Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who was worse Dmitri Rascalov or Ray Bulgarin?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was worse Dmitri Rascalov or Ray Bulgarin? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was worse Dmitri Rascalov or Ray Bulgarin?

1. Dimitri Rascalov (82 votes [65.08%])

Percentage of vote: 65.08%

2. Ray Bulgarin (44 votes [34.92%])

Percentage of vote: 34.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:01 AM Edited by Sam998, 24 February 2011 - 05:59 AM.

I think Ray, people trafficking, in my opinion is a lot worse than drugs and stuff. Dimitri was a total dick too, but no worse than most other criminals in the game.

Crap can someone move this to GTA IV? Sorry

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

Snarls Barkley

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:50 AM

Important to remember that there's a difference between smuggling and trafficking. It was heavily implied that Bulgarin was involved in human trafficking, which would make him down right awful. But smuggling is just assistance in illegal immigration, albeit illicit and usually involves shipping criminal in to countries.

Dimitri wouldn't rival Ray at all, if he weren't sadistic towards our beloved Niko Bellic. Although, Ray doesn't look so bad either if you consider how he was most likely suffering from a paranoid delusional disorder. I have to side with Dimitri. Dimitri used people as pawns and killed them when they were no longer a use, which he knows is just for the smug satisfaction, not business purpose. After playing TBOGT, it's clear Ray had a little more decency.

-tired ramblings

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Pedochu @ Feb 24 2011, 05:50)
Important to remember that there's a difference between smuggling and trafficking. It was heavily implied that Bulgarin was involved in human trafficking, which would make him down right awful. But smuggling is just assistance in illegal immigration, albeit illicit and usually involves shipping criminal in to countries.

Dimitri wouldn't rival Ray at all, if he weren't sadistic towards our beloved Niko Bellic. Although, Ray doesn't look so bad either if you consider how he was most likely suffering from a paranoid delusional disorder. I have to side with Dimitri. Dimitri used people as pawns and killed them when they were no longer a use, which he knows is just for the smug satisfaction, not business purpose. After playing TBOGT, it's clear Ray had a little more decency.

-tired ramblings

I've beaten TBoGT but how does that show that Ray has more decency?

And human trafficking isn't really a spur of the moment crime caused by mental illness, at least i think

Mr_Clifton
  • Mr_Clifton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

Wrong forum my Friend. This is for GTA V.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Feb 24 2011, 16:01)
I think Ray, people trafficking, in my opinion is a lot worse than drugs and stuff. Dimitri was a total dick too, but no worse than most other criminals in the game.

Crap can someone move this to GTA IV? Sorry

Lots of detail there...drugs and stuff, congratulations on another no effort thread.

Dimitri was not only involved in drug and "stuff", he was involved in kidnapping, extortion, blackmail, murder, drugs and hijacking, this is not said but i am sure that dimitri burnt down romans apartment and cab business, kidnaps roman twice, and niko once, and betrays you if you pick the deal ending, he also kidnapped jonny's GF.
Also dimitri is meant to be the most hated since he is the antagonist.

Ray is a big criminal, but he doesn't behave like an asshole towards you most of the time so i liked him better.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:31 AM

Dimitri would be the most awesome protagonist ever... just so evil... so of course I voted for him.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

It has to be Dimitri Rascalov. He was the one of the most most double-dealing, treacherous villains I've ever seen in a video game. I shot him at least 50 times more after my first few shots had already killed him !!

WhiteRex
  • WhiteRex

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:18 PM Edited by WhiteRex, 29 December 2015 - 05:53 PM.

Dmitri was just a cowardly dick behind his goons.
Ray was real badass and worse. He even cut off cook's head.

• The Deadite likes this

II Goonah II
  • II Goonah II

The Bad Guy

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Dimitri was just way over his own head, he got his best friend killed for whatever reason (probably so he could take control), he set Niko up, he kidnapped Roman twice and Niko once, he bribed Johnny into doing the dirty work & the deal with the Peg was a set up, i'd say he's definetly the worst. However, although Bulgarin is bad aswell, I think he does know more about loyalty and principles then Dimitri, and as Niko said the reason he was after him is because his cargo boat sunk "and he needed someone to blame".

MyDog
  • MyDog

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (II Goonah II @ Feb 24 2011, 13:54)
Dimitri was just way over his own head, he got his best friend killed for whatever reason (probably so he could take control), he set Niko up, he kidnapped Roman twice and Niko once, he bribed Johnny into doing the dirty work & the deal with the Peg was a set up, i'd say he's definetly the worst. However, although Bulgarin is bad aswell, I think he does know more about loyalty and principles then Dimitri, and as Niko said the reason he was after him is because his cargo boat sunk "and he needed someone to blame".

Death of Mikhail Faustin was not Dimitri's idea. Kenny Petrovic ordered it because Faustin ordered the death of Kenny's son.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

I think you are all kind of underestimating the awfulness of Human Trafficking...

My point is Dimitri is just another mobster, Ray is just so worse. Sure Dimitri kidnapped some people, but Ray trafficked hundreds more! Seriously, he's after Niko because he lost a shipment of sex slaves. Dimitri is only the man antagonist because he hurt Niko more directly. I don't think something done to the protaganist makes it more evil than something done to anyone else, even though we can sympathise with it more.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Bulgarin.

The head in the box.

WHHHYYY

Mr.Anonymous
  • Mr.Anonymous

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Crossing Enemy Lines just says it all.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

This is a tough one. The Russians were the most bad-ass antagonists ever, no doubt. I can't really decide between the two of them.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Anonymous @ Feb 24 2011, 22:15)

...Crossing Enemy Lines??

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

I feel like they forced Dimitri into being an antagonist when it was out of his character. I mean in the beginning when you work with the Faustins he seems like a real reasonable guy, using logic and diplomacy to deal with business. I could understand him backstabbing Niko because it was to get on good terms with a very powerful man; in his eyes, Niko is just a hired gun who is a dime a dozen. But after that, it seems like Dimitri has a personal hatred of Niko and does anything he can to make his life miserable. It doesn't really make sense. I think in a realistic world, Dimitri would have tried to make a compromise with Niko because that sort of tension is bad for business.

Bulgarin, on the other hand, was a real monster. He's the kind of guy who would chase you to the edge of the universe and kill you just to satisfy his ego. Like Faustin, he is obsessed with being feared and ruling with an iron fist.

Wolfmight
  • Wolfmight

Heli-blade Massacre

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:50 PM Edited by Wolfmight, 02 March 2011 - 03:53 PM.

I go with Ray.
That was too bad Dmitri was a backstabber. He reminded me of how Lance Vance back-stabbed Tommy back in Vice City

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Wolfmight @ Mar 2 2011, 16:50)
He reminded me of how Lance Vance back-stabbed Tommy back in Vice City

GTA ain't GTA without a betrayal.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

Glad Ray is getting more votes lol..

How could dmitiri possibly be any worse than a human trafficker? all his kidnappings are irrelavent because ray has essentially kidnapped hundreds of people

Branimir202
  • Branimir202

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:21 AM

Ray Bulgarin, not only was he into Human Trafficking but the dude is f*cking INSANE.

Dimitri probably had more than a few screws loose too especially with his phone call after The ending where roman died, "I laughed when I heard that your cousin died, Niko!" Yes, Dimitri is a prick.

The video below really spells it out about the kind of person Bulgarin was, not to mention his lack of sanity

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

Dimitri all the way. He sold out everyone...Bulgarin kind of sticked to principles...however, I prefer bulgarin and would have even welcomed it, to have Timur and him seen kill Luis.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

Things went fine for Niko until Bulgarin entered the picture. When Dimitri found Bulgarin wanted Niko dead, he ordered his men to kill you in the warehouse.

When you killed all the thugs and escaped, he got mad and burned down Roman's apartment and Cab depot, setting in motion the while rivalry between him and you.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

Dmitri that rat.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

I say Ray, he blamed Niko for the cargo ship sinking (even though it wasn't Niko's fault) and wanted to kill Niko for that and he cut the cook's head off and tried to kill Luis and Tony over the diamond fiasco.

Mr.Anonymous
  • Mr.Anonymous

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Mar 2 2011, 04:23)
QUOTE (Mr.Anonymous @ Feb 24 2011, 22:15)

...Crossing Enemy Lines??

f*ck, I meant to say In The Crosshairs. suicidal.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:22 AM

I say Dimitri, he was a dick. But than again we didn't get much of Bulgarin's back story. Niko could have also lied about not owing Ray anything too. Bulgarin also probably owned the Diamonds in the first place, and he didn't know how Luis got them. I think Ray is just a bit confused through the whole story.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Mar 6 2011, 03:22)
I say Dimitri, he was a dick. But than again we didn't get much of Bulgarin's back story. Niko could have also lied about not owing Ray anything too. Bulgarin also probably owned the Diamonds in the first place, and he didn't know how Luis got them. I think Ray is just a bit confused through the whole story.

I would agree he probably was a bit confused over the diamonds lol

I think that all the murders and kidnappings between the to, because they both have arguably done just as many but Ray was a goddamn human trafficker

Jeweyblue619
  • Jeweyblue619

ABC123

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Ill say Dimitri Rascalov!

• Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:48 PM Edited by Markwey, 07 March 2011 - 05:52 PM.

They we're both pricks... Ray for smuggling people, but Dimitri for betraying everyone

MyDog
  • MyDog

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

Strange, Dimitri has the reputation of "betraying everyone" when in fact he betrayed only two people: Niko and Pegorino.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users