GTA IV: Life's Price

643 replies to this topic
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

I don't want to be picky, but the idea of Vladivostok FM was broken again. sad.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Same thing I was gonna say.

It would fit the world radio or something.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Vladistok should have more Russian songs man.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

I delete it anyways. Doesnt really fit my topic. I added the songs to United World.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

I was thinking man.. maybe you could set the story after GTA IV in order to set it apart from all of the other stories that cross over with GTA IV on here. I think you could also make it interesting by ditching the traditional mission mechanic of previous GTAs and have Rami complete tasks in order to get closer to a personal goal of some kind rather than for financial gain. Like maybe Rami could want to leave the assasination game behind him but somebody like Petrovic will hold his ex wife and son hostage in order to force him to complete a task for him.. the catch would be that he doesn't know where they are being held and he must complete tasks for others around the city and fight of enemies and sh*t in order to find out their whereabouts. It would make the game into an action triller and would do away with the need for thinking up new ways to re-use old characters from IV etc. I for one would definitely play a game like that.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:21 AM Edited by mati1501, 01 February 2011 - 07:56 AM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Jan 31 2011, 23:13)
I was thinking man.. maybe you could set the story after GTA IV in order to set it apart from all of the other stories that cross over with GTA IV on here. I think you could also make it interesting by ditching the traditional mission mechanic of previous GTAs and have Rami complete tasks in order to get closer to a personal goal of some kind rather than for financial gain. Like maybe Rami could want to leave the assasination game behind him but somebody like Petrovic will hold his ex wife and son hostage in order to force him to complete a task for him.. the catch would be that he doesn't know where they are being held and he must complete tasks for others around the city and fight of enemies and sh*t in order to find out their whereabouts. It would make the game into an action triller and would do away with the need for thinking up new ways to re-use old characters from IV etc. I for one would definitely play a game like that.

Nah man, I will set the story before and during the events of IV. I have a few good ideas for the story myself. I don't think Rami will ever want to stop being an assassin. The story would be exactly the same as Red Dead Redemption. Bet you didnt play that.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 1 2011, 07:21)

Nah man, I will set the story before and during the events of IV. I have a few good ideas for the story myself. I don't think Rami will ever want to stop being an assassin. The story would be exactly the same as Red Dead Redemption. Bet you didnt play that.

Maybe the story could start before IV but parts of it of what happens after IV could happen ater in the story.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:07 AM Edited by mati1501, 01 February 2011 - 08:58 AM.

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Feb 1 2011, 08:03)

Maybe the story could start before IV but parts of it of what happens after IV could happen ater in the story.

Hmm, I wanted to split the story in 2 parts. The first part starts before IV and ends around the times Niko moved to South Bohan. The second part starts before Gravelli's death and ends a few days after the events of IV.

I added the vehicles and the loading screen. Now only some characters and their profiles, then I'm into mission writing.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

I did play Red Dead Redemption but the plot I was suggesting is quite different in many ways.. the only similarity in fact is the wife and son being taken away. It was only a few posts ago that you were considering having Rami die and the player take control of his son.. which is exactly like RDR. I would suggest that you don't split the story into two parts either since TLWP did the same thing with FRWM.. from what I understand your story will include a few of the same characters as his already so it would just make it seem like it was copied man.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 1 2011, 09:53)

I did play Red Dead Redemption but the plot I was suggesting is quite different in many ways.. the only similarity in fact is the wife and son being taken away. It was only a few posts ago that you were considering having Rami die and the player take control of his son.. which is exactly like RDR. I would suggest that you don't split the story into two parts either since TLWP did the same thing with FRWM.. from what I understand your story will include a few of the same characters as his already so it would just make it seem like it was copied man.

I won't split the story then. There will be one same mission giver, Kenny Petrovic. After the garage bombing, TLWP won't make Kenny a mission giver anymore. The kidnapping is not a bad idea, it will happen later in the storyline.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 1 2011, 09:53)

I actually dropped the 2 part story sh*t. It just didn't seem right.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

nice bro 71 posts already!
this is going to turn big

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Feb 1 2011, 14:22)
nice bro 71 posts already!
this is going to turn big

Thanks. I hope it will.

I think of including Yusuf' father to the mission givers.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Why?
No offense, but that would be just be f*ckin' silly.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Feb 1 2011, 17:20)
Why?
No offense, but that would be just be f*ckin' silly.

Dunno tounge.gif
Might be interesting doing a few hits for an Arabian Billionaire. But scratch that, I need to come up with more new characters. The story will be more gritty and all but it also needs some funny scenes like every other GTA.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

Here's the mission table you wanted me to make.

#Mission NameMission Giver
1Welcoming PartyN/A
2PassionateMoe Schwartz
3Out Of The LoopMoe Schwartz
4Liars And CheatsVincent Lupisella
5Menace To SocietyVincent Lupisella
6The Algonquin - Alderney ConnectionVincent Lupisella
7Just Hangin'Vincent Lupisella
8YamiGiovanni Ancelloti
9Disconnection IssuesGiovanni Ancelloti
10ConjonesMark 'Loopy'
11Unusual LifeSamara
12BrainwashSamara
13Try Is The First Step Towards FailureMark 'Loopy'
14First DateDani Lupisella
15Russian RouletteKenny Petrovic
16Ring Of FireKenny Petrovic
17Played The Wrong DevilKenny Petrovic
18Managment BuisnessRay Boccino
19Our ForeshadowRay Boccino
20EnslavedKenny Petrovic

CODE
[tableb]
[tr]
[th]#[/th]
[th]Mission Name[/th]
[th]Mission Giver[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]Welcoming Party[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Passionate[/td]
[td]Moe Schwartz[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]Out Of The Loop[/td]
[td]Moe Schwartz[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Liars And Cheats[/td]
[td]Vincent Lupisella[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Menace To Society[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]The Algonquin - Alderney Connection[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]Just Hangin'[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]Yami[/td]
[td]Giovanni Ancelloti[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]Disconnection Issues[/td]
[td]Giovanni Ancelloti[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]Conjones[/td]
[td]Mark 'Loopy'[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Unusual Life[/td]
[td]Samara[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]Brainwash[/td]
[td]Samara[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]Try Is The First Step Towards Failure[/td]
[td]Mark 'Loopy'[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]First Date[/td]
[td]Dani Lupisella[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td]Russian Roulette[/td]
[td]Kenny Petrovic[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td]
[td]Ring Of Fire[/td]
[td]Kenny Petrovic[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]17[/td]
[td]Played The Wrong Devil[/td]
[td]Kenny Petrovic[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]18[/td]
[td]Managment Buisness[/td]
[td]Ray Boccino[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]19[/td]
[td]Our Foreshadow[/td]
[td]Ray Boccino[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]20[/td]
[td]Enslaved[/td]
[td]Kenny Petrovic[/td]
[/tr]
[/tableb]

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks LB. Don't mind the stupid mission names, I will change them.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 1 2011, 20:00)

You should try to find alternative names for Out Of The Loop and Russian Roulette...MOB used them in Code Of The Streets. I know good mission names are hard to come by and he doesn't necessarily own the names but it would be best to keep everything original. icon14.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 1 2011, 20:02)

You should try to find alternative names for Out Of The Loop and Russian Roulette...MOB used them in Code Of The Streets. I know good mission names are hard to come by and he doesn't necessarily own the names but it would be best to keep everything original. icon14.gif

Looping Out (I used it FRWM though) and The Russian Ultimatum would be better.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Feb 1 2011, 20:03)

I didn't know MOB used them. I used Russian Ulitmatum in my previous topic, but still I will use it here. I also change Out Of The Loop. Oh, First Date is now Last Date (Dunno if I or LB misspelled it) and Yami is now Spicy Situation.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 1 2011, 20:07)

I didn't know MOB used them. I used Russian Ulitmatum in my previous topic, but still I will use it here. I also change Out Of The Loop. Oh, First Date is now Last Date (Dunno if I or LB misspelled it) and Yami is now Spicy Situation.

Stick in a variation of "From Russia With Love" while you're at it since just about every IV DLC topic has one.. Akavari you should also do this in BAAFLC biggrin.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

Is Rami going to be a wealthy assassin like in a Hollywood movie? With sports cars and lavish apartments?

I think it would be awesome if he lived in a shanty apartment in Hove Beach or something. It would show that he doesn't succumb to materialistic needs and prefers to lay low at all times for the sake of his profession. Having him keep a distance from everyone, even his family and employers because he doesn't trust anyone. Hell, maybe I'm just obsessed with movies like Leon and Ghost Dog but I think it's just a realistic depiction of a freelance hitman. Of course he wouldn't be poor though, he'd just keep his money stockpiled for when he needs it. He'd still have a badass assortment of weapons, vehicles, and resources to get his jobs done.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 1 2011, 20:12)

Stick in a variation of "From Russia With Love" while you're at it since just about every IV DLC topic has one.. Akavari you should also do this in BAAFLC biggrin.gif

Hehe, would do it but I think Broken Circle fits the mission more.
I am updating characters right now.

@akavari: Yes, he is one of these rich Hollywood assassins, although his first apartment will be a hotel room.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:15 PM Edited by LuisBellic, 01 February 2011 - 08:18 PM.

I have some mission title ideas. I might use some of them in TKOTC but I dont really mind if you use them. Maybe you can even borrow some mission titles from old GTA's.

Death Is Silent
Crashing The Party
Bullets Solve Problems

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:23 PM Edited by The Lolwut Pear, 01 February 2011 - 08:27 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 1 2011, 20:12)

Hell, it's even my mothrf*ckin' DLC's title. biggrin.gif

Here are some mission titles (some of these are borrowed from own concept or "beta" mission titles in FRWM)

Violence In Silence
Bridge Over Troubled Slaughter (perhaps that's the bridge bombing mission?)
Falling Down
Blood On The Steps

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

On a serious note I have found that the best mission titles in GTAs are either Titles of movies, songs, T.V. shows or a play on words.. GTA IV had some very creative mission titles that were takes on Russian Plays and stuff that I would never have thought of in a million years. Since most of us don't have enough knowledge to take off Russian plays though, I think movie titles etc. are the best way to go.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:32 PM Edited by akavari112, 01 February 2011 - 08:34 PM.

I'll make a mission and name it From From Russia Without Love Without Mercy.

Moar mission titles...they were other contenders for your topic's name but they really fit missions as well so why let them go to waste?
Take It In Blood
Survival Of The Fittest
Path Of Destruction
Cradle To The Grave
Fear The Reaper

edit: And dude, you should seriously consider the whole Hitman series-type approach to your missions and weapons. Apart from assassin level guns, have some tools and gadgets as well. Garrote wire, syringes, tranquilizer darts, f*cking grappling hooks, all that sh*t.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 1 2011, 20:32)
I'll make a mission and name it From From Russia Without Love Without Mercy.

I am not amused. dozingoff.gif

Anyway,

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp1.png

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp2.png

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp3.png

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp4.png

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp5.png

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp6.png

user posted image
CODE
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/hikaru9/gtaf/ForOthers/lp7.png

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I use some of the mission titles you people gave me. I think From Russia Without Mercy is a good mission name, luckily nobody used it tounge.gif

I added three new character profiles: Dani, Moe and Sonny. Tell me what you think.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 1 2011, 20:39)
I think From Russia Without Mercy is a good mission name, luckily nobody used it tounge.gif

Once again, I am not amused. dozingoff.gif

It was the first title that came to my mind during the first creative stages of my topic, geez....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users