Gta 2 on Win 7 64bit.

3 replies to this topic
EradDude
  • EradDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

I try to run the game setup, but I keep getting this error message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 or x64 version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I've tried running it in compatibility mode. I know it's possible to get it to work, but how?

-Erad

Mr Zero
  • Mr Zero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (EradDude @ Mar 6 2011, 21:02)
I try to run the game setup, but I keep getting this error message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 or x64 version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I've tried running it in compatibility mode. I know it's possible to get it to work, but how?

-Erad

I don't know about 64bit Windows, I have 32bit Win 7 professional and GTA2 runs almost fine.

1 solution is to run it in "Windows XP mode" (google for it) which is actually a virtual machine environment designed to run older programs on 64bit Win 7. It's only available for Win 7 Pro, Enterprise and Ultimate though. But I think there's an easier solution too... ph34r.gif

cdoublejj
  • cdoublejj

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

Actually your 32bit version probably makes all the difference. The 32bit win 7's have better backwards compatibility as opposed to the 64 bit version how ever the trade off is the 32 bit version are more vulnerable security wise and the 64 bit versions have better security and the ability to use over 3.5gb of ram.

Stahli
  • Stahli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

I have GTA 2 on Windows 7 64Bit installed. It runs without any problems. It is important that the game in the directory Program Files (x86) is installed. With the original CD I am having problems when saving. The version that can be downloaded from the Rockstar Games site, works perfectly.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users