by ric-013, 22 April 2011 - 07:27 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

CODE
CODE

This appears to be the players location during the 3rd kill while defending an attack.
CODE
CODE

The center of the zone under attack.

i had a theory about thoses , since they are " float " , i was thinking memory wise not saved state
CODE

player location at any time while on map ...
CODE

next zone to be under attack when " next attack time " reach 0 ...

so basicly , in my theory the game engine calculate how far cj is ( 0x18 float[3] unknown XYZ ) from any possible zone to be under attack, then it set the zone to be attacked in ( 0x3C float[3] unknown XYZ ) based on cj location , so its not to far for him to reach within allowed time ( 0x48 dword hood attack notify time ) also , this would reset the (0x38 dword next attack time ) if cj is too far from any possible zone.

also,
CODE

0x24    dword           (unknown)
0x28    dword           (unknown)
0x2C    dword           (unknown)

i always hoped thoses would be i.d's for gangs involved ( active ) in gang-war , but given current theory it could be setting for the max radius around cj for a zone to be selected for ( 0x3C float[3] unknown XYZ ) to load ... or center XYZ for huge zone cj is into ( LA , VE , BONE , ROBAD , ROBAD1 ,SF , RED , FLINTC , WHET ) for the same reason.

CODE

0x30    dword           unknown time

would be time when last under attack situation ended , maybe to keep track for calculations, like when (0x38 dword next attack time ) is paused or disable during some events like missions.
btw , isnt (0x38 dword next attack time ) disabled or paused every time cj enter interiors marker ?

CODE

0x34    dword           hood under attack stage (?)

this would set how many attack waves the territory will get if attack is won or lost , based on density's after attack time out.

anyways , thats how i imagined it was working , it was a wild theory !

QUOTE (OrionSR)

The most practical use of this information is forcing an early timeout of an attack (usually about 273 seconds, 4:33). The code below will cause the attack to timeout in 30 seconds. The code can be used before CJ arrives at the zone, and/or after starting a defense.
CODE
CODE

0A8C: write_memory 0x96ab44 size 4 value 30000 virtual_protect 0 // Attack Timeout

could also be used to extend time before it times out too ... would be usefull to test mastermind glitch .

QUOTE (OrionSR)

The density gained by the attacking gang can vary depending on the number of attackers that are killed.

Saving before starting the defense has no effect on the density.
Saving after starting a defense:
0 killed: 18
1 Killed: 15
2 Killed: 12
3 killed: 9
4 killed: 6
5 of 6 killed wins the attack.

another good info , that great ! i always wanted to know this .

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Reset attack time and save, reset attack time and save again, over and over, again and again. This is supposed to trigger a glitch?

well thats what happend to me when testing it 2 years ago ... i must point out that back when i tested this , i was very busy doing territory codes so it was kind of a quick testing , i dont remember all the details , such as :
- did i tested it along other test codes
- did i used a glitched out savefile for testing
- did my test code had any error in it , i sometimes input wrong command or address in my test codes )

but i remember thinking it was so like the " no more attacked hoods " glitch :
- on ps2 v1 , save game while a territory is under attack to trigger it .

so you may be wasting your time on this glitch i faintly remember .

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

I dont really have much hope for masterminds glitch, only reason why I restarted the topic was because some guy called jkmd or something also said he had success, but then a day later he said he started using the savegame editor so im pretty sure he just used that and said he used the glitch.

Anyway all this info is really helpful, it is possible to get mixed zones in SF if you use satchel charges and use the mixed territory glitch, this way it doesnt matter which territory is attacked. However I find this method really inconsistent at long ranges, I would prefer to have a territory come under attack next to the one I want mixed so I can lure them on foot using a proofed car.

Also you mentioned the requirements for attacks might be different on PS2, you might be right. I have started a Doberman save on scratch so that I can narrow down the possible territories that are attacked. Before I bother with overseas territories I just want to make sure I can get other territories in LS attacked ( that is territories you dont start out with) and then maybe move on to LS and RC.

Reading from that zonemapper, I have taken over IWD1 first. If I stand in GAN2, that zone is always attacked. I lured the attacking ballas over to LDT7 (Downtown Los Santos) and killed them there, giving me a fresh new territory that isnt meant to be there after Doberman. I repeated this 2 more times, so it should have around 30 GSF density. This territory is also next to GLN2A, a balla territory with high density, im not sure but it looks pretty thick so it should be over 20. Yet this territory I have created, LDT7, has yet to be attacked. I shouldnt rush to say this though because I have only waited for one attack, tomorrow il post more results on it.

While I was bored I also added some balla density to that zone by leading the gang that attacked IWD1 to LDT7 and killing 3 members and letting it time out, I have yet to see if it will be attacked.

Anyway im a little confused on what happend in El Corona. You managed to get it attacked, what happened when you lost the attack? Did ballas get some density in that area, meaning there was VLA, GSF and Ballas in that zone? I have yet to get 3 gangs in that zone. If im unable to I might just settle for mixing zones around the VLA zones, as they usually cross over all the time.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

While I was bored I also added some balla density to that zone by leading the gang that attacked IWD1 to LDT7 and killing 3 members and letting it time out, I have yet to see if it will be attacked.

This won't work. Rival density can only be added to zones that are attacked.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

You sure about that? Have you seen my video where I get balla density in GAN1 (grove street) by using this glitch? Maybe its PS2 only, heres the video.

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

Unless you mean something completey different, but yeah I added density to LDT7 without it being attacked. This video even shows me starting a war in GAN1

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, okay. It looks like I'll need to switch over to PS2 in order to continue testing. Try as I might, I just can't add rival density without that turf being attacked. I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on this. PS2 testing is a bit more involved process.

In answer to a previous question. Yes, I was able to get 3 gangs in El Corona. Aztecas had 40. Grove got 20 by Hood Abusing twice. The the Ballas got 30 when I timed out their attack. However, in order to start a war in that zone I had to boost the Balla density to equal or more than the Azteca density.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:24 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 23 April 2011 - 03:26 AM.

So PC version cant do this PS2 glitch, where you kill 3 people and instead of adding density to the attacked zone, it adds them to the one you are standing in?

Anyway in order to get ballas density equal to Aztecas, you had to use the savegame editor didnt you? I have a feeling it will be impossible for me to be able to do all that on a PS2 without a cheating disk, so il just ignore that part for now.

Right now im more focused on the PS2 requirements for getting zone to get attacked. Im also making a video log of all the steps I do, il be uploading them on youtube should I get anywhere interesting so you can see the exact order I took over territories, which ones I added density to etc etc. Problem is it will have no sound, but il deal with all that later.

I never knew if you started the defence of a zone and then saved you lose the war, it will speed things up so much faster when adding rival density to an attacked zone.

The reason for the flight glitch was because the only way I can add rival density as to other zones as shown in the video is to lure them to a zone that is already a GSF zone. So if I were to do this overseas, I would have to do the hood abuse glitch to each zone, then do the mixed glitch you see in that video. Instead of doing the hood abuse glitch I figured why not do the flight glitch and then take over all those territories normally, it would be faster and more fun than waiting 30 mins for each attack. Then when i have light GSF territories everywhere I would use satchels to do the mixed glitch you saw in the video. Unfortunately its unreliable when you go long distances, you notice that the blips on the radar change from up to down triangles, meaning they are teleporting everywhere

EDIT: When you say you got the ballas density equal to Aztecas, did you mean the ballas density in that zone you wanted attacked to be equal, or the ballas density in a zone adjacent to the zone you wanted to be attacked? If the requirements are for the zones adjacent to the Azteca zone you want attacked then it will be possible for me after all.

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:18 AM Edited by ric-013, 23 April 2011 - 10:38 AM.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher)

When you say you got the ballas density equal to Aztecas, did you mean the ballas density in that zone you wanted attacked to be equal, or the ballas density in a zone adjacent to the zone you wanted to be attacked? If the requirements are for the zones adjacent to the Azteca zone you want attacked then it will be possible for me after all.

he meant within the zone , only the highest density gang in a zone can be attacked. lets take OrionSR example :

El Corona :
aztecas = 40
ballas = 30
gsf = 20

you'll have to raise ballas density to atleast 40 before you can trigger any gang-war in that zone.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

i done a new safefile, addded chest-device codes for gangs and did some testing ... i got GAN2 attacked again ! so vagos at (32 in hex ) attacked gsf at ( 0A in hex ) . it got attacked untill completely taken over ( took 4 attacks from ballas )...after the attacks moved to SUN3a and SUN1a both at ( 1E in hex ) so its fair to say that strong ballas / vagos density will attack weak gsf territory.
devil.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:31 AM Edited by OrionSR, 23 April 2011 - 01:33 PM.

only the highest density gang in a zone can be attacked
Or to be more specific, a war can only be started with the gang that has the highest density. I've been trying to reserve the word "attack" for Attacks on a turf.

I tried a number of adjustments to the density using CLEO codes and the savegame editor, but I'm trying to be true to the spirit of your objective: to accomplish full fledged gang wars in non-standard areas without using editors or cheat device codes.

First I increased the Balla Density by timing out another attack, so 30 + 30. I could also increase Balla density by killing a varying number of attackers so I tried the values of 48, 45, 42, 39 and 40 with the editor and found the minimum requirement.

Success!

I got the Mixed Glitch to work. Hopefully this will spare me from PS2 testing.

I finally listened to Jack's advice and abandoned El Corona (ELCO2). Even with the Aztecas removed I couldn't get the glitch to work. Before then I tried the Airport (LAIR2A) without success. So I increased the density of GAN1 and GAN2 to 20 and repeated what I was in the video... And whatdoyaknow; a GAN1 Vago density of 9.

So in some zones, particularly GAN1:

//--- Take the dying/losing/saving bit with a grain of salt. Now I'm back to satchels kill attackers while also suiciding. ---//

Dying and Saving before starting the defense has no effect on the density.
Letting the attack timeout adds a rival density of 30 to the zone under attack.

A Death, Timeout, or "Anywhere" Save after starting a defense:
0 killed: 18 rival density in the zone under attack
1 Killed: 15 rival density in the zone under attack
2 Killed: 12 rival density in the zone under attack
3 killed: 9 rival density in the zone where CJ dies/loses/saves
4 killed: 6 rival density in the zone where CJ dies/loses/saves
5 of 6 killed wins the attack and adds a Grove density of 10 to the zone where CJ wins.

Note that in a zone like GAN1 where Vagos or Ballas might attack, the rival density awarded was not always added to the gang that participated in the attack. Once a density of B27/G20/V27 was reached the Vagos earned all density even if the Ballas attacked.

How the attackers are killed and how CJ loses the war doesn't seem to matter. Just make sure that 2 or 3 attackers are safely roaming the map when the loss occurs. I guess the next step would be learning which zones can be Mixed Glitched. That should be a tedious task.

//------//

So far I've managed to added rival density to GAN1 and ELS3A.

BTW, I can't seem to get an attack started in GAN1.

No Cops On Foot flag in GAN1 doesn't seem to be a factor in anything, but I've got my eye on it just in case.

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:00 PM Edited by ric-013, 23 April 2011 - 05:56 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Success!

I got the Mixed Glitch to work. Hopefully this will spare me from PS2 testing.

great ! icon14.gif

QUOTE (OrionSR)

So in some zones, particularly GAN1:

isnt GAN1 the only zone with a " no cop on foot " flag ? could this be related ?

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Note that in a zone like GAN1 where Vagos or Ballas might attack, the rival density awarded was not always added to the gang that participated in the attack. Once a density of B27/G20/V27 was reached the Vagos earned all density even if the Ballas attacked.

typical territory glitch side effect ... ballas take over turf ( gang & blips ) but vagos is awarded density . its like when you kill 3 vagos in a ballas territory , it trigger a gang-war with ballas anyways ... weird stuff.

EDIT :
i get it now ..

QUOTE (=OrionSR)

From the gangwars block at http://www.gtamoddin...k_23:_Gang_wars

CODE
CODE

so this is where density will be allocated once attack time out ... it seems logical that changes are triggered by 3rd kill , its like when you trigger a gang-war by killing 3 of them .

very nice find OrionSR !! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

sorry if im a bit slow understanding all this .

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (ric-013 @ Apr 23 2011, 05:00)
so this is where density will be allocated once attack time out ... it seems logical that changes are triggered by 3rd kill , its like when you trigger a gang-war by killing 3 of them.

Maybe. I'm still trying to nail down the criteria for the Mixed Glitch. For now I can only argue that the unknown XYZ at offset 0x18 documents where CJ was standing during the 3rd kill while defending an attack. This is probably related to the mixed density, but I'm not exactly sure how.

That's an interesting hypothesis about the 3rd kill for starting a gang war. I'll run a test of that position and see if it turns up in any of the addresses.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:59 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 23 April 2011 - 11:01 PM.

Im glad you have gotten the mixed glitch to work Orion, this means PC and PS2 versions aren't so different after all and we can keep testing the same glitch.

Something for you guys to try out, I think it doesnt matter where you stand when you lose the war, it matters where you kill the 3rd enemy.

For instance, I got an attack at the normal balla territory next to El Corona. I lead them to one of my hood abuse territories and killed 3 people there. Then I drove off to some random spot on the map and waited it out. The hood abused spot where I killed the 3rd enemy got an increase in balla density, not the zone I was standing in.

Also I can only get this to work in zones owned by GSF, maybe you guys might have luck using the mixed glitch on other types of zones. For instance say GAN2 is attacked by Ballas just as usual. Instead of luring them to GAN1 like I did in the video, what if you lured them to the stadium, the Vagos zone, and killed 3 there and lose the attack there. Would the Vagos zone gain balla density? I tried this before and it failed but this glitch fails a lot all the time so i didnt know if it was just some random fail on my part or if it didnt work.

Finally, is it possible to mix the extremely low GSF density territories that were won over from the flight glitch. For instance I fly off the map and get loads of weak balla zones around LS. I then win them all over by luring ballas from thicker zones, is it possible to then mix those?

Now that you have an idea on how the mixed territory glitch works, you might realise why the flight glitch is important to me, because allows me to add GSF zones around the map to be mixed without waiting around to use the hood abuse glitch

I didnt realise that if I dont trigger the defence and let the attack time time out they get 30 density, not 18. This is really useful info, means I dont have to wait for two attacks to get the requirements (20+ rival density)

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:27 AM Edited by ric-013, 24 April 2011 - 01:41 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

Possible address of Next Attack Time for PS2v1 (untested)
CODE
CODE

hum ... i was looking at gang-war save block , i think i might have found why my previous testing on this caused me problems. when i tested it, i think i used adress :
CODE

0x66c7d8

that where i assumed it was according to info's i had from block 23 ... ( 2 years ago )
again i made mistakes .... lol, ill re-test it using your address tomorrow.

QUOTE (OrionSR)

CODE

CODE  
0x66c7e8 // Possible PS2v1 memory location for Attack Timeout

tested !! PS2 v1 ntsc
time out " hood under attack " - press L3
D0700942 0000FFFD
2066C7E8 00000000
note : will immediately end attack ( time out )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users