Photo

[SA] Saab 92HK

28 replies to this topic
Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

Muncher of Polygons (and cake)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:45 PM Edited by Chong McBong, 15 February 2011 - 03:51 PM.

Saab 92HK (1965)
This replaces the Journey

as with all my mods, this is created from scratch using zModeler2.

as my pics on gtagarage don't work today, and as this is such a strange mod, i thought i would start a topic for it...

This is still under construction, but i don't think it will take as long as most of my cars... build time so far, 2 days.

<- Some information ->

This crazy vehicle is part car, part caravan..

It is built on the chassis and running gear of a Saab 92 (1965), with the nostrils from a Volvo Amazon (also 1965) and a caravan body.

there were only 2 built as far as i know, this one (92HK) and a more modern styled one (92H)
This is the first version (FUJ 414 - 92HK),
i plan to build the second version later on (92H)...

These were built by Saab enthusiasts, and not by the Saab Motor company. (although Saab did build a small caravan called the "Saabo")

These are just a break from the serious work of building an engine for my Saab 900.. i needed something else to look at for a bit.. don't worry, i have not forgotten my other Saab or any of my other models.. they will be continued soon...

i will add more pics and info here as the model progresses...

here are a couple of pics of what i have built so far..
user posted image

user posted image
and this is the photo that inspired me to build it...
user posted image

i will return and add some videos and more pics here soon.. i get a proper internet connection tomorrow (after 9 years of slow horrible 3G connection...)

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

I've seen that exact car in real life one time, quite a cool little mobile home.

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Feb 15 2011, 16:52)
I've seen that exact car in real life one time, quite a cool little mobile home.

hehe, excellent smile.gif i think there is only one of these (92HK)
"FUJ 414" seems to be the only licence plate i can find on it, so i added that instead of my normal "Chong" plate

there is still quite a lot to do, including half of the interior, but this is just a quick build, so shouldn't be too long smile.gif

i am quite tempted to recreate one of these out of sheet metal now that i have built the 3d model.. not sure how much it would cost, but it would be a nice project for the summer...

Evel S. Fast
  • Evel S. Fast

aka Deadhart.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

Lol this is the funniest SAAB I've ever seen, and what makes me LOL even more is the plate, because FUJ means YUCK in m language biggrin.gif But that doesn't mean the car itself is ugly, it's kinda of a funny-beautiful wink.gif

Sylvania
  • Sylvania

Lego their ego.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

According to the picture, the door is on the wrong side o.O

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Sylvania @ Feb 15 2011, 20:16)
According to the picture, the door is on the wrong side o.O

lol, very observant cookie.gif i forgot about that.

I plan to put doors on both sides, so it doesn't crash the game. apart from that, it will be an exact replica of the original tounge.gif
i could use an invisible door on one side, but then CJ would defy the laws of physics by climbing through the wall sad.gif

ideas are always welcome.. maybe there is another way.. maybe replacing the coach instead of the Journey... mercie_blink.gif i might save that for the 92H instead...

QUOTE (Evel S. Fast)
Lol this is the funniest SAAB I've ever seen, and what makes me LOL even more is the plate, because FUJ means YUCK in m language biggrin.gif But that doesn't mean the car itself is ugly, it's kinda of a funny-beautiful wink.gif

thanks dude, i think Yuck fits it quite well.. it is quite beautiful though, thats why i decided to build it...

here is a photo of the 92HK and the 92H together:
user posted image

they are pretty similar, so when i finish the 92HK, i will start on the 92H (the ratty blue one)

not too much left to do before i put it in game.. i will post more pics here soon lol.gif

Toğrul
  • Toğrul

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

Looks so funny dude, take some c cookie.gif cookie.gif kies.
BTW. Wheels looks so lowpoly, else than others lookin' awesome.

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Togrul1996 @ Feb 16 2011, 11:58)
Looks so funny dude, take some c cookie.gif cookie.gif kies.
BTW. Wheels looks so lowpoly, else than others lookin' awesome.

Thanks dude smile.gif
the wheels are just placeholders, as is most of the interior.. i will make some high poly wheels for it tonight or tomorrow..
i also need to make the bevelled edge around the wheel arches, and add the arch-liners.. it should lot a lot more finished in the next lot of photos i post...
its a busy week this week, so not a huge amount of time for zModeler, but i will get it done in the nest few days tounge.gif

Right now, i am waiting for my new phone line to go live.. it should happen any time in the next few hours, so i should be able to upload a lot more updates and pics once im connected properly to the internet, not this stupid 3G connection that i have used for the last 4 years... rah.gif

DjGDA86
  • DjGDA86

CH.024.Productions®

• Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:47 PM Edited by DjGDA86, 16 February 2011 - 04:05 PM.

LOL that vehicle is hilarious biggrin.gif I must admit now I see it for a first time, I never thought SAAB made such vehicles smile.gif
Nice one man, just mirror the door and you're good to go wink.gif

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (DjGDA86 @ Feb 16 2011, 15:47)
LOL that vehicle is hilarious  biggrin.gif   I must admit I see it for a first time, I never thought SAAB made such vehicles smile.gif
Nice one man, just mirror the door and you're good to go wink.gif

lol, i found a picture of it accidentally when i was gathering reference photos for my Saab 900 model.

its not actually built by Saab, its an old Saab 92 chassis and running gear, stuck in a caravan by a crazy Swedish guy smile.gif

The nostrils on the front are from a Volvo Amazon (1965):
user posted image

The centre piece of the grill seems to come from a 1965 Saab 96:
user posted image

and the running gear comes from a 1965 Saab 92:
user posted image

Altogether, its quite an odd combination of Swedish metal, but i think it works quite nicely rolleyes.gif

Toğrul
  • Toğrul

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:22 PM Edited by Togrul1996, 16 February 2011 - 04:25 PM.

WoW, chong latest picture....LOL. are you planning to make them?
PS:i am joining forums with 52 k internet about 6 months barf8bd.gif dozingoff.gif ... lulz lol.gif

DjGDA86
  • DjGDA86

CH.024.Productions®

• Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Chong McBong @ Feb 16 2011, 15:17)
[QUOTE=Chong McBong,Feb 16 2011]
lol, i found a picture of it accidentally when i was gathering reference photos for my Saab 900 model.

its not actually built by Saab, its an old Saab 92 chassis and running gear, stuck in a caravan by a crazy Swedish guy smile.gif

The nostrils on the front are from a Volvo Amazon (1965)
The centre piece of the grill seems to come from a 1965 Saab 96
and the running gear comes from a 1965 Saab 92

Altogether, its quite an odd combination of Swedish metal, but i think it works quite nicely rolleyes.gif

HAHA yeah it looks like a nice piece of machinery biggrin.gif I guess someone was really bored HAHAHA!

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Togrul1996 @ Feb 16 2011, 17:22)
WoW, chong latest picture....LOL. are you planning to make them?
PS:i am joining forums with 52 k internet about 6 months barf8bd.gif dozingoff.gif ... lulz lol.gif

lol, those Swedes do make some cool cars... i do plan to make some more Saabs at some point, and maybe a Volvo Amazon too, possibly after my current run of skodas, and my other current projects (i have about 10 WIPs at the moment) smile.gif

52k internet sounds sloooow cryani.gif my 3g is a bit quicker, but still not enough to watch video or do many uploads.
I think my proper connection will go live tomorrow.. its taking longer than expected...

QUOTE (DjGDA86)
HAHA yeah it looks like a nice piece of machinery biggrin.gif I guess someone was really bored HAHAHA!

you're definitely right there... Normally I hate caravans, but i would happily drive one of these crazy things tounge2.gif

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:38 AM

Man you do like to model weird things. tounge.gif

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Nik. @ Feb 17 2011, 05:38)
Man you do like to model weird things. tounge.gif

hehe, there are so many people making boring modern stuff like Lamborghinis and Ferraris, i like to keep things interesting with some crazy classics lol.gif

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:39 AM

Agree, Lambo and Ferrari are boring, thats why we need more Volvo's and Saab's. tounge.gif

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Nik. @ Feb 20 2011, 05:39)
Agree, Lambo and Ferrari are boring, thats why we need more Volvo's and Saab's. tounge.gif

lol, i started another crazy classic... its certainly not a ferrari tounge.gif
its identity will be kept secret for now, but i will post some details when the model has progressed a bit sigh.gif

i have also been working on the 92HK again, and have got it working in San Andreas.
i still need to model the wheels, and texture the interior, as well as some materials tweaks, and no doubt some other things that i haven't spotted yet.

i might add some dirt as an extra (some big alpha panels on the body).. im not sure yet..

anyway, here are a couple of pics of it in game, undergoing testing:

user posted image
user posted image

kikiboy95
  • kikiboy95

Ol' sql, brah.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hehe, this sh*t is of the hook ! smile.gif Make tires a bit more flat, that's what I find worth changing. And do you want me to convert it to Vice?

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Feb 24 2011, 18:19)
Hehe, this sh*t is of the hook ! smile.gif Make tires a bit more flat, that's what I find worth changing. And do you want me to convert it to Vice?

hehe biggrin.gif

the wheels are just placeholders, i will rebuild them before i release it...
and, yes, it would be good in Vice.. remind me when i upload it, and i will send you a copy to convert smile.gif

kikiboy95
  • kikiboy95

Ol' sql, brah.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Chong McBong @ Feb 24 2011, 21:34)

hehe biggrin.gif

and, yes, it would be good in Vice.. remind me when i upload it, and i will send you a copy to convert smile.gif

Agreed! Did you make a damage model? As I recall, the beer-van didn't had it

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Feb 25 2011, 01:10)
QUOTE (Chong McBong @ Feb 24 2011, 21:34)

hehe biggrin.gif

Agreed! Did you make a damage model? As I recall, the beer-van didn't had it

lol, damaged parts are an afterthought on some of my models.. i should update a few of them really..

i have added the Beer truck onto my massive list of jobs (the saab 92hk is already on the list)

i might build some wheels and fix some bugs for this crazy caravan contraption later today..
i have another very strange caravan mod planned, but that needs some testing before i can release any details of it...

tomleo123
  • tomleo123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

any advance on completion?

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:30 PM Edited by Chong McBong, 13 June 2011 - 07:47 PM.

QUOTE (tomleo123 @ Monday, Jun 13 2011, 19:53)
any advance on completion?

its pretty much done, but i haven't got round to uploading yet. i might have a look at it tonight and see if its ready..

its been a busy month again, so i haven't had any time for modding...
i have been working on some SA-MP versions of my mods, and will try to make this samp compatible too..

--

also, i have been busy making these:
user posted image
i will make a thread about them sometime soon

tomleo123
  • tomleo123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Really looking forward to its realease, been following it for a while now smile.gif

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

i just had a look at this, its almost ready to go, i might just upload and finish it later..
i will post here when its uploaded tounge.gif

all i can see that needs finishing is doorhandles, binnacle, and steering wheel..

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Cant wait. smile.gif

tomleo123
  • tomleo123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

Could you upload a beta for us to play around in? smile.gif also any news on that Transit ice cream van? tounge.gif

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

Im back, with more crazy contraptions, and gigantic screenshots rolleyes.gif
i have finally finished and uploaded this "husmobil", and have another related model on the way soon..
sorry it took so long, i have been busy with all sorts of other stuff recently..

questions and suggestions are welcome as always tounge.gif

please Download Now, and dont forget to rate it if you enjoy it icon14.gif

here are a couple of pics of it in game:
(old pics - not showing new steering wheel with embossed logos.. i will add pics for that later)

some interior detail
user posted image
user posted image

samp testing
user posted image

curtains extra
user posted image

wheel close up
user posted image

schaefft
  • schaefft

Homie

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

Awesome, great mod! You can be sure you wont find anything like that somewhere else. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users