Photo

Difficulty settings?

7 replies to this topic
mateczko
  • mateczko

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

I just thought, what would happened if all GTA games had difficulty settings in single-player?
Maybe they will be in GTA V?
How would they be implemented in the game?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

I think it's totally unnecessary. However, you can change the difficulty level by using cheats and make the game easier but from my POV using cheats is just stupid.

Sandbox/open world games aren't meant to have a difficulty level.

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Probably the obvious, you need more bullets to put in a guy and your car blows up quicker, i personally would hate for the gta franchise to have a difficulty option. turn.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

I would suggest a middle ground between the two (easy and hard). Ultimately, people will bitch either way, but to me, that's the best option. A difficulty setting, you know how that goes.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Feb 12 2011, 20:15)
I would suggest a middle ground between the two (easy and hard). Ultimately, people will bitch either way, but to me, that's the best option. A difficulty setting, you know how that goes.

I agree here.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (shiek @ Feb 12 2011, 20:14)
Probably the obvious, you need more bullets to put in a guy and your car blows up quicker, i personally would hate for the gta franchise to have a difficulty option. turn.gif

Why would you hate gta for that? they wouldn't be forcing you to go on the hardest one or anything. It would almost defiantly be completely optional.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

It wouldn't be forcing you but it would be silly, make the game one setting, because missions vary so much you cannot really change how difficult a mission is very easily, making people harder to kill would not do anything anyway, it would just make you duck behind cover for longer.

There is no real way to make difficulty settings on a sandbox game here it is across the board.
FOr the record GTA IV was one of the easiest games i have ever played.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Feb 14 2011, 08:42)
It wouldn't be forcing you but it would be silly, make the game one setting, because missions vary so much you cannot really change how difficult a mission is very easily, making people harder to kill would not do anything anyway, it would just make you duck behind cover for longer.

There is no real way to make difficulty settings on a sandbox game here it is across the board.
FOr the record GTA IV was one of the easiest games i have ever played.

The cover thing is the same in a lot of games. If you play CoD the only difference is you have to use cover better because you take more damage.

If you didn't like the options you could just pick "regular" or normal or whatever it would be called.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users