There are three mayor types of crashes:
- Crashes that occur as soon as you start SA/DYOM.
- Crashes that occur during designing a mission.
- Crashes that occur during playing a mission.
Crashes that occur as soon as you start SA/DYOM
These are almost always related to incorrect CLEO3 installation.
- CLEO3 is not installled at all.
- CLEO3 is improperly installed.
- The .exe you have is not compatible with CLEO3 ( see here for a link to a compatible version).
Crashes that occur during designing a mission.
- Do you have other mods installed, that might conflict with DYOM?
- Try to disable CLEO scripts that are active.
- Report the problem in this thread, with as much detail about the moment the crash occurs. What was the state of your mission, and at exactly what moment did it crash? Be as detailed as possible, so instead of reporting that it crashes while adding an actor, it is even better to report that the crash occured right after you pressed <space> while selecting a RPG as the weapon for an actor.
- if possible include scmlog.txt in your report, if you have the scmlog CLEO plug-in installed. (recommended)
Crashes that occur during playing a mission
- Report the problem in this thread, provide a link to the mission-file that you played, and try to describe as accurate as possible the circumstances of the crash.
- if possible include scmlog.txt in your report, if you have the scmlog CLEO plugin installed. (recommended)
We want DYOM to be crash free, and will always try to fix any problems. But we can only fix problems if we can reproduce the problem or if the description of the problem is good enough. This will enable us to get a clue about the location of the bug in our code and we don't have to search in all the 20.000+ lines of scm-code that we have written sofar for this mod.