Sleep Paralysis

29 replies to this topic
69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

Why the f*ck its always happen to me when i was trying to sleep.
Unable to move every single parts of your body except for my mouth.
Trying to scream is really hard. its a f*cking nightmare.

Have you guys ever had an experienced about sleep paralysis?
Can somebody help me to get rid of this 'thing'?

Sorry for the english.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Can't say that I've experienced it personally but I have read about it. It seemed pretty interesting to say the least.

Smoke some ganja before going to sleep.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Feb 11 2011, 13:56)
Why the f*ck its always happen to me when i was trying to sleep.
Unable to move every single parts of your body except for my mouth.
Trying to scream is really hard. its a f*cking nightmare.

Have you guys ever had an experienced about sleep paralysis?
Can somebody help me to get rid of this 'thing'?

Sorry for the english.

Well apparently it happens when your body is able to shutdown (like sleep mode) but your mind can't hence the sort of paralysis. So sleep at regular times, get exercise etc. Staying up late playing games, then sleeping irregularly can trigger it.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Happens to me occasionally, last time it happened I hallucinated as well.. I saw someone bringing me a cup of tea then disappearing.
It usually happens when I wake up from vivid dreams.. So yeah, if you want to trip without drugs then try and induce sleep paralysis.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Feb 11 2011, 13:53)
Well apparently it happens when your body is able to shutdown (like sleep mode) but your mind can't hence the sort of paralysis. So sleep at regular times, get exercise etc. Staying up late playing games, then sleeping irregularly can trigger it.

Sleeping irregularly.................
May be that was the main cause of my sleep paralysis problem!
Thanks, ThePinkFloydSound.
I dont want to get it again this night!!

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Why would you want to get rid of it, it sounds awesome! And as long as you're conscious you don't have to be afraid.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Feb 11 2011, 17:34)
Why would you want to get rid of it, it sounds awesome! And as long as you're conscious you don't have to be afraid.

How does it sound awesome? It's basically like being trapped in your own body. You're conscious, you know what's happening but you can't do anything. It's happened to me a few time, and it's not very nice.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Recently experienced it myself and mentioned it elsewhere. From Z topic.

I think I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time a couple of nights ago. The weirdest experience ever, i must say. I couldn't move a muscle in my body and my eyes would only open half way. I half awoke to banging in the corridor and people talking, so I was positive that I'd left my room door open and everyone had run in and jumped on top of me. I felt incredibly heavy and slightly suffocated. I definitely remember thinking 'f*ck f*ck f*ck' in my head at the time.

It eased off as my body caught up with my brain but it was a very weird feeling still in a dreaming state whilst conscious.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Feb 11 2011, 15:47)

How does it sound awesome? It's basically like being trapped in your own body. You're conscious, you know what's happening but you can't do anything. It's happened to me a few time, and it's not very nice.

Mealing mentioned you can have hallucinations whilst having it, which sounds quite interesting.

Josh
  • Josh

I wasn't born so much as I fell out

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Feb 11 2011, 16:48)

Mealing mentioned you can have hallucinations whilst having it, which sounds quite interesting.

Most of the hallucinations which people experience with sleep paralysis aren't good ones. Imagine being trapped and unable to move or scream whilst somebody slowly walks up to you and strangles you. Not very nice.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Yep, I've only read about people being terrified by them. Basically it's a nightmare in real life. Not pleasant.

Suihkubad
  • Suihkubad

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

f*ck never heard of this before. One thing more to be afraid. Read that book by Stephen King where the guy gets operated

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

I think it happened to me not too long ago. Unless I dreamed it.

Has happened before. Absolutely terrifying.

junkie2115
  • junkie2115

Age Of Empires

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

I have sleep paralysis. The way I control is pretty simple. I sleep on my side and not on your back and you should be good.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

The hallucination I had was weird, I kept trying to say "thanks" to the strange lady who randomly brought me a brew up at 6AM but couldn't quite manage it.. It was more bizarre than scary, I couldn't move at all and each time I tried to thank her I could only manage to breath the word out. I only realised it was an hallucination when the lady shimmered then disappeared, but I knew I was also awake and that it wasn't a dream.

To date that's the only time I've hallucinated while experiencing sleep paralysis.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

I would like to experience it.

Ya know you are going to come out of it so...

EvilDynasty
  • EvilDynasty

Spammaster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

sounds painful

tbh I don't want this to happen to me so I will always sleep when I'm tired and no over-tired bullsh*t facedesk.gif

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

I think this would be awesome to try. So what happens afterwards? You're just laying there for hours on end doing f*ck all or what?

I have tried to lucid dream on many occasions but failed. I remember when I was younger, I got out of bed to go for a piss.. in my (unintentional) lucid dream. You get the rest.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (junkie2115 @ Feb 12 2011, 01:54)
I have sleep paralysis. The way I control is pretty simple. I sleep on my side and not on your back and you should be good.

When it used to happen to me it was pretty random, so I don't think there's really no way to control it.

It hasn't happened to me in a long time, but when it did I always thought I was just dreaming, 'cause I was awake for maybe few seconds, sometimes longer, and then fell asleep and woke up normally. Then once I read about it and realized it wasn't a dream tounge.gif . I've never had hallucinations, though, but it was still pretty uncomfortable.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (tripmills @ Feb 12 2011, 01:20)
I would like to experience it.

Ya know you are going to come out of it so...

That's not what you're thinking when it's happening though. It's quite uncomfortable. If you hallucinate like I did, you 100% believe whatever's happening, is happening.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

I've been suffering from Sleep Paralysis for a few years now. I have them maybe 3-4 times a week, sometimes 3 in the same night. I can say that my father also suffers from a sleeping problem (sleep apnea).
Sleeping Paralysis is ruining my life, I always have them, it happens to me when I am really tired but the problem is, that when I get Sleep Paralysis, I become exhausted from the lack of sleep so it never ends, I always end up tired as hell, so I get the sleep paralysis. Even if I'm sleeping on my side, my stomach, my back...

My sleep paralysis are the worst you can experience, and they finish with a false awakening... They are scary as hell, whether for the visuals or for the hearing hallucinations.

There is no remedy nor cure for this problem, you have to live with it. Sleep Paralysis really sucks, those who never have them, you are freaking lucky, you wouldn't want to be in my situation.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (junkie2115 @ Feb 11 2011, 23:54)

It didnt work for me.
I always sleep on my side, but still get sleep paralysis

@tripmills
You dont want to experience it. Trust me.

@nikoGTA
Really? there are no ways to stop this?

Last night, im lucky not having sleep paralysis.
Just want to ask about sleep paralysis, which is better.
1. Tryng to wake up as hard as you could.
2. Just let it go, and continue sleeping

I always try to wake up.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

finally!!! someone who has it too! i can understand how u feel. it happends to me all the time. my body cant move but your mind is awake. i talked to a doctor last week about that and what u have to do is take 20 minutes before bed to relax and calm yourself. you have to meditate actually. try that and see if it helps. dont worry man, i understand how u feel

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

I tend to wake up suddenly and almost jump out of my skin when I sleep. It pisses me off a lot.

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

Happend a lot for me..I could move only my mouth,i couldn't speak...

Lemus 91
  • Lemus 91

Real Compton City Gs

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

I've been having them a lot lately. It's scary, but fun. Then it gets annoying when you want to snap out of it and can't. I run out of breath calling for help after two "yellings." So I don't even bother. Feels like a demon/ghost is holding me down and if i start panicking i start shaking up and feel strong winds blowing all over my body as if i'm dying.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

Ya, that sounds plenty fun.

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

I've recently had hallucinatory sleep paralysis twice in the space of a month, it's horrible. On both occasions it had followed a lucid dream.

R.F.
  • R.F.

I <3 R*

• Members

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

i`m ocasionaly having them... they sucks balls!

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Braagh..Just had this sh*t tonight..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users