Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Carcer City

106 replies to this topic
drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

Loving it seth, What happened to the simcity screenshots?

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm thinking about maybe redoing this entire concept, again. I really don't think 1996 was a big year and so I'm thinking that a 3.0 would feature the Mid-90's in general as a setting which means that a lot of the media and pop culture would be from 1994 to 96, as well as some from the early 90's. I mean I really wanted to include Grunge but Grunge died out by 1996 and to me, Grunge music and the fashion really fit Ricky well. Also there are more things I want to change including the map ,after seeing L.A Noire's map I really wanted to make a better map of Carcer that was more detailed. I also want to include some more weapons.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

I think the year is fine in terms of pop culture. It allows for a perfectly original soundtrack and grunge style that reflects Carcer City. I don't see how changing it by one year will make that big of a difference. I think instead you should work on a more solid story, possibly write it out in chapters or missions to help fuel the topic's following. I can make a weapons table if you'd like, I really enjoy finding weapons for different year settings.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

no offence, but why did you redo it? other than that, job well done

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

God Seth, you and me both have had absolutely no traffic to our concepts, but this is somert else totally- I have no idea why it isn't up their with the big Vice City and San Andreas concepts...

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (drscot @ Sunday, Jun 5 2011, 12:02)
God Seth, you and me both have had absolutely no traffic to our concepts, but this is somert else totally- I have no idea why it isn't up their with the big Vice City and San Andreas concepts...

Because they don't want to have a dark and gritty setting like Carcer City.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

nice thread though i always imagined carcer city to be in pennsylvania or maryland lolz

btw, whyd you start this thread over?

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Tuesday, Jun 21 2011, 03:10)
nice thread though i always imagined carcer city to be in pennsylvania or maryland lolz

The original thread was garbage in my opinion and I feel like this thread is a bit sh*tty too. But then again I think it's because this thread barely get's any feedback, like any concept I make.

On another note I think I should scrap the idea of a 3.0 and let this thread die, well actually that already happened. I already am creating a concept for a science fiction setting/universe on the Creative Sci-Fi Wiki, and I have a concept for a non-GTA free roam game that I'd like to see Rockstar create someday (if anyone wants any details, PM me), and I don't think I should waste my time on creating another rehash of the same concept that is better than the last but still barely gets any attention than the last meanwhile all the Vice City and San Andreas and DLC concepts with the heavy loads of graphics and images get all the attention.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

I liked your first version of this thread better, I think this one has too many tables and not too little weapons. I'm still citing your Carcer City concept(s) as an inspiration in my upcoming topic, they're really good icon14.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 03:11)
I liked your first version of this thread better, I think this one has too many tables and not too little weapons. I'm still citing your Carcer City concept(s) as an inspiration in my upcoming topic, they're really good icon14.gif

I agree there is too many tables for my liking but this is still very good icon14.gif

grandtheftrio27
  • grandtheftrio27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Pretty Cool.
I Would Take It.
But what I Like better about GTA is that the settings are based on real places so maybe you could base it on Pittsburg or Detroit and Then Rework the map than it would be better in my opinoin

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 22:37)

The original thread was garbage in my opinion and I feel like this thread is a bit sh*tty too. But then again I think it's because this thread barely get's any feedback, like any concept I make.

On another note I think I should scrap the idea of a 3.0 and let this thread die, well actually that already happened. I already am creating a concept for a science fiction setting/universe on the Creative Sci-Fi Wiki, and I have a concept for a non-GTA free roam game that I'd like to see Rockstar create someday (if anyone wants any details, PM me), and I don't think I should waste my time on creating another rehash of the same concept that is better than the last but still barely gets any attention than the last meanwhile all the Vice City and San Andreas and DLC concepts with the heavy loads of graphics and images get all the attention.

don't feel down that your thread isn't getting any replies, my thread hasn't gotten a reply in about a month. But still, it's good to see that people care like you and me about the non-regular cities, and it would be nice for rockstar to make a game in, your case, carcer city, or in my case, western maryland

tl;dr, hang in there. Carcer city and other places will soon get the respect it deserves. look at thames city!

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Some of the tables could do with a bit of tidying up, but on the flip side of the coin the gang tables offer a depth and detail that really are second to none. I really admire the effort you've put into this, so it would be a shame to lay it to waste. Don't worry too much about this not pulling in the replies - the ongoing lapse of activity is to blame for that - just focus on trying to draw people in further with missions or even alterations to the main post. You're much better off doing that than putting your time and effort into a third version of the same, or even filling out the post with a flashy hoard of unnecessary graphics.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 23:37)

Well actually barely any concepts get attention these days confused.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 21:54)

i disagree. just all the ones that arent vice city/san andreas/dlc related.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 23:11)

No way. Hardly any concepts are getting made and back in the NeXt there was always concepts being made and original ones too.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 22:17)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 23:11)

No way. Hardly any concepts are getting made and back in the NeXt there was always concepts being made and original ones too.

well even though that concepts arent being made, its nice to know that people like you, me, seth, etc. arent afraid to step outside the "classic zone" and explore the parts of the world that gta hasnt touched.

also, be thankful that anyman1337 is offline smile.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

The GTA Series Chat Awards provides a pretty good platform for people to step outside the norm. I think a lot of the issue here is that people are attracted to make and respond to concepts that are based on the location they think the next game will be set in, the most obvious locations being San Andreas and Vice City. Seen as the awards are based around using your imagination to build a concept exclusively as a competition entry, people don't have to conform to what they think will be. They can go outside the box and use locations such as Chicago, Detroit, London, Australia, West Maryland, wherever.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

That is what I aimed to do with GTA Series Chat Awards. Bring new ideas to the table and get more people involved with concepts icon14.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 23:40)
That is what I aimed to do with GTA Series Chat Awards. Bring new ideas to the table and get more people involved with concepts icon14.gif

i just dont get why people just dont spread their wings and "fly" outside of liberty city, vice city, or san andreas.

its like vinyl collecting: it used to be big, but now, only, like, 20 people do it. I know those arent the real numbers, but it feels that way

Skourge
  • Skourge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

Wow man, this isn't too shabby! Really good work dude.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

You know what, I think I'm going to do a massive face-lift to this thread, add all the changes I would do with a 3.0 version of this concept but with this thread. Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm going to get rid of the weapon icons, some of the tables, and I'm going update a lot of the content, including the story. Oh and just out of curiosity, would anybody like to see some Grunge get injected into the soundtrack?

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Definitely, I'm liking how this is going and I'm looking forward to your updates, I'm not a huge fan of the tables so I'm really glad you're getting rid of those. I really like it that you're taking the time to do this to a thread you did a while ago, promising.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

I like the dark 90s theme, some grunge would do very nicely and possibly merit its own fine-tuned station. I'm glad you are scrapping some of the tables and renovating this. I referenced this concept in my credits for influence. Seth did you ever decide if you would let me use that old map Sammiidoogles made?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 17:58)
You know what, I think I'm going to do a massive face-lift to this thread, add all the changes I would do with a 3.0 version of this concept but with this thread. Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm going to get rid of the weapon icons, some of the tables, and I'm going update a lot of the content, including the story. Oh and just out of curiosity, would anybody like to see some Grunge get injected into the soundtrack?

yea, the tables are really a turn-off

still, grunge is okay. Plus, maybe you can add a techno station with terrorcore-the scariest techno.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 17:58)

Your soundtrack is spot on, and is too an influence for me in terms of setting the benchmark for a gritty nineties feel. Grunge would only add to the atmosphere, so it would be good to include.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

I'm glad that there are people who actually enjoy the dark mid-1990's theme. I don't understand why nobody realizes that they have much potential for a Grand Theft Auto game. I mean a lot of the East Coast cities in the US where still crime centers, it was even worse in Rust Belt cities like Carcer and that's why I choose the early-mid 1990s as my setting.

Just out of curiosity, what should I call the Grunge station?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:07 PM Edited by akavari112, 30 July 2011 - 11:11 PM.

Maybe something gritty, like Dirt? I like the grunge theme but I think there should be other accents in the concept to reflect other parts of the mid-90s. 1996 was around the end of that golden era of hip hop and gangsta rap, which was touched on in San Andreas. I'd like to see some violent drug dealers in the projects killing each other like barbarians for the control of drug spots. It would be equally gritty, with atmosphere like this in the projects and slums.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

@akavari112:That's what I tried doing with the Carcer Beatz. And I like the name suggestion by the way. I will be adding more radio stations in addition to the Grunge one.

On another note, I have started work on a newer and much larger map,
user posted image

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

Oh wow, that station managed to slip by me. Really nice setlist, basically sums up what I described, haha. The new map looks promising, however you should make sure to delete the black background this time. It looks a little smoother that way, with a transparent background behind the landmasses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users