Photo

Saint Marks Bistro .. not cut scene?

16 replies to this topic
JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

What do I have to do to get to the cut scenes of LC in the mission? I flew over the marker 8 times and nothing ever happened. I saw no corona or anything. I just finally got tired and jumped out of the jet and it told me to get back in.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

There's no corona. It's just a waypoint that you're supposed to reach and once there, it triggers the cutscene.

Do you have any mods installed? Or anything alien to the game that could affect the mission in some way?

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

NEver used cheats or mods. I don't know why it doesn't work sad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Download a savefile from this topic, just before the mission 'Saint Mark's Bistro'. Try to complete the mission using that save and let us know if it works.

Or you can post your savefile here and someone can check it out for you. That way, we can decide whether there's something wrong with your save or your game.

In the meantime, reinstall the game and delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder. See if it helps.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

When you fly towards the marker keep it a square by going up or down. It will change to a triangle point up if you're too high & point down if you're low.
Hope this helps!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

Further...
If you fly high (so that the marker points down) as you approach the marker dive. That trips it easily.

And when you do make it out. Don't forget to put the landing gear down when you return to land at the LV airport.

With a FireProof CJ use the molotov's to clear out the Cafe.
The Game Changes any pistol CJ has to the 9mm.

icon14.gif

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

I finally got it to work on the 3rd try then crashed the jet trying to land on the way back. FML smile.gif I was probably flying oo low/high. I don't know.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

As said, the usual way to crash when returning to LV is forgetting to put the Landing Gear down.
Did you know you don't have to land ON the runway? Put down safely anywhere on the Field and taxi to the hangers/car park area. Get your new body armour there (or at the north end of the runway).

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

I guess I suck I can't land the damn thing. I pull the landing gear out but I keep crashing into something slowing the plane down. I tried to get out and walk and it told me to get back in then the thing exploded. W.T.F.

If someone wants to put me out of my misery it's cool. At least I know I can pass about 99% of the mission http://gtasnp.com/25023

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:30 PM Edited by lil weasel, 25 February 2011 - 11:47 PM.

OK.

For: JustinGunnar
Missions: Saint Mark's Bistro
Link: http://gtasnp.com/25024
Notes: Got body armour from hanger.
20,000$ added to account.
Complete

Carry On! icon14.gif

Did you by chance change the View (V) when it suggested it? And fail to turn it back to normal when you returned?

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

Thank you. No I didn't change the view. I guess I'm not good at landing because I rarely fly, you do it for me! smile.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

You're Welcome.

Have you thought of getting a USB GamePad (i.e. Logitech Dual Action (t))?

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

I hadn't. I just play on keyboard + mouse. Does the game pad make flying easier? That's my main problem with this game. I can do anything but fly .. well only if its a jet or plane I can fly, the dodo and helis I can't.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

It is VERY much easier... using the keyboard and mouse is like playing the piano, the Gampad makes it SO much easier.

JustinGunnar
  • JustinGunnar

Claudette Speed

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

LOL .. it really is like playing the piano huh? Never thought of it like that. I will look into the game pad they don't seem to be too expensive.

And girish, you saved my life! I used your troubleshooting tips on GTA3 and it freakin works! OMG I almost cried. I havent played this game since 2008 and missed it dearly. It's weird to have played SA all of this time and go back to these graphics and the simplicity, but it's still been fun and a bit nostalgic. Thanks!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

I just Installed the GTA3. The GamePad works for it too.
Be sure the GamePad you select has at least 12 buttons. (I got one with only 10, at first, didn't work quite as well obviously.)
The Seitek and Logitech both worked Very Well without using any special Drivers, straight from the Box.
There may be others.

ArmageddonGamer
  • ArmageddonGamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

you must have three hands to fly dodo or helis....take some cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users