» «
Photo

Battlefield 3

4,866 replies to this topic
vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:21 PM Edited by vALKYR, 18 April 2012 - 06:23 PM.

QUOTE (fatal1ty619)
Glitch? I use the M26 a lot, and I haven't noticed a glitch with it. What exactly is glitched?

I hope everyone doesn't start exploiting it, play with it for a day or two (like I did) but then try to return to the serious gaming again tounge.gif I mean it's not even fun anymore at a certain time tounge.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hah, I just finished a couple of rounds where a guy announced in the chatbox exactly how to do it.

I reckon that a good 26 out of the 32 people on that server were using the M26.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (vALKYR @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 18:21)
QUOTE (fatal1ty619)
Glitch? I use the M26 a lot, and I haven't noticed a glitch with it. What exactly is glitched?

I hope everyone doesn't start exploiting it, play with it for a day or two (like I did) but then try to return to the serious gaming again tounge.gif I mean it's not even fun anymore at a certain time tounge.gif

No wonder I haven't noticed. I've used the P90 with it lately. Not an assault rifle, but I noticed more people using it and g3a3s. Explains why...

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:53 PM Edited by EmSixTeen, 19 April 2012 - 03:56 AM.

People have been abusing it since the day of the patch. It's caused by secondaries (intentionally) adopting the primary's attachment traits. Added it to the ban list on our server pretty quickly.

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

I used it for one or two days when I heard about it... Didn't know it was a glitch though... Just thought it was another OP thing that needed to be nerfed to sh*t.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Sniping is so much fun in this game. It's so rewarding getting a long range sniper kill.

Played an awesome game of rush on damavand peak. I hate defending on that map, but it worked out extra well this time. I went 24-12 when we attacked and got more kills with my pistol than my primary.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Same. I end up getting more kills with my pistol too when I play recon. Just works out that way...

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (.Trooper. @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 21:13)
I used it for one or two days when I heard about it... Didn't know it was a glitch though... Just thought it was another OP thing that needed to be nerfed to sh*t.

Where did you hear about it?

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 07:20)
QUOTE (.Trooper. @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 21:13)

Where did you hear about it?

A youtube video that someone showed to me. I went into a 300% tickets TDM with my AK47M, and came out with the dart being my main killing tool (after I unlocked it... In the same game)

It is definitely bugged at close range but tbh in most situations I would prefer using my rifle.

Inspire
  • Inspire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Tried the glitch just for teh lulz on a random TDM server and som guy has now reported me to EA, and im gonna die. True story! suicidal.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

It's crazy how quickly word get's spread about these sort of things.

I was wondering why haven't I been killed by this gun before so many times? Now I know why, give online gamers an inch and they take a mile to get any sort of advantage.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I have noticed another glitch too. In an IFV or tank equipped with thermal optics, when thermal optics are on, and you get points, switch to 3td person view, and you will still have the thermal optics on. it's useful for looking out for c4 runners, because the optics are on and you have a greater range of view. tounge.gif

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:26 AM Edited by The Killa, 21 April 2012 - 01:36 AM.

Is there many things more satisfying than being the lone defender of a point, getting ambushed by 3 enemies, somehow manage to escape then throw a last-ditch grenade before you die, resulting in a triple kill and ultimately was the sole reason your team was victorious?

I don't know about you, but it felt real good man. I forgot how much Battlefield games gives me such orgasmic pleasure.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Oh great, another major flaw to add to the list and to the reasons not to continue playing after I return to the uk.

It sucks it involves two of my favorite two guns, I HATE that sh*t, the last thing I want is for people to think I have so many kills with them because of exploits.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Boy there's some MW3 esque lag going on since i installed the rent a server patch 3 days ago. Obviously it can't be that bad, but i used to be putting up relatively good scores whereas now i'm struggling to even go positive. It definitely feels different, but oh well. At least i now know the ins and outs of both kargh island and metro since those two are the only ones played on dice servers.

I wish quick match would put me into an official server, surely that's not a lot to ask for?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 09:54)
I wish quick match would put me into an official server, surely that's not a lot to ask for?

I agree the "update" to the servers is horrible. I am sorry to say that DICE and EA no longer care about fans are just interested in money. You can't even add EA servers to the favourites for some messed up reason.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

SO BORED OF PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THE SERVERS. THEY'RE FINE IF NOT BETTER, GIVE OVER.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I've noticed a lot of players using AEK / AK carbine recently, has it been improved ?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

The AEK actually nerfed, it's got a lot more recoil now. The 74u lost damage at range, but gained it back by now having lower recoil. Now, with all the other guns being made sh*t too, more people are realising they're actually a viable choice.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 12:18)
QUOTE (tuareg @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 09:54)

I agree the "update" to the servers is horrible. I am sorry to say that DICE and EA no longer care about fans are just interested in money. You can't even add EA servers to the favourites for some messed up reason.

I honestly don't mind the servers the only thing i have a problem with is finding one that belongs to dice and isn't op metro/kargh island 24/7.

Man i love the m4a1. I joined a game of rush late on kargh island and got butt fuked into the negative. I had 2 kills and 8 deaths. So the last two charges are in a warehouse, i went in all guns blazing got 2 dog tags, killed 6 people and royally fuked half the other team up without dying. I set a charge, someone set another one and we won. Felt so epic.

I just unlocked the scar, but i feel like i'll keep my m4 for now.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 12:27)
SO BORED OF PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THE SERVERS. THEY'RE FINE IF NOT BETTER, GIVE OVER.

Typing in capitals doesn't change the fact people have a different opinion to yours, just makes you look a bit like a tit. You'd be crying too if something utterly ruined how you liked playing the game.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:40 PM Edited by ZDANZ96, 21 April 2012 - 03:44 PM.

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 09:27)

I AGREE 100% WITH IT.

People who complain about the patch are usually idiots who can't adapt themselves into something new.

You can't find your so loved servers? DICE is adding them. Check Battlelog if you don't trust me.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:06)

Typing in capitals doesn't change the fact people have a different opinion to yours, just makes you look a bit like a tit. You'd be crying too if something utterly ruined how you liked playing the game.

Oh Scott, give it a f*cking rest. Same goes for other people complaining for no f*cking reason.

What's the matter, that you don't have to pay for a server?; that you don't have to play the same rotation in every game?; that you don't have to play in a server with knobheads?; that don't have to play on some random server, with randoms, every day?

The only thing making this game sh*t for yourself is your own attitude, whether I write that in caps or not.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 22:39)

Oh Scott, give it a f*cking rest. Same goes for other people complaining for no f*cking reason.

What's the matter, that you don't have to pay for a server?; that you don't have to play the same rotation in every game?; that you don't have to play in a server with knobheads?; that don't have to play on some random server, with randoms, every day?

The only thing making this game sh*t for yourself is your own attitude, whether I write that in caps or not.

See, that's the thing, from your perspective, there is nothing wrong. I'm not complaining for no reason, I don't do that. If I enjoyed the game as much as I did before, I'd still be playing it. Who are you to tell us we can't voice our opinion?

The randomness was what I liked about the game, challenge as well. That night we played on your server, there was none. As I've said, I looked through the server list, and I couldn't find one I would want to play on. I liked checking my stats, it was one of my major reasons to keep playing, but with dedicated servers, they mean nothing. With all the ridiculous options, streaks, longest headshots and all that are no longer something to show off to your friends, but something that can be manipulated and faked even more easily than they could before.

I could go on, but there's not much point when you're telling people to not have their own opinion and attitude. My attitude hasn't changed, the game has.

QUOTE (ZDANZ96 @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:40)
You can't find your so loved servers? DICE is adding them. Check Battlelog if you don't trust me.

Where does it say that?

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 20:16)
QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 22:39)

See, that's the thing, from your perspective, there is nothing wrong. I'm not complaining for no reason, I don't do that. If I enjoyed the game as much as I did before, I'd still be playing it. Who are you to tell us we can't voice our opinion?

The randomness was what I liked about the game, challenge as well. That night we played on your server, there was none. As I've said, I looked through the server list, and I couldn't find one I would want to play on. I liked checking my stats, it was one of my major reasons to keep playing, but with dedicated servers, they mean nothing. With all the ridiculous options, streaks, longest headshots and all that are no longer something to show off to your friends, but something that can be manipulated and faked even more easily than they could before.

I could go on, but there's not much point when you're telling people to not have their own opinion and attitude. My attitude hasn't changed, the game has.

QUOTE (ZDANZ96 @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:40)

Where does it say that?

Here and there.

They are saying that they will add more NORMAL and EA servers for both ps3 and xbox.

QUOTE (paps)
I liked checking my stats, it was one of my major reasons to keep playing, but with dedicated servers, they mean nothing. With all the ridiculous options, streaks, longest headshots and all that are no longer something to show off to your friends, but something that can be manipulated and faked even more easily than they could before.

As you've said: "but something that can be manipulated and faked even more easily than they could before", yeah they could manipulate stats even before the patch, with fake things that they did with friends. Why would you care about stats? It is the same sh*t as measuring dick's size, some people will cheat anyway, you can't make they act like you would want.

Someone else has 3.2 km as his longest headshot? Good for him. You shouldn't give two f*cks, because that doesn't f*cking matter. What matter is your fun. Videogames are for that matter, as it should be treated just as a hobby.
---------------------------------

user posted image

The 1st in C4's leaderbord is a japanese guy that has like 6000 kills with it. Know what? I don't give a f*ck. He is probably a booster, and I would rather have fun than looking at my stats.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 23:16)
The randomness was what I liked about the game, challenge as well. That night we played on your server, there was none.

.. and it is (and was) the same on every other server we play (and played) on.

As I've said, I looked through the server list, and I couldn't find one I would want to play on.

Through the server list, really? Ignoring that, you know there's servers set up with the same rotation and tickets as Dice Normal Servers had, right? The, exact, same.

I liked checking my stats, it was one of my major reasons to keep playing, but with dedicated servers, they mean nothing.

With all the ridiculous options, streaks, longest headshots and all that are no longer something to show off to your friends, but something that can be manipulated and faked even more easily than they could before.
Private servers are unranked. If people wanted to 'fake' these stats, they would have before the patch - and they did. That's nothing to do with the patch, or rent-a-server. Both your own and your friends' longest headshots aren't magically done by some EOD bot across the map now just because people can admin servers and change the rotation. The only stat which is almost defunct is kill streak, and even that still takes the skill to get the streak at all.

Wise up.

I'll just continue to play the game and actually have fun.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

There's actually no f*cking point playing anymore until the fix that M26 Dart issue. It's f*cking everywhere.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

I gave up playing this game when Skyrim came out. Could. Not. Be. Bothered. With. It.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 13:08)
I gave up playing this game when Skyrim came out. Could. Not. Be. Bothered. With. It.

I had a struggle at one time: play Battlefield 3 or Skyrim.

But now I just don't have enough time to play all the games I want. Still, need to spend more time on the two mentioned games xD.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 12:02)
There's actually no f*cking point playing anymore until the fix that M26 Dart issue. It's f*cking everywhere.

Find a server which actively kicks for it.

Need I point out that couldn't be done pre-patch, either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users