NHL Loosing Control?

2 replies to this topic
Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

I think they are loosing it! In only one month, we saw three games with neraly or more than 100 minutes of penalty.

Look at the game on February 2 oposing Pittsburgh against the New York Islanders. The one facing Montreal against the Boston Bruins or the one tonight; NYI vs Penguins.

There was 289 minutes of penalty in the game tonight facing the Islanders and the Penguins. If we add the minutes of their game on February 2 and the ones in the game with Montreal against Boston, if makes from 700 (minimum) to 850 (maximum or maybe more!) minutes of penalty.

At the end of the game, there was like two players remaining on Pittsburgh bench and four (plus the auxiliary goaltender) for New York.

They should revise the rules and all their stuffs before someone gets badly injured or even dies. Also, most of the hits were illegal ones, in the game tonight. It's becoming ridiculous! Lucky for them; there was no general brawls (for noobs; all the players (ice and bench) jumping on the ice to fight (even the goalies)).

Sorry if I should have posted it in the official NHL (2010-2011) thread.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

This doesn't happen very often. There's a lot of bad blood between Pittsburgh and the NY Islanders going on right now, it'll calm down. Things boil over sometimes. It happens.

And Montreal and Boston just hate each other.

There's no need to re-write the rulebook in a knee-jerk reaction to incidents like this.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:41 AM

Every year there is something that people overreact about because there is a unusual amount of this thing in a short period of time, or a freak accident occurs and someone is seriously injured. Like a while ago when that junior (or college, can't remember) player got into a fight, fell head first on the ice, and died. So after that people called for an end to fighting. That quickly faded away. More recently it's been blindside hits, and concussions.

This is hockey. It's an unpredictable sport, and re-writing the rule book only perverts what this game is meant to be. It is a game of honor, respect, and strength. And although they may look like they want to kill each other, they don't. They want to have it out right there, and end it. Sometimes there is a grudge, but it never goes too far, because they leave it on the ice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users