National Football League 2011-2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic
KORNBREAD
  • KORNBREAD

Rookie

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:26 AM

Since the superbowl is going to be held in Indianapolis, IN(my hometown) I really want to see Peyton Manning lead the colts to the superbowl. Now that we've dropped bob sanders thats gotten rid of one cancer in our team.

I think it will be New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts at the 2012 superbowl... well at least i hope because i want to see New England get their as*ses handed to them

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Got my own theme music, plays wherever I are.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (KORNBREAD @ Mar 8 2011, 21:26)
I think it will be New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts at the 2012 superbowl... well at least i hope because i want to see New England get their as*ses handed to them

That won't happen because they're both in the AFC. The Super Bowl is the AFC's top seed vs. the NFC's top seed.

Also, we have an NFL topic right here: link

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Mar 9 2011, 02:50)

That won't happen because they're both in the AFC. The Super Bowl is the AFC's top seed vs. the NFC's top seed.

Not to nitpick but its actually the NFC's champion vs the AFC's champion.

and lol at OP.

KORNBREAD
  • KORNBREAD

Rookie

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

But they've both faced each other in the superbowl a few years back

KORNBREAD
  • KORNBREAD

Rookie

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Also, we have an NFL topic right here:

Yea but if you read the topic correctly its 2011 season predictions anyways so yea

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (KORNBREAD @ Mar 9 2011, 16:48)

But they've both faced each other in the superbowl a few years back

That was the AFC championship game. You probably missed it but two weeks later the Colts played in an even bigger game and won, that was the real super bowl. turn.gif

Inb4 there is no 2011 season.

KORNBREAD
  • KORNBREAD

Rookie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Mar 15 2011, 00:31)

No need to be arrogant...

And that isn't for sure... if there wasn't nobody would think about signing anyone and nobody would look for someone to sign them

Skins
  • Skins

Steal your face

• The Precinct

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

lol

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (KORNBREAD @ Mar 15 2011, 23:29)

And that isn't for sure... if there wasn't nobody would think about signing anyone and nobody would look for someone to sign them

With the lockout free agency i nullified and there would be no signing of draft picks.

The only Offseason this is the Draft and the coaching carousel.

The only the Draft would go on is because in the last CBA it had a clause that made sure the 2011 NFL Draft would go on.

Oh and the Lockout means no trades as well.

@Kornbread: you seem either A. Young and/or B. an idiot when it comes to NFL knowledge.

KORNBREAD
  • KORNBREAD

Rookie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Mar 17 2011, 07:59)

With the lockout free agency i nullified and there would be no signing of draft picks.

The only the Draft would go on is because in the last CBA it had a clause that made sure the 2011 NFL Draft would go on.

@Kornbread: you seem either A. Young and/or B. an idiot when it comes to NFL knowledge.

I would consider myself B... @ you no need to be a dickhead bout it

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (KORNBREAD @ Mar 18 2011, 01:40)
QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Mar 17 2011, 07:59)

I would consider myself B... @ you no need to be a dickhead bout it

Sorry i came across as a dick. I can be like that some times...

but also study up on the English cause you need help in that area tounge.gif jk...

But seriously read up on the NFL instead of talking out of your ass... it may be funny but it makes you look like an idiot.

JonMorocco
  • JonMorocco

Cigar King

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Even though Im not a fan of them, I think the Detroit Lions are gona do well for them selves this year. they had a major peak in performance at the end of the season, in addition they drafted Nick Fairley, who is an incredible defensive player. I would also like to see my Dolphins or especially my NO Saints go far.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:33 AM

First and foremost, the Giants better address special teams. I want Matt Dodge out of town. That Eagle game will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

In the USA here, can't help but catch the sports news, it follows after weather in every news cast. They're saying the Lockout agreement to end could come over the weekend or at week's end. Retired players are also happy, they indicate no problems moving forward if it's settled

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 09:28)
In the USA here, can't help but catch the sports news, it follows after weather in every news cast. They're saying the Lockout agreement to end could come over the weekend or at week's end. Retired players are also happy, they indicate no problems moving forward if it's settled

Yeah. According to ESPN the Owners have passed the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement and all thats needed now is an NFLPA vote to accept it then Free Agency will start three days later (cause the NFL wants to give teams some more time to resign current free agents).

I f*cking HOPE the players pass the damned thing... I'm craving football like a meth head craves meth tounge.gif

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

D. Smith was talking like the owners threw together a agreement... that the players really didn't put in on. So hopefully they come to the sense, today, and just agree to it. Everyone is getting paid way too much money anyways for this sh*t. 150 BILLION dollars these guys are fighting for, just pathetic. Plus in the agreement I have heard/read that they are getting rid of 'two-a-days' for health risk. wow.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 20:06)
According to ESPN the Owners have passed the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement and all thats needed now is an NFLPA vote to accept it then Free Agency will start three days later (cause the NFL wants to give teams some more time to resign current free agents).

I really hope the players say yes today. It is going to be crazy fun watching the free agent madness when it opens up.

Oh and it would also nice to see training camp(s) open up. I need me some football even if it is just the daily coverage of training camp we get around here.

On a more personal note; I'm not at all happy with the Eagles getting ride of David Akers. You'd think Andy Reid would have shown some family love for the guy.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 12:59)
D. Smith was talking like the owners threw together a agreement... that the players really didn't put in on. So hopefully they come to the sense, today, and just agree to it. Everyone is getting paid way too much money anyways for this sh*t. 150 BILLION dollars these guys are fighting for, just pathetic. Plus in the agreement I have heard/read that they are getting rid of 'two-a-days' for health risk. wow.

its actually 9 billion annually...

You probably mixed a couple other numbers. the NFL and NFLPA would lose 150 to 200 million ever preseason weekend and then more than that during the regular season.

Its understandable about the two a days thing... I remember a few years ago when a Vikings player collapsed and died during a two a day.

Its just the NFLPA doing its due diligence to help current, former, and future NFL players.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 03:58)
BaIts understandable about the two a days thing... I remember a few years ago when a Vikings player collapsed and died during a two a day.

Its just the NFLPA doing its due diligence to help current, former, and future NFL players.

It is apart of the job. I believe they shouldn't take it away, but atleast let the players who truly want to do that, to allow them to do so. It just seems NFL is getting soft, and as Bart Scott put it turning into "flag football".

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Eagles may want to sign Brett Favre; Vick would be ‘honored’

Please say it aint so.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (tripmills @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 10:52)

Please say it aint so.

God damn, Brett.

Growing up in Wisconsin and being a loyal Packers fan, it sucks so much to see an icon like him fall so hard. I just don't want to see him get seriously injured, the chances of which are increasing exponentially as the years tick by.

Also it seems like a lot of news outlets are saying the lockout is over!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Monday, Jul 25 2011, 19:56)
QUOTE (tripmills @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 10:52)

Please say it aint so.

God damn, Brett.

Growing up in Wisconsin and being a loyal Packers fan, it sucks so much to see an icon like him fall so hard. I just don't want to see him get seriously injured, the chances of which are increasing exponentially as the years tick by.

Also it seems like a lot of news outlets are saying the lockout is over!

It is! It is!

I honestly think Brett should go for a coaching job. Who wouldn't sign him. I never liked the Packers, but I have a lot of respect for them. Brett Favre needs to hang it up and stop playing for his own sake. His numbers aren't getting any better and although he has nothing to prove I believe he's only hurting himself by keeping this up. I know he loves the game but he doesn't have to completely leave. QB coach, Offensive coach, Offensive coordinator, it's all open for him.

Side Note: Lets Go Cowboys You Bunch of Bums Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

He probably would fit in really well with all of the sideline coaches and whatnot. He should go for that instead of trying to stay on the field, but, Brett is Brett.

P.S. Giants for life.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 17:01)
He probably would fit in really well with all of the sideline coaches and whatnot. He should go for that instead of trying to stay on the field, but, Brett is Brett.

P.S. Giants for life.

I'm not sure Brett has the needed discipline to be on a coaching squad. He is too much of a joker boy and all.

VShake, I would suggest that we do one of those 'wear the other teams jersey' bets, but since I imagine an Eagles jersey wouldn't cause much stir where you live I would be the one taking the greater risk - living in Philadelphia and all.

Camp starts for us tomorrow...I'm a wee bit excited.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

I think Favre would make a horrible coach. He was never really technically sound as a player, like, say...Peyton Manning is. His strengths as a player were never his technique, decision making or film study...all traits a player would certainly need in order to parlay into a good coaching career.

sh*t, Favre wasn't even a very good teammate by some accounts...and was a pariah by one or two. He barely hung out with his peers by the time he landed in NY and Minny. Plus he's had a hell of a lot of conflict with some of his head coaches, coordinators and so on. The guy was a tremendous player, but the characteristics that made him a great player don't necessarily align with traits of the great coaches. Maybe it's just me, but I really doubt that he'd do well as an authority figure.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:24 AM Edited by Xboxless, 27 July 2011 - 03:40 AM.

So, so far the good old Texans who I proclaimed would make it to the playoffs two years ago ( blush.gif ) have done nothing so far since the lockout besides pick up UDFAS.

Oh, I just learned that we resigned Rashad Butler, our pretty good swing tackle. That certainly delights me since our backups at tackle are a bit weak. Otherwise I think we have a decent o-line.

Duane Brown has slowly improved since his dreadful rookie season. Eric Winston has been generally solid, albeit he had a pretty less than mediocre season this last one.

WOAH! Some people are saying the Texans are leaders in the hunt for Nnamdi. I'm a little scared of that, first of all it's going to be a huge contract. I don't want to turn into a team like the Dan Snyder led Redskins.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:34 AM

Apparently the Giants are discussing possibly bringing Plaxico Burress back. Recently he stated that he had some issues with Tom Coughlin when he was with the team. I really hope that doesn't become a major deciding factor between the two parties if they decide to negotiate a contract, as I would love it if we got him back. I'd hate to see him end up in Philly, Dallas, Washington, New England, Pittsburgh or with the Jets.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Dallas dumped Roy Williams and Marion Barber. Donovan McNabb might be heading to Minnesota. Santonio Holmes signed a 5-yr. deal with the Jets. Matt Hasselbeck to the Titans, Donte Stallworth to the 'Skins. Giants cut Rich Seubert and Shaun O'Hara, and I saw the Plaxico story. I'm sure Coach Coughlin is thrilled with that. Giants front office is scared sh*tless of Burress going to one of their division rivals, Dallas, Philly or Washington. I'm scared too, especially if catches passes from Michael Vick.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

McNabb playing for the Vikings will make for an interesting NFC North. The Lions are also expected to be a serious contending force.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Man, I've been hearing that BSPN (ESPN) is REALLY trying hard to get a Nnamdi to jets thing going. The media is trying to get a person to go to a team, that's just f*cked up.

It's a terrible idea too, why would you boost a strongpoint of your team to completely ignore your offense. You offense that is lead by Mark Sanchez, need I say more?

So apparently it's Jets, 49ers and Texans in the race for Nnamdi. If we get him it's going to be all we get. I would rather get a a CB and FS tandem in FA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users