Photo

[SA] Tempo Matador (1952)

17 replies to this topic
Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

Muncher of Polygons (and cake)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:20 PM Edited by Chong McBong, 12 September 2011 - 04:32 PM.

updated 17:27 GMT 12-september-2011
Tempo Matador (1952)
A Rusty "Bus Barn" Classic - (now also a towtruck version and a 6-in-1 Utility truck version)

Build time: 1 week for the original, about 1 week for adding all the other versions.. see links below
Yellow Rusty "BusBarn" Version available here at GtaGarage
Clean (non-rusty) Utility truck version and towtruck version available here at GtaGarage
I saw this while researching my Saab 92HK, and decided it was the coolest van on the planet, and must be built, so i dropped everything, and built it.. the Real-life van i based it on was built by "The Bus Barn". They have since sold it to somebody in Belguim..

some videos of my Tempos in game

and a video of the real thing.
(i didn't like the modern wheels, so i did some research and found the wheels that used to be on it)

there are plenty more videos of the real thing on youtube if you search.

see my website or the GtaGarage download pages mentioned above for more pics of all versions..
here are some pics for those who can't access or can't be bothered with YouTube:

user posted image
user posted image

Arab (CYP)
  • Arab (CYP)

Alias PearCyp

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

wow awesome! the cas like this has a unique feeling. and you're right about the wheels

maybe you could convert it to gta 4 biggrin.gif

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

Nice work man looks great icon14.gif

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

I never heard of that thing before but it looks like you did another great job there. biggrin.gif

Sylvania
  • Sylvania

Lego their ego.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Very unique. I think if you had a bump map made and threw it on there to recreate the bumps in rust it would look very great in game.

Only thing i'm not diggin is the rear over fenders, the texture is kind of pixelated but i know you're well experienced and were probably on that. cookie.gif cookie.gif

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Sylvania @ Mar 6 2011, 20:16)
Very unique. I think if you had a bump map made and threw it on there to recreate the bumps in rust it would look very great in game.

Only thing i'm not diggin is the rear over fenders, the texture is kind of pixelated but i know you're well experienced and were probably on that. cookie.gif cookie.gif

thanks peeps biggrin.gif
i am quite pleased with the result.. it's been one of my quickest builds too, at under a week...

i will have a look at re-texturing the rear wheel arches, and some of the cabin too, as its a bit blurry in places.

about bump maps, are they possible in gtasa? if so, how do they work? i might have a go at bump mapping it.. can't be too hard tounge.gif

Sylvania
  • Sylvania

Lego their ego.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

No only gtaiv, if you need help i can show you. icon14.gif

mygolf
  • mygolf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

This gotta be the coolest thing ever done happy.gif You should put all the body textures into a single one and make the van pjs able.
Take a rusty van to TF apply a rust-less pj and some modern wheels and hydraulics , Tadaaa new car biggrin.gif
Some info about the thing: http://www.noh2o.org...topic.php?t=313
^also that sun visor could be an extra

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (mygolf @ Mar 6 2011, 21:31)
This gotta be the coolest thing ever done happy.gif You should put all the body textures into a single one and make the van pjs able.
Take a rusty van to TF apply a rust-less pj and some modern wheels and hydraulics , Tadaaa new car biggrin.gif
Some info about the thing: http://www.noh2o.org...topic.php?t=313
^also that sun visor could be an extra

hehe, thanks dude biggrin.gif
unfortunately the textures are too big to squeeze onto 1 texture map, so its just going to be rusty for now..
i might make another version without rust, and with a few different back ends to add over a different vehicle..
the sun-visor is a possibility, but i think it will go on the non-rusty version, as i want to keep this version as accurate as possible to the "Bus Barn's" Matador...

also i changed the matador to replace the Camper instead of the Slamvan as the camper makes the correct air-cooled engine noise smile.gif

(the matador has a VW air-cooled beetle/camper engine in it, so it seems the perfect vehicle to replace)

its all working in game now, with hydraulics, and rear seats, its almost ready for a release later today if all goes to plan biggrin.gif

here are some preview pics of it undergoing testing tounge.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Timske
  • Timske

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

Respect for all your hard and good work! cookie.gif

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

That looks really.....you. tounge.gif

Jacobcrd
  • Jacobcrd

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

It's almost like the VW Van trucks, nice.

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

rust for life! cool.gif

really nice vehicle you made there!

You should make the spec more flat though. You use zmod, right? Then I'd suggest a spec value of something around 78. wink.gif Looks more realistic on rusty parts.

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:37 PM Edited by Chong McBong, 07 March 2011 - 07:43 PM.

QUOTE (MindF*ck @ Mar 7 2011, 20:10)
rust for life! cool.gif

You should make the spec more flat though. You use zmod, right? Then I'd suggest a spec value of something around 78. wink.gif Looks more realistic on rusty parts.

lol MF.. lol i thought this van was right up your street when i started building it tounge.gif

i do use zMod, and will try 78 for spec on my paint..

is the spec slider really the wrong way round? i have heard strange things about it and never quite figured all the settings out yet..
do i need to add [spec:78] to my material name to make it work correctly? or is the slider enough?

i figured it out.. i should have checked that years ago lol.. the slider does seem to be backwards, and it looks perfect with 78 for the spec setting biggrin.gif

thanks for the tip MF rah.gif much appreciated icon14.gif

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Chong McBong @ Mar 7 2011, 21:37)
QUOTE (MindF*ck @ Mar 7 2011, 20:10)
rust for life! cool.gif

lol MF.. lol i thought this van was right up your street when i started building it tounge.gif

i do use zMod, and will try 78 for spec on my paint..

is the spec slider really the wrong way round? i have heard strange things about it and never quite figured all the settings out yet..
do i need to add [spec:78] to my material name to make it work correctly? or is the slider enough?

i figured it out.. i should have checked that years ago lol.. the slider does seem to be backwards, and it looks perfect with 78 for the spec setting biggrin.gif

thanks for the tip MF rah.gif much appreciated icon14.gif

Hehe, thats what I tried to tell you for some time now biggrin.gif Please show us some updated screenshots. Im sure those settings will resemble those of mindf*ck, it would be great to see all your models with that spec value. smile.gif

Great job btw, very fast quality work here!

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (schaefft @ Mar 7 2011, 21:08)
Hehe, thats what I tried to tell you for some time now biggrin.gif Please show us some updated screenshots. Im sure those settings will resemble those of mindf*ck, it would be great to see all your models with that spec value. smile.gif

Great job btw, very fast quality work here!

haha, sorry schaefft, i must have forgotten about that..
i will start using this setting i think, maybe a bit more shiny for some things..
i will experiment a bit tonight with some of my old models tounge.gif and some new ones too...

here are a few screen shots from just a minute ago, with the new spec value:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

im doing a quick interior for it now, then will release it as soon as its done tounge.gif
then onto my Saab 92HK caravan thingy... (i might rust that up a bit too)

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

Glad I could help. Looks much better now cool.gif

Actually the spec values aren't that difficult to understand. In SA the actual spec intesity is always the same, the spec slider in zmod adjusts the sharpness of the specular reflection (the white reflection "dot" if you will). The lower the value of the spec slider, the sharper and smaller is the specular "dot". Higher values makes the specular "dot" blurier and scatters the spec over a wider area. 60 is the smallest setting that SA recognizes, any value lower than 60 doesn't make any difference ingame. Same goes for values over 85, they will just look completely flat ingame.

Here are a few base settings I used for my mods. They are just a rough ground line from which I start adjusting according to the kind of mod I made:

CODE

paint: [env:35, spec] ... specvalue: 69-75
chrome: [env:45, spec] ... specvalue: 60 (color: 58,64,67)
windows: [env:30, spec, trans] ... specvalue: 78 (color: 19,19,19)
wheels: [spec] ... specvalue: 83
interior (plastic stuff): [spec] ... specvalue: 78
engine: [env:25, spec] ... specvalue: 65
underbody etc: [spec] ... specvalue: 74

hotrods (not the rusty ones):
paint: [env:35, spec] ... spec 72
chrome: [env:45, spec] ... spec 60 (color: 74,74,81)

(the env value goes with my two reflection maps I always used in my mods ... they certainly look different with other reflection maps wink.gif )

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:29 PM Edited by Chong McBong, 12 September 2011 - 04:33 PM.

QUOTE (MindF*ck @ Mar 7 2011, 23:14)
Glad I could help. Looks much better now cool.gif

Actually the spec values aren't that difficult to understand. In SA the actual spec intesity is always the same, the spec slider in zmod adjusts the sharpness of the specular reflection (the white reflection "dot" if you will). The lower the value of the spec slider, the sharper and smaller is the specular "dot". Higher values makes the specular "dot" blurier and scatters the spec over a wider area. 60 is the smallest setting that SA recognizes, any value lower than 60 doesn't make any difference ingame. Same goes for values over 85, they will just look completely flat ingame.

Here are a few base settings I used for my mods. They are just a rough ground line from which I start adjusting according to the kind of mod I made:

CODE

paint: [env:35, spec] ... specvalue: 69-75
chrome: [env:45, spec] ... specvalue: 60 (color: 58,64,67)
windows: [env:30, spec, trans] ... specvalue: 78 (color: 19,19,19)
wheels: [spec] ... specvalue: 83
interior (plastic stuff): [spec] ... specvalue: 78
engine: [env:25, spec] ... specvalue: 65
underbody etc: [spec] ... specvalue: 74

hotrods (not the rusty ones):
paint: [env:35, spec] ... spec 72
chrome: [env:45, spec] ... spec 60 (color: 74,74,81)

(the env value goes with my two reflection maps I always used in my mods ... they certainly look different with other reflection maps wink.gif )

wow, OMG thanks dude rah.gif
i will absorb all this info and will try to fix all my materials...

i see what you mean about zooming the spec dot.. the models do appear whiter in game with it turned up, but its lower contrast, so looks much smoother and less reflective tounge.gif

--Edit-- (04:49am 18/03/2011)
Now Uploaded On GtaGarage
Download Here

--Edit-- (17:33 12/09/2011)
Updated all versions and uploaded to GtaGarage - see first post of this thread for links

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users