National Football League 2011-2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic
Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

I like bagels. They're better than you.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Senex Iunior @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 18:16)
BIG BLUE WRECKIN' CREW. Now it's time for Cindarella to run home. tounge.gif ALEX SMITH GONNA GO TO THE SUPERBOWL, YA'LL- and believe me, never thought I'd say that.

You and me both. Pretty much all the Niner fans here in SF hated Alex Smith so much, that people used to criticize him if he wore the wrong clothes to a press conference. Now all the haters have finally shut up, and I have a strong feeling that we're going to the Super Bowl, which may very well end up as the Harbowl Part II.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

I think the NFC west is turning into the new NFC East. It'll be interesting to see Seattle and San Fran duke it out.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:07 PM Edited by Xboxless, 16 January 2012 - 03:11 PM.

f*cking TJ Yates and jacoby jones!

The Texans dominated the Ravens on offense and defense, but Jacoby decided to be stupid and I don't even know what Yates was thinking.

Next year though, we will dominate! The group we have now plus a draft and even more time for the defense to learn the playbook. We may lose Mario though unless he takes a major hometown discount. I know Arian Foster will.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:10 PM Edited by Funktipus, 16 January 2012 - 04:14 PM.

QUOTE (SPMovies @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 02:21)
So happy my Giants won biggrin.gif Stayed with them all year long, predicted they would reach playoffs before season, and predicted them to reach Superbowl just before playoffs(Not preseason though.) They caught heat at the right time, Im loving it!

Just shows what getting healthy at the right time can do. With Osi and Tuck, our pass rush is ferocious. I was concerned about the secondary, but they manned up. And we have to give props to Boley.

Hakeem Nicks was a MAN on that field yesterday.

@Xboxless - go easy on Yates. A third-string QB going against the Ravens will have a tough day. With all the injuries they had, I give them credit for the way they fought. The future is bright for the Texans.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

http://sports.yahoo....-194804091.html

user posted image

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 16:10)
QUOTE (SPMovies @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 02:21)
So happy my Giants won biggrin.gif Stayed with them all year long, predicted they would reach playoffs before season, and predicted them to reach Superbowl just before playoffs(Not preseason though.) They caught heat at the right time, Im loving it!

Just shows what getting healthy at the right time can do. With Osi and Tuck, our pass rush is ferocious. I was concerned about the secondary, but they manned up. And we have to give props to Boley.

Hakeem Nicks was a MAN on that field yesterday.

@Xboxless - go easy on Yates. A third-string QB going against the Ravens will have a tough day. With all the injuries they had, I give them credit for the way they fought. The future is bright for the Texans.

I know it's just that we could have won, and I really wanted it. I still think TJ Yates could eventually be our starter. In two years after sitting under Matt Schaub I think he could be amazing.

I know the one thing I like about him over Schaub is his ability to avoid sacks. Matt just crumples Yates runs away.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Uggghhh, what a sh*t-tastic Sunday. I give the entire Giants team a lot of credit. They outplayed the Packers in every possible way. Good luck against the niners.

But I have to say, does anyone else hate Eli's face as much as I do? Every time I see him looking concerned on camera I just want to punch him.

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

Living in Vice Point since 2002

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

http://msn.foxsports...-victims-011612

Jeff Fisher just jumped up to number three on my all-time coaches' list.

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 12:59)
Uggghhh, what a sh*t-tastic Sunday. I give the entire Giants team a lot of credit. They outplayed the Packers in every possible way. Good luck against the niners.

But I have to say, does anyone else hate Eli's face as much as I do? Every time I see him looking concerned on camera I just want to punch him.

eli has the worst turnover face, so does matt ryan. when they start walking off the field and the camera zooms in on their face you can just see the disgust and disappointment. it's rather ugly.

heard a lot of the right things from jeff fisher at his presser today, i read that article as well. shows you what kind of person he is and the character that he has. i'm excited but i'm worried kroenke will wanna move the rams back to LA, someone brought it up and he basically said "we'll see".

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Xboxless @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 13:48)
I know it's just that we could have won, and I really wanted it.

I hear that - the NFL is such a 'now' league. You have to take advantage of your opportunities, because who knows what'll happen next year? With Schaub, I have no doubt Houston's playing in Foxboro.

With Peyton's future up in the air, I expect the Texans to come back with a vengeance as long as they avoid too many injuries.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Senex Iunior @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 14:41)
http://msn.foxsports...-victims-011612

Jeff Fisher just jumped up to number three on my all-time coaches' list.

Excellent. icon14.gif

I just wonder if he wished he would've waited for Caldwell to be fired so he could take the reigns in Indy.

AmyJones
  • AmyJones

ADVIL CHAMPION

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

I imagine the entire defensive line for baltimore is going to attack Brady's injured shoulder. Everyone actin like Brady wasnt injured at all, but honestly if he gets shut down and has to be benched the Pats are f*cked. Brian Hoyer couldnt possibly stand a chance as a secodary Qb.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

so feasibly if the Niners make the Superbowl the Seahawks could get five total players in the Probowl... FB Michael Robinson is already in with Earl Thomas but with Adrian Peterson (first alt) injured if the Niners go then Frank Gore cant play in the probowl along with the Niner's CB and Safety which would free up RB for Lynch, CB for Richard Sherman, and S for Kam Chancellor. Which i think would be the most Hawks in a Probowl since 2008.

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

There isn't a more heartbreaking way to lose a championship game then with a missed 32 yard fg. I was really pulling for Joe Flacco and his mustache to make the Super Bowl.
Dang.

Twang.
  • Twang.

memento mori, dead man's curve

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

That bums me out so much.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Hurray Giants! What an ending to playoffs. Both matches were excellent. Can't friggin wait for the Superbowl!

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

• Members

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

Well. sh*t. My Niners played well until the very end, just a costly mistake you can't make.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Special teams was the key to the game. And Eli did a great job in the face of the 49er pass rush. He was getting his ass kicked all night but he hung in there. If he wins another trophy, all the doubters will have to shut up.

What a game - felt like the 1990 NFC title game. I couldn't watch the FG - Tynes always makes me nervous.

MUCH respect to the San Francisco 49ers. I kept telling my homies, they are legit, well-coached & f-ing tough. They'll be around for awhile. I always considered them as big a rival to NY as Dallas, Philly and Washington. Lot of great playoff history between the two teams.

The rematch is on!

Kyle Williams and Billy Cundiff will be lucky to make it home tonight.

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

i had the ravens and niners winning yesterday.. what a heartbreaking sunday.

SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

All of my picks have been right this year in the playoffs icon14.gif 10-0, hopefully the Giants can make it 11-0 in 2 weeks smile.gif

Is it me, or does anyone else think the Giants should be favored by 3? Im shocked NE is favored by 3.5

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

As a fan of a rival NFC West team, i was supporting the Niners in the playoffs but to see what some of their fans did after that game on Twitter and other social media sites is absolutly atrocious and wholly rediculous. I used to respect the niners fanbase as a whole but after that fiasco of fan rage and really improper anger i dont think i'll be able to look at a niners fan the same way again. Totally disrespectful to their own player who had a great year and made one mistake that cost them the game.

http://www.sbnation....t-death-threats

Twang.
  • Twang.

memento mori, dead man's curve

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:31 AM Edited by Sakuya, 24 January 2012 - 06:34 AM.

I'm sure Cundiff is getting it worse.

Really disappointed with this turn out. A near perfect rematch from 4 years back. Ho hum. Suppose I'll watch it, though. Feels like a wasted season, somehow.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (SPMovies @ Monday, Jan 23 2012, 22:16)
Is it me, or does anyone else think the Giants should be favored by 3? Im shocked NE is favored by 3.5

I'm not, Tom Brady played more consistently than Eli, 3.5 points is fair given, even if the Giants were favored. icon14.gif

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm shamed to be a Niners fan. All of those death threats to Kyle Williams is absurd...

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:26 AM Edited by TUBBSthezombie, 25 January 2012 - 07:56 PM.

QUOTE (Nick Foster @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 01:52)
I'm shamed to be a Niners fan. All of those death threats to Kyle Williams is absurd...

I agree, as a Seahawks fan and an NFC West fan I was appauled by those comments. And whats more ridiculous is on one of the main attention grabbing tweets, the Tweeter's profile claims that he's a Christian. So not only is he misrepresenting Niners fans but also the Christian community. Just shameful.

Seahawks SS Kam Chancellor and CB Brandon Browner added to Probowl Roster. (the Niners Safety and CB cited injuries for withdrawal from Probowl)

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 05:31)
I'm sure Cundiff is getting it worse.

Really disappointed with this turn out. A near perfect rematch from 4 years back. Ho hum. Suppose I'll watch it, though. Feels like a wasted season, somehow.

Lee Evans deserves goat horns too. In that pressure situation, you HAVE to secure the ball. Can't let the defender knock it out of your hands.

And let's be honest, Harbaugh f*d up too. From what I've heard, Cundiff usually watches the scoreboard for down and distance. The Patriots
scoreboard operator had the scoreboard stating it was 2nd down. The Ravens teammates scrambled onto the field and Cundiff was off to the other side watching the scoreboard and he was rushed by teammates that's why they were so disorganized. I kept saying why isn't Harbaugh calling timeout!? Damn, you can't have those screw-ups with a Super Bowl on the line. There's no guarantee you'll get in this position next season. It could have easily been the Harbaugh Bowl if both Baltimore & SF handled their business.

The look on Terrell Suggs face said it all. Those cats must be dying inside. The Ravens and their fans will be thinking about this for a long time.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Agreed. I felt really, really awful for those guys. Even as a die hard Cincy fan, I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for Baltimore's organization from Ozzie Newsome on down.

Dating back to the storied 2000 squad that laid waste to the league, their defense has always been littered with pro bowl talent. From Goose, Sam Adams and Mike McCrary to Ray and Peter Boulware, Chris McCallister and Rod Woodson...Newsome has stacked their D since the moment he was named GM back in 97(?). But at least those guys won it all.

Since then, they've always had top notch guys like Trevor Pryce, Bart Scott, Adalius Thomas, now Ngata, Suggs, etc. We're talking about legit game-changers here. But I really felt terrible for Ed Reed in particular. Dude has been cream of the crop for so long, and certainly one of the top 3 safeties to ever lace up the cleats. He deserves to get to the dance. And like you said, he may never get another chance. I remember a few years back after Baltimore got bounced from the playoffs, he talked about retiring...how it was tough to know you had the ability to win it all, and to get that close year after year...but still come up short. He's, hands down, my favorite player...so naturally I'd love for him stick around to take a shot at Krause's INT record. And hopefully, they can get him a trophy before he calls it a career.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Peyton Manning was cleared by doctors to return to NFL.

Peytongate continues. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users