Homefront

105 replies to this topic
Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Anyone getting it?

I was watching a few videos and its looking amazing.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

I won't be getting It but might give It a rent. The gameplay videos don't look that good In my opinion.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

I've been looking into it the past few weeks. Dunno if I'll get it, there's a lot of stuff coming soon.

I like the idea of someone's blip showing on the map when they take a big lead, which will be a feature of MP.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:12 PM Edited by Seddo, 06 February 2011 - 12:15 PM.

I've been following this for a while and and i'm liking the look of it, it looks good and it seems to play well.

I think there's a decent size gameplay video floating around, i'll see if i can dig it up for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Edit:

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Conal, why don't you put some information and some videos in your original post if you're going to make a topic about it? That way people who haven't heard about can answer your question.

I probably wont get it but I suppose the setting makes it slightly different to all the other war FPS's out there.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

Looks nice, similar to cod series.

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

I think i might buy it, looks quite good smile.gif

Lemus 91
  • Lemus 91

Real Compton City Gs

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Definitely buying it. I'm just loving the environment we'll be battling in and the animations looks badass, especially how the enemies get thrown up in the air after an explosion.

This is the best gameplay video i could find so far.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Definitely a buy for me also. Been following it for awhile, you just beat me to making a topic Conal. I love how your actually a small force compared to some massive army and your fighting for survival basically. Love how the MP looks aswell.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

It kinda feels like half life 2 for some reason in that gameplay video inlove.gif

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

meh, looks nothing special

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

Im so excited for this game! Ive been telling my friends we all have to buy it and play online!
Looks like MW2 alot, which as far as im concerned isnt a bad thing!

Definitely on the "To buy list"

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Here! All the info you will want to know about Homefront

Genre:
1stPerson Shooter
Developer: KaosStudios
Rating Targets:
●ESRB: Mature
●OFLCA: MA15+
●USK: 18
●BBFC: 18
●PEGI: 18+
Ship Date: March 8, 2011
MSRP: Top-tier
launch pricing

Description:

The year is 2027. The world as we know it is unraveling after fifteen years of economic meltdown and widespread global conflict over dwindling natural resources.

A once proud America has fallen, her infrastructure shattered and military in disarray. Crippled by a devastating EMP strike, the USA is powerless to resist the ever expanding occupation of a savage, nuclear armed Greater Korean Republic.

Abandoned by her former allies, the United States is a bleak landscape of walled towns and abandoned suburbs.  This is a police state where high school stadiums have become detention centers, and shopping malls shelter armored attack vehicles. A once-free people are now prisoners… or collaborators… or revolutionaries.

Join the Resistance, stand united and fight for freedom against an overwhelming military force in Homefront’s gripping single player campaign penned by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn). Stand alongside a cast of memorable characters as an emotional plot unfolds in this terrifyingly plausible near-future world. Experience visceral, cinematic first-person shooter action as you fight your way across Occupied USA using guerrilla tactics, and commandeer military vehicles and advanced drone technology to defeat the enemy.

Multiplayer brings epic warfare to the online arena as infantry, tanks, attack helicopters and combat drones battle across huge, open battlefields. A rich feature set offering layers of tactical depth combined with a game-changing innovation in the multiplayer space will set a new benchmark in online warfare.

Marketing Bullets:

• Discover a terrifyingly plausible near-future world  – the familiar has become alien in this nightmare vision of Occupied USA

• Fight for a cause – join a cast of memorable characters as your resistance cell wages a guerrilla war against overwhelming military odds in the name of Freedom

• Witness the human cost of war – a gripping story from the pen of John Milius is told through immersive, interactive 1st person cut scenes

• Experience explosive FPS gameplay – battle through a dynamic mix of infantry and vehicle combat in a gripping single player campaign boasting intense, memorable set pieces

• Take the battle online – experience large scale multiplayer action like never before in epic infantry and vehicle warfare

HOMEFRONT PC

Minimum Specification

• Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
• Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz.
• 2 GB RAM
• Shader Model 3.0 graphics card with 256MB of memory
• NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS or ATI Radeon 1900XT
• 10GB of free hard drive space

Recommended

• Windows Vista or Windows 7
• Quad Core 2 GHz+ CPU
• 2 GB RAM
• NVidia GeForce 260 or ATI Radeon 4850
• 10 GB of free hard drive space

Game overview
Game Pillars:

Emotive Setting and Story –Set in the year 2027 and written by John Milius(Red Dawn, Apocalypse Now), America has fallen and is now occupied by a nuclear armed North Korean Army.

Single-Player Intensity –Homefront will engage the player with highly competitive, emotionally charged, story-driven single-player infantry and vehicle action.

Multiplayer Best In Class –Large scale warfare with an incredible array of infantry and vehicular combat and innovative mechanics.

XBOX 360 Exclusive Multiplayer Map

Map Name: “Suburb”
Layout: Smaller map, great for close quarters combat. Infantry & drones only. Multiple game modes.
Players: 2 -24 players online.
Description: As U.S forces move against the KPA in an attempt to gain control of the Montrose Security Checkpoint (aka “the Wall”), players fight in a suburban neighborhood that has become a ghost town, its residents relocated to nearby labor camps.

Empty houses and buildings offer extensive cover during the firefight while rooftops and even tree houses provide excellent sniper positions.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

It looks like is switching to 3D (red and cyan) when he gets shot.

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

This will be one of the big sleeper hits from the first half of 2011!!

A lot of people really have no clue that this will be a total different game then COD or Battlefield series.

No run and gun, but sneaky assaults with limited ammunition so that you're always will be looking over your shoulder... cool.gif .

A game that you'll be fully emotional envolved... This will of course be one for the more adult players, none of those cry babies...

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

I'm silently hoping for some reason that a battle field area is in Washington State biggrin.gif not very often the Evergreen State is in a video game...

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

hopefully will be good and not a cod clone

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

It looks like something in between Battlefield and Call of Duty with their own twist... vehicle aspect and 'total warfare' idea that is behind Battlefield and the really quick, fast paced Call of Duty gameplay. And here and there their own twists and features. I don't expect anything mindblowing but just a decent/good shooter as it seems.

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Feb 11 2011, 12:05)
It looks like something in between Battlefield and Call of Duty with their own twist... vehicle aspect and 'total warfare' idea that is behind Battlefield and the really quick, fast paced Call of Duty gameplay. And here and there their own twists and features. I don't expect anything mindblowing but just a decent/good shooter as it seems.

It will be the gameplay (certainly in single player) and the atmosphere which will be mindblowing....

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

How will it be mindblowing? It looks well crafted, mind you... but I don't see anything brilliant behind it. It borrows alot of elements from Half Life 2 to be honest concerning the whole opressed and depressing atmosphere.

But I'll see, haven't played the game myself. Just what I think the game will be like.

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Feb 11 2011, 12:20)
How will it be mindblowing? It looks well crafted, mind you... but I don't see anything brilliant behind it. It borrows alot of elements from Half Life 2 to be honest concerning the whole opressed and depressing atmosphere.

But I'll see, haven't played the game myself. Just what I think the game will be like.

If you say it has elements of half life 2, it's bound to be great!! Bearing in mind what a great game half life 2 was/is... smile.gif .

But just wait and see... Like you said before, will have to play it for a few hours to have a opinion...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

Latest trailer:

AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

I don't know what this is

• Members

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

I will be getting it. I Want to play the campaign more than the multiplayer because it seems like it has a pretty interesting plot.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

wow that was an awesome trailer! I wanted this game already but want it even more now!

Ill defend my homefront!!!
**Place intimidating war cry here**

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

We are finally mars, the release is becoming closer and closer... My COD:BO killer

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

These are the guys behind Metro 2033, right? Looks very promising so far.

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

One week till release... Let the good times roll in... Cya online

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Mar 1 2011, 07:38)

No, they are the ones that made frontlines. Metro 2033 and this are published by the same company, THQ.

luigi_1000
  • luigi_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

Game footage...

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Mar 5 2011, 17:11)
QUOTE (Azazel @ Mar 1 2011, 07:38)

No, they are the ones that made frontlines. Metro 2033 and this are published by the same company, THQ.

Aha! Thanks for clearing that up.

I pre-purchased it on Steam a few days ago. Can't wait! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users