Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto: The Albanian Tale

89 replies to this topic
The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:03 PM Edited by StoneHead37, 01 April 2011 - 10:58 PM.

user posted image

Theme Song
Boxart
Screenshots: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7

user posted image
The Albanian Tale is the newest DLC that runs parallel to Grand Theft Auto IV's storyline. You see Liberty City through the eyes of Betim Valdron, a high-ranking member of the Albanian Mafia. Betim and his acquaintances: Bledar Morina, Kalem Vulaj and Dardan Petrela have tried to expand the mafia, but have been stopped by a few of their rivals: the Petrovic Family, the Pegorino's and the McReary's. In a successful attempt to rip off all three of their rivals, Betim is hit with some shocking news that alters his life for the worse. He is now on the run from the police, families and nutorious gangsters. Can he manage to keep the Albanian Mafia alive and also... save his life?

user posted image
Major Characters
Betim Valdron
The thirty-three year old protagonist of the game and second-in-command of the Albanian Mafia operation in Broker. Betim is known for his knack of extortion, loan-sharking and blackmailing. He also knows how to make a good decision and the perfect moment. Betim does not have much except a dingy, dirty-filthy safehouse in Firefly Island, Broker. The safehouse itself has a cheap television set, a lumpy mattress and dart board. Anyway, after Betim's life is turned upside down after his allies Bledar, Kalem and Dardan are reported dead, he begins to find himself in a rut. Hits by various families are put on him as he tries to save his own life as long as his Albanian Mafia.

LCPD Database: Extortion - 2005, Assault - 2007

Dardan Petrela
The thirty-three year old leader of the Albanian Mafia operation in Broker and friend of Betim. Dardan does not care about laws or the safety of others as he uses his punishing skills to his advantage. He occassionally tells Betim how he is "squeezing" money out of this Serbian cab depot owner, Roman Bellic. Dardan later dies about a half through the storyline.

LCPD Database: Assault - 2006, Extortion - 2007

Bledar Morina
The thirty-one year old member of the Albanian Mafia and friend of Betim. Bledar is ruthless at times as he is quick to use his fists. Bledar boasts about how he is the 'best gangster Liberty City has ever known'. He later dies about a half through the storyline.

LCPD Database: Possession of Stolen Property - 2005, Extortion - 2007

Kalem Vulaj
The twenty-nine year old member of the Albanian Mafia, friend of Betim and younger brother to Dardan. Kalem is portrayed as very quiet and very intelligent. Bledar cracks jokes on how Kalem was going to be a lawyer until he found that loansharking was more his speed. Kalem dies about a half through the storyline.

LCPD Database: Extortion - 2006

Giovanni Ancelotti
The seventy-eight year old Don of the Ancelotti Family. Giovanni meets Betim through Dardan and sees a lot of potential in him. Giovanni is shown to be quite lazy but very strict. He does provide Betim some of his goons whenever he needs it and gives him some work too.

LCPD Database: Possession of Stolen Property - 1951, Extortion - 1952, Loansharking - 1955, Manslaughter - 1960, Racketeering - 2003

Anthony Prince
The fifty year old nightclub entrepreneur and owner of Maisonette 9 and Hercules. Gay Tony and Betim are introduced by Giovanni and have an amusing connection. Tony provides Betim with work that involves fetching him drugs and paying his loansharks off. Betim even receives a red Infernus from Gay Tony.

LCPD Database: Tax Evasion - 1985, Possession of Controlled Substance: Cocaine - 1996, Public Lewdness - 1999

Gracie Ancelotti
The thirty-one year old daughter of Don Giovanni Ancelotti. Gracie admits she has an attraction to Betim and she does almost have sex with him. Gracie provides Betim with work and even is the first to call after she is rescued from Patrick McReary by Luis Lopez.

LCPD Database: Possession of Controlled Substance: Cocaine - 2003, Driving While Intoxicated - 2007

Willy Valerio
The twenty-nine year old co-boss of the North Dominican Drug Dealers. Betim receives a call from Willy telling him to meet up in South Bohan. Willy shows a passionate side for life, but he does express anger and ruthlessness. Willy later becomes Betim's friend and informs him about the deaths of Bledar, Kalem and Dardan.

LCPD Database: Grand Theft Auto - 1998, Possession of Controlled Substance: Marijuana - 2003, Assault - 2005

Frank Garone
The thirty-one year old Capo of the Ancelotti Family. He is introduced to Betim by Giovanni and immediately sees him as a key to success. Frankie blackmails Betim into doing hard and risky jobs for a low sum of money. After talking out a crack den for Frankie, Betim phones him but to no reply (indicating that Frankie is dead).

LCPD Database: Manslaughter - 1995 and 1997, Racketeering - 2006

Charles Matteo
The sixty year old underboss of the Ancelotti Family. Chubby Charlie meets Betim through Frankie and has a business oppurtunity for him. He asks Betim to do jobs that are unusual (you'll learn more once the missions are posted) and is later reported dead on a Weazel News report.

LCPD Database: Loansharking - 1964, Murder - 1966, Manslaughter - 1982, Racketeering - 2001

Minor Characters
Michael Munson
The crooked bodyguard of Giovanni Ancelotti.

Bobby Jefferson
The former Secretary of Security Enforcement.

Jeff the Cuckold
A paranoid Angina patient with a drug addiction.

user posted image
In case of error, scroll down page until selected mission is found.

#Mission NameMission Giver
1Serve To ProtectN/A
2Quick LipsDardan Petrela
3Crippling SchottlerDardan Petrela
4Sleeping With The FishesGiovanni Ancelotti
5HeatwaveGiovanni Ancelotti
6A Picture's Worth A Thousand WordsFrank Garone
7CryingGiovanni Ancelotti
8Surprise, SurpriseCharles Mateo
9Monkeys In A BarrelDardan Petrela
10Close EncounterGiovanni Ancelotti
11High Tides And Green GrassFrank Garone

user posted image
Melee
Crowbar

Pistols
Colt Revolver

Shotguns
Battle Shotgun

Sub Machine Guns
Tactical SMG

Assault Rifles
Commando Rifle

Sniper Rifles
Explosive Sniper

Throw
Tear Gas
Satchel Charge

user posted image

Sports Cars and Supercars
Bullet GT
Enduro
Stingray

Muscle Cars and Vintage
Huxable

Two-Doors and Hatchbacks
Delante

Motorcycles
Hmartszku

Boats and Water Vehicles
Cruiser

Aircrafts
Skypilot

user posted image
Eating
Eating any sort of meal found ingame will result in Betim's health rising 50%.

Drinking
Drinking will impair Betim's vision and cause him to walk slowly and limp. Drinking can also do slight damage to Betim's health.

Bowling
Bowling can only be found in bowling alleys and cost $10 admission. Betim can play by himself, with a friend or in a community league.

Pool
Pool tables can be found at pool halls or lounges. Betim can play by himself or with a friend.

Darts
Dart boards can be found in lounges and bars. Betim can play by himself or with a friend.

Basketball
Basketball courts can be found all over Liberty City. Betim can play by himself, with a friend or in a community league.

Cabaret Club
Cabaret clubs show a variety of entertainers to keep Betim happy. Acts range from comedians to singers.

Strip Club
Strip clubs only appear in Alderney and Bohan. Admission costs $10 and a private dance sosts $50.

Swimming
Taking a dip in one of Liberty City's pools costs $15 admission. The more Betim swims, he will lose health slower and sprint for longer distances.

Ice Skating
Ice skating can be done with up to three friends. It is $15 admission and the more Betim skates, the less health he'll lose from falling.

user posted image
Drug Dealing
Betim has the option of doing side-missions for drug dealers. Drug dealers can be found in alleyways and subways, mainly at night. The dealers will either provide Betim with drugs and a contact to sell them to, or provide Betim with a location to steal drugs and return to the dealer. Either way, Betim will earn a reward, depending on how fast he can complete the mission. There are a total of 25 drug dealers scattered in Liberty City and Alderney. 5 in Dukes/Broker, 10 in Bohan, 10 in Alderney and 5 in Algonquin.

Car Jacking
Betim has the option of doing side-missions for car dealers. Car dealers can be found on sidewalks, mainly around dawn. The dealers will provide Betim with a location to steal a car and a contact to sell the car to. Betim will earn a reward depending on how fast he can complete the mission and how damaged the vehicle is. There are a total of 15 car jacking missions in Liberty City and Alderney. 5 in Dukes/Broker, 5 in Algonquin and 5 in Alderney.

Arms Dealing
Betim has the option of doing side-missions for arms dealers. Arms dealers can be found in alleyways, mainly at night. The dealers will either provide Betim with weapons and a contact to sell them to, or provide Betim with a location to steal weapons and return to the dealer. Either way, Betim will earn a reward, depending on how fast he can complete the mission. There are a total of 20 arms dealers scattered in Liberty City and Alderney. 5 in Dukes/Broker, 5 in Bohan, 5 in Algonquin and 5 in Alderney.

user posted image
K109 The Studio
DJ: Robin Gibb (member of the Bee Gees)
Genre: Disco

Bee Gees - Staying Alive
KC and the Sunshine Band - Boogie Shoes
The Trammps - Disco Inferno
Lipps Inc - Funkytown
Kool & the Gang - Celebration
Rolls Royce - Car Wash
Stax - Respect
Tavares - More Than a Woman
Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Vickie Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around

WKTT Radio (We Know The Truth)
DJ: N/A
Genre: Conservative talkshows, Comedy

Mike and Fitz
Michael "Mike" Hale and Mark "Fitz" Fitzgerald perform a comedy show over the radio. Their bits consist of joking about women, relationships, money, assets and cars. A parody of Wayne and Shuster.

Brunch in Vinewood
"JJ" Jimmy Jonas provides a morning talkshow and as guests such as Cloe Parker, Tony McTony, The Blues Brothers and a few others. A parody of Breakfast in Hollywood.

CNT Radio Workshop
Linda Derman and Tom Zeckerman provide a talkshow and a weather broadcast over the radio. They always have two speical guests perform silly yet comical quests. A parody of The CBS Radio Workshop.

A Day with the Jury
Judge Drew Billings hosts trials with a defendant and plaintiff and a jury. He and the jury decide on a form of punishment for the loser to suffer. A parody of A Date with Judy.

Liberty City Hardcore
DJ: Tommy Iommi (guitarist of Black Sabbath)
Genre: Hardcore punk, Death metal

Black Sabbath - N.I.B.
Metallica - Master of Puppets
The Beatles - Helter Skelter
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Rainbow - Stargazer
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Van Halen - Running With the Devil

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
DJ: John Bon Jovi (frontman of Bon Jovi)
Genre: Classic rock, Blues

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll
The Doors - Love Me Two Times
Janis Joplin - Cry Baby
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe
Elton John - Tiny Dancer
Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
Aerosmith - Dream On
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Creator and Publisher: StoneHead37
Boxart Designer: xpb
Radar and Header Creator: Narcis_speed6
Logo Creator: Rojo89
Special Thanks to Pedochu, Mati1051, Money Over Bullsh*t and Tycek for their advice.

STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS...

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:37 PM Edited by akavari112, 12 March 2011 - 11:40 PM.

Even though he is set up to look like it, I highly doubt Dardan was the "leader" of the Albanian mob. He was more of a small-time loan shark with his own little crew of bullies, Kalem and Bledar. That being said, I think those three guys are pretty insignificant and you shouldn't bother too much with them since they get killed really early on anyways. Instead you should just fabricate a handful of characters to comprise the real Albanian organization, the ones that set up connections with the Ancelottis and are at war with the McRearys.

If you got any information from GTAWiki, take it with a grain of salt since GTAWiki is pretty unreliable and gets messed around with a lot. Go to GrandTheftWiki instead. For example, you said Willy Valerio is the leader of the "Dominican Hard Heads" when the organization is actually called the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (or ND3 for short).

Anyways this isn't a bad start. I'm guessing it's your first concept? In that case I'd be glad to help you add on to this idea in the future. You should start by adding some more features like radio content and whatnot. Your weapons section doesn't make a lot of sense either, so I can hook you up with some weapon icons like everyone else has since that is pretty much the standard for a DLC concept now. Also I can get some screenshots of characters and locations for you if you tell me what you need.

Angel Avenue
  • Angel Avenue

Chimpanzee that monkey news.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Dude this is pretty good. But akavari's right, don't get involved with Dardan, Kalem and Bledar. You should change a few things.
Anyway, I'd like to see how the story will unfold smile.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

Your character should have an appearance in the main games. Check out the So You Want To Make A DLC? topic for ideas. colgate.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Mar 12 2011, 23:45)
Your character should have an appearance in the main games. Check out the So You Want To Make A DLC? topic for ideas. colgate.gif

There aren't any Albanians in the game except for Dardan and his gang. So it's not like he really has a choice but to make a brand new character.

Angel Avenue
  • Angel Avenue

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

There's really nothing wrong with creating a new character. Just make sure you give him the right personality smile.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. For the character, only Dardan, Kalem and Dardan were mentioned and they were all killed so I was pretty much forced to create a new character. Akavari I will follow your advice. I do have radio stations, but I had to go out so I saved it for later. According to Grand Theft Wiki, Dardan IS the leader of the Albanians.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Mar 13 2011, 01:35)
According to Grand Theft Wiki, Dardan IS the leader of the Albanians.

No, but he's the closest thing to a leader they ever revealed to us. He's just a petty loan shark. The real leader of the Albanian mob would be a much more wealthy and dangerous man imo, something along the lines of Mikhail Faustin.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Mar 13 2011, 01:46)

No, but he's the closest thing to a leader they ever revealed to us. He's just a petty loan shark. The real leader of the Albanian mob would be a much more wealthy and dangerous man imo, something along the lines of Mikhail Faustin.

Oh okay I catch your drift. Anyway, do you like the storyline and characters?

ratatat
  • ratatat

I smell a rat.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

This is AMAZING. Seriously, stonehead. I really like the headers and the boxart hehe. I've seen this in your sig for a while and it was totally worth it; you've blown my mind. Hey, maybe check out mine for some advice? Haha seriously I don't want to spam your topic or self-promote myself, but seems like you have some experience? Well this is great, bravo.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:37 AM

This topic is nice man. Great work. icon14.gif

ratatat
  • ratatat

I smell a rat.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:40 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I believe since it's a DLC, the title should be Grand Theft Auto IV: The Albanian Tale instead of just Grand Theft Auto: The Albanian Tale.

If you want to change it (you don't have to) just tell K^2 or Ryan or some other mod to please change it.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (ratatat @ Mar 13 2011, 04:40)
Sorry for the double post, but I believe since it's a DLC, the title should be Grand Theft Auto IV: The Albanian Tale instead of just Grand Theft Auto: The Albanian Tale.

If you want to change it (you don't have to) just tell K^2 or Ryan or some other mod to please change it.

You know, I have been thinking of it is Grand Theft Auto IV: The Albanian Tale or simply Grand Theft Auto: The Albanian Tale. I think I am correct because they actual DLC's do not say IV in their titles.

ratatat
  • ratatat

I smell a rat.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:43 AM

Whatever you say, chief biggrin.gif

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

it is not Dragunov sniper rifle. And some other are wrong.

Angel Avenue
  • Angel Avenue

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hey and by the way, don't you need some reserved posts ?

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Mar 13 2011, 04:41)
QUOTE (ratatat @ Mar 13 2011, 04:40)

You know, I have been thinking of it is Grand Theft Auto IV: The Albanian Tale or simply Grand Theft Auto: The Albanian Tale. I think I am correct because they actual DLC's do not say IV in their titles.

Eh, I beg your pardon.
user posted image

Angel Avenue
  • Angel Avenue

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

^Yeah, but...

user posted image

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

Best I've seen in a while. Congrats wink.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

It's a good start I suppose. Try to update It soon man icon14.gif

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

An interesting idea. Let's wait and see what you make out of it.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Well according to the game itself, he obviously isn't. What do you trust?

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

]Boxart[/URL]

bored.gif

Anyways, it's not bad. Keep it up icon14.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

The positive feedback really makes be feel good. Thanks guys icon14.gif . I promise to update all next week and hopefully post the first three missions or so.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Mar 13 2011, 22:54)
The positive feedback really makes be feel good. Thanks guys icon14.gif . I promise to update all next week and hopefully post the first three missions or so.

Cool. What will be involved In the missions/

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:41 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 14 March 2011 - 03:03 PM.

This looks good so far man and has a lot of potential to be a great topic if done well. I think 44 is a little old for a protagonist though since the supposed leader of the Albanian mob is in his 30s.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

Kosovo is Serbia!!!

On-topic: I was thinking about this, what about your protagonist's brother has been killed in Bosnian Wars by Niko Bellic and now your protagonist want to find him or something like that... Niko would have bad memories with protagonist's brother and maybe when the credits roll (after your last mission) a cutscene shows Niko speeding in his car, he saw your protagonist somewhere while he's driving and he would have an accident and this would bring more shadow to Niko's future in Liberty City, no one will know if he's dead or not. (would be possible only if your last mission gonna be after Niko's story). Use or change this idea if you want. Like it? icon14.gif icon13.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 14 2011, 07:08)
The positive feedback really makes be feel good. Thanks guys  icon14.gif . I promise to update all next week and hopefully post the first three missions or so.

The opening missions involve extorting, loansharking and blackmailing other Liberty City inhabitants.
The middle missions involve the protagonist adjusting to the idea that he now has to carry the Albanian Mafia on his shoulders now that the Petrela gang are now dead.
The closing missions involve the protagonist silencing gangsters and crooked cops that ripped him off around the middle of the game and earning his revenge.

Angel Avenue
  • Angel Avenue

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Mar 14 2011, 21:23)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 14 2011, 07:08)
The positive feedback really makes be feel good. Thanks guys  icon14.gif . I promise to update all next week and hopefully post the first three missions or so.

The opening missions involve extorting, loansharking and blackmailing other Liberty City inhabitants.
The middle missions involve the protagonist adjusting to the idea that he now has to carry the Albanian Mafia on his shoulders now that the Petrela gang are now dead.
The closing missions involve the protagonist silencing gangsters and crooked cops that ripped him off around the middle of the game and earning his revenge.

Sounds good smile.gif

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 14 2011, 13:41)
This looks good so far man and has a lot of potential to be a great topic if done well. I think 44 is a little old for a protagonist though since the supposed leader of the Albanian mob is in his 30s.

I think old protagonists are cool because they would have a bit more of experiance in crime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users