» «
Photo

Wanted Vehicle 1.0

18 replies to this topic
BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:42 AM Edited by BR_Goianiense, 17 March 2011 - 12:19 AM.

By BR_Goianiense
Version: 1.0
Released: 03/16/2011

- If the cops chase you long enough during a pursuit they will note your vehicle's license plate number, making that vehicle wanted.

- Anytime you drive a wanted car near a cop long enough to let him read your plates, he'll start another pursuit.

- Go to a spray shop to get your plates changed.

- Needs HazardX's .net scripthook version 0.891 or later. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325

- xLiveLess or HazardX's YASIL. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658 (xLiveLess)

KNOWN BUGS
==========
None

INSTALLATION:
=============
Place the files WantedVehicle.net.dll and WantedVehicle.ini into the scripts folder within the game directory.

INI FILE:
=========
Change the values inside WantedVehicle.ini to control the mod behavior.

DisplayMessages=1 ---> 1 means a message will appear whenever a cop get your car's plates, 0 means it won't. P.S.: A message reminding you that you're in a wanted car will ALWAYS appear.
SecondsToWritePlate=3 ---> can go grom 1 to 10 seconds. Time necessary for a cop to write down you plate's number during a pursuit.
SecondsToReadPlate=5 ---> can go from 1 to 20 seconds. Time necessary for a cop to read your plate's number when you're driving a wanter car.
PoliceCarWanted = 1 ---> 1 means that if a cop sees you driving a police car he'll start a pursuit, 0 means he won't.

WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:07 AM

Yeah, first post! tounge.gif
This mod is awesome, it reminds me of Mafia II.
I'm using it on EFLC (TBoGT) and it works just great with the last scripthook.net.
I love how you allow us users to customize the time and stuff like that.
My only suggestion, for the next release use a cool WANTED logo or something better than the white text on the corner. Still, the essence of the mod is great. Good job man cookie.gif cookie.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Awesome. Really awesome. I'm about to try it out.

By the way, I use the 'smoke spliff' example script that comes with the .NET scripthook. I've tried to edit the script to give a wanted level when smoking near cops, but it was beyond me. Any chance you could PM me with some tips?

Gokaic
  • Gokaic

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

This mod is fantastic! Though I had 1 suggestion. Could you have it set so that if your previous wanted level was 3+, it would start you off with 2 stars? This would be great, since I'm sure if I killed a cop, and later they saw me, they'd put up much more of a chase! Thanks again!

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

How far away does a cop have to be to be able to read your plate ?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

A suggestion in your Drive Felony thread made me think of this...

It would be cool if peds could also report you to the cops. For example, if you steal their car, there could be a chance (like 60 to 90%) that they'll report the car as stolen, and when the police see your license plate you get a star.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:36 AM

A couple of times; I was in a 'wanted' vehicle, and exited it, and ran along the street, and a cop pulls around the corner, and suddenly I'm wanted? Can you fix this please ? It doesn't happen all the time; just sometimes.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Awesome mod! Thx!

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

you have great mods.i use all of your mods icon14.gif

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Apr 1 2011, 03:36)
A couple of times; I was in a 'wanted' vehicle, and exited it, and ran along the street, and a cop pulls around the corner, and suddenly I'm wanted? Can you fix this please ? It doesn't happen all the time; just sometimes.

Are you sure this is related to Wanted Vehicle mod? Couldn't it be the effect of other mods, like Weapon Arrest?

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

I bother you again.Add chance to be spotted when you drive an wanted vehicle.The cops don't check all plates of all the cars they see.
Every time when you are spotted ,you get three stars.If you make a felony and if you stay more then 3 seconds in a sight of cops, then you will get three stars instead of one star ,if the car is wanted.
I think is more realistic that way.Is an idea.

You can make wanted Niko.He changes his clothes and in that way ,escape of cops.
Is a similar game with that behavior.This is another idea for a new mod.I believe the game will be more interesting with that modifications.
Is my opinion.Anyway, you made a great work ,and i like more realistic GTA.

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

New version uploaded (the link will appear after approval from GTAGarage.com staff). tounge.gif

====================================================================================================
By BR_Goianiense
Version: 1.1
Released: 05/02/2011

- If cops chase you long enough during a pursuit they will note your vehicle's license plate number, making that vehicle wanted.

- Anytime you drive a wanted car near a cop long enough to let him read your plates, he'll start another pursuit.

- Go to a spray shop to get your plates changed.

- Needs HazardX's .net scripthook version 0.891 or later. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325

- xLiveLess or HazardX's YASIL. -> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658 (xLiveLess)

CHANGES SINCE LAST VERSION
==========================
v1.1
- Added 'minimum stars' option to set the minimum amount of stars you have to have to make a cop bother to register your plate.
- Added option to let you get the same amount of stars you had at the time cops were chasing you, instead of just 1 star.
- Added option to set an independent amount of stars for spotting you driving a police car.
- The mod now recognizes TBoGT police vehicles.

INSTALLATION:
=============
Place the files WantedVehicle.net.dll and WantedVehicle.ini into the scripts folder within the game directory.

INI FILE:
=========
Change the values inside WantedVehicle.ini to control the mod behavior.

DisplayMessages=1 ---> 1 means a message will appear whenever a cop get your car's plates, 0 means it won't. P.S.: A message reminding you that you're in a wanted car will ALWAYS appear.

SecondsToWritePlate=3 ---> can go grom 1 to 10 seconds. Time necessary for a cop to write down you plate's number during a pursuit.

SecondsToReadPlate=5 ---> can go from 1 to 20 seconds. Time necessary for a cop to read your plate's number when you're driving a wanter car.

RememberWantedLevel=1 --> 1 means that if you are spotted driving a wanted vehicle, you will get the same amount of stars you had when the plates were registered, 0 means you will get just 1 star in any case.

MinimumStars=1 --> can go from 1 to 4. This is the minimum amount of stars you have to have to make a police bother to register your plates.

PoliceCarWanted = 1 ---> 1 means that if a cop sees you driving a police car he'll start a pursuit, 0 means he won't.

PoliceCarWantedStars=1 ---> can go from 1 to 4. This is the amount of stars you will get for driving a police car (if PoliceCarWanted is set to 1).

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:08 PM Edited by gorgonut, 03 May 2011 - 02:11 PM.

Very nice improvment! Thanks for adding TBoGT vehicles! Also there are very good additions the "RememberWantedLevel" option since it makes it more realistic and the "MinimumStars" option since the maximum time of 20 seconds to read plate was too little time. As a result of this almost everytime that you stopped to a traffic light near a police car they would chase you (even for 1 star). Very good! icon14.gif

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Also I forgot to mention that you have to include the BoGT police vehicles to your Drive Felony mod in order to be completed.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

New post; I visited a pay n spray in order to loose my wanted level but the message indicated that I was driving a wanted car was still there and indeed it was. When cops show me, after some seconds they chased me again. (v.1.1. of the mod).Also would it be posiible to put a customization for the time that cops need to read your plate (without time limitation or from 1- 60 seconds) so that we can customise it as we like?
Thanks

BR_Goianiense
  • BR_Goianiense

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ May 9 2011, 13:54)
New post; I visited a pay n spray in order to loose my wanted level but the message indicated that I was driving a wanted car was still there and indeed it was. When cops show me, after some seconds they chased me again. (v.1.1. of the mod).Also would it be posiible to put a customization for the time that cops need to read your plate (without time limitation or from 1- 60 seconds) so that we can customise it as we like?
Thanks

Were you driving a police, ambulance, firetruck or taxi? Because Pay'n'Spray don't touch those cars.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

I tested again. Indeed when you are driving a taxi the wanted lavel can't be erased after you vist a pay n spray. But taxis can be painted in pay n spray (unlike police cars). Furthermore with your Kidnapping mod highjack a taxi is the most easy way to get a person for kidnapping so I think that you should make the wanted lavel erasable for taxis (taxi, taxi2, cabby) too. Thanks icon14.gif

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Is there any way to change the fonts in the notifications which appear and make them the default ones?

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

BR_Goianiense, great mod.

I'm not sure if you're still interested in working on this mod, but like AngryAmoeba said, a chance to get the plate reported after a car jacking would be great, along with the small possibility of any car we steal might be a wanted vehicle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users