got some times on your hands?

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (grizzbizz @ Wednesday, Aug 3 2011, 00:48)
got some times on your hands?

Hm?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 05:02)
@akavari112:That's what I tried doing with the Carcer Beatz. And I like the name suggestion by the way. I will be adding more radio stations in addition to the Grunge one.

On another note, I have started work on a newer and much larger map,
user posted image

cool map!

maybe a countryside for dumping bodies & whatnot. hell, maybe even put starkweathers estate & that mental hospital in there

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Aug 27 2011, 17:32)
@akavari112:That's what I tried doing with the Carcer Beatz. And I like the name suggestion by the way. I will be adding more radio stations in addition to the Grunge one.

user posted image

cool map!

maybe a countryside for dumping bodies & whatnot. hell, maybe even put starkweathers estate & that mental hospital in there

To be honest I am just going to leave this concept the way it is and do something else. I am thinking of doing a concept set in London or New England.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Page stealing c*nt

• The Yardies
  • Saint-Helena
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:09 AM

New England is an original concept icon14.gif

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Thursday, Sep 22 2011, 06:09)
New England is an original concept icon14.gif

Thank you. To me New England is perfect because you have Boston which has a history with the Irish mob, you also have both large and small cities, lots of countryside featuring lots of small towns. Not to mention almost each state in New England has it's own culture that is ripe for parody and as well as the New England culture in general.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Page stealing c*nt

• The Yardies
  • Saint-Helena

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

I agree. I say do it icon14.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Wednesday, Sep 21 2011, 21:45)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Aug 27 2011, 17:32)

user posted image

cool map!

To be honest I am just going to leave this concept the way it is and do something else. I am thinking of doing a concept set in London or New England.

didn't you have something like that with "new britian"?

nonetheless, I can help you pick out a soundtrack. i go through some of the best music experts (my friends) and pick out a soundtrack right for you. i can then post them here, or i can send them to you via facebook

still, if you need any help, im just a pm away

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

I would go for Boston exclusively as a setting, that would be interesting. Rather than making up a New England 'state' you could create a faithfully realistic depiction of Boston.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

@Universal Twisters: My friend I already have a soundtrack planned out in my head.

@Akavari: Well to be honest I think that most people would find just Boston as too similar to Liberty City plus with New England you have a large map with the countryside that people have wanted for a while now.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Friday, Sep 23 2011, 19:55)
@Universal Twisters: My friend I already have a soundtrack planned out in my head.

didnt you do that new britan thing?

maybe you can revive it

btw, if u need any help, let me know

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Sep 23 2011, 20:14)

maybe you can revive it

I don't remember.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Friday, Sep 23 2011, 20:18)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Sep 23 2011, 20:14)

maybe you can revive it

I don't remember.

you dont remember that new britian thread of yours?

damn

it was basically a gta that took place in new england with a nameless protagonist

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Page stealing c*nt

• The Yardies
  • Saint-Helena

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Yeah I remember that concept. I'm sure it was you Seth who made it.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:26 AM Edited by sethpenguin, 25 September 2011 - 01:31 AM.

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Saturday, Sep 24 2011, 09:27)

Now I remember it! I might just straight up call it New England instead of New Britain. Also I am going to do a proper Irish Mob story.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Sep 25 2011, 01:26)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Saturday, Sep 24 2011, 09:27)

Now I remember it! I might just straight up call it New England instead of New Britain. Also I am going to do a proper Irish Mob story.

good

try to keep it like new britian tho. i remember some of the stuff

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Yeah, I remember working with Seth on New Britain a while back.

Good luck! icon14.gif

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys! I've started some work on New Britain! At the moment I am working on the soundtrack, vehicles, weapons, TV shows and Internet since these are easier things for me to write when coming up with a concept.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Sep 25 2011, 14:09)
Thanks for the compliments guys! I've started some work on New Britain! At the moment I am working on the soundtrack, vehicles, weapons, TV shows and Internet since these are easier things for me to write when coming up with a concept.

for reals bro, you need any help with it? im more than willing to give you help

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Sep 25 2011, 14:28)
QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Sep 25 2011, 14:09)

for reals bro, you need any help with it? im more than willing to give you help

No I'm all set but thanks for the offer.

kaiouti
  • kaiouti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:01 AM Edited by kaiouti, 24 October 2011 - 03:03 AM.

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, May 29 2011, 15:48)
Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm thinking about maybe redoing this entire concept, again. I really don't think 1996 was a big year and so I'm thinking that a 3.0 would feature the Mid-90's in general as a setting which means that a lot of the media and pop culture would be from 1994 to 96, as well as some from the early 90's. I mean I really wanted to include Grunge but Grunge died out by 1996 and to me, Grunge music and the fashion really fit Ricky well. Also there are more things I want to change including the map ,after seeing L.A Noire's map I really wanted to make a better map of Carcer that was more detailed. I also want to include some more weapons.

Cool...will it be something like 1988-1994? Considering your main character gets out of Jail at the start maybe 1989-91?
That way when his Uncle is referring to the times changing it would be at the start of the 90's blow up of culture.

Also do you have an Idea of a name for Corey James' brother? Will he be younger or older?
Because I'd really like it if you could use "Jesse" (Considering thats my first name) just as long as he's not a coward, not younger and not "as into" illegal drugs or drug trafficking (but maybe some illegal distrubution of legal meds?) smile.gif

(Oh...I just realised you already do have Corey's brother listed just with the wrong last name though)

Well can you made it that the Grenade's are the Pineapple Type? Because the kick*ss

Anyways good work putting this thread together!

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (kaiouti @ Monday, Oct 24 2011, 03:01)
QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, May 29 2011, 15:48)
Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm thinking about maybe redoing this entire concept, again. I really don't think 1996 was a big year and so I'm thinking that a 3.0 would feature the Mid-90's in general as a setting which means that a lot of the media and pop culture would be from 1994 to 96, as well as some from the early 90's. I mean I really wanted to include Grunge but Grunge died out by 1996 and to me, Grunge music and the fashion really fit Ricky well. Also there are more things I want to change including the map ,after seeing L.A Noire's map I really wanted to make a better map of Carcer that was more detailed. I also want to include some more weapons.

Cool...will it be something like 1988-1994? Considering your main character gets out of Jail at the start maybe 1989-91?
That way when his Uncle is referring to the times changing it would be at the start of the 90's blow up of culture.

Also do you have an Idea of a name for Corey James' brother? Will he be younger or older?
Because I'd really like it if you could use "Jesse" (Considering thats my first name) just as long as he's not a coward, not younger and not "as into" illegal drugs or drug trafficking (but maybe some illegal distrubution of legal meds?) smile.gif

(Oh...I just realised you already do have Corey's brother listed just with the wrong last name though)

Well can you made it that the Grenade's are the Pineapple Type? Because the kick*ss

Anyways good work putting this thread together!

Thank you very much for the compliments! I'm not going to be doing work on this concept for a long time however, instead I've gone to make a New England based concept even though V has been announced.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

Is this a mod? If yes when it'll be completed?

kmasdmk
  • kmasdmk

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Congrat. This is wow.gif
Just two words: Good luck !

kane1368
  • kane1368

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Have you actually mad this or not? Either way its awesome but if u have I WANT IT REALLY BAD!!!!!!

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Man, you really got all this mapped out good. Excellent work. I'd love to see this as an actual game. It's like a fusion of Manhunt and GTA. Perfect blend! I had a similar idea of blending the free open world of GTA with the grungy dark gang underworld of Manhunt 1 & 2 (but most of the gangs being from 1) along with the brutality and twisted gameplay of Manhunt, combined with the free roaming shoot 'em up style of GTA.

I think this could be an incredible game. F*ckin' LOVE this idea. One thing I think would be most important though is a good story. I don't mean just "I wanna kill gangs and make money" for 86 missions. I want a legit good story with characters you actually care about. I think that, in addition to the chaos and carnage gameplay, would make the game perfect.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Monday, May 7 2012, 05:30)
Man, you really got all this mapped out good. Excellent work. I'd love to see this as an actual game. It's like a fusion of Manhunt and GTA. Perfect blend! I had a similar idea of blending the free open world of GTA with the grungy dark gang underworld of Manhunt 1 & 2 (but most of the gangs being from 1) along with the brutality and twisted gameplay of Manhunt, combined with the free roaming shoot 'em up style of GTA.

I think this could be an incredible game. F*ckin' LOVE this idea. One thing I think would be most important though is a good story. I don't mean just "I wanna kill gangs and make money" for 86 missions. I want a legit good story with characters you actually care about. I think that, in addition to the chaos and carnage gameplay, would make the game perfect.

Thank you very much, I felt like a dark, gritty GTA really needed to be done, plus the culture of the mid-90's would be perfect for GTA. I honestly prefer stories like Niko and Johnny's and that's why I made this story the way it is in contrast to most of the rags to riches that the other concept threads have. If you liked this concept thread then you and everyone else is in for a big treat soon as I plan on writing a prequel story to this concept set in 1988!
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

While "Hunter" isn't a BAD song, I would have picked a different Godflesh tune. Maybe "Mothra" or "Xnoybis".

"Stacey The Teenage Bitch": THIS had my sides hurting I was laughing so hard. I have a relative with that name and when she lived with me when I was a kid (I was 11 and she was 16), we were constantly at each other's throats. lol.gif

savagejustice85
  • savagejustice85

At First you don't succeed, try, try again

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

could use more manhunt gangs like the wardogs,smiles etc

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

GTAVI featuring the entire US with several cities would have to contain Carcer City. I see Carcer City as a mix between Midwest cities, Chicago and Detroit. This would include:
highrise skyscrapers
elevated trains
large waterfront
high crime neighborhoods
urban decay
large industrial plants
car manufacturing factories - including assembly lines of cars being made. You have the ability to hop in and drive unfinished vehicles, or drive finished cars right off the assembly line.

Outside of the city limits can be agricultural land. Fields and fields of crops and scattering of small towns, and farms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users