GTA on vista or windows 7 - help!

2 replies to this topic
nivekje
  • nivekje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi all,

While playing GTA IV the other day I got a sense of nostalgia and decided to go play one of the old school GTA games, so I went to the rockstar site and downloaded the original GTA.

Sadly tho if I extract it and click the setup.exe nothing happens, I've tried this both on my laptop that runs Vista and on my main PC that runs windows 7, neither of them will have any of it, doesn't matter in what compatability mode I put it, it just won't run it.

Anyone else tried putting GTA on vista and/or windows 7 that can help me figure this out as I'm very much in the mood to play this old version of the game considering how much fun i've had with it.

I haven't tried GTA2 yet but I prefer the original GTA.

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

I know this is old and it probably won't help you, but I have Windows 7 (32-bit) and nothing in particular was required to install the games GTA & GTA2. But there was no file named setup.exe, the installers were named GTAINSTALLER and GTA2INSTALLER, respectively. No compability mode. You might want to run as administrator though.

Brownbrother21
  • Brownbrother21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

I'm having the same problem, not sure what to do. downloaded game from official website. ran 'gtainstaller'. once files are extracted, nothing happens. not sure how to get it to even install.

please help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users