Photo

Homefront

105 replies to this topic
CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

I really hope the story isn't as weak as people say it is. I watched that fifteen minute video, and the beginning (before gameplay) was absolutely terrifying! Am I the only one that had a sense of fear from the beginning cutscenes? I was starting to have high hopes for the story, but it seems that it probably doesn't live up to the hype.

However, the multiplayer looks promising. There seems to be a wide array of both manned and unmanned vehicles. I'm really loving the look of those Boeing AH-6 helicopters also! inlove.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Mar 16 2011, 22:15)
I still managed to knock one out to the Saddam Hussein execution.

biggrin.gif

I think i'm gonna wait for this to drop in price before i pick it up.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Mar 16 2011, 23:02)

biggrin.gif

Actually dont.

I got it after much stress, and it is SOO f*cking sh*t.

Im not even exagerating, after having a 360 for 5 years now I have not once EVER bought a game and instantly sold it, or wanted to sell it. But this I do. I have ALWAYS finished a game, even if I hated it and gotten all if not mostly all achievements. With this I do not want to play one more second of it. My god there is just not one singular thing I like about it, and I like at least a few things out of every single shooter I buy. I even enjoyed and played Mafia 2, Kane and Lynch 1 & 2, Army of Two 40th day and even Sniper ghost warrior. Any of those games are 100 times better than this. It is like the worst ever cod clone ever, and I even hate cod but I would much rather play hours of that than this. I even bought Halo ODST and Halo Reach even though I EXTREMELY hate those games and I played those all the way through to get all but 1 achievement on both games. I will NOT do that with this, I just cant.

The multiplayer is so terrible I cant even put it into words to discribe how bad it is.

It felt like I was playing a cheaply made xbox live arcade game.

It all feels like a bad dream. I am going to consider giving the game away to someone, I cant sell it as the stupid as f*ck battlecode and dlc items I already downloaded.

It is not like me to hate a game this much, especially one that has no real reason for being sh*t. It just is the worst gameplay ever.

If anyone wants to buy it off me for a fiver. Let me know. icon14.gif

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

Pay me the fiver and I'll throw it in the bin for you.

Seriously though, the game feels cheap and thrown together. It's sad because the theme had so much potential.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Mar 17 2011, 23:24)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Mar 16 2011, 23:02)

biggrin.gif

Actually dont.

That is what I hear. My buddy bought it for the 360 on day one and was far from happy with it. And it isn't like he is hard to please, so if he says it isn't worth it, I kind of have to believe it.

Too bad, because the game looked like it had potential.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (tripmills @ Mar 17 2011, 20:01)
Too bad, because the game looked like it had potential.

Because it did have potential, but it fell short of it. The story was just to short and AI at times was just stupid. The multiplayer isn't as bad Daz makes it out to be. I enjoy playing it, though it does have its crappy moments. Like the game does not have the ability to vault over walls like in COD. The guns also seem to have little to no recoil, with people sniping with assault rifles from across the map, believe on that, since I have done it.

I personally believe if they just focused on the single player, the game would have been a lot better. Before the game was released, they were hyping the single player campaign, yet that is the worst part in the game. They should not have tried to make the game like COD, all action and no subsist. Hopefully this does get a sequel, so they can improve the story, and please scrap the multiplayer, a game with a great story does not need multiplayer, focus on the story and gameplay.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

But it's from the writer of Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now... Surely it must be made of awesome. Surely.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

I was going to pick up Homefront on Saturday but reading what you guys said and reviews I might not now. I just picked up Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Godfather so I think I will stick playing them for the weekend.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

You'll enjoy both of those more than Homefront. Yes, the SP was short and disappointing but I have to say that the MP was playable. It's not that it's broken, just that it doesn't feel like a 2011 full retail game should. Even though the maps are relatively large, 32 players on the Ground Control mode feels like total chaos and not in a good way. It doesn't take much to earn assets, so almost immediately you are surrounded by ground and air vehicles everywhere you look.

It sounds like a good idea on paper I'm sure but it just doesn't make for a game you'll want to spend a lot of time with. The TDM is pretty much what you would find in any standard shooter. I did think the 16 player Skirmish mode was a little better as you had a chance to actually do something before eating a rocket or tank shell.

We put about four hours in before scrapping it and I honestly can't remember anything fun about it other than laughing at how sh*t it was.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

So has anyone played the PC version yet? It was developed by someone else.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo. @ Mar 18 2011, 13:28)
You'll enjoy both of those more than Homefront. Yes, the SP was short and disappointing but I have to say that the MP was playable. It's not that it's broken, just that it doesn't feel like a 2011 full retail game should. Even though the maps are relatively large, 32 players on the Ground Control mode feels like total chaos and not in a good way. It doesn't take much to earn assets, so almost immediately you are surrounded by ground and air vehicles everywhere you look.

It sounds like a good idea on paper I'm sure but it just doesn't make for a game you'll want to spend a lot of time with. The TDM is pretty much what you would find in any standard shooter. I did think the 16 player Skirmish mode was a little better as you had a chance to actually do something before eating a rocket or tank shell.

We put about four hours in before scrapping it and I honestly can't remember anything fun about it other than laughing at how sh*t it was.

Well to be honest I'm more interested In the Single Player. I was hoping the Single Player would be longer but oh well. Going by screenshots, the graphics do look really bad but It's not all about the Graphics I suppose.

Maybe I will pick It up when It goes down In price.

Max_Powers
  • Max_Powers

I've seen it all...to much

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I was gonna get this but had my doubts.I will just wait till LA Noir and duke nukem come out.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

This is very disappointing to hear. I was planning on buying this at the same time I buy a new PS3 next week, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Either I don't buy this game at all or I buy a cheaper pre-owned version when the price lowers. I don't want to splash out sums of cash only to be disappointed with my gain.

Well, thanks for the heads up, you may have just saved me 39.99.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 18 2011, 15:48)
Well to be honest I'm more interested In the Single Player.

I would have been too if it wasnt just another badly done cod clone. It really isnt just worth playing, you will finish it in NO time, then what is it worth? Nothing. No replay value at all.

If you are fine with buying a game just off of singleplayer alone, get Medal Of Honor. Though that game is also short it is 1000 times better than this game, and is even better than any cod game for SP.

The problem is there is too many people in a short space. And if you give everyone either a drone, a uav, a tank, or chopper, all with infinite ammo, everything is just dead and exploading within 2.059 seconds.

There is no tactical way to play the game, neither is there any teamwork.

It is like throwing a bunch of cats and grenades into a bag.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sucks to hear about this. Guess I'll stick to Bad Company 2.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Mar 18 2011, 22:01)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 18 2011, 15:48)
Well to be honest I'm more interested In the Single Player.

I would have been too if it wasnt just another badly done cod clone. It really isnt just worth playing, you will finish it in NO time, then what is it worth? Nothing. No replay value at all.

If you are fine with buying a game just off of singleplayer alone, get Medal Of Honor. Though that game is also short it is 1000 times better than this game, and is even better than any cod game for SP.

The problem is there is too many people in a short space. And if you give everyone either a drone, a uav, a tank, or chopper, all with infinite ammo, everything is just dead and exploading within 2.059 seconds.

There is no tactical way to play the game, neither is there any teamwork.

It is like throwing a bunch of cats and grenades into a bag.

Yeah that Is why I'm going to rent Homefront instead. I mean I have been reading a lot of different reviews including posts In this topic and on other websites and It just seems like THQ tried way too hard to beat CoD; Which Is stupid. Multiplayer sounds like your literally going to be killed everytime you respawn and there will be no ground fight because people will be In Attack Helicopters etc. infinite Ammo? Wow what the f*ck THQ?

I have played Medal Of Honer and I quite enjoyed It (SP).

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 18 2011, 23:14)
Multiplayer sounds like your literally going to be killed everytime you respawn

Sounds like CoD.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Mar 18 2011, 23:22)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 18 2011, 23:14)
Multiplayer sounds like your literally going to be killed everytime you respawn

Sounds like CoD.

Yeah but I would actually say worse than CoD. I'm sure you can buy a Helicopter right when you get Into the game. Also looks like the map's are small.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

What is the story about? it sounds alright.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 19 2011, 04:36)
I'm sure you can buy a Helicopter right when you get Into the game. Also looks like the map's are small.

Firstly, you can't get a helicopter right at the being of the match. You need to get at least 2000 battle points to get a helicopter. The only vehicle can get is the Humvee which cost 500 bp,which is the starting amount of bp. But then again vehicles, imo suck, since they cost a lot and can be destroyed quickly. Drones are better in that they cost less, though they have a limited battery and have pretty much the same health as infantry.

Secondly the maps are not small. They aren't bigger then BC2's but they are bigger then CODs.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Is it already out?

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Mar 19 2011, 16:05)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 19 2011, 04:36)
I'm sure you can buy a Helicopter right when you get Into the game. Also looks like the map's are small.

Firstly, you can't get a helicopter right at the being of the match. You need to get at least 2000 battle points to get a helicopter. The only vehicle can get is the Humvee which cost 500 bp,which is the starting amount of bp. But then again vehicles, imo suck, since they cost a lot and can be destroyed quickly. Drones are better in that they cost less, though they have a limited battery and have pretty much the same health as infantry.

Secondly the maps are not small. They aren't bigger then BC2's but they are bigger then CODs.

Alright that sounds a bit better, thanks for explaining icon14.gif

If I have time tomorrow I will see If I can rent this.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Mar 19 2011, 13:47)
If I have time tomorrow I will see If I can rent this.

Just so you know, the game comes with a code to access the full multiplayer, without the code, you only get up to level 5.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Its def worth a rent, im happy with my purchase, havent started single player yet. Multiplayer is a great laugh Battlepoints and buying stuff during the round kind of reminds me of counter-strike. Allthough it did take me and 6 friends an hour and a half to find an online ranked game (servers arent great at the mo) played a bit of private match with them as well good for a laugh.

In terms of levels i have heard one of my friends say that some of the levels are to small but to me it doesnt really matter.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Mar 19 2011, 10:01)
What is the story about? it sounds alright.

It doesnt matter.

With all these selling points " From the writer of Apocalypse now and Red dawn " it means f*ck all. I had Stranglehold and though I love John Woo movies more than anything. The game sucked because midway sucks.

Just because it is written by someone decent doesnt mean the actual game will be good. You could say " Story Written by Steven Spielberg " But it turns out it is just a postit note saying " Dont forget the gravy ".

Anyway, the problem is the potential, it could have been so much better. There is nothing wrong with the engine or the shooting. But there is just an extreme lack of content, and the content we do get is just the same as any other piece of sh*t game out there and is just sh*t to play. The SP is much more enjoyable than the multiplayer. But it is NOTHING you havent seen in a cod game. The ammount of stereotypical scenes and moments are just cringeworthy. Trying to make you care when you really just dont.

If anyone has Hannah Montana for 360 ill swap ya.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Mar 19 2011, 13:46)
If anyone has Hannah Montana for 360 ill swap ya.

I heard that was a really fun game. Does it have co-op? I'd be down for some team shoe shopping.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Just a couple of missions in and it's OK so far. The video at the beginning sets it up quite nicely, and the atmosphere is good. It's the usual 'follow mr invincible' of military fps's gameplay.

Apparently I'm a chopper pilot who's been rescued by Mr Invincible, so I expect to be driving a tank real soon. Not tried MP yet, but I'll be going on in a bit.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

I'm quite interested in this game. It looks like Freedom Fighters meets Call of Duty. I'm more interested in the story than anything else though, I don't have a games console so I won't be playing it at any point - sadly. Homefront looks to be the latest in a string of games/movies about America getting invaded. It's an interesting concept and one I like very much.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

I was interested in this game.
But it doesn't look like its my cup of tea.
The novelty of fighting in your back yard intrigued me but reviews saying that that wears off and its just another run of the mill shooter.
I'll pass until big steam sale or something and even then eh.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Right I'm picking up Homefront this week, It's In ASDA for 30 and costs a lot to rent from Blockbuster so If It's money wasted then I will sell It on EBay, I'm sure I could sell for 30 on there tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users