Photo

Will we ever see "Anywhere City" again?

27 replies to this topic
Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

I don't think so, but i also don't think we will ever see London again in a GTA game. Then again some people are determined we will

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

I doubt it. Besides, the name "Anywhere City" doesn't even appear once in-game, it only appears in the official website.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Feb 24 2011, 12:39)
I doubt it. Besides, the name "Anywhere City" doesn't even appear once in-game, it only appears in the official website.

Claudes name never appears in GTA III doesn't mean it's not his real name.

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Feb 25 2011, 20:58)

it appears in an unused text (GXT) file and in GTA San Andreas, where you race against him in a mission.

OT: I don't think we will see Anywhere City once again, but who knows wink.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Gustavob @ Feb 26 2011, 00:02)
QUOTE (Sam998 @ Feb 25 2011, 20:58)

it appears in an unused text (GXT) file and in GTA San Andreas, where you race against him in a mission.

It appears in-game in San Andreas, during one of Catalina's calls near the end of the game. So it's official that the GTA 3 guy is called Claude.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

I was just using him as an example. We all know he's claude.

On topic please?

GraboidStriker
  • GraboidStriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:27 PM Edited by GraboidStriker, 16 April 2013 - 06:59 PM.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

Rest your trigger on my finger

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

I don't think so, not with that name at least. GTA has become a bit more realistic since the GTA 2 era, so to see a new one come out featuring a city called 'Anywhere' would seem out of place for the series now. Back then the games were in a more simple time than where we are now for GTA.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

What name do you suggest?

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

I think it's called anywhere city as a joke, meaning "Who gives a sh*t?", my guess is Anywhere city is just Liberty City, or could be.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Anywhere City, I never heard of that..... I assume you're talking about GTA 1969 London? confused.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:24)
Anywhere City, I never heard of that..... I assume you're talking about GTA 1969 London? confused.gif

Congratulations you bumped a Half year old topic!
Anywhere City is the city in GTA 2.
And yeah, I am pretty sure we will see it again.
Possibly even GTA V?

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:16)
QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:24)
Anywhere City, I never heard of that..... I assume you're talking about GTA 1969 London?  confused.gif

Congratulations you bumped a Half year old topic!
Anywhere City is the city in GTA 2.
And yeah, I am pretty sure we will see it again.
Possibly even GTA V?

Thank you for the joke comment! suicidal.gif

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

In my opinion, we're not going to see Anywhere City again.

-It was a town of era II.
-Cities from other eras didn't appear back when a now one popped.
-Some may have the same names, but they are constructed completely different than from previous ones, etc.
-Etc.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

As a matter of fact, we've seen 3 other renditions of Anywhere City: one time before and two times after. You're right, it's Liberty City.

Why I am saying that? In GTA2 game files there are files named nyc1.gci, nyc2.gci and nyc3.gci - each for corresponding district of the city. Which imply that Anywhere City is also based off New York.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:00 PM Edited by Sektor, 15 October 2011 - 11:05 PM.

Residential, Downtown and Industrial all use the same nyc.gci and the intro movie was shot in New York.

I don't know what GCI stands for but NYC is most likely New York City and that file contains vehicle handling data (weight, speed, acceleration etc). It's not going to be an exact match to any city since they took some liberties smile.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Sunday, Oct 16 2011, 02:00)
Residential, Downtown and Industrial all use the same nyc.gci and the intro movie was shot in New York.

I don't know what GCI stands for but NYC is most likely New York City and that file contains vehicle handling data (weight, speed, acceleration etc). It's not going to be an exact match to any city since they took some liberties smile.gif

Well, exactly! The developers left us a hint as to whereabouts of Anywhere City!

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

I would like to see the electrogun, electrofingers, vehicle gun, vehicle mines and oil slick in the next GTA.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Sunday, Oct 16 2011, 09:14)
I would like to see the electrogun, electrofingers, vehicle gun, vehicle mines and oil slick in the next GTA.

Me too. Especially the Electrogun. It was such a fun going around with it and frying everyone.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Confusing Map Maker

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:30 PM Edited by Libertyking, 29 May 2012 - 10:32 PM.

I think Anywhere City is LC from GTA III because as stated in GTA Wiki :

Residential=Shoreside Vale
Downtown=Staunton Island
Industrial=Portland

Also, LC is based on multiple American cities NOT ONLY NEW YORK.
Intro is also film in New York.

So we saw it multiple times.

But no, I don't think it will make a comeback.

Edit: Wow nobody answered since October 2011 !?

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

How about the massive map from Godfather II?, (not related to GTA) that has got multiple map locations and when you visit specific location like Cuba, it's beautiful from viewing. That should be recommended in GTA V game! icon14.gif

What your suggestions?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I think you posted in the wrong section. This the GTA 2 forum, not GTA V.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (sonnyBlack @ Monday, Apr 11 2011, 19:11)
I don't think so, not with that name at least. GTA has become a bit more realistic since the GTA 2 era, so to see a new one come out featuring a city called 'Anywhere' would seem out of place for the series now. Back then the games were in a more simple time than where we are now for GTA.

This.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

We gave up the "Anywhere City" thingy. Basically, the series started with GTA, that had the names that would be later be used frequently as GTAIII installments and GTAIV: Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas (based on San Francisco and not Nevada and California combined). GTA2 went more unrealistic by those out of the way guns and futuristic setting. GTAIII fixed the mess and brought a city name from original GTA, Liberty City.

Also if Anywhere City is based on NY, then it could Liberty City. Which means we had enough of Liberty City already.

Think about whether London or Vice City will return or not, Anywhere City is history!

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Thursday, Jun 14 2012, 13:44)
We gave up the "Anywhere City" thingy. Basically, the series started with GTA, that had the names that would be later be used frequently as GTAIII installments and GTAIV: Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas (based on San Francisco and not Nevada and California combined). GTA2 went more unrealistic by those out of the way guns and futuristic setting. GTAIII fixed the mess and brought a city name from original GTA, Liberty City.

Also if Anywhere City is based on NY, then it could Liberty City. Which means we had enough of Liberty City already.

Think about whether London or Vice City will return or not, Anywhere City is history!

True. GTA 2 undoubtedly has to the most unrealistic game in the entire series. What kind of taser is able to blow up 3 vehicles and tase 7 people ALL at once? tounge2.gif

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

GTA2 was indeed wildly unrealistic, and unless any GTA2-to-GTA[number/name] projects pan out, we won't see Anywhere City again.

Macavell
  • Macavell

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yes, in 2013. tounge.gif
Seriously, no. The old charm of GTA got lost, we will never see funny ideas like this again, everybody wants realism and violent animations, that's the definition of GTA for 90% of the gamers nowadays.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, a shame really.

But I suppose they could if they wanted to (but I don't suppose they do) is to make an alternate GTA series. I dunno about keeping it in continuity with the any of the other games with story and the like, but it could be a bit like Chinatown wars and be a more outlandish arcadey series. Or even a series like GTA2 and have them set in the future. Kinda like when they re-boot the series a bit one after the other, but have the two simultaneously going as opposed to in order.

Other game titles have had a couple of different series within them running at the same time so if GTA gave it a try, I dunno it might work, it might not.

If they do the future thing Anywhere City could come back again, or others based on it. Maybe if they redesign the city and have it in the current series we might see it again....but if the perception is that Anywhere City is really a futuristic Liberty City it would be pointless to do as they would just be making a normal Liberty City again.

I would like to see somewhere, somehow another city or map that breaks the boundaries of trying to be realistic and plausible while being arcade like in gameplay. A game that's trying to be serious and all that is fine and whatnot, but having an alternate GTA series to play that is more in tune with how GTA used to be as well can't hurt too much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users