» «
Photo

Battlefield 3

4,866 replies to this topic
Imperativity
  • Imperativity

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:14 AM Edited by Imperativity, 18 February 2012 - 08:17 AM.

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my PC on Monday so I can play games like Battlefield 3 hopefully at a high frame-rate with high/ultra settings.

What can I expect to get in terms of frame-rate and quality with an:
ATI Radeon 7950 3GB
i5 2550k 3.4GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM (low I know, but I can't afford any more for the time being - is 4GB still enough?)
1920x1080
700W PSU
Windows 7 64-bit

I'm happy to turn off certain options like Antialiasing completely, perhaps motion blur if necessary and so forth.

Thanks in advance.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 02:58)

.. Are you taking the f*cking piss?

Quoted for this page.

As if his RendeZook video wasn't impressive enough...

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Anyone up for some MP at the moment? PM me here

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 08:20)
LrOIgxQ--Tc

Quoted for this page.

That one aint too bad neither.

Though if we were on PC we would have alot better chances to do awesome stuff.

Btw, on firestorm I managed to take the chopper out with an unguided shell from B all the way to their spawn, and took the havoc out. Took two tries but then BOOM, couldnt f*cking believe it. I had no idea where the shell would go or even if I hit it, but I almost knew it was going to do it some reason, some 6th sense, like I could see the future and I already felt what it would feel like to hit it and know that I would screach like a little girl. And I did.

I also managed to TV Guide the cobra on kharg from our base to theirs. Pure luck because their chopper was gaining height at a steady rate and my missile had just the perfect arc enough for me to hold it going up and it went straight into the f*cker. Felt so satisfying, like shooting an arrow at a block of cheese.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Yardies Co-Leader

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Does anyone here use the G553 or the G53? They are f*cking brilliant.

I have been going Engineer a lot, it's the best kit for me.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Welp. Pack it up boys. Someone won Battlefield.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 09:45)

Yeah the G53 is awesome as it's really good at close to medium range. I need to start using support more though as I'm still on the starting weapons! Have any of you guys got a class which you just never use?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:38 PM Edited by EmSixTeen, 18 February 2012 - 06:30 PM.

QUOTE (Daz @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 08:45)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 08:20)
LrOIgxQ--Tc

Quoted for this page.

That one aint too bad neither.

Though if we were on PC we would have alot better chances to do awesome stuff.

Btw, on firestorm I managed to take the chopper out with an unguided shell from B all the way to their spawn, and took the havoc out. Took two tries but then BOOM, couldnt f*cking believe it. I had no idea where the shell would go or even if I hit it, but I almost knew it was going to do it some reason, some 6th sense, like I could see the future and I already felt what it would feel like to hit it and know that I would screach like a little girl. And I did.

I also managed to TV Guide the cobra on kharg from our base to theirs. Pure luck because their chopper was gaining height at a steady rate and my missile had just the perfect arc enough for me to hold it going up and it went straight into the f*cker. Felt so satisfying, like shooting an arrow at a block of cheese.

That's set up though, not really impressive. PC does allow for more opportunity though.

The TV guided missile is probably my biggest let-down in BF3, it's pathetically bad and and it's even worse than it was on release. It's so f*cking glitched it's not worth using, which is f*cking annoying because it was pretty much the best thing in BF2. You can't control it, at least on release it was a little smoother, but even if you man up and use it anyway because of how awesome it should be you're rewarded with nothing but the f*cking thing bouncing off everything you hit. Add on to that the fact that it broken as hell fact that your 'body' moves with the missile and the two bugs with that. First, if you go out of the playable area in the missile it counts your body as being there, and secondly is a really major one - The gunner seat position is open to be spawned in whilst you've fired, and if someone spawns in it, their Xbox crashes.

I'd suggest watching Duck and Cover: Redux to see what TV guided missiles should be/were like, as used by the best solo chopper pilot in BF3 in my favourite frag video from BF2. The quality on YouTube is awful, it's split into two parts, and the audio is removed, so check it out here on own3d.tv. For lazy people, skip to 5:30 to see heli domination (in terrible quality).

Nice one on taking down the heli both times though!

ps: 2 TV guided missiles blow up the enemy AA, though it respawns after 5~ seconds.

edit: Also dunno why you took me off your Battlelog friends Daz, but.. eh, fair enough I guess.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 12:35)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 09:45)

Yeah the G53 is awesome as it's really good at close to medium range. I need to start using support more though as I'm still on the starting weapons! Have any of you guys got a class which you just never use?

Yup, I use it regular basis. Can't wait to unlock the G36

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I just started playing this game again and I'm amazed again by how entertaining it is. I just unlocked Flares for the Jet finally, now I just need missiles.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

I recently started playing rush and using the frogfoot and the thunderbolt, and I find it more of a use to be in jets in rush, because there is more of a ground attack use than the flankers and super hornets. They can get AA and AT kills in rush, something thats much more difficult to do in conquest.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am having the best games ever. 2 medals and more service stars. God it is awesome. Yesterday I levelled from 29 to 31. I love the G36. I have an excellent strategy to use in the map of the TV station as a sniper.

Guys I sh*t you not. I was under the map in Conquest Op Metro. Suddenly me whole squad was there.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 18:14)
Guys I sh*t you not. I was under the map in Conquest Op Metro. Suddenly me whole squad was there.

Was it like the glitches in the beta, where the ground f*cked up and you fell through?

If you are talking about Sharqi Peninsula, it is actually better if you use the MAV to teleport to the top of the tall building next to the water. It allows you to get a much better view of enemies that go on the TV station, and you get a better vantage point for the rest of the map.
P.S. From the helicopter spawn on the other side of the water, headshot, 513m. Not very impressive, but it was my best, especially cuz of the f*cking pea soup fog that magically gets attracted to soldiers...

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I spawned on a squad member who was there. It was solid. Meaning that I can walk. I fire a few shots with my weapon and see enemies scramble. My bullets can't penetrate the ground. If you go far enough to the US spawn point then you fall from an endless height.

Thanks for the tip. smile.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Wish you could change Jet sensitivity separate from other vehicles. whatsthat.gif

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I haven't done it (yet), but I know how to get under the map on Operation Metro. It involves using the MAV to boost yourself over the fence to the right of the building that leads to the subway (from the Russian deployment).

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:12 AM Edited by EmSixTeen, 20 February 2012 - 04:18 AM.

user posted image

I'd say I'm a decent pilot, usually. smile.gif

.. and yes, they were putting up 2 SOFLAMs at a time and trying to Javelin/Stinger.

edit: Oh yeah, myself and the 2 guys I play with most nights (Bigheed and J0E RAMB0) are all in the top 10 for Win/Loss Ratio on 360. orly.gif

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:48 AM Edited by fatal1ty619, 22 June 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I know I am not the only one that has gotten the A-10 glitch, where the stats don't show up. I went through a helluva lot of matches today to get some seat time in the A-10, only to find out that the 25-30 kills I got didn't even count.... And I was like "f*ck yea" because I killed a Colonel 68 who thought he was a badass spawn-killing in a frogfoot... Only to find out that it apparently never happened...

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

Tough luck.

Em16. That is hell of a match! 40 god damned mins!! The guy above seems to have quite the decent score with 20K.

I officially hate Op Firestorm.

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

the bug where you bring up the scoreboard in game and press to many buttons at the same time wich causes the game to freeze up is really starting to get on my nerves angry.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 04:48)
I know I am not the only one that has gotten the A-10 glitch, where the stats don't show up. I went through a helluva lot of matches today to get some seat time in the A-10, only to find out that the 25-30 kills I got didn't even count.... And I was like "f*ck yea" because I killed a Colonel 68 who thought he was a badass spawn-killing in a frogfoot... Only to find out that it apparently never happened...
[IMG]http://i1141.photobu...TilGTA/derp.jpg[IMG]

Happens to everyone, the A-10 isn't a vehicle according to the game. Killing someone who's flying it doesn't get a vehicle disable or destroy, either.

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 05:31)
Em16. That is hell of a match! 40 god damned mins!! The guy above seems to have quite the decent score with 20K.

Eh, you don't get the point there at all. I was flying the Viper, and J0E RAMB0 was my gunner with the 104-6 score and 90~ ribbons.

QUOTE (johnson. @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 06:20)
the bug where you bring up the scoreboard in game and press to many buttons at the same time wich causes the game to freeze up is really starting to get on my nerves  angry.gif

I've had it happen to me once in 430 hours, it's not exactly hard to avoid it.

I should also add on the previous page that top 10 is from those who've got stats logged on BF3stats.com.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:30 PM Edited by ZDANZ96, 20 February 2012 - 04:59 PM.

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 02:12)
[IMG]http://emsixteen.com...ld/marty104.jpg[IMG]

Wow. wow.gif

How did he reach that score? What did he use to get more than 100 kills in a match?

The max score I've ever saw, was a guy who got 64 2 in Noshahr Canals. But that was because he was spawn killing with tunguska in Rush.
----------------------------------------------

I have a new list. The list of the top 5, of the best and the worst vehicles in the game:

Here I go:

Best:

-LAV-AD and Tunguska(Needless to say. They can destroy any vehicle in the game. However thay are quite rare in the consoles.)
-T-90A(Best MBT. Travels faster and is smaller than the M1.)
-SU-35BM Flanker and F/A18 Super hornet(Both are excellent jets. The F/A 18 fires the heat seekers faster though.)
-AAV-7A1 AMTRAC(That vehicle has the best armor in the game. Lacks speed though.)
-DPV(Fastest vehicle in the ground, making it easier to run over someone. No wonder I have more than 100 kilss with it.)

Worst:

-Mi-28 Havoc(The Viper is ok. But that helicopter no. Terrible maneuverability, slow, and has the same armor as the Viper.)
-F-35(I know that it has the VTOL ability, but there is something wrong with its maneuverability. It is terrible to turn, I almost always lose a dogfight against another jet with it.)
-Skid Loader tounge.gif (I know that it is a funny vehicle to use, but it is way too slow. And, it seems that you can travel faster backwards than forwards with it. Weird enough.)
-KA-60 kasatka(Not that I dont like that transport helicopter, but it is only in one map: Op Firestorm. And has an inverted front view[driver is on the right], even mentioning that it is heavier than the UH)
-A-10 Thunderbolt(Has to be that plane, sorry. It is goddamn slow. Saying that its main cannon is powerful is a bit too much, since the SU-25 Frogfoot has the same gun. And its stats's glitch is annoying. I have 4 kills with it, but it shows 0.)

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Where is there an A-10 in this game? I love A-10's

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 14:43)

You can find it in Rush mode of: Caspian Border, Kharg Island and Operation Firestorm.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (ZDANZ96 @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 16:58)
QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 14:43)

You can find it in Rush mode of: Caspian Border, Kharg Island and Operation Firestorm.

awesome, thanks

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

I like bagels. They're better than you.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Does anybody else use the teamwork and squad method of playing on Tehran Highway and Bazaar? I feel like it brings back the BFBC2 tactical feel, which I felt was lacking in BF3. It feels more like Call of Duty, which I honestly don't like confused.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Nick Foster @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 20:37)
Does anybody else use the teamwork and squad method of playing on Tehran Highway and Bazaar? I feel like it brings back the BFBC2 tactical feel, which I felt was lacking in BF3. It feels more like Call of Duty, which I honestly don't like confused.gif

I use the "teamwork and squad method of playing" on every map. I feel it brings back the BF2 tactical feel which was lacking in BFBC2.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Yardies Co-Leader

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Nick Foster @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:37)

I do that on every map. Makes it way more fun when your shouting tactics down the mic to your mates turn.gif

shotGTA
  • shotGTA

the government never ganna stop us !

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

i always got big lag , while i dont have any f*cking lag in all other games :l no BF3 for me..... humm that rhymes...

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Nothing is more satisfying than being sniped at, then picking a stray bolt action up off the floor, kill one sniper, injure the other, one shot his equipment, then double kill both snipers with one bullet from the L96.

I jizzed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users