Quantcast

» «
Photo

AL Vs. NL

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Which One is better.? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Which One is better.?

1. AL (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. NL (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

Who do you think is better or which one is your favorite in Baseball.? AL is way Better smile.gif.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

If the AL is way better, then why is the current WS champ from the NL, and why did they win the all star game?

It's hard to compare. The NL has better pitching, but that is likely a product of the pitchers hitting. The AL has better hitting, which is likely a product of the Designated hitter.

That said, I think the AL is deeper and has more good teams, but not a lot better.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

The NL won the All-Star game because like you said, they have better pitching, and the game was started at 5pm local time. 5pm is the absolute worst time to start a game in terms of the position of the sun. There are shadows all over the in-field at Angels Stadium. The batters never had a chance with that ball disappearing about half-way to the plate.

I think it's equal. The AL have more batters, and historically higher profile teams.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

Yes the NL did win the AllStar game last season but the AL was on a streak for a while before that. I'm not really sure what we should compare them to. Better teams, best player, best batters, best pitching, best defense?

Best Teams - AL by far. Redsox, Yanks, Rays, Twins, Whitesox, Rangers, Angels, Athletics. Then in the NL you have Braves, Phils, Cards, Rockies/Giants.

Best Hitters - Very tough but if you want to say individuals I'm going with the NL. Team wise I'm going to go with the AL.

Best Pitching - NL and its not even close. Halladay, Lincicum(SP), Hamels, Lee, Oswalt, Carpenter, Wainwright, Johnson, Santana.

Best Defense - NL

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Runey. @ Mar 5 2011, 04:49)
If the AL is way better, then why is the current WS champ from the NL, and why did they win the all star game?

It's hard to compare. The NL has better pitching, but that is likely a product of the pitchers hitting. The AL has better hitting, which is likely a product of the Designated hitter.

That said, I think the AL is deeper and has more good teams, but not a lot better.

Ahem to that bro AL all the way.!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users