• Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Im running patch 1.4, ENB Series 0.79..

Directory: link.

http://s575.photobuc...ERIESCRASH2.png

Error Messege i recive after trying to run the game: link.

http://s575.photobuc...ERIESCRASH1.png

Thanks any help would be mos appreciated.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:05 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 30 January 2011 - 09:14 PM.

QUOTE (shiek @ Jan 30 2011, 20:12)

Try to delete "d3dx9_26.dll" and "d3dx9_40.dll". I never used this files only "d3d9.dll" and everything worked.
You´ll not find these two files in the archives from Bone and Dpeasant3 and nowhere else.

Also try to delete any trainer or extra programm (deactivate/delete xlive or things like that).
The hard way: Deinstall/reinstall the game and just install a patch. I recommend v1.0.3.0/v1.0.4.0/v1.0.0.4.
Then only install ENB, any other installed mods/programms may cause problems.
ENB itself normally don´t cause major crashes but you should test ENB on a clean GTA installation. Once it is running you can still add what you want and look for conflicts.
Installing ENB on an already modded game may cause failure and/or conflicts with other mods/tools/trainers.
Try to use only original shader files (/common/shaders) or shaders delivered in a preset archive (like in Bones archieve).

Try to use a preset from Bone or someone else.

Is it a steam-version of the game? This versions may have bugs, I use store-version... can´t help you with steam-version.

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:13 PM Edited by shiek, 30 January 2011 - 09:21 PM.

Thanks for your reply NaidRaida, i have deleted 'd3dx9_20' & 'd3dx9_40.dll' ,
P.S appreciated you replying i really do thanks man:) p.s i am running gta iv original game, not steam.. i bought my gta iv from the store.

BTW, I just removed 'd3dx9_40dll' and the game said , game cant run we cannot find 'd3dx9'

also i removed xliveless, makes no diffrence:/

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:21 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 30 January 2011 - 09:24 PM.

QUOTE (shiek @ Jan 30 2011, 21:13)
Thanks for your reply NaidRaida, i have deleted 'd3d9.dll' & 'd3dx9_40.dll' , thankfully the game runs perfectly now smile.gif but unfortunetly when i go into game ENB Series isn't enabled i tried pressing SHIFT+F12 but it dosent work?

P.S appreciated you replying i really do thanks man:) p.s i am running gta iv original game, not steam.. i bought my gta iv from the store.

Nooooooooooooo biggrin.gif

The "d3d9.dll" is the file you need! Delete the two other files (d3dx9_26.dll and d3dx9_40.dll).

The ENB mod may be deactivated by default. Open the enbseries.ini with the editor/notepad and set the following parameter, then save the file:

[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=
UseEffect=true <----------------------------- when this is "true" the mod should be active when entering the game, then you don´t need shift+f12 or whatever.
CyclicConfigReading=false
ForceNVidiaCard=true <------------- set this to "true" may also avoid problems cause you are on an ATI system, this parameter makes the game "think" you´re on NVidia, it may help
ForceNVidiaCaps=true <------------- same as above^^

When xlive don´t cause problems then you can use it. It´s of course very simple principe: the more you install, the problems you may get.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:30 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 30 January 2011 - 09:33 PM.

My GTAIV directory look like that (actually using Dpeasant3 settings+patch v1.0.3.0, no other mods except car mods):

user posted image

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:34 PM Edited by shiek, 30 January 2011 - 09:40 PM.

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Jan 30 2011, 21:21)
QUOTE (shiek @ Jan 30 2011, 21:13)
Thanks for your reply NaidRaida, i have deleted 'd3d9.dll' & 'd3dx9_40.dll' , thankfully the game runs perfectly now smile.gif but unfortunetly when i go into game ENB Series isn't enabled i tried pressing SHIFT+F12 but it dosent work?

Nooooooooooooo biggrin.gif

The "d3d9.dll" is the file you need! Delete the two other files (d3dx9_26.dll and d3dx9_40.dll).

The ENB mod may be deactivated by default. Open the enbseries.ini with the editor/notepad and set the following parameter, then save the file:

[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=
UseEffect=true <----------------------------- when this is "true" the mod should be active when entering the game, then you don´t need shift+f12 or whatever.
ForceNVidiaCard=true <------------- set this to "true" may also avoid problems cause you are on an ATI system, this parameter makes the game "think" you´re on NVidia, it may help
ForceNVidiaCaps=true <------------- same as above^^

When xlive don´t cause problems then you can use it. It´s of course very simple principe: the more you install, the problems you may get.

Hi so when i removed 'd3dx9_40.dll' the game says, game could not run because 'd3dx9_40.dll' was not found?

Hey does this look right?
[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=true
UseEffect=true
ForceNVidiaCard=true
ForceNVidiaCaps=true

P.S do you use xfire? or anything like that? or team viewer?

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:42 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 30 January 2011 - 09:45 PM.

It looked OK but I wonder why the game asks for this .dll file.

I´m out of help now. I can only recommend to download the 0079 ENB archive from Boris site and simply install the files in the archive. That should work.
It worked for me, I had also ATI card some time ago and it works. Yoúr system should have power enough. Boy, what a monster system you have. wow.gif
4GB VRAM....... 12GB RAM. That´s crazy.

The original versions are found here: www.enbdev.com

I don´t use anything else, xfire? team viewer? I don´t know whats that. monocle.gif

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Jan 30 2011, 21:42)
It looked OK but I wonder why the game asks for this .dll file.

I´m out of help now. I can only recommend to download the 0079 ENB archive from Boris site and simply install the files in the archive. That should work.
It worked for me, I had also ATI card some time ago and it works. Yoúr system should have power enough. Boy, what a monster system you have. wow.gif
4GB VRAM....... 12GB RAM. That´s crazy.

The original versions are found here: www.enbdev.com

I don´t use anything else, xfire? team viewer? I don´t know whats that. monocle.gif

Why thank you:) i spent a lot of time and money on my computer mainly because i wanted to play games at there best quality, however i cant do that with IV.
Its a mystery why it doesn't want to work.... but i thank you for your help:) hopefully, one day it will work.. i just want enb graphics so bad!

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

GTAIV is really a bad produced computer game (it was written for console). It has high potential but the developers did a bad job.
So even 20GB VRAM would not help much I think.

When GTA is running without ENB it should run with ENB also.

Really important is that the game itself is mostly unmodified to avoid critical conflicts with other mods.

If it´s a driver bug or something like that it´s hard so figure out. I´m really no professional.

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Jan 30 2011, 22:07)
GTAIV is really a bad produced computer game (it was written for console). It has high potential but the developers did a bad job.
So even 20GB VRAM would not help much I think.

When GTA is running without ENB it should run with ENB also.

Really important is that the game itself is mostly unmodified to avoid critical conflicts with other mods.

If it´s a driver bug or something like that it´s hard so figure out. I´m really no professional.

It's cool man thanks again smile.gif

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (shiek @ Jan 31 2011, 03:12)

do you have any hardware monitoring or framerate monitoring on screen display software running? these may cause the crash... basically any software that connected to direct3d may conflicts with enb...

fraps works fine here though.

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (napoleonic @ Jan 31 2011, 03:54)
QUOTE (shiek @ Jan 31 2011, 03:12)

do you have any hardware monitoring or framerate monitoring on screen display software running? these may cause the crash... basically any software that connected to direct3d may conflicts with enb...

fraps works fine here though.

Man i have to say when i saw your reply to me, i was like ''Yeah right...'' but man it works!! omg your a saviour, you really are:)) thanks man legend!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users