Photo

Seville Boulevard & Temple Drive Families

26 replies to this topic
Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

I never understood why Rockstar made it seem like Seville Blvd & Temple Drive started beefing with Grove Street Families and even went as far as attempting to assassinate the Grove OG Sweet, but outside of the missions everything is gravy and the other families are basically down with Grove Street Families. I understand that during the mission 'Reuniting the Families' all the families were supposed to truce back up, but even at the "trucing" everything goes wrong and the hotel is raided by SWAT. I think it would of been better if there were more missions showing the rivalry between the three families and how it escalated. I would of also had liked it if Rockstar had made Seville Blvd & Temple Drive families more hostile towards CJ. For example if you went in their turf, they'd ask you what "families" set you bang just as the other gang members ask you questions. Just my thoughts, what do you guys think ?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

If you listen close to what the NPCs say there are questions of "where you from", etc.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:59 AM

Well I interpret that as just generic voice-overs whenever CJ is not "representing his set" (or when he doesn't wear the GSF colors). Whenever I wear green clothes I always hear the homies commenting on how sharply dressed I am. tounge.gif

The Seville Blvd and Temple Dr Families were more or less a subplot to the more important tensions between the GSF, Ballas and Vagos so rivalries within the GSF weren't emphasized as much as the Ballas and Vagos' takeover of Los Santos. Also not emphasized by Rockstar were the different sets in the Ballas such as Rollin' Heights, Kilo Tray, Front Yard, and possibly others. Other than obscure references to the sets by the characters, the numerous different tags in Los Santos, and the rivalry between Grove Street sets, the factions within each gang don't appear often, and don't take on much of a pivotal role in the plot.

The following are textures extracted from the game of the tags that can be found in Los Santos (not sure about the Rifa one though):

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

It appears that Temple Dr may be related to either one of the Ballas or Grove since Sweet refers to them as the "Temple Drive Families" ("Families" possibly hinting their relation to Grove Street); however the tag shows "Temple Drive Ballas." The first time that the territories are unlocked also shows that both Grove Street and the Ballas occupy the Temple string of territories therefore Temple Drive may be two different sets in two different gangs.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:48 AM

I wish they used different models for the Temple Drive families and Seville Blvd families. Maybe the original GSF/extra GSF models. For example the hooded guy on the right:
user posted image
There is a bald guy too. You can mod the PC game to add these extra models to GSF gang but nonetheless I wish they were used somehow.

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

PS3 Stronk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

It could be done by modding, if we use the GANG 9 (UNUSED) slot for them and remove the GSF there... But it would be buggy.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

The "other" Green gang members are still in the game. They can be seen helping CJ and Sweet defend the Grove Street Cul-De-Sac after OG Locs party turns out to be lame.

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Raptomex @ Mar 8 2011, 02:48)
I wish they used different models for the Temple Drive families and Seville Blvd families. Maybe the original GSF/extra GSF models. For example the hooded guy on the right:
user posted image
There is a bald guy too. You can mod the PC game to add these extra models to GSF gang but nonetheless I wish they were used somehow.

Yea it would of been awesome if they used different skins for each different set. I think I'm going to try it out with the unused gangs and install that beta hoody grove member.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

The real reason why the beef between Grove Street and Serville Boulevard wasnt focused on much is because it was never as crazy as Grove Street Families VS Ballas. Plus you gotta remember that GSF, TDF, and SBF were all in different parts of the city so that beef never led to day-to-day fighting like how Grove Street is constantly confronted by Ballas. At the end of the day, we're all Families and whatever beef there was, ended in 1992/1993. Each set got their own enemies to worry about. The Servilles have to worry about the Vagos on the Eastside, and my hood has to worry about Rollin Heights.

In my game, we're outnumbered by Ballas so they cannibalize eachother. Since the Ballas are the largest, they have more problems with eachother than Families has with Families in my game. The Balla sets dont get along in my game, and have been beefing since 1994. It all started on the Eastside in 1994 when the Front Yard Ballas got into a turf dispute with the Kilo Trays and Rollin Heights in East Los Santos. The Rollin Heights and Kilo Trays on the Eastside had always been very tight and shared a few hoods, so they clicked up and went to war with the Front Yard Ballas. And that war eventually spread throughout the entire city in my game. Front Yard Ballas VS Kilo Tray/Rollin Heights has led to over 300 deaths since 1994.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

Holy crap you sound like you live in San Andreas.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Adler @ Mar 9 2011, 02:21)
Holy crap you sound like you live in San Andreas.

Well you know, years and years have passed in San Andreas. And I've seen Front Yard Ballas, Trays, and Rollin Heights tearing eachother's asses up for years. Every set has had alotta deaths, but Front Yards have taken the most because they're fighting against 2 sets all by themselves. Despite that, most of the Front Yard hoods have held their own, but some of their hoods do get served. The Front Yard Ballas around the Highland Swap Mall who started that whole war, got their asses handed to them by Kilo Trays and Rollin Heights. And I remember back when two of the large Front Yard Balla hoods in Idlewood and East Los Santos joined up and tried to bully a little small ass Rollin Heights hood in between them. That one little Rollin Heights hood bitched both of those big ass Front Yard hoods. Some of the Front Yards used to get chased by those Rollin Heights, and that little tiny Rollin Heights hood killed dozens and dozens of Front Yard Ballas.

The only areas of Los Santos in my game where the Front Yard VS Kilo Tray/Rollin Heights war isn’t a serious problem is Willowfield and Santa Maria Beach. And the only reason why they don’t fight as much in Santa Maria Beach is because the Rollin Heights and Front Yard turfs there do not share borders. There are Temple Drive Balla hoods in Santa Maria Beach in between. But wherever Front Yards share a border with Kilo Tray or Rollin Heights in my game, that area is a warzone. The only exception to this would be Willowfield, because the Front Yard Ballas and Rollin Heights are tight in Willowsfield. The Front Yard Ballas are on 6th Street, inside of Willowsfield Rollin Heights hood, but the Front Yards on 6th Street don’t have much of a prescence to threaten anyone.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Mar 8 2011, 14:19)
The "other" Green gang members are still in the game. They can be seen helping CJ and Sweet defend the Grove Street Cul-De-Sac after OG Locs party turns out to be lame.

Yeah but I think they're only seen in certain missions. I have a mod to add them to GSF. It's pretty cool.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:42 PM Edited by chapapote, 09 March 2011 - 12:45 PM.

QUOTE (Adler @ Mar 8 2011, 05:59)
The following are textures extracted from the game of the tags that can be found in Los Santos (not sure about the Rifa one though):

Where did you get the Rifa tag? I've never seen it. Did you extract ir from the game yourself?

QUOTE (Adler @ Mar 8 2011, 05:59)
It appears that Temple Dr may be related to either one of the Ballas or Grove since Sweet refers to them as the "Temple Drive Families" ("Families" possibly hinting their relation to Grove Street); however the tag shows "Temple Drive Ballas." The first time that the territories are unlocked also shows that both Grove Street and the Ballas occupy the Temple string of territories therefore Temple Drive may be two different sets in two different gangs.

I suppose Rockstar originally wanted Temple to be occuped by Ballas, then they changed later in the production process to be Grove controlled (I suppose they thought they were giving Ballas too much territory), but they forgot to change the tags.

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Mar 8 2011, 18:34)
The real reason why the beef between Grove Street and Serville Boulevard wasnt focused on much is because it was never as crazy as Grove Street Families VS Ballas. Plus you gotta remember that GSF, TDF, and SBF were all in different parts of the city so that beef never led to day-to-day fighting like how Grove Street is constantly confronted by Ballas. At the end of the day, we're all Families and whatever beef there was, ended in 1992/1993. Each set got their own enemies to worry about. The Servilles have to worry about the Vagos on the Eastside, and my hood has to worry about Rollin Heights.

In my game, we're outnumbered by Ballas so they cannibalize eachother. Since the Ballas are the largest, they have more problems with eachother than Families has with Families in my game. The Balla sets dont get along in my game, and have been beefing since 1994. It all started on the Eastside in 1994 when the Front Yard Ballas got into a turf dispute with the Kilo Trays and Rollin Heights in East Los Santos. The Rollin Heights and Kilo Trays on the Eastside had always been very tight and shared a few hoods, so they clicked up and went to war with the Front Yard Ballas. And that war eventually spread throughout the entire city in my game. Front Yard Ballas VS Kilo Tray/Rollin Heights has led to over 300 deaths since 1994.

I dunno man. Attempting to pop the OG of Grove Street and his brother seems like a clear deceleration of war to me. SBF was very close to Grove Street as seen in the mission 'Sweet's Girl'. The least Rockstar could have done to show the strong conflict was to make those territories possible to take over instead of just giving them to you. But I understand how the conflict with the Ballas was more important since they were more of a threat. I could understand why Temple Drive Families would eventually fall off the 'Families' band wagon due to their isolation.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 9 2011, 04:42)
Where did you get the Rifa tag? I've never seen it. Did you extract ir from the game yourself?

Yes it was one of the tags that were included in the game. I don't recall seeing the tag during my 100% run-through a few years back but then again it was a few years back so my memory is a little foggy. Can someone confirm if the Rifa tag was used in the game for at least one of the 100 tags?

It could mean that Rockstar originally planned for the Rifas to have a higher presence in Los Santos rather than in just Wrong Side of the Tracks.

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 9 2011, 04:42)
I suppose Rockstar originally wanted Temple to be occuped by Ballas, then they changed later in the production process to be Grove controlled (I suppose they thought they were giving Ballas too much territory), but they forgot to change the tags.

There's also the possibility that there could be both the Temple Drive Families and the Temple Drive Ballas as stated at the GTA Wiki.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Earlier this year, I sprayed over all the tags (twice in fact) and there was no Rifa tag.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

It must be unused in the final game then so it looks like the Rifas are only in San Fierro except for in Wrong Side of the Tracks.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Adler @ Mar 9 2011, 23:44)
It could mean that Rockstar originally planned for the Rifas to have a higher presence in Los Santos rather than in just Wrong Side of the Tracks.

Rifas don't appear in Wrong Side of the Tracks. You kill Vagos during that mission.

Killzone4
  • Killzone4

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 11 2011, 09:43)

Rifas don't appear in Wrong Side of the Tracks. You kill Vagos during that mission.

the vagos were having a deal with 2 rifas in that mission but u can't rly see any rifas except there was 6 people up on the roof

so probably 2 of them were rifas

since 4 were vagos

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Killzone4 @ Mar 11 2011, 18:44)
QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 11 2011, 09:43)

the vagos were having a deal with 2 rifas in that mission but u can't rly see any rifas except there was 6 people up on the roof

so probably 2 of them were rifas

since 4 were vagos

There were no Rifa in this mission, only four Vagos.

The deal between the Rifa and the Los Santos Vagos was a make up made by Big Smoke because Tempenny had asked him to do his dirty work, like he asked Carl to do in his various missions.

Most of Big Smoke missions are things Tempenny asked him to do, since we can see him alot in the intro cutscenes.

The San Fierro Rifa tags were intended to be in the game but never got in the final version. If we expand from that, that may have meant that Rockstar intended to put them in Los Santos and we could have fought to take their 'hoods or be our allies.

I would have been greatly surprised if they had been our allies since they are the Varrios Los Aztecas enemies. Maybe, Rockstar also intended the inverse situation; the Rifa to be our allies and the Aztecas to be our enemies

Yet, if they had been in Los Santos, how could T-Bone believe him. He would have surely heard of what he did and we would not be able to "join" the Loco Syndicate, thus changing the whole story from San Fierro to the Los Santos come back alot.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

RIFA reference

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

Temple Drive and Rollin Heights also got into on the Westside over in Verona Beach but that war isnt as serious as RHB/KTB VS FYB. Ballas outnumber Grove Street in my game, and you'll have areas of the city where a Balla hood is surrounded by nothing but other Balla hoods therefore they trip on eachother. On the flipside, Temple Drive and Seville Boulevard are isolated so the different Grove Street Families sets dont see eachother everyday like the Ballas do. GSF, TDF, and SBF do not share any boundaries. The only two Grove Street areas in my game that share boundaries are the Black G-Stone Jungles and the Glen Park Boys. And the only reason those two areas are attached is because they started off as one hood. But other than that, Grove Street is scattered in my game. Balla hoods are attached which is why they fight more.

Now when it comes to the Jungles and Glen Park, they have their little minor problems. The tension between them started in 1992 because of a shootout on the boundaries between two Glen Park Boys. The Jungles had nothing to do with it but they were blamed at first. Eventually it got cleared up who was behind the shooting but ever since then the Stones and Park Boys had tension. They still kick it and bang on Ballas together but some of the new generation Stones from the Jungles place their loyalty to the Jungles above that of Grove Street Families. And since the Jungles are deeper and stronger than the Glen Park Boys some of them feel as if they dont need nobody. But that's only some, not all of them. GPB and the Jungles may have lil problems but never enough to the point where they kill eachother.

DestroyVirus
  • DestroyVirus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Thursday, Mar 10 2011, 17:57)
Earlier this year, I sprayed over all the tags (twice in fact) and there was no Rifa tag.

Hey does anyone think that the Rifa tag was actually meant to be Temple Drive Familie's tag after all?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

If I had to guess I would say that the SF Rifa tas were going to be in San Ferrio but RockStar decided to not have gang wars in SF. Maybe because it would have been overkill?

In the dialogue there are manny references to gangs being in SF yet you never do anything about it.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (DestroyVirus @ Wednesday, Aug 24 2011, 19:53)
Hey does anyone think that the Rifa tag was actually meant to be Temple Drive Familie's tag after all?

No, but I think that the Temple Drive Ballas tag originally was a Temple Drive Families tag.

ket
  • ket

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Adler @ Tuesday, Mar 8 2011, 05:59)
Well I interpret that as just generic voice-overs whenever CJ is not "representing his set" (or when he doesn't wear the GSF colors). Whenever I wear green clothes I always hear the homies commenting on how sharply dressed I am. tounge.gif

The Seville Blvd and Temple Dr Families were more or less a subplot to the more important tensions between the GSF, Ballas and Vagos so rivalries within the GSF weren't emphasized as much as the Ballas and Vagos' takeover of Los Santos. Also not emphasized by Rockstar were the different sets in the Ballas such as Rollin' Heights, Kilo Tray, Front Yard, and possibly others. Other than obscure references to the sets by the characters, the numerous different tags in Los Santos, and the rivalry between Grove Street sets, the factions within each gang don't appear often, and don't take on much of a pivotal role in the plot.

It seems that the rifa tag was supposed to be a Temple Drive Tag and the OGF is beefing due to Drug Trading.

If you want to change the rifa tag google "TEMPLE DRIVE FAMILIES TAG MOD"

EDIT:The Temple Drive Ballas are a gang not just a error because of the tag

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

I think Seville Boulevard Families only had problems with GSF because of their corrupt members they couldn't keep on leash who got into drug trading. GSF also had traitors that rolled with Smoke after his betrayal. And the situation in "Sweet's Girl" was kinda like with Kendl and Cesar, SBF guys just didn't want a GSF to take their girl. And after all it seems all the families do get along after "Reuniting the Families" as nothing else is heard about their beef after that. Maybe fighting together against SWAT and Ballas there helped to unite them more than a dispute between the OG's would. And Temple Drive Ballas seem to be the Balla sets present around Santa Maria and Verona Beach and in the Temple (after you lose all territory) and have nothing to do with Temple Drive Families.

What pisses me off about gangs, tho, is that despite I helped Aztecas take over their territory from Vagos, they'd still shoot at me if I start a gunfight at their territory or sometimes just because I wear other colours. Same with Triads in SF, tho they never asked me about who I'm representing. And well, even GSF members sometimes start shooting at me if I demolish their cars a little sad.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

You forget Carl is a Negro, and there will always be discontent among the members just on first sight. While the game promotes harmony between the races there is always distrust among the ordinary members. Since Carl doesn't have interaction with each of the individual members of the other gangs they might not recognize him as 'friend', especially when he shoots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users