Most ghetto areas of Liberty City

70 replies to this topic
The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Raging in the plague age

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

For me, it's some areas of Bohan, North Algonquin (i.e. North Holland, Northwood and East Holland); Acter, Alderney, and Beechwood City.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm assuming you're using the word Ghetto as a crime-ridden part of town.

Most of Bohan (Anything East of Chase is probably more of an industrial ghetto filled with crackheads, and scrap metal collectors), North Algonquin (although it would also probably be filled with the fake 'gangstas' that attempt to gain fame through street cred, and then some parts of Dukes (but in a more middle-class gang setting, like in North American suburbs where gangs are just kids who grew up together, and have parties on weekends).

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 00:49)

Most of Bohan (Anything East of Chase is probably more of an industrial ghetto filled with crackheads, and scrap metal collectors), North Algonquin (although it would also probably be filled with the fake 'gangstas' that attempt to gain fame through street cred, and then some parts of Dukes (but in a more middle-class gang setting, like in North American suburbs where gangs are just kids who grew up together, and have parties on weekends).

Northern Algonquin certainly does not have 'fake gangstas'. There are the North Holland Hustlers in North Holland and Northwood, the Spanish Lords are in East Holland, and in TBOGT there are the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers. They are all major players in the Liberty City street gang scene and they all got guns.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 20:07)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 00:49)

Northern Algonquin certainly does not have 'fake gangstas'. There are the North Holland Hustlers in North Holland and Northwood, the Spanish Lords are in East Holland, and in TBOGT there are the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers. They are all major players in the Liberty City street gang scene and they all got guns.

I don't mean that all gangsters in that area are fake, I mean that rappers who affiliate themselves with those gangs but do nothing for them hang out there. Like Pathos probably does, or Manny Escuela would do if he was a rapper.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:01 PM Edited by Cyper, 13 February 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Schottler, along with its connecting neighborhoods South Slopes and Breechwood is definely the most poor neighborhoods in Liberty. Its the slum, really. Its definely worse than Bohan in my opinion. Its clearly ruled by the Jamaican immigrants, or the 'Yardies' as they may be refered to which are involved in drug- and arms dealing. Then you have the Angels of Death in Breechwood. There is a lot of trash in every street corner and alleyway and a lot of the buildings is in a very poor condition. I have seen quite a lot of building that have their entrence door broken up. There is also a lot of homless people drugaddicts - for instance - there is about a 3 story building in upper Schottler on Cassidy street which is taken over vagrants and crackheads. The whole place reminds me of the Scumhole shack in VC.

Why?

- High gang activity
- Drug- and arms dealing hotspot
- Buildings is in extremely poor conditions and some seems to be completely abandoned
- Some buildings such as the one at Cassidy street is taken over by crackheads and vagrants
- A lot of dirt and trash in the streets
- Population seems to be very poor. Just look at the vehicles driving on the streets
- A lot of drug addicts
- A lot of vagrants

senor_huevos_benedicto
  • senor_huevos_benedicto

Tell your friends. Tell your neighbours. Tell Randy Gonzales.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Bohan on the whole was a sh*thole.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

South Bohan would have to be up there as one of the worst areas, and Beechwood is a very good shout as well.

I actually don't think that North Holland and East Holland are that bad. There are some dodgy areas, but when you look at the penthouse of someone like Playboy X, you can see that there are also areas for some of the richer gangsters there as well.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Cyper @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 12:01)
Schottler, along with its connecting neighborhoods South Slopes and Breechwood is definely the most poor neighborhoods in Liberty. Its the slum, really. Its definely worse than Bohan in my opinion. Its clearly ruled by the Jamaican immigrants, or the 'Yardies' as they may be refered to which are involved in drug- and arms dealing. Then you have the Angels of Death in Breechwood. There is a lot of trash in every street corner and alleyway and a lot of the buildings is in a very poor condition. I have seen quite a lot of building that have their entrence door broken up. There is also a lot of homless people drugaddicts - for instance - there is about a 3 story building in upper Schottler on Cassidy street which is taken over vagrants and crackheads. The whole place reminds me of the Scumhole shack in VC.

Why?

- High gang activity
- Buildings is in extremely poor conditions and some seems to be completely abandoned
- Some buildings such as the one at Cassidy street is taken over by crackheads and vagrants
- Population seems to be very poor. Just look at the vehicles driving on the streets
- A lot of drug addicts
- A lot of vagrants

In TBOGT you will sometimes see members of the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (ND3) gang hanging around the streets of Beechwood City and Schottler, which are the main territories of the Jamaican Posse gang members. Generally they get on ok with each other, but every now and then gunfights break out between the two gangs, which can be witnessed by the player.

I think Acter is very dangerous too. That hood is just teaming with M.O.B. gang members, strapped to the bone.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:00)

Why?

- High gang activity
- A lot of drug addicts
- A lot of vagrants

In TBOGT you will sometimes see members of the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (ND3) gang hanging around the streets of Beechwood City and Schottler, which are the main territories of the Jamaican Posse gang members. Generally they get on ok with each other, but every now and then gunfights break out between the two gangs, which can be witnessed by the player.

I think Acter is very dangerous too. That hood is just teaming with M.O.B. gang members, strapped to the bone.

Really? I haven't seen them there I think. How do they look like?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Cyper @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 11:01)
QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:00)

Why?

- High gang activity
- A lot of drug addicts
- A lot of vagrants

Really? I haven't seen them there I think. How do they look like?

@ Cyper

I took a little while for me to notice this myself man. Up until a certain point, I thought that the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (ND3) were only found at the northern end of Algonquin (Northwood of course, North and East Holland). But I noticed that ND3 gang members sometimes appear on the streets in other areas of Liberty City, before or after the completion of a Drug War mission, and this mostly happened within the first 25 drug wars. ND3 gang members would sometimes turn up in parts of Broker (Schottler and Beechwood City), Dukes (Cerveza Heights and Willis) and all of South Bohan. I have never seen the ND3 in Alderney yet, although I don't think they are there.

To spot an ND3 gang member, read below:

* ND3 gang members look typically Hispanic, they have a similar skin complexion to the Spanish Lords gang members. There are two models, one has hair of black male's type and low haircut style, and the other has a bald hairstyle. The ones with hair also have mustaches and small goatee beards.

* ND3 gang members wear: Thick jackets with furry hoods (in red, black or golden beige), puffer jackets (in black, yellow or golden beige), baseball caps (red, blue, yellow), jeans (black, blue), bandanas (blue, yellow or golden beige) and finally, sneakers (black + yellow or white + red ). They also sometimes wear dark sunshades.

* ND3 gang members are generally armed, very often with guns (9mm pistols and Uzis). They do sometimes carry knives too, but this is quite rare. More often than not, if you encounter an ND3 gang member that is armed, it is more likely to be a gun.

* If you listen to a group of ND3 gang members standing in the street or by a corner, you may hear them talk about "how they used to run the Firefly Projects", or "getting shot and stabbed many times before", or "how they miss the DR" (Dominican Republic), or just about drug deals, shipments and other criminal business and interesting stuff.

* ND3 gang members do not have specific gang cars, they can be seen driving any vehicle thats common nearby.

* If you pull out gun at a ND3 gang member or start a fight with him, it is mostly likely he will shoot at you. If not that, he'll either stab you or fight you. Sometimes he may stare at you for a while before attacking you.

To see a gunfight between ND3 gang members and Jamaican posse gang members, just provoke any one of them into pulling out a gun and firing shots. Before you know it, the two gangs will quickly turn on each other and a gunfight will erupt between them in the streets. Sometimes you will an ND3 gang member walk up to a wounded victim and finish him off with more shots as he lays on the ground (Jamaicans posse gang members do this too).

From my experience, they are a very dangerous gang. I hope that helps !!

Malkmus3
  • Malkmus3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

I would agree about algonquin, in the north part there are loads of trashy blocks of flats and stuff

mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm sorry but I feel like this thread is weird. Are you guys just talking about looks? Sure, a place might look dangerous, but is it really? I've never ever been in any danger in GTA IV. I have no clue how you guys see any danger. It doesn't count as danger if you pull your gun on a gang member because YOU provoked it.

Now are there any places in LC that are actually dangerous?

I tried North Holland, South Bohan, and Hove Beach, none of them ever even threatened me.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (mvega0422 @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 17:01)
I'm sorry but I feel like this thread is weird. Are you guys just talking about looks? Sure, a place might look dangerous, but is it really? I've never ever been in any danger in GTA IV. I have no clue how you guys see any danger. It doesn't count as danger if you pull your gun on a gang member because YOU provoked it.

I tried North Holland, South Bohan, and Hove Beach, none of them ever even threatened me.

I would say most of us on this thread were talking about certain areas of GTA IV's Liberty City that looked dangerous, and had a heavy presence of gang members and other criminal-looking people.

But you are 100% correct in saying that there were no areas in IV's Liberty City that actually felt dangerous. And I totally agree with you saying that pulling out a gun on gang members in an area to start trouble does not make the area dangerous at all. This was one of my main complaints about GTA IV. I really missed that element of danger and threat in the rougher districts of the city.

TheDreamShatterer
  • TheDreamShatterer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

i thought the game needed to be more ghetto, you hardly see any blacks/latinos in the game and real life new york white people or the minority

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (mvega0422 @ Friday, Jul 6 2012, 11:01)

You haven't walked around the city then, because gang members can threaten you, they'll stare at you and follow you telling you you don't belong here, and then sooner or later fight you and/or start to shoot. It's happened to me.

As for dangerous, Hove Beach is the worst. I was at the diner when the waiter called me fat and so i shot here, so many gun shots went off and the members killed a lot of cops. Some cars even exploded, and all I did was take cover and watch.

Bohan haves to be the most ghetto by looks.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Zulu2065 @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 11:38)
I'm sorry but I feel like this thread is weird.  Are you guys just talking about looks? Sure, a place might look dangerous, but is it really? I've never ever been in any danger in GTA IV. I have no clue how you guys see any danger. It doesn't count as danger if you pull your gun on a gang member because YOU provoked it.

You haven't walked around the city then, because gang members can threaten you, they'll stare at you and follow you telling you you don't belong here, and then sooner or later fight you and/or start to shoot. It's happened to me.

As for dangerous, Hove Beach is the worst. I was at the diner when the waiter called me fat and so i shot here, so many gun shots went off and the members killed a lot of cops. Some cars even exploded, and all I did was take cover and watch.

The danger is still there. It's just not like it was in the GTA III era.

You're right though. Gang members will trash talk and eventually attack which seems to make sense. Isn't that what a gang member would do in person?

Even at the start of GTA III, VC and SA the gangs leave you alone.

It was only as the story progressed, but even then I found it a bit unrealistic. How would a random gang member know you've just capped one of their leaders?

In SA you can dress CJ up in a gimp suit and they still know he's apart of Grove Street.

My only really gripe with the way gangs were handled was in TLAD. In that case crossing a member of AOD should escalate into a gun fight, but you can walk by them like any normal ped.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (TheDreamShatterer @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 00:10)
i thought the game needed to be more ghetto, you hardly see any blacks/latinos in the game and real life new york white people or the minority

I think LC captured the diversity of New York quite well. There were lot of blacks around too, in all boroughs.

@Zulu: Yeah, if you simply walk around in some rough areas gangsters will threaten you and fight you for simply being there. I went to a Cluckin' Bell in Dukes and a gang of Latino's nearly killed me for standing still looking at the little advertisement posters R* puts into the game.

Sometimes, gangs in cars will give chase with their buddies hanging out the side, shooting at your car. It's really cool when the police chase as well.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

North Holland or the Firefly Projects (near the swingset) are pretty ghetto, most of the time if you hang around there for too long you'll get shot up.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 01:31)
I'm sorry but I feel like this thread is weird.  Are you guys just talking about looks? Sure, a place might look dangerous, but is it really? I've never ever been in any danger in GTA IV. I have no clue how you guys see any danger. It doesn't count as danger if you pull your gun on a gang member because YOU provoked it.

You're right though. Gang members will trash talk and eventually attack which seems to make sense. Isn't that what a gang member would do in person?

It was only as the story progressed, but even then I found it a bit unrealistic. How would a random gang member know you've just capped one of their leaders?

In SA you can dress CJ up in a gimp suit and they still know he's apart of Grove Street.

My only really gripe with the way gangs were handled was in TLAD. In that case crossing a member of AOD should escalate into a gun fight, but you can walk by them like any normal ped.

@ Miami

I know you adore GTA IV and I acknowledge that it is you believe it is best ever out of the whole series, but come on!

GTA IV just did not have the kind of danger that would give the player a safety concern when entering the more rougher areas of the city. This is something that is clear to see, it cannot be downplayed. I don't see what you see on this at all - frankly GTA IV had very, very little danger to be encountered in the game outside of the missions and side activities.

Gang members in IV do sometimes talk sh*t and threaten the player with violence, and in some cases may end up attacking or even shooting at the player. But that only happens if the player provokes the action by either bumping into, pushing, hitting or shooting at a gang member. But that to me is not serious danger if you still had to provoke it, I never once encountered violence from gang members unprovoked. And believe me, I tested the game repeatedly to conclude this.

In GTA III and Vice City, there were rough areas where gang members follow you and shoot at you, criminals would just carjack you like that, you would see other peds get carjacked and robbed, you would see explosive shoot-outs in streets between rival gangs. The player did not have to do anything or provoke anyone to see all this stuff happen - to me that is the real meaning of danger. As for SA - CJ was a rival gang member, and it is a quite realistic to see LA gangs blast at each other in streets just for wearing the wrong color clothes in the wrong hood, regardless of whether they recognize an enemy face or not. In gang hoods in LA (like many gang hoods in U.S. cities), gang members will attack or even shoot you simply because you are on their turf and they don't know who you are. Trust me, that sh*t happens for real.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 00:25)

@ Miami

I know you adore GTA IV and I acknowledge that it is you believe it is best ever out of the whole series, but come on!

GTA IV just did not have the kind of danger that would give the player a safety concern when entering the more rougher areas of the city. This is something that is clear to see, it cannot be downplayed. I don't see what you see on this at all - frankly GTA IV had very, very little danger to be encountered in the game outside of the missions and side activities.

Gang members in IV do sometimes talk sh*t and threaten the player with violence, and in some cases may end up attacking or even shooting at the player. But that only happens if the player provokes the action by either bumping into, pushing, hitting or shooting at a gang member. But that to me is not serious danger if you still had to provoke it, I never once encountered violence from gang members unprovoked. And believe me, I tested the game repeatedly to conclude this.

In GTA III and Vice City, there were rough areas where gang members follow you and shoot at you, criminals would just carjack you like that, you would see other peds get carjacked and robbed, you would see explosive shoot-outs in streets between rival gangs. The player did not have to do anything or provoke anyone to see all this stuff happen - to me that is the real meaning of danger. As for SA - CJ was a rival gang member, and it is a quite realistic to see LA gangs blast at each other in streets just for wearing the wrong color clothes in the wrong hood, regardless of whether they recognize an enemy face or not. In gang hoods in LA (like many gang hoods in U.S. cities), gang members will attack or even shoot you simply because you are on their turf and they don't know who you are. Trust me, that sh*t happens for real.

I'm not saying it's more dangerous general however there's still an element there. In GTA III especially I thought it was way over the top.

I don't think I'd enjoy exploring LC as much if I was getting shot at by gangs all the time, but however I do like how gangs seem to blend in.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 14:25)
QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 00:25)

@ Miami

I'm not saying it's more dangerous general however there's still an element there. In GTA III especially I thought it was way over the top.

I don't think I'd enjoy exploring LC as much if I was getting shot at by gangs all the time, but however I do like how gangs seem to blend in.

The element of danger in GTA IV was very minimal, so minimal that it barely had an impact - it made the roughest areas of Liberty City and Alderney feel so safe.

I think you are a little misled by what I'm saying. When I say the feeling of danger in GTA, I'm not just talking about gang members or mobsters simply shooting at you in the street. I'm talking about a lot of bad, criminal stuff happening in the streets that the player can witness without having to be involved in it all. In the dangerous hoods of LC in IV, I wanted to see people getting robbed, store-hold ups, people getting carjacked, rival gangs in shoot-outs, etc - I saw none of that. I'd have loved IV even more if I saw all those things. I would not want to get shot at all the time in IV's LC, but it would have been good to witness gunfights and every now and then become a target without provoking anyone.

III, VC and SA had most the stuff I mentioned. I think III went over the top with the Mafia blasting at you with shotguns anytime they saw you, but other than that, the III-era games had a much greater and more exciting element of danger than IV did.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 16:34)

III, VC and SA had most the stuff I mentioned. I think III went over the top with the Mafia blasting at you with shotguns anytime they saw you, but other than that, the III-era games had a much greater and more exciting element of danger than IV did.

before niko starts working for the russians and after you kill faustin the russians get violent very soon. they tell you to go away if you only stare at them, then they pull aks and pump action shotguns and uzis.

this is violence. orly.gif orly.gif orly.gif
  • Colognenigguh likes this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Fortside, South Bohan, East Holland, Northwood, Acter & Tudor

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Alderney and South Bohan turn.gif

runkkari203
  • runkkari203

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

where the non-white people live pretty much

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

Most of Bohan

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

people say the danger is still there but it really isn't, how often does crime randomly happen against you? Like in III if you stay around chinatown for too long they'll attack you for no reason, and little haiti in VC there were plenty of times I had to escape for my life but the only place in GTA4 where you will be threatened is hove beach if you start causing trouble.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:56 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 22 July 2012 - 11:37 AM.

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 20:31)
people say the danger is still there but it really isn't, how often does crime randomly happen against you? Like in III if you stay around chinatown for too long they'll attack you for no reason, and little haiti in VC there were plenty of times I had to escape for my life but the only place in GTA4 where you will be threatened is hove beach if you start causing trouble.

Actually they do attack for a reason. These gangs are harmless before you start pissing them off in the story.

At the start of GTA III and VC you can walk by these gangs without so much as a second look. SA is different with the Ballas, but other than that the gangs wont even look at CJ until much later on.

I guess the point I'm making is it's not really random as they all have motivation. Something the series has always lacked are true random attacks. Like if you're walking through an alleyway and you get jumped by some crazed crackhead.

I'd like it to be more spontaneous like how animals attack in RDR. The thing with gangs is you eventually get to know how hostile they are.

A true element of danger IMO should be completely random. One thing I think GTA IV does do better though is when a fight/gunfight breaks out the nearest cop will respond.

Always thought the GTA III era was retarded when there would be a full scale gang war and the cops just go by like nothing's happening so while GTA IV did drop the ball in some aspects the cops aren't the brainless dumbasses they were in the GTA III era and detect any immediate danger against the player or other peds.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 10:56)
QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 20:31)

Actually they do attack for a reason. These gangs are harmless before you start pissing them off in the story.

At the start of GTA III and VC you can walk by these gangs without so much as a second look. SA is different with the Ballas, but other than that the gangs wont even look at CJ until much later on.

I guess the point I'm making is it's not really random as they all have motivation. Something the series has always lacked are true random attacks. Like if you're walking through an alleyway and you get jumped by some crazed crackhead.

I'd like it to be more spontaneous like how animals attack in RDR. The thing with gangs is you eventually get to know how hostile they are.

A true element of danger IMO should be completely random. One thing I think GTA IV does do better though is when a fight/gunfight breaks out the nearest cop will respond.

Always thought the GTA III era was retarded when there would be a full scale gang war and the cops just go by like nothing's happening so while GTA IV did drop the ball in some aspects the cops aren't the brainless dumbasses they were in the GTA III era and detect any immediate danger against the player or other peds.

@ Miami

Go easy on the GTA III-era, I think you are being too harsh - you keep calling many of its features retarded and comparing them to that of GTA IV, and you seem to forget that III-era games were using last-generation console technology. For what it was at the time, the element of danger in the III-era games were great for their time. Remember most of us had not experienced stuff like this in a video game before when III first came, and Vice City and San Andreas made good improvements on it all to even further wow us.

You are wrong about SA though, it was not just the Ballas that would randomly attack CJ - stay around any other rival gang neighborhood long enough in Los Santos (Vagos or Aztecas) and eventually they would attack you after questioning you about why you are there - no reason was needed. In VC and SA, non-gang member street criminals in the rough areas would randomly carjack you, they would just drag you out of the car and take your ride away.

You talk about fights and gunfights in GTA IV ?? If you are talking about those that did not involve the player, fights were not common, but they were not rare - however gunfights were so rare, that they were pretty much non-existent. That is more the issue for GTA IV when it came to a lack of an element of danger. The danger element also importantly needs to be about peds committing violence against each other in rough area, to give that dangerous area feel. VC and SA did this very well, much better than IV did, and yet those games are last-gen. That is what many people don't get.

I agree with you on the need for more random crimes in GTA though.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 12:52)
Go easy on the GTA III-era, I think you are being too harsh - you keep calling many of its features retarded and comparing them to that of GTA IV, and you seem to forget that III-era games were using last-generation console technology. For what it was at the time, the element of danger in the III-era games were great for their time. Remember most of us had not experienced stuff like this in a video game before when III first came, and Vice City and San Andreas made good improvements on it all to even further wow us.

I'm not sure how I'm being harsh? It was a fundamental flaw GTA IV fixed which when going back to the GTA III GTAs is really noticeable.

Honestly I get a bit sick of the one way street outlook on this forum sometimes. I mean I love the GTA III too, but it seems any flaw the GTA III era GTAs have that GTA IV fixed gets protected or an excuse made for it based on the fact it's last generation.

How hard was it to make the cops notice others committing crimes? I'm not talking about those random car chases, but when getting attacked? The idiotic A.I would only notice the player and completely ignore the other ped.

It's also not something I developed when GTA IV came out. I can give GTA III and VC some slack, but it's something R* definitely should've considered for SA. The last generation excuse is bullsh*t IMO (no offense). I was even thinking about this back in late 2004/2005.

It completely ruins the moment when you can have two gangs going at it and the cops go by like it's not even happening yet if you open fire....hey presto you're a wanted felon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users