» «
Photo

People in GTA piss me off...

22 replies to this topic
Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

We coulda been friends Jim; coulda.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:41 PM Edited by Francis Szumilo, 01 February 2011 - 11:46 PM.

Why can't the cars wait while you stop at a red light? Seems every time I stop at a red light, some taxi or some idiot in a cavalcade slams into the back of my car because their impatient. It's not like I'm stopping in the middle of the street, it's a RED LIGHT. It's frustrating, really.

There's some assholes on it too! People will slam ont he brakes, making you smack into the back of their car and just drive away, and others will wait in the middle of the street, then when the light is yellow, finally go up and turn and by that time it's red. Of course, I do the right thing and get out and beat the living sh*t out of them. Keep my professionalism, you know.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

I too find this annoying, I mean there I am waiting behind some other cars at a red light and some guy stops behind me but then the jackass rams into my cars back bumper to try to get me to move, or move around me, they should all learn a simple word called patience. Damn agressive AI.

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

Use my yoga class, calms the mind, the soul, untill some prick hits your car, then it's vigilante style on that mawf*cka. moto_whistle.gif

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Yeah so much for "Relax, deep breath in think of a happy place and -" *crash*
"Come on move it!"
"AAAHHHHH Motherf*ckers!"
biggrin.gif

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Feb 2 2011, 00:16)
Yeah so much for "Relax, deep breath in think of a happy place and -" *crash*
"Come on move it!"
"AAAHHHHH Motherf*ckers!"
biggrin.gif

You must've quoted me on that one. devil.gif

TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

Yeah the AI is on a timer, they will stay behind your car for a given amount of time before trying to get past you through any means possible. I'm thinking if there was a mod that allowed us to apply the brakes when at a stop like how the AI does, perhaps it wouldn't try to go around us. Mafia 2 has the car apply the brakes when you're at a stop, and the AI responds to you as traffic.

My tip for you is to inch up every 5-10 seconds when stopped, and then the car behind you won't try to get past you.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, man. That's really annoying. Everytime they do that I get out my car and beat the f*ck out of them(unless they're a girl)

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

If it's a girl I give them a stern talking to and give them timeout, then tell the all about puberty, and why they should respect their elders. Then I give her a hug and a lollipop and dissapear into thin air.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

is this online or not?

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:34 AM

Not online.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:13 AM

oh. Well, maybe try not slamming on the breaks, instead just slowly ease on the break.

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Feb 2 2011, 03:13)
oh. Well, maybe try not slamming on the breaks, instead just slowly ease on the break.

...What are you talking about?

Branimir202
  • Branimir202

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

I agree, this annoys me as well. They usually regret trying to be all hard and ram into me though Lol!

Also, I hate how often they switch lanes especially on the freeway, they totally cut you off and don't give it a seconds thought

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

I can't say I ever stop for red lights in the game, but one thing R* mucked up is the drivers' behaviour on the bridges, particularly if you are on the PC with vehicle density maxed out. A chain reaction can be set off when the entire queue of traffic all swerve back and forth across the lanes, even if you're not provoking them in any way.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Yea this is an annoying problem when i'm trying to NOT damage my car by stopping at red lights then being rammed from behind!

I think it is supposed to be there though, like because the city has more traffic on the roads it stops all the AI from being choked up in the one spot. So if you abandom your car or something in the middle of the road, the AI will keep spawning more and more cars and if they were to all stop because there is something blocking the road the game wouldn't handle it very well.

I do agree with the fact that the player is actually active in the vehicle so the AI should have been programmed to recognise that and not see it as something blocking their path. There is a slight fix though, in BOGT anyway, if you tap the gas (RT on xbox) button slightly every few seconds then it won't happen. It's still annoying having to do that but I tried and it worked.

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

The AI drivers do annoy me, especially on bridges... they just ram into the side of you. Although one I was on a bridge, ahead of me a car rammed into the side of another car, causing it to fall off the bridge.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

I COMPLETELY HATE it TOO!!! I hate LC drivers!! I don't understand, they drive soooo slowly, and when I stop at red lights, they suddenly want to hurry things up and hit my car!!

EvilDynasty
  • EvilDynasty

Spammaster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

this is why I use helicopters

The DZA
  • The DZA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Yes I agree with everyone else who feels that this is annoying. I also think that what SmC12 said makes alot of sense as far as the AI is concerned.
...I imagine it also helps R* parody of rude & crude driving in New York...lol

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

Honestly the only cheats I used in GTA IV were health and wanted level. Health because my favorite cars would always get f*cked up somehow by stupid traffic every 10 seconds, and wanted level because the f*cking cops consider everything a crime and pursue you like you're osama bin laden.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

To avoid this i lightly tap the drive button every 2 seconds or so. I remember a topic like this a few months ago and someone concluded that the AI would wait five seconds before pulling up towards you. As for the random braking try driving at a slow to medium speed limit if you're patient enough and you should gain much more control. And check your rear-view mirror when stopped at intersections.

.2D
  • .2D

I Shed The Blood of Saxon Men

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

Who stops at red lights?

Francis Szumilo
  • Francis Szumilo

• Members

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:48 AM