Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

Where do you think they are? I'll go with South Bohan and Schlotter

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:16 AM

Hey again. For me, I'd have to go with the Jamaican half of Beechwood City. The majority of players only know it for its Burger Shot and freeway, but there are many hidden ghettos. Rubble everywhere, pavement coming off, nothing but a basketball court. South Bohan is a given.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

Almost everywhere in Bohan
Northwood, North Holland, and East Holland areas of Algonquin.
The projects in Steinway, Dukes.
Schottler, Broker.
Tudor, Alerney.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:52 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 05 March 2011 - 12:58 PM.

Alderney, where people from LC go to dump their trash. biggrin.gif

edit: Just reread topic title so i guess alderney technically doesn't count.

Pretty much all of Bohan and upper Algonquin.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

tudor and acter in south alderney. south bohan and northwood too.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Bohan is the worst of all boroughs, Bohan had 241 murders last year in my game and led all boroughs. But South Bohan aint the worst hood there. South Bohan looks rough because it's boarded up, but there are worse areas of Bohan than South Bohan. South Bohan is overun with cops because the streets go in circles and cops are around almost every corner. Yeah South Bohan has alot of crime, drugs, and shootouts but alot of shootings be non-fatal out there. As far as people getting killed, it's not as bad as other hoods in Bohan. They only had 15 murders last year.

Bohan deserves props as the realest borough because even when M.O.B. and the Holland Hustlers were sweeping through Uptown and Broker, MOB and the Holland Hustlers were never able to move into Bohan. And they were the last borough in my game to get Grove Street and Balla sets. Bohan always been a trendsetter type of place, even still they got their own block crews and street teams that are making noise right now in my game like Top Guns, Soldiers on Deck, Coxsack Ave Shootas, and many more.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:37 PM Edited by Official General, 05 March 2011 - 08:41 PM.

In my view it has to be the Firefly Projects in Broker. It really looks like a gritty, crime-ridden Brooklyn project with its huge brownish-red brick towers and its majority African-American resident population. That place not only looks hard and dangerous, it just feels it too, whenever I happen to walk or pass through it. Most of the black gang members around there seem to have guns on them. For me, it definitely has to be the Firefly Projects.

I'd say Beechwwod City and Schottler in Broker come a close second, because in TBOGT you have the Jamaican Posse gangs and the Northwood Dominican Drug-Dealers coming into very violent conflict over these territories. The M.O.B gang sometimes operate in Schottler, adding more danger to the district.

Acter in Alderney and South Bohan probably come next.

@ DoubleOGJohnson

I'll ask you again - where in the game can see these statistics ? I would like to see them myself in my own game. Or are you just making all this stuff up ?

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Mar 5 2011, 20:37)
In my view it has to be the Firefly Projects in Broker. It really looks like a gritty, crime-ridden Brooklyn project with its huge brownish-red brick towers and its majority African-American resident population. That place not only looks hard and dangerous, it just feels it too, whenever I happen to walk or pass through it. Most of the black gang members around there seem to have guns on them. For me, it definitely has to be the Firefly Projects.

I'd say Beechwwod City and Schottler in Broker come a close second, because in TBOGT you have the Jamaican Posse gangs and the Northwood Dominican Drug-Dealers coming into very violent conflict over these territories. The M.O.B gang sometimes operate in Schottler, adding more danger to the district.

@ DoubleOGJohnson

I'll ask you again - where in the game can see these statistics ? I would like to see them myself in my own game. Or are you just making all this stuff up ?

Yeah because all African-American communities are GHETTO.

What about the whites????????

JRock11
  • JRock11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

I'll go wit north holland and northwood

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:54 AM

For crime overall, I'm going to go with Bohan. Unlike the other boroughs, you can go anywhere in Bohan and it gets messy. Bohan as a whole has horrible "city zoning" so you have hot spots for crime basically everywhere. There's really not a good part of Bohan besides the Boulevard area and the inactive industrial neighborhoods. Now if you're looking for one of the worse "hot spots" regardless of the borough as a whole, then North Holland probably has the worse. I forgot the name of the housing projects, but the corner of Ivy Drive North & Galveston Ave is like a fortress for MOB. You basically walk down the steps into the housing projects and you're surrounded on both sides by the towering high rises. I've been caught a few times in a triangle-style ambush by MOB members because of the layout of the PJs. This little pocket of PJs stays hot and active 24/7. I think the Firefly PJs are overrated just because their so large. The northern portions of the Firefly Projects are kind of dead/vacant with your regular neighborhood joes walking around. Even though MOB members stay deep on Crockett Ave & Onondaga Ave, they're kept in check and aren't as wild as other neighborhoods. Number 1, the Russians also stay deep and keep them from trying to push a line towards Hove Beach area. Number 2, the area is too busy and it's vicinity to Beachgate keeps the area hot with law enforcement. So for a recap, you want to experience a rowdy borough where crime is basically everywhere ? Bohan is for you. If you want a real grimey spot that is confined to a small area, but more violent than a spread-out borough like Bohan, then the North Holland area is your best bet.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

@human_nature42

a ghetto is a neighborhood that is primarily populated by an ethnic minority, so there aren't any "white ghettos" in LC. seems the word ghetto has been lost in translation and now some people think it means hard or tough.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:21 PM Edited by Official General, 06 March 2011 - 12:23 PM.

QUOTE (human_nature42 @ Mar 6 2011, 02:19)

@ DoubleOGJohnson

@ Vercetti27

Thank you for setting the record straight and explaining the modern-day meaning of the word 'ghetto' to human_nature42.

@ human_nature42

I must actually remind you, if you don't know, that I'm black myself, born and raised in London (UK) and I'm mostly of Nigerian descent and via my grandmother, I'm of partial African-American descent. I've been to America many times too. I'm not stupid or ignorant, and of course I do know that not all African-American minorities are not ghetto - and there is no where in my comment that indicates that I said that. So I really dont know what your point is or why you mentioned it. I was talking about predominatly black ghetto areas in particular within the game and what makes them feel rough and ghetto, thats why I mentioned the Firefly Projects, because how I described it is just as it is.

In most American cities, there certainly are poor, rough white areas of course. But I would imagine that these areas are not necessarily what one would call 'ghettoes'. They would more be classed as 'just poor districts'. I really don't think that these 'poor white areas' in US cities are not as marginalised as the poor Black or Hispanic areas. I'm pretty sure that these poor White areas do not experience high levels of gun crime, gang activity and drug-related violence like the Black and Hispanic ghettoes do. Now I'm not saying that the poor white areas do not have these kind of things going on, I'm just saying that I can't see them being problematic enough on a large scale to be classed as ghettoes.

Lets face it man, in the USA, its generally the poor, predominantly Black and sometimes Hispanic neighbourhoods that are truly classed as ghettoes, and most of the time, it clearly shows why. This is due to many socio-political reasons of course.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Cash High @ Mar 6 2011, 04:54)
For crime overall, I'm going to go with Bohan. Unlike the other boroughs, you can go anywhere in Bohan and it gets messy. Bohan as a whole has horrible "city zoning" so you have hot spots for crime basically everywhere. There's really not a good part of Bohan besides the Boulevard area and the inactive industrial neighborhoods. Now if you're looking for one of the worse "hot spots" regardless of the borough as a whole, then North Holland probably has the worse. I forgot the name of the housing projects, but the corner of Ivy Drive North & Galveston Ave is like a fortress for MOB. You basically walk down the steps into the housing projects and you're surrounded on both sides by the towering high rises. I've been caught a few times in a triangle-style ambush by MOB members because of the layout of the PJs. This little pocket of PJs stays hot and active 24/7. I think the Firefly PJs are overrated just because their so large. The northern portions of the Firefly Projects are kind of dead/vacant with your regular neighborhood joes walking around. Even though MOB members stay deep on Crockett Ave & Onondaga Ave, they're kept in check and aren't as wild as other neighborhoods. Number 1, the Russians also stay deep and keep them from trying to push a line towards Hove Beach area. Number 2, the area is too busy and it's vicinity to Beachgate keeps the area hot with law enforcement. So for a recap, you want to experience a rowdy borough where crime is basically everywhere ? Bohan is for you. If you want a real grimey spot that is confined to a small area, but more violent than a spread-out borough like Bohan, then the North Holland area is your best bet.

@ Cash High

I kinda disagree with you. North Holland's only real dangerous part are those projects where the North Holland Hustler/M.O.B gangs are seen hanging around. I will agree that project in North Holland you are talking about is hot with gangs and crime. But the rest of North Holland is generally relatively calm and ok.

In the Firefly Projects, in addition to the area teeming with fully-armed gang members, you also have tons of crack addicts and baseheads walking the streets. Prostitutes on the street corners aswell. I say Firefly Projects for me.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:12 PM Edited by human_nature42, 06 March 2011 - 11:24 PM.

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Mar 6 2011, 11:35)
@human_nature42

a ghetto is a neighborhood that is primarily populated by an ethnic minority, so there aren't any "white ghettos" in LC. seems the word ghetto has been lost in translation and now some people think it means hard or tough.

Forget it.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:15 PM Edited by human_nature42, 06 March 2011 - 11:24 PM.

QUOTE (Official General @ Mar 6 2011, 12:21)

@ DoubleOGJohnson

@ Vercetti27

Thank you for setting the record straight and explaining the modern-day meaning of the word 'ghetto' to human_nature42.

@ human_nature42

I must actually remind you, if you don't know, that I'm black myself, born and raised in London (UK) and I'm mostly of Nigerian descent and via my grandmother, I'm of partial African-American descent. I've been to America many times too. I'm not stupid or ignorant, and of course I do know that not all African-American minorities are not ghetto - and there is no where in my comment that indicates that I said that. So I really dont know what your point is or why you mentioned it. I was talking about predominatly black ghetto areas in particular within the game and what makes them feel rough and ghetto, thats why I mentioned the Firefly Projects, because how I described it is just as it is.

In most American cities, there certainly are poor, rough white areas of course. But I would imagine that these areas are not necessarily what one would call 'ghettoes'. They would more be classed as 'just poor districts'. I really don't think that these 'poor white areas' in US cities are not as marginalised as the poor Black or Hispanic areas. I'm pretty sure that these poor White areas do not experience high levels of gun crime, gang activity and drug-related violence like the Black and Hispanic ghettoes do. Now I'm not saying that the poor white areas do not have these kind of things going on, I'm just saying that I can't see them being problematic enough on a large scale to be classed as ghettoes.

Lets face it man, in the USA, its generally the poor, predominantly Black and sometimes Hispanic neighbourhoods that are truly classed as ghettoes, and most of the time, it clearly shows why. This is due to many socio-political reasons of course.

I know the original definition ghetto, so he/she didn't really set anything straight.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (human_nature42 @ Mar 6 2011, 23:15)

@ DoubleOGJohnson

@ Vercetti27

@ human_nature42

I know the original definition ghetto, so he/she didn't really set anything straight.

@ human_nature42

Well I've set my point with you straight and thats what matters to me. End of discussion.

UbK_families
  • UbK_families

YG Cash

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:30 AM Edited by UbK_families, 28 April 2011 - 11:37 PM.

i gotta say either south bohan or uptown algonquin its spots in those areas that look like 3rd world countries uptown got projects that look like a crack den. As for crime algonquin is the most dangerous in stat crime but i think bohan could be number 1 as well. But let me just say alderney is way more dangerous than liberty city as of now in my game acter industrial park averages a murder a day alone. Not to mention tudor acter and berchem.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (UbK_families @ Mar 7 2011, 02:30)
i gotta say either south bohan or uptown algonquin its spots in those areas that look like 3rd world countries uptown got projects that look like a crack den. As for crime algonquin is the most dangerous in stat crime but i think bohan could be number 1 as well. But let me just say alderney is way more dangerous than liberty city as of now in my game acter industrial park averages 2 murders a day alone. Not to mention tudor acter and berchem.

For the last time, where do you get these crime stats in the game FROM !! Some please tell me !!

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

Downtown Algonquin man. It's hard out there.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

By ghetto, you probably mean the infamous public housing/projects, located throughout the city.
I know these spots like my own city, so I'd advice to go to North Holland, East Holland and Northwood Uptown Algonquin, counterparts to Harlem, Spanish Harlem and Washington Heights.
Also, in Algonquin, go check out President's City, most likely a counterpart to Alphabet City in Manhattan's East Village.

If you go to Broker, check out Firefly Projects.

In Alderney, projects in West Tudor by the highway serve as the only public housing in Alderney, despite the low-income neighborhood of Acter.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Mar 7 2011, 02:02)
QUOTE (human_nature42 @ Mar 6 2011, 23:15)

@ DoubleOGJohnson

@ Vercetti27

@ human_nature42

@ human_nature42

Well I've set my point with you straight and thats what matters to me. End of discussion.

Yeah too bad I didn't read all that.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Mar 7 2011, 08:07)
By ghetto, you probably mean the infamous public housing/projects, located throughout the city.
I know these spots like my own city, so I'd advice to go to North Holland, East Holland and Northwood Uptown Algonquin, counterparts to Harlem, Spanish Harlem and Washington Heights.
Also, in Algonquin, go check out President's City, most likely a counterpart to Alphabet City in Manhattan's East Village.

If you go to Broker, check out Firefly Projects.

In Alderney, projects in West Tudor by the highway serve as the only public housing in Alderney, despite the low-income neighborhood of Acter.

Right because people have different definition of the word ghetto.

Most likely this thread is talking about the HIGHLY misused version.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

@ human_nature42

Ok I now see what you are doing. You're just looking for negative attention on this thread, and you are trying to start some kind of conflict with your fellow forum members to get it.

I was just simply trying to have an open discussion about this interesting subject with you, but it seems like you want beef.

Well, sorry to disappoint you as I'm not getting into all of that.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Outside of Bohan, people sleep on Dukes but Dukes gets down. East Island City in particular is rough. It's a real industrial neighborhood, but it has alot of foot trafic especially on Hooper. Plus the main shopping part of Dukes Boulevard runs through EIC.

When it comes to Broker, the roughest areas of BK are east of Montauk Ave. When you cross Montauk, its a different world. The only exception to the rule is South Slopes, which only had 5 homicides for the entire year of 2010. Firefly Projects is the hoodest area of BK out of all the neighborhoods in Broker. Firefly Projects has been going hard for years, even before G's and B's. E/S NHG originates in Firefly PJs and alot of the M.O.B. cats who originally got down with UGN in prison like OG Smoke, OG Lo, OG Gift, and OG Fresh came from Firefly. OG Fresh went into ASCF repping M.O.B., but came out repping E/S NHG. OG Redeye started UGN and was the leader of E/S NHG, but he got exposed for lying, so OG Snipe took E/S NHG away from him and then got put down official under me. OG Snipe got 5 hoods now under him including Firefly.

Now as far as Algonquin goes, Northwood is the hoodest. Northwood is right across the bridge from Bohan. The hoods in Algonquin look nice because Algonquin is has to well kept since that's where the tourists hang. But the city left other areas for dead, like Bohan. But back in the day Uptown was worse. Because if you go to Holland, you'll see the remains of a few boarded up buildings but that's from the old days. Holland got cleaned up somewhat. It aint what it used to be.

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:40 PM Edited by Cash High, 09 March 2011 - 09:57 PM.

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Mar 9 2011, 10:03)
Outside of Bohan, people sleep on Dukes but Dukes gets down. East Island City in particular is rough. It's a real industrial neighborhood, but it has alot of foot trafic especially on Hooper. Plus the main shopping part of Dukes Boulevard runs through EIC.

When it comes to Broker, the roughest areas of BK are east of Montauk Ave. When you cross Montauk, its a different world. The only exception to the rule is South Slopes, which only had 5 homicides for the entire year of 2010. Firefly Projects is the hoodest area of BK out of all the neighborhoods in Broker. Firefly Projects has been going hard for years, even before G's and B's. E/S NHG originates in Firefly PJs and alot of the M.O.B. cats who originally got down with UGN in prison like OG Smoke, OG Lo, OG Gift, and OG Fresh came from Firefly. OG Fresh went into ASCF repping M.O.B., but came out repping E/S NHG. OG Redeye started UGN and was the leader of E/S NHG, but he got exposed for lying, so OG Snipe took E/S NHG away from him and then got put down official under me. OG Snipe got 5 hoods now under him including Firefly.

Now as far as Algonquin goes, Northwood is the hoodest. Northwood is right across the bridge from Bohan. The hoods in Algonquin look nice because Algonquin is has to well kept since that's where the tourists hang. But the city left other areas for dead, like Bohan. But back in the day Uptown was worse. Because if you go to Holland, you'll see the remains of a few boarded up buildings but that's from the old days. Holland got cleaned up somewhat. It aint what it used to be.

People sleep on Dukes because besides Cerveza Heights, and a small part of Willis bordering Beechwood City, it's mostly a middle class residential borough. Yeah, you have Steinway projects, but most of the time it's quiet with the Irish controlling all the turf right outside the PJ's. And East Island City is nothing but a bunch of run down Industrial buildings with a few housing developments.
In Dukes, to me, Cerveza Heights definitely takes the cake for being the most dangerous. When you turn onto Huntington St. it's like a fortress for the Spanish Lords. They're always deep outside of the Cluckin' Bell and if you ever get caught in a gunfight you're in a tough spot because they can easily ambush you from both directions.

I agree with you about everything east of Montauk Ave being more run down. And of course Firefly PJ's are the most notorious in BROKER. They're over hyped because that's the first PJ's that the player sees when they start playing, so naturally they're going to think it's the worse. But you can't sleep on Hove Beach. The Russians will definitely bring the gun play and are always into it with MOB on Onondaga Ave. I don't know what you mean with all that NHG stuff but the only gang that I know in Firefly is MOB.

Now on Algonquin, Northwood is really not rough at all. The only reason their may be violence there is because of the close proximity to North Holland bordering it to the south. All the PJ's in Northwood are dead with normal citizens walking around. Now when you pass Wardite St and enter North Holland, that's when the rough PJ's start to show up. Like I said earlier, the Westminster (sp?) Projects east of Galveston Ave are the worst in Algonquin, no debate. East Holland is more violent than Northwood also. The Puerto Ricans in East Holland will quickly fill you up with lead if you go over there starting trouble. Northwood looks grimey because of the handful of PJ's they have, but in reality besides the Northwood Dominicans, Northwood is dead.

Lol, I know I wrote alot, but I like exploring stuff like this. Help GTA IV to stay interesting after the missions.

Steinway Hooligan
  • Steinway Hooligan

can't wait for GTA:Censored

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

it gets reel rough down my hood in Steinway, we get some small time fools, call themselves the "McRearys" busting our balls, but we usually sort them out reel fast. East Island City (or "EIC") as we call it is reel rough sometimes, us hardcore irish gangbangers have it reel hard up here in the east side of Dukes brother.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Schottler, North Holland, East Holland

james_st_gsf
  • james_st_gsf

james st hustler

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

acter is the worst

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Monday, Mar 7 2011, 03:50)
QUOTE (UbK_families @ Mar 7 2011, 02:30)
i gotta say either south bohan or uptown algonquin its spots in those areas that look like 3rd world countries uptown got projects that look like a crack den. As for crime algonquin is the most dangerous in stat crime but i think bohan could be number 1 as well. But let me just say alderney is way more dangerous than liberty city as of now in my game acter industrial park averages 2 murders a day alone. Not to mention tudor acter and berchem.

For the last time, where do you get these crime stats in the game FROM !! Some please tell me !!

nobody is going to tell you

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

My idol is Sam Houser

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

i think it is Northwood(+east -westholland)

because look inside their apartments its dirty ,it looks like sh*t ,its graffiti everywhere, it is gangster walking around everywhere, and everytime i steal i car i get like 3 shooters at me(not cops, gangster and bikers)! yea i think thats the most ghetto and dangerous area in LC !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users