BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

By BR_Goianiense
Version: 1.0
Released: 03/22/2011

- If you commit a traffic felony and a cop spots you doing so, you get a 1 star wanted level.

- Needs HazardX's .net scripthook version 0.891 or later. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325

- xLiveLess or HazardX's YASIL. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658 (xLiveLess)

KNOWN BUGS
==========
None

INSTALLATION:
=============
Place the files DriveFelony.net.dll and DriveFelony.ini into the scripts folder within the game directory.

INI FILE:
=========
Change the values inside DriveFelony.ini to control the mod behavior.

[INI]

DisplayMessage=0 -> 1 means a message will appear whenever you do a traffic felony, 0 means it won't. P.S.: A message will ALWAYS appear when a cop SPOTS you doing a traffic felony.

The next 8 lines should be set in the .ini file to turn on or off what should be considered a traffic felony. Set it to 1 to mean that if you do that, the cops are going start a pursuit, 0 means the cops won't bother to chase you.

RanLightFelony=1
HitCarFelony=0
HitPeopleFelony=1
HitWallFelony=0
HitObjectFelony=1 -> stuff like posts and garbage cans.
DriveAgainstTrafficFelony=1
DriveOnSidewalkFelony=1
SpeedingFelony=1

SpeedLimit=60 -> in mph. Anytime a cop sees you driving faster than that - and if you have SpeedingFelony set to 1 - he'll start a pursuit.

PoliceCarCanDoFelonies=1 -> 1 means that if you're driving a police car you can do all sorts of traffic felonies and walk away with that. 0 means the cops will chase a police car like if it is a common car.

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

LCPDFR Moderation Supervisor

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

There is already something like this, called as "Traffic Felony". Or something similar atleast.

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:26 PM Edited by BR_Goianiense, 26 March 2011 - 03:43 PM.

QUOTE (Cpl.Dunn @ Mar 23 2011, 12:13)
There is already something like this, called as "Traffic Felony". Or something similar atleast.

Yes there is. This mod works a bit different, as you get a wanted level JUST IF A COP SEES YOU DOING THE FELONY.

Traffic Felony Mod gets you a wanted level even if no cops saw you doing the felony.

wink.gif

Edit: as pointed out by other users, Traffic Felony Mod gets you a blinking star if a cop doesn't see you commiting the felony, not a wanted level... So, the basic difference is that this mod just punishes you if a cop sees the felony, while Traffic Felony gives you a blinking star if a cop doesn't see it.

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

LCPDFR Moderation Supervisor

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

This is awesome! biggrin.gif

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

I am tempted with this, but this means i have to drive like my granma everywhere, all the time, even if theres someone coming after me whos trying to kill me haha, also does it work mp, cus although mp compatability is cool, would be annoying everyone else not having cops after them but i get one for jumping a red light, llike the mod tho!

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Nice improvment. You can also add (as I have already suggested to Hippiecommunist) the ability not to be wanted for all emergency vehicles (ambulance and firetruck apart from police cars). icon14.gif

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Mar 24 2011, 13:20)
Nice improvment. You can also add (as I have already suggested to Hippiecommunist) the ability not to be wanted for all emergency vehicles (ambulance and firetruck apart from police cars). icon14.gif

God yea good idea!

Is it possible to play as a paramedic like ya could in the old ones?
Possible mod? haha

nastynacho
  • nastynacho

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:00 AM Edited by nastynacho, 25 March 2011 - 06:17 AM.

<!--SS--> @BR_Goianiense <!--ES-->

Thanks a lot for making this mod. It works very well and the scripting is great. smile.gif

Very good job, I hope Rockstar hires you tounge.gif

One suggestion if I may, please add Which felony was committed

in the Display message where it says Traffic Felony Spotted/Not Spotted

Thanks icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

EX. Red Light Blown

EX. Speeding

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (BR_Goianiense @ Mar 23 2011, 08:26)

Yes there is. This mod works a bit different, as you get a wanted level JUST IF A COP SEES YOU DOING THE FELONY.

Traffic Felony Mod gets you a wanted level even if no cops saw you doing the felony.

wink.gif

I don't think that's right.

I've been using Traffic Felony for over a year, and it only gives me a wanted level when a cop sees the felony. If there are no cops around, it just flashes one star for a few seconds to warn you that you're breaking the law.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (BR_Goianiense @ Mar 23 2011, 14:26)

wink.gif

No.
In Hippie's mod you get reported for driving like retard and cops come. If cops see you, you are wanted.
If you drive like a retard and get spotted immediately cause cop is near, you get wanted as well.

So no offence, Hippie's mod is like yours with 1 more option, adding some realism. It's not like you can ram 100 cars and nobody will report it.

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Mar 25 2011, 18:54)

wink.gif

I've been using Traffic Felony for over a year, and it only gives me a wanted level when a cop sees the felony. If there are no cops around, it just flashes one star for a few seconds to warn you that you're breaking the law.

Yes, you're right. Gotta update the info.

btw, do you know if Hippie's mod has speeding as a felony? What about police car being able to commit felonies?

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Pretty cool nice work, will try this now.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yes it does
And with police cars or helis theres no speed limit or anything.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:46 PM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 26 March 2011 - 09:57 PM.

QUOTE (BR_Goianiense @ Mar 26 2011, 07:35)
QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Mar 25 2011, 18:54)

wink.gif

Yes, you're right. Gotta update the info.

btw, do you know if Hippie's mod has speeding as a felony? What about police car being able to commit felonies?

Yeah, it has speeding. However, I'm not sure what the speed limit is, and you can't customize it.

These are the only INI options available for Traffic Felony (my settings, not the default ones):

DisplayFelonyMessages=0 - Show warning message after felony
DisplayDispatchMessages=0 - Show message when cops see felony
VehicleDamageFelony=1 - Give wanted level for crashing into other cars
PoliceTolerance=750 - How strict cops are, higher number = more relaxed cops
LookOutTime=10 - How long cops can spot you after you commit a felony (this isn't seconds, maybe it's milliseconds?)

So I like how your mod has options for all the different kinds of felonies. But I prefer to have them all enabled, which is how HippieCommunist's Traffic Felony mod is, so for now I'll stick with that. wink.gif

nastynacho
  • nastynacho

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

<!--SS--><!--SS--> @BR_Goianiense <!--ES--><!--ES-->

Thanks a lot for making this mod. It works very well and the scripting is great. smile.gif

Very good job, I hope Rockstar hires you tounge.gif

One suggestion if I may, please add Which felony was committed

in the Display message where it says Traffic Felony Spotted/Not Spotted

Thanks icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

EX. Red Light Blown

EX. Speeding

@AngryAmoeba

What is the difference of your prog compared to this one?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

@nastynacho

Well it's HippieCommunist's mod, not mine. I haven't tried this mod, but as far as I can tell, the main difference is the options in the INI.

With BR_Goianiense's Drive Felony, you can:
- Enable/disable each kind of felony
- Customize speed limit
- Turn off messages for felonies, but not for cops spotting you

With HippieCommunist's Traffic Felony, you can:
- Enable/disable only the felony for crashing into cars
- Customize how long you can be spotted after committing a felony, and how strict cops are
- Turn off messages for felonies and/or for cops spotting you

Another difference is that Traffic Felony is not being developed anymore, while this mod is still active and could have new features added.

nastynacho
  • nastynacho

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

idk I mailed him he didnt respond yet hope he combines all options smile.gif

nastynacho
  • nastynacho

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Also if another car hits you the police go after you sad.gif

Also they don't recognize yellow lights or legal right turns sad.gif

Don't know if it is engine or your mod but if you could fix those that would be sweet man P and TY. smile.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

Oh man, the legal right turns drive me crazy. That's definitely a problem with the game though. You'll notice that NPC cars never make right turns on red lights.

Another really annoying thing about traffic in GTA4 is that the stupid NPCs don't know how turning left works... For example NPCs going straight across the intersection will sit and wait for oncoming NPCs to turn left... That's not how it works in real life.

nastynacho
  • nastynacho

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Mar 29 2011, 01:44)
Oh man, the legal right turns drive me crazy. That's definitely a problem with the game though. You'll notice that NPC cars never make right turns on red lights.

Another really annoying thing about traffic in GTA4 is that the stupid NPCs don't know how turning left works... For example NPCs going straight across the intersection will sit and wait for oncoming NPCs to turn left... That's not how it works in real life.

It's not as bad as ARMA Drivers but they are pretty dumb drivers smile.gif

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:57 AM Edited by methodunderg, 31 March 2011 - 11:38 AM.

Can you put cops on the radar @ all times ? So we can see more easily if cops are around us before we decide to run the red light smile.gif

EDIT:

After testing, these are a few suggestions..

1. Add in drive-bys
2. Jacking a car in traffic
3. Jacking a parked car

^^ If you can add those 3 in; just for the sake of having 'been seen by a cop'

Can you remove the 'Felony not spotted' message ? Really annoying. And have the felony that was spotted as a message ? "Ran red light". If you are caught speeding, maybe show how fast you are going in the message ?

Maybe add a witness function in; where if there are no cops, then a ped can call in the cops on there cellphone. If you can kill the ped within a time-limit; then the cops will not come. Just like ToonSkull's RealCop mod for San Andreas.

And a police tolerance level like in HippieCommunists mod smile.gif

Awesome script mate, love it inlove.gif

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Mar 31 2011, 09:57)
Can you put cops on the radar @ all times ? So we can see more easily if cops are around us before we decide to run the red light smile.gif

EDIT:

After testing, these are a few suggestions..

1. Add in drive-bys
2. Jacking a car in traffic
3. Jacking a parked car

^^ If you can add those 3 in; just for the sake of having 'been seen by a cop'

Can you remove the 'Felony not spotted' message ? Really annoying. And have the felony that was spotted as a message ? "Ran red light". If you are caught speeding, maybe show how fast you are going in the message ?

Maybe add a witness function in; where if there are no cops, then a ped can call in the cops on there cellphone. If you can kill the ped within a time-limit; then the cops will not come. Just like ToonSkull's RealCop mod for San Andreas.

And a police tolerance level like in HippieCommunists mod smile.gif

Awesome script mate, love it inlove.gif

If he adds the pedestrian thing, what happens when you kill the pedestrian that sees you (bear in mind you have to do that EVERY TIME) what do you do to the ones that saw you kill them?!

That would essentially cause massacres and cops anyway

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

I like the witness idea, except the part about killing them. Sounds like fun at first, but I agree with XXLpeanuts on that one.

But if peds could just report you to the cops, that would add a nice element of realism. Maybe the odds of being reported could increase if you commit a lot of felonies in a short time.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

I've got the 'witness' mod in my SA.
It works extremely well; as criminals/gangs/hookers etc dont nark on each other; so they will never be witnesses.

Some other people do like to mind their own business though; so its a 60% chance of a witness seeing it etc.
Also, witnesses can be drivers in cars etc; so chasing up to them and killing them before they ring the cops is sometimes a challenge in itself.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

YES YES YES - FINALLY!
Thank you for this wonderful BUG FIX that the previous mod suffered from! smile.gif

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

How about a script with a speed limit key, like Mafia2. Press L and the maximum speed will be 30mph or even let the people choose the speed limit by writing it in the script file. It's pretty hard to press the fw button all the time to not to hit the gas to the floor and car starts to twitch like a newbie would sit behind the wheel of the training car.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

You can limit the speed in the .ini file. And it works well with SpeedoIV.

I know this is off-topic, but it does relate to this mod ..

I found a script the other day, that stopped the NPC's overtaking your car, when your in traffic stopped at the lights; but can't find it again, and am getting pissed off trying to drive normally, and get overtaken by an NPC. It disrupts traffic, and then they hit me, and then I've got cops on my ass again.

Anyone know of where I might find this ?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

@methodunderg

Found the thread: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=399852

The code is at the bottom of page 1.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for that.
Had to read up on the whole thread to see how to use it.. simple .vb file though smile.gif
Is this the best one out ? I read in the thread there was a few minor bug/glitches with it.

da_skillz
  • da_skillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:37 AM

Sweet mod.

What about if you commit traffic felony in presence of police:

1. You get 1 star and the cop will chase you within a time limit until you come to complete stop, but if you exceeded the time limit you get 3 stars.

2. When you come to complete stop within time limit, the cop then will walk up to your car to hand out a ticket, but If you run and evade when he is walking up to your car you will get 3 stars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users