But I haven't seen the author around in ages sad.gif

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

Following bugs found:

1. No warnings on damage to other vehicles - Cops go straight after you if you just as much as scratch another car. This could be an accidental collision!

2. No warnings on property damage - Cops go straight after you if you just as much as touch/damage property you shouldn't. This could be an accidental property damage!

2. No slow driving on pavement - Cops go straight after you if you just as much as touch the pavement with your car. You should be able to drive slow on pavement!

-- This post will probably be updated with further bugs!

BR_Goianiense: Hope you'll fix these bugs! And yet again: Thx for this wonderful mod colgate.gif

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

All those 'bugs' could be solved if he implemented the "Police Tolerance" level just as in Hippie Communist's mod tounge.gif

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Apr 8 2011, 11:34)
All those 'bugs' could be solved if he implemented the "Police Tolerance" level just as in Hippie Communist's mod tounge.gif

Agree! Anyway, this mod rocks!

chasez
  • chasez

ImPerAtoR crew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Apr 5 2011, 23:43)
You can limit the speed in the .ini file. And it works well with SpeedoIV.

It's not that speed limiter that I'm talking about.

Symbiote
  • Symbiote

(f.k.a. AngryAmoeba)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ Apr 5 2011, 17:37)
How about a script with a speed limit key, like Mafia2. Press L and the maximum speed will be 30mph or even let the people choose the speed limit by writing it in the script file. It's pretty hard to press the fw button all the time to not to hit the gas to the floor and car starts to twitch like a newbie would sit behind the wheel of the training car.

I know that is possible, because I've seen it done in a 'manual transmission' mod, where there's a maximum speed for each gear. Sadly, I don't know how the modder did it. I sent him a message asking about it, but he never responded.

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hi guys.

At least once a week i come back to this forum to read the impressions people had over my mods. This topic specifically has some very good, doable ideas to be considered. Well, yesterday I finally got inspired to improve Drive Felony. So after 3 long hours of programming, testing, programming, testing, reprogramming, testing, debugging, etc... I got a newer version. biggrin.gif

Files are already up in the site, and the donwload link should be available quickly.... Keep reading the post to know about the changes:

================================================================================
DRIVE FELONY
By BR_Goianiense
Version: 1.1
Released: 04/09/2011

- If you commit a traffic felony and a cop spots you doing so, you get a 1 star wanted level.

- Witnesses can report your traffic felonies to police too, optionally.

- Needs HazardX's .net scripthook version 0.891 or later. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325

- xLiveLess or HazardX's YASIL. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658 (xLiveLess)

CHANGES SINCE LAST VERSION

v.1.1
- Added individual messages to each felony.
- Added option to emergency vehicles.
- Added tolerance.
- Added witness mode.
- Corrected bug that didn't display a felony spotted message EVEN if DisplayMessage was set to 0, as intended.

INSTALLATION:

Place the files DriveFelony.net.dll and DriveFelony.ini into the scripts folder within the game directory.

INI FILE:

Change the values inside DriveFelony.ini to control the mod behavior.

[GENERAL]

DisplayMessage=0 -> 1 means a message will appear whenever you do a traffic felony, 0 means it won't. P.S.: A message will ALWAYS appear when a cop SPOTS you doing a traffic felony.

SpeedLimit=60 -> in mph.

PoliceTolerance=5 -> Can go from 1 to 9. 5 means cops will chase you immediately if they see you run red lights, drive against traffic, speed or hit people. Other felonies should be added up to make a cop bother to chase you. Set it higher to make the cops lazier, lower to make them less tolerant. Put 1 to make the cops chase you immediately for every flaw.

[ACTIVE FELONIES]

The next 8 lines turn on or off what should be considered a traffic felony. Set it to 1 to turn it on, 0 to turn it off. Turned off felonies won't be considered illegal.

RanLightFelony=1
HitCarFelony=1
HitPeopleFelony=1
HitWallFelony=1
HitObjectFelony=1 -> stuff like posts and garbage cans.
DriveAgainstTrafficFelony=1
DriveOnSidewalkFelony=1
SpeedingFelony=1 -> has to be greater than SpeedLimit.

[SPECIAL VEHICLES]

PoliceCarCanDoFelonies=1 -> 1 means that if you're driving a police car you can do all sorts of traffic felonies and get away with that. 0 means the cops will chase a police car like if it is a common car.

EmergencyCarCanDoFelonies=1 -> same functionality as above. 1 means that if you're driving an ambulance or firetruck you will get away from traffic felonies, 0 means you won't.

SirenHasToBeOn=1 -> 1 means police and emergency cars will get away ONLY IF THEIR SIRENS ARE ON! 0 means they will get away always.

[WITNESS REPORT]

WitnessReport=1 -> 1 means that if a common citizen sees you commiting a traffic felony, he can report it to the police, and get you a wanted level, 0 means they can't. Use with caution, can be VERY annoying...

WitnessChanceOfReporting=25 -> in percent. set it from 1 to 100 to configure the chance of being reported by a witness after a felony.

WitnessTolerance=7 -> same functionality as cop tolerance. Can go from 1 to 9. 7 means the witnessess will bother to report you just if you hit another ped or drive against traffic. Other felonies should add up to make one bother to report you.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Excellent update ! I was wondering when you'd get back to the forums.

Can you also add an option to always display cops on radar ?

And a better 'display message' system.. It all looks rather plain . If you know what I mean.. I don't know much 'bout .NET scripting in GTAIV, so dnt know of there is much u can do.. Maybe something fancy just above the radar, with a lil' icon..
Maybe also a cop car radar thingee like in NFS:MW..

Keep up the good work.

Where else are you releasing this btw ?

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

Awesome update! icon14.gif
Will test it out..

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Very good update! Thanks for adding the option for alll emergency vehicles. The mod is very customizable and with a very explaining readme text too.
I ll check it out and let you know for any remarks. icon14.gif

nastynacho
  • nastynacho

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:02 AM Edited by nastynacho, 10 April 2011 - 02:04 AM.

@BR_Goianiense

Thanks for adding

"DisplayMessage=0 -> 1 means a message will appear whenever you do a traffic felony, 0 means it won't. P.S.: A message will ALWAYS appear when a cop SPOTS you doing a traffic felony."

I like these settings below Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

CODE
[GENERAL]
DisplayMessage=1
SpeedLimit=60
PoliceTolerance=1

[ACTIVE FELONIES]
RanLightFelony=1
HitCarFelony=0
HitPeopleFelony=1
HitWallFelony=0
HitObjectFelony=0
DriveAgainstTrafficFelony=0
DriveOnSidewalkFelony=0
SpeedingFelony=1

[SPECIAL VEHICLES]
PoliceCarCanDoFelonies=1
EmergencyCarCanDoFelonies=1
SirenHasToBenOn=0

[WITNESS REPORT]
WitnessReport=0
WitnessChanceOfReporting=25
WitnessTolerance=7

Is this mod compatible with EFLC ?

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

The 1.1 update fixes the issues with the police aggressiveness.
Wonderful! icon14.gif

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

The mod works very nice with GTA IV and TLAD. I recently started TBoGT and I noticed that the mod doesn't take in consideration the additional police cars and the police motorcycle which exist in TBoGT (those are; police3, police4, policew and policeb). So even if you have the "police cars can do felonies" option you get a wanted level if you do felonies with those cars nervous.gif Would it be possible to make an update or a version for TBoGT (or generally the EFLC) in order to fix this issue? Thanks and keep it up! colgate.gif

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:52 PM Edited by manx2007, 21 April 2011 - 05:26 PM.

Hi.you made a realistic mod and i liked.i have an idea for improving this realistic behavior.make the witness to not report the following felonies:

RanLightFelony
DriveAgainstTrafficFelony
SpeedingFelony

no one will report this felonies in real life.they don't have proofs and time for that thing.is something easy.
in that way the witness report will not be annoying and your mod will make the game more realistic.
i'm not good at english ,but i hope to understand.
good job.the best. icon14.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (manx2007 @ Apr 21 2011, 16:52)
Hi.you made a realistic mod and i liked.i have an idea for improving this realistic behavior.make the witness to not report the following felonies:

RanLightFelony
SpeedingFelony

no one will report this felonies in real life.they don't have proofs and time for that thing.is something easy.
in that way the witness report will not be annoying and your mod will make the game more realistic.
i'm not good at english ,but i hope to understand.
good job.the best. icon14.gif

I totally agree, only rulebreakers that interrupt someone's interess should be reported, like vehicle damaging, property damaging, etc

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Apr 17 2011, 22:42)
The mod works very nice with GTA IV and TLAD. I recently started TBoGT and I noticed that the mod doesn't take in consideration the additional police cars and the police motorcycle which exist in TBoGT (those are; police3, police4, policew and policeb). So even if you have the "police cars can do felonies" option you get a wanted level if you do felonies with those cars nervous.gif Would it be possible to make an update or a version for TBoGT (or generally the EFLC) in order to fix this issue? Thanks and keep it up! colgate.gif

Thanks for the info. I'll fix it in the next version. wink.gif

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

Thanks BR_Goianiense. We ll be waiting for the update.

@manx2007
"RanLightFelony
SpeedingFelony
no one will report this felonies in real life.they don't have proofs and time for that thing.is something easy"

Depends on which country you live and got the experience. I am not from USA either but I believe that if you do those felonies in NYC (especially driving against traffic), there would be pedestrians or drivers who would report you by your licence plates. Ofcourse you can customize the tolerance in the ini file.

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Apr 21 2011, 23:33)
Thanks BR_Goianiense. We ll be waiting for the update.

@manx2007
"RanLightFelony
SpeedingFelony
no one will report this felonies in real life.they don't have proofs and time for that thing.is something easy"

Depends on which country you live and got the experience. I am not from USA either but I believe that if you do those felonies in NYC (especially driving against traffic), there would be pedestrians or drivers who would report you by your licence plates. Ofcourse you can customize the tolerance in the ini file.

if you commit RainLight felony must be more people to report you ,not one person ,because that person could lie.We don't live in a perfect world.
You do not live there, but assume that it would be most likely?Let's be realistic.

i don't mind to be a ini file with that options ,but i think is a good corection.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Yes I agree about the red light felony. Probably most wouldn't get to the trouble to report it at all. I was refering more to driving against traffic felony (where 1 real second is 1minute for the ingame time and driving even for 1 or 2 minutes against traffic in real world I thing that you ll be reported for sure). Anyway the option in the ini file that you suggest is a good idea since it gives more game customization.

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Apr 22 2011, 10:21)
Yes I agree about the red light felony. Probably most wouldn't get to the trouble to report it at all. I was refering more to driving against traffic felony (where 1 real second is 1minute for the ingame time and driving even for 1 or 2 minutes against traffic in real world I thing that you ll be reported for sure). Anyway the option in the ini file that you suggest is a good idea since it gives more game customization.

When you overtake other cars ,don't drive against traffic.
if the street has one band of circulation and if the line of separation of sens is discontinuous, this is legal. Is more to discuss and is pointless.
You stay and cars pass away.
You don't know if the car is drived against traffic for one minutes or two.You can report them ,but is not sufficient.Must be more people ,not only you. Nobody has time and nobody want complications.Few are aware of what happens.Are a very little chances to be reported under these conditions.If there are no damages or injuries , there is nothing left behind and is not a big thing.
Perfect world, you know, remember.Anyway ,i respect your opinion.
Let's see what have to say about this the author of this mod.
if something is possible. if not ,our discussion is in vain. smile.gif

hkboondoggle
  • hkboondoggle

Fail

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Very nice script BR_Goianiense! Have some cookies: cookie.gif cookie.gif

Yet a bug found:
Some cops inside an underground subway station spotted me running the red light or speeding. That doesn't make sense unless they can somehow "see through" the ceiling and the road like superman.

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:55 AM

By BR_Goianiense
Version: 1.2
Released: 05/10/2011

- If you commit a traffic felony and a cop spots you doing so, you get a 1 star wanted level.

- Witnesses can report your traffic felonies to police too, optionally.

- Needs HazardX's .net scripthook version 0.891 or later. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325

- xLiveLess or HazardX's YASIL. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658 (xLiveLess)

CHANGES SINCE LAST VERSION

v.1.2
- Added TBoGT police vehicles.
- Corrected bug of police officers in subways spotting your felonies in street.
- Shortened the 'not reported' display message.

v.1.1
- Added individual messages.
- Added option to emergency vehicles.
- Added tolerance.
- Added witness mode.
- Corrected bug that didn't display a felony spotted message EVEN if DisplayMessage was set to 0, as

intended.

INSTALLATION:

Place the files DriveFelony.net.dll and DriveFelony.ini into the scripts folder within the game directory.

INI FILE:

Change the values inside DriveFelony.ini to control the mod behavior.

[GENERAL]

DisplayMessage=0 -> 1 means a message will appear whenever you do a traffic felony, 0 means it won't.
P.S.: A message will ALWAYS appear when a cop SPOTS you doing a traffic felony.

SpeedLimit=60 -> in mph.

PoliceTolerance=5 -> Can go from 1 to 9. 5 means cops will chase you immediately if they see you run red
lights, drive against traffic, speed or hit people. Other felonies should be added up to make a cop bother
to chase you. Set it higher to make the cops lazier, lower to make them less tolerant. Put 1 to make the cops
chase you immediately for every flaw.

[ACTIVE FELONIES]

The next 8 lines turn on or off what should be considered a traffic felony. Set it to 1 to turn it on,
0 to turn it off. Turned off felonies won't be considered illegal.

RanLightFelony=1
HitCarFelony=1
HitPeopleFelony=1
HitWallFelony=1
HitObjectFelony=1 -> stuff like posts and garbage cans.
DriveAgainstTrafficFelony=1
DriveOnSidewalkFelony=1
SpeedingFelony=1 -> has to be greater than SpeedLimit.

[SPECIAL VEHICLES]

PoliceCarCanDoFelonies=1 -> 1 means that if you're driving a police car you can do all sorts of traffic
felonies and get away with that. 0 means the cops will chase a police car like if it is a common car.

EmergencyCarCanDoFelonies=1 -> same functionality as above. 1 means that if you're driving an ambulance or
firetruck you will get away from traffic felonies, 0 means you won't.

SirenHasToBeOn=1 -> 1 means police and emergency cars will get away ONLY IF THEIR SIRENS ARE ON! 0 means they
will get away always.

[WITNESS REPORT]

WitnessReport=1 -> 1 means that if a common citizen sees you commiting a traffic felony, he can report it to the
police, and get you a wanted level, 0 means they can't. Use with caution, can be VERY annoying...

WitnessChanceOfReporting=25 -> in percent. set it from 1 to 100 to configure the chance of being reported by a
witness after a felony.

WitnessTolerance=7 -> same functionality as cop tolerance. Can go from 1 to 9. 7 means the witnessess
will bother to report you just if you hit another ped or drive against traffic. Other felonies should add up to
make one bother to report you.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Tested the new version and it seems OK so far. You did good work icon14.gif . Only one small bug in the code that I found is that with the TBoGT police vehicles (tested police3, police4 and policeb) with PoliceCarCanDoFelonies=1, only when you have the siren on you could do felonies (even if you have SirenHasToBenOn=0). If the siren was off the police would chase you or you could be reported.

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ May 11 2011, 14:03)
Tested the new version and it seems OK so far. You did good work icon14.gif . Only one small bug in the code that I found is that with the TBoGT police vehicles (tested police3, police4 and policeb) with PoliceCarCanDoFelonies=1, only when you have the siren on you could do felonies (even if you have SirenHasToBenOn=0). If the siren was off the police would chase you or you could be reported.

There is a misspeling in the .ini file... Correct the word "SirenHasToBenOn" to SirenHasToBeOn" and the mod will recognize your configuration...

Thanks for spotting that. wink.gif

Kynareth
  • Kynareth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

Best mode and its doesn't work in no way, unfortunately... dozingoff.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Kynareth @ May 13 2011, 19:34)
Best MOD and I can't seem to be able to install it properly...

Fixed it for you, mate

Kynareth
  • Kynareth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Thanks, man, sorry for my Inglish

Kynareth
  • Kynareth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

OK, its run with update of C++ libraries

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:01 AM Edited by Darlyn, 15 August 2011 - 01:59 AM.

Yeah, this isn't working. On the latest patch, have all the files you linked (updated) installed, dumped your dll and ini in the scripts folder. Nothing.

Edit: Okay, I didn't have .NET framework 4 installed. Works now. But for some reason every time I run over a cup (WTF?) on the street it gets marked as hitting property. What gives? I don't want to disable reporting altogether, just the stupid cups.

ripple
  • ripple

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Very nice work. I am still playing around with the police tolerance settings so I don't get nailed for right turns at red lights. Also wish there was a 'ticket' system for one stars. I tried hippiecommunist's 'ticket' mod but it didn't play well with the other mods I am using, and you can't customize the 'surrender' key.

I have to say though......there are WAY too many random cops in the game. I've edited popcycle.dat to significantly reduce the number of cop cars that spawn but it seems to have no effect unless I reduce the percentage to 0. *shrugs*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users