Photo

March Madness 2011 Discussion

42 replies to this topic
Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Well March Madness is days away. Who do you think wins it all? Ohio State, Kansas, Duke, and Pitt are the 1 seeds.

ChossenOne
  • ChossenOne

Ditched!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

I don't want to be "that" guy, but...you spelled 'March' wrong biggrin.gif

I filled out my bracket.
Final Four:
Ohio State
UConn
Kansas
St. John's
I've got Kansas winning. I picked 'em last year and they dissapointed, but i'm sticking with 'em this year. biggrin.gif

St. John's are my cinderella. They beat alot of good teams and their bracket is weak as piss. I think they can get there.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

Well I tried to edit and it wouldn't let me fix the topic name.

Anyway I have Ohio State over Kansas.

St Johns is solid but idk about UConn. I mean they just played 5 games in 5 nights. You have to figure that Walker is gonna have an off game one of there days.

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Mar 15 2011, 12:59)

St Johns is solid but idk about UConn. I mean they just played 5 games in 5 nights. You have to figure that Walker is gonna have an off game one of there days.

Sort of off topic but Kemba Walker is absolutely disgusting, he has Wade like slashing abilities. He's gonna tear it up in the NBA I think.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Mar 16 2011, 03:57)
QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Mar 15 2011, 12:59)

Sort of off topic but Kemba Walker is absolutely disgusting, he has Wade like slashing abilities. He's gonna tear it up in the NBA I think.

I totally agree lol. I've watched him all year and he has pretty much put UConn on his back the 2nd half of the season and carried them. He will be a stud in the NBA. Federrete for BYU and Sullinger for Ohio St along with Harrison Barnes for North Carolina also look like Future NBA players.

Anyway I scratched my first bracket and I filled out my bracket completely and I have OSU winning the East, Texas winning the West, Notre Dame winning the Southwest, and Pitt winning the Southeast. Then I have OSU over ND for the Title.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:05 AM

I filled out seven brackets (Yeah, I'm that kind of person) and my primary bracket's Final Four are:
Ohio State
Louisville
San Diego State
Pittsburgh

I'm a little shaky on Pittsburgh especially but I have them playing St. John's in the Elite Eight and since St. John's might lose one of their best players of the tournament, that could give them the advantage over them. I think Kansas is a fake, I'm not exactly sure but I don't believe they can beat Notre Dame or Louisville and I bet they'll have problems with UNLV in the second round.

What made that UConn dilemma hard to figure out is that the five games in five days thing might tire them out, and then again, it might not and also, the selection committee gave them a huge break because Cincinnati is a fake to me as well, they scheduled cupcakes out of conference and got the same #6 seed line like St. John's did and I don't believe they're nearly as good as St. John's. Missouri down the stretch has been terrible too.

San Diego State could be a good one too, I love teams that play a lot on the road which big power 6 conference teams don't like to do and since no one will technically play at home in the tournament, I think it'll give this team an advantage. The Mountain West is more top heavy than the ACC, but not as deep, I wouldn't be surprised if they go all of the way.

On an unrelated note, what got me is that I saw Michelle Beadle's bracket on the ESPN challenge and I was stunned how she picked every good mid-major team to get knocked out by the round of 32 which blows my mind. San Diego State to be knocked out by Penn State? Lol. But if it ends up being true, eh.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

@ Rashon: 7 Brackets? Lol I have 3, but the funny thing is, is that I have the exact same Final Four as you do in one of my 3 brackets. Its not my primary one though.

Anyway Idk why everyone is so shaky on Pitt. They absolutely dominated the Big East early on and fell off a tiny bit near the end but still won the the Big East. I think their early exit in the Big East Tournament has people confused. I think the early exit will have them rested and they are going to be hungry to prove the doubters wrong. They are in for a nice run if you ask me.

I totally agree with you on Kansas. I picked them to lose in the finals in one of my brackets but idk why everyone is rushing to crown them national champions. They play in a weak conference that has no one but Texas. St Johns is a scary team that has wins over Pitt and Notre Dame. How they got a 6 is beyond me. St Johns and ND is a safe Elite 8 pick. The bracket that gets me is the Southwest. Its hard to pick a winner out of Kansas, Purdue, Lville, and Vandy.

One team that does scare me and idk why no one is picking them is Duke. They destroyed UNC a week ago and are getting Irving back but are receiving no love at all. I have them losing second round but it may come back to bite me because Duke is a solid squad. I have SDSU winning the region but I'm not real gitty about it, but you are right about them. They play great defense and have good interior players.

About UConn, they are without a doubt a good team with a NBA caliber star but the Big East does not play defense like the Big Ten, ACC, or MWC so it will be interesting to see what happens when Kemba has an off game and has to rely on his teammates to score some buckets. I have them losing in the Sweet 16 but if they play well they are very dangerous.

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

Ohio State, Kansas, UConn, and Florida in the final four. Ohio St beating Kansas in the final.

My school just got beat by Temple, good game just got a lucky buzzer beater. There's actually been a lot of buzzer beaters so far in the tourney. Good thing I picked Temple over my school in the bracket anyway tounge.gif

JuVeNiLe
  • JuVeNiLe

Asshole By Nature

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

moreheade state to the ship!!!

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (JuVeNiLe @ Mar 17 2011, 22:53)

That game hurt really bad. I had Louisville in the final four.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Mar 17 2011, 19:25)
QUOTE (JuVeNiLe @ Mar 17 2011, 22:53)

That game hurt really bad. I had Louisville in the final four.

Same here, I never really saw it coming and I was puzzled why some predicted this as an upset just for the reason that both schools are in Kentucky but when I came home today, I was sure stunned that they got beaten. I had them in the Final Four in the majority of my brackets and had them as the national champion in one or two.

The games today are really good, though. A lot were down to the wire, would've wanted Gus Johnson to play-by-play at least one today so I can hear him lose his voice over the big shots.

ChossenOne
  • ChossenOne

Ditched!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:21 AM

Well, my bracket is f*cked. It'll be royally f*cked if Gonzaga keep their half time lead on St. John's up sad.gif

Kemba 18/8/12. Nearly got a triple doulble! The Wade comparison is on the money.

Louisville. DAMN! Just made Kansas's road a little easier biggrin.gif

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

St Johns losing also killed me, I had them in the elite 8. Through one day I am 10-6 with one bracket and 11-5 in the other. No upsets in the East or West regions but Kansas's region is looking very easy now.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Mar 18 2011, 13:29)
St Johns losing also killed me, I had them in the elite 8. Through one day I am 10-6 with one bracket and 11-5 in the other. No upsets in the East or West regions but Kansas's region is looking very easy now.

I was worried about St. John's going into the tournament without Kennedy.

Mason beat 'Nova - three Big East teams gone, shoot.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

Just got done watching the San Diego St game. I was sweating bullets but they got it done in the 2nd overtime. No upsets so far in 3rd round but a lot of good games.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (ChossenOne @ Mar 15 2011, 11:25)
I don't want to be "that" guy, but...you spelled 'March' wrong biggrin.gif

I filled out my bracket.
Final Four:
Ohio State
UConn
Kansas
St. John's
I've got Kansas winning. I picked 'em last year and they dissapointed, but i'm sticking with 'em this year. biggrin.gif

St. John's are my cinderella. They beat alot of good teams and their bracket is weak as piss. I think they can get there.

Gonzaga says "Hi" biggrin.gif

I'm doing decently. VCU screwed me. Bucknell and Belmont disappointed. I predicted Morehead State and Richmond. I also predicted the Louisville loss. I thought Michigan State was a safe pick over UCLA cause UCLA was arguably worse in a worse conference.

My final four is
Ohio State
Duke
Notre Dame
BYU

with OSU beating BYU in the Championship game.

If Texas beats Arizona and Illinois upset Kansas i'll stay perfect in the Top of the West and Southwest sections...

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

This has been a hell of a tournament for me. As a student at VCU it's been awesome to watch my team lay beatdowns on Georgetown and Purdue to make our first Sweet Sixteen appearance in school history, especially after the national media raked us over the coals for supposedly being undeserving of an at-large bid. Although pretty unlikely, it'd be great if we can get past FSU and if Richmond beats Kansas so my city's two schools could compete head to head for a Final Four berth.

My bracket is completely shattered this year, but I couldn't care less biggrin.gif

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (ass reamer @ Mar 22 2011, 17:24)
This has been a hell of a tournament for me. As a student at VCU it's been awesome to watch my team lay beatdowns on Georgetown and Purdue to make our first Sweet Sixteen appearance in school history, especially after the national media raked us over the coals for supposedly being undeserving of an at-large bid. Although pretty unlikely, it'd be great if we can get past FSU and if Richmond beats Kansas so my city's two schools could compete head to head for a Final Four berth.

My bracket is completely shattered this year, but I couldn't care less biggrin.gif

I gotta give props to VCU. I almost picked them over Georgetown but i didnt tounge.gif..

i did however pick Richmond to be a HUGE Cinderella and make it to the Final Four.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Mar 22 2011, 18:45)

My bracket is completely shattered this year, but I couldn't care less  biggrin.gif

I gotta give props to VCU. I almost picked them over Georgetown but i didnt tounge.gif..

i did however pick Richmond to be a HUGE Cinderella and make it to the Final Four.

I think the clock strikes Midnight on Richmond against Kansas.

OSU/Kentucky and Duke/Arizona should be good.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Mar 23 2011, 15:49)
QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Mar 22 2011, 18:45)

My bracket is completely shattered this year, but I couldn't care less  biggrin.gif

I think the clock strikes Midnight on Richmond against Kansas.

OSU/Kentucky and Duke/Arizona should be good.

meh you never know. They've pulled a couple upsets already.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

I had VCU winning the National Championship. sly.gif

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (I Love Anna Kournikova @ Mar 27 2011, 15:51)
I had VCU winning the National Championship. sly.gif

Haha, I'd like to see proof there.

Man, VCU has been really outstanding. I knew they could make noise in the tournament but I didn't know they'd get this far. There was this message going to my head that wanted me to pick VCU to go to the Sweet 16 if they won the First Four game, but even with that, I'd still be short on them going to the Final Four. It's something because if this were last year, VCU wouldn't even be in the tournament. They'd be the first one or two out of it if there wasn't the 4-team expansion.

They dominated Kansas throughout the game and the only team to really do that to Kansas all season was Texas. To lead by as much as 17 and to beat them by 10 shows that all of the critics that were getting worked up over them being in were dead wrong, but in the end, I bet VCU appreciates it because they wouldn't have had that fire to keep going if they didn't want to prove them wrong. Honestly, now that they've beaten teams like Kansas, Purdue, and more, there isn't a reason why they can't win the National Championship.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:38 AM

I had Kentucky and Kansas in National Championship, with UConn and Butler in the final four. I am very impressed with VCU, had them knocked out in the first round.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

Sorry I don't know how. wink.gif

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

Article on VCU's run
QUOTE (Gregg Doyle from the article)
Sunday wasn't about Kansas.

It was about VCU, because VCU is the team calling the shots, the team hitting the shots, the team moving on to the Final Four in Houston -- where anyone who picks against VCU to win the national championship is someone who hasn't been paying attention.

biggrin.gif
Richmond was a madhouse after the win yesterday, people were parading through the streets by the thousands. The city's never seen anything like this. For those who don't realize it, Richmond is a tiny city (200,000 people, about 35,000 of which are VCU students) with no professional sports teams and no nationally-recognized collegiate sport successes prior to this, so this is really something special here. I'm beyond excited to be a part of it.

I don't want to get cocky and say we're going to take home the title, but with the way we've manhandled Purdue and now Kansas, it's hard to see another team stopping us.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Wow what an unpredictable final 4. I'm taking VCU over UConn in the Championship. I cannot believe that a few weeks ago VCU was being criticized for being in the field of 64 and hell they even played a game to get into the field of 64. I don't think there has ever been a cinderella like VCU. Definitely rooting for them to defy the odds and win the whole thing!

ChossenOne
  • ChossenOne

Ditched!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

I guess i'm gonna stick with UConn. Sure...only a couple weeks ago I had them losing in the championship game, but they're the only team I have left.
I'll take UConn over VCU in the championship game.
I don't Butler can defend the Rams. Too fast.

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

Well Butler got away with another run to the Finals.

Jesus'En'Hitler420
  • Jesus'En'Hitler420

Suck on that missle cock

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

Welp... VCU down.

edit: posted at the same time as last one

GerryM
  • GerryM

Busy

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Ok its UConn Vs Butler.

my bet goes to Butler due to their good plays and last year's experience. But who knows UConn may put a "curse" preventing Butler a NCAA Championship.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users