» «
Photo

GTA IV: Life's Price

643 replies to this topic
Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:27 PM Edited by mati1501, 18 February 2011 - 12:49 PM.

Thanks Pear. I also added the Israeli Assault Rifle.

@VL: Damn, I think the pics have been removed.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Check the vehicle links,some of them are broken.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

I found another theme you could use:

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

@VL: Check the post above you smile.gif
@TLWP: It's a hard decision. Both songs fit my topic very good. I was thinking about this:

Or this. Which of the 4 is the best?

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 18 2011, 13:00)
@VL: Check the post above you smile.gif
@TLWP: It's a hard decision. Both songs fit my topic very good. I was thinking about this:

Or this. Which of the 4 is the best?

That one sounds too...how do I say this...stereotypical...Like for an epic movie... confused.gif

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

I think the Portal one is the better than the others. But what you think about this or this?

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 18 2011, 13:17)
I think the Portal one is the better than the others. But what you think about this or this?

The Half-Life one, I personally think is better.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

No offense but that weapons table looks a little sh*tty imo especially in the Customized Pistol row. You should put all of the info in one cell and the picture in the other and center the icon and the weapon name and make it a larger font.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:26 PM Edited by The Lolwut Pear, 18 February 2011 - 05:29 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 18 2011, 15:16)
No offense but that weapons table looks a little sh*tty imo especially in the Customized Pistol row. You should put all of the info in one cell and the picture in the other and center the icon and the weapon name and make it a larger font.

Yeah, but I just put it al in a table. It just has a sh*tty description.
Here's a fix:
Weapon NameWeapon DescriptionAdd-Ons
Customized Pistol
user posted image
Rami's signature pistol. He got it from his first task back in the special forces. The pistol is designed by Kurt's father. He killed himself by accident with it. Rami uses it on every execution. The pistol is fully customizable.
  • Explosive bullets= Increased car/body damage 10% $40/bullet
  • Advanced bullets= Increased body damage 20% Decreased range 30% $100/bullet
  • Golden bullets= Increased body damage 30% Decreased range 40% $200/bullet
  • Silencer= Ability to stealth, helps to kill a target without alerting others. $1000
  • Basic scope= Gives the ability to zoom in. $500
  • Laser scope= Gives the ability to zoom in, helps killing targets. $1000
  • Automag= Makes the pistol an automatic pistol $6000

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:06 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 18 February 2011 - 06:47 PM.

The Weapon Description cell is still too large making the Add-Ons Cell longer than it should be. You can limit this by manually seperating the text in the Weapon description box but it's hard to get it right. I think a better option would be to put the weapon name, icon and description in one cell and the list of add ons in the other.

EDIT: Maybe the Weapon Descriptions aren't really neccesary due to the presence of the add-ons which take the place opposite the name and icon that would usually be occupied by the description.

Example:

Weapon NameAdd-Ons
Customized Pistol

user posted image
• Explosive bullets= Increased car/body damage 10% $40/bullet
• Advanced bullets= Increased body damage 20% Decreased range 30% $100/bullet
• Golden bullets= Increased body damage 30% Decreased range 40% $200/bullet
• Silencer= Ability to stealth, helps to kill a target without alerting others. $1000
• Basic scope= Gives the ability to zoom in. $500
• Laser scope= Gives the ability to zoom in, helps killing targets. $1000
• Automag= Makes the pistol an automatic pistol $6000

I also replaced most of the [th] tags with the correct [td] tags. Just for future reference [th] is for headings, [td] is for columns.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 18 2011, 06:06)
This topic is growing fast when I'm away. Akavari, this weapon icon looks amazing. Lolwut Pear, thanks for the table. I will make tables for other weapons myself.

I can't update right now but I do when I'm back home.

Wow Mati your actually going outside mercie_blink.gif

Only joking man biggrin.gif and akavari that assault rifle looks epic.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

MOB, your table looks way better. Can you code it for me?

BTW after Rami goes against the Lupisellas, Brian will join Rami and goes on the Russian side. Rami will be tasked to kill Moe (Brian's father) but tells Brian that Loopy killed him and it's an betrayal. And since Brian trusts him so much, he joins his side.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Use this icon instead, I updated it a little bit and it's more polished/antialiased.
user posted image

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 18 2011, 20:14)
MOB, your table looks way better. Can you code it for me?

BTW after Rami goes against the Lupisellas, Brian will join Rami and goes on the Russian side. Rami will be tasked to kill Moe (Brian's father) but tells Brian that Loopy killed him and it's an betrayal. And since Brian trusts him so much, he joins his side.

Just Quote and copy... and repeat.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

I think I have found the perfect theme song:

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 20 2011, 17:43)

It's not bad althoughm it's abit Gangsta hood themed.

Does anyone know how to get the music theme out of GTA IV R* website, i think that would be good since it isn't even used in IV. Listen.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Feb 20 2011, 17:52)

It's not bad althoughm it's abit Gangsta hood themed.

Does anyone know how to get the music theme out of GTA IV R* website, i think that would be good since it isn't even used in IV. Listen.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Sounds a little similar to the IV theme song.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

*Some kind of strange coughing sound*

I still think this one is great.

@Sanjeem It's used in multiplayer, I believe.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

I think you should use something that's more rare and not as much people hear.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

I think I choose with Lolwut's suggestion.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:08 PM Edited by mati1501, 21 February 2011 - 08:16 PM.

The mission called Just hangin' will feature Pegorino's son being hung so it looks like a suicide. Although I don't know how Rami will kidnap him. I mean, if he's beaten up and shoot it doesn't look like a suicide. Any suggestions?

BTW the next mission is probably coming today.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

Poison darts. sly.gif

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Feb 21 2011, 20:33)
Poison darts. sly.gif

You're a genius.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Feb 21 2011, 20:33)
Poison darts. sly.gif

That's a great idea smile.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm sorry but I don't like that idea at all. Suicide isn't something that should be glamorised, especially by killing someone and trussing them up as to make it appear they've pulled the plug themselves. What I think would be more apt is that if Rami was assigned by one of the family's (or, whoever is planning to hit the Pegorinos) to steal something Peg's son is watching.

Little Jimmy is a f*ck up. He can't live up to his father (or his grandfather) and he knows it, so he's looking for a way out - he's suicidal. While staking out the location he's holed up at, Rami watches Jimmy go out for a walk to 'contemplate' his future, and then can move in using stealth and steal whatever Jimmy was meant to be watching. This screw up pushes Little Jimmy over the edge and, inevitably, he kills himself for not being able to face the grief.

Just a suggestion, mati. Just trying to play both sides of the fence.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Feb 21 2011, 21:02)
I'm sorry but I don't like that idea at all. Suicide isn't something that should be glamorised, especially by killing someone and trussing them up as to make it appear they've pulled the plug themselves. What I think would be more apt is that if Rami was assigned by one of the family's (or, whoever is planning to hit the Pegorinos) to steal something Peg's son is watching.

Little Jimmy is a f*ck up. He can't live up to his father (or his grandfather) and he knows it, so he's looking for a way out - he's suicidal. While staking out the location he's holed up at, Rami watches Jimmy go out for a walk to 'contemplate' his future, and then can move in using stealth and steal whatever Jimmy was meant to be watching. This screw up pushes Little Jimmy over the edge and, inevitably, he kills himself for not being able to face the grief.

Just a suggestion, mati. Just trying to play both sides of the fence.

I think this sounds better. After The Alderney-Algonquin Connection (which is a deal between the Lupisellas and Pegorinos where the Pegs rip them off), Rami will have to steal the drugs back. He will have to escape by the roof where he sees Lil Jimmy standing on the riif because he can't do anything right, followed by the suicide.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

I'm sure Pegorino Jr had killed himself way before the events of GTA IV.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

Mission 6: The Algonquin-Alderney Connection
The mission is intimated by entering the office of the Lupisella lounge. Rami slowly opens the door. Inside, his eyes are immediately being caught by Dani, wearing nothing but a bra and a short skirt. Afterwards Dani's gorgeous green eyes widened and looked up at the surprised hitman. She slowly walks up to him, while he moves a few steps back. Come on, be my f*cking sugar daddy! But Rami doubtless decides to push her away. He thinks about his dear ex-wife, but hasn't yet been ready to make her a visit. All of sudden, Brian walks inside the office and spots the half naked Dani standing near Rami. It isn't what it looks like. is Rami's only respond. Brian doesn't make a comment and simply shakes his head and walks outside followed by Rami. Brian looks with a jealous view and tells Rami that it's time to sell the stolen drugs they got from the corrupt agents. The drugs will be sold to the stupid small time family, the Pegorinos. It's a wise step since the Lupisellas will loose the heat and give it to the Pegs. Brian gives us a sniper rifle and tells us about Rami having to watch over the deal from above.

Gaining control of Rami, we have to make our way to the deal over in Port Tudor. Arriving, we have to get outside the car and leave Brian drive away. We have to find a forklift and pick up some crates so we can jump on them to make it on top of the warehouse. After finding a suitable sniper aiming position, we see a cognoscenti arrive with four men inside. They get out of the car and get a few bags out of the trunk. Then Brian along with some Lupisella gang members come over to the deal. We have to make sure Brian is secured. He shows him the bag where the drugs are inside. We can hear a conversation. So, you're Jimmy Junior, eh? Haha, papi had no time to watch over your silly ass?, asked Brian- which made JJ get out his gun and shoot Brian in the leg, while his hitmen shoot the Lupisellas and JJ steal the drugs and the money. There are just a few backup hitmen of the Lupisellas that must be taken out but all of sudden NOOSE teams arrive at the deal. We have to protect Brian till we kill the very last wave of them. Rami has to walk down to Brian and pick him up (similar to the previous V mission) and make our way out of the docks. While driving, Brian asks Rami what really happened between Dani and him, without getting an serious answer. But he tells about his ex-wife which he plans to visit.

Mission Passed!
*$500 (since the deal went wrong)

(there's V, ML and SA on the map now)

Angel Avenue
  • Angel Avenue

Chimpanzee that monkey news.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

I enjoyed the cutscene. smile.gif The mission itself is pretty good too. icon14.gif
By the way, half naked means only wearing a bra or panties, not both. biggrin.gif moto_whistle.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• The Yardies

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Nice mission. I loved the opening cutscene, but maybe it's because I chose Dani's model. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users