Fuel in GTAV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
930 replies to this topic
DragonLAT
  • DragonLAT

"GTA Warrior"

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

I think fuel will be awesome and i think Los Santos will be massive with the countryside & desert
with very long streches of road like Route 66 in America... with a gas station in the midddle

Now thats awesome...

Realistic... Hell yeah...

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

What about Jet Fuel wow.gif monocle.gif

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (JimJones @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 19:44)
You could say the same thing about food in gta. Why pay for food in gta when we could just go sleep and replenish our health for free? Ill tell you why, it's because it adds a sense of......realism.

But what happens after you eat the food? Your health goes up, and then, nothing. That's not very realistic. There should be pooping in GTA V. It's a nice little feature and oh yeah for all the "OMG what the f*ck pooping? what not just buy a real toilet!!!!", that's exactly the point I have been trying to get across - if you're just having realism for realism's sake, how far is too far? A feature should only be in the game if it adds some sort of fun or something to play around with.

And I think you'll find you buy food because it's more convenient than going back to your safehouse, not for "realism".

nikonatorbelick
  • nikonatorbelick

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

is a pointless and annoying feature imho, there's just no need for it, GTA is far from being realistic anyways

Ana Belial
  • Ana Belial

426 Max Wedge

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

What the f*ck is up with the "Hurr if u add a little relizm den where duz itstop" argument. Jesus it sounds like the argument those f*cking Americans use to fight gay marriage. "If you let this happen, then where does it stop"
Honestly the people on this forum are pants-on-head retarded.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (JimJones @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 18:44)
Fuel >>>>>>>>>>>..
If they do they fuel like mafia 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You only needed to fuel your car once throughout the whole story mode and that's because of a certain mission. If that mission wasent there I wouldn't even know you could fuel your car. It's a nice little feature and oh yeah for all the

"OMG what the f*ck fuel? what not just buy a real car!!!!"

You could say the same thing about food in gta. Why pay for food in gta when we could just go sleep and replenish our health for free? Ill tell you why, it's because it adds a sense of......realism.

Wait wait wait. Are you seriously trying to tell me that food that heals bullet wounds is realistic? And even then, food is optional. That's the point. Fuel would force me to fill up my car. So even if it only runs out every 5 hours, I still won't have fun sitting at a gas pump. Also, food is there because it's way more convenient to just visit the nearest hotdog stand than drive all the way back to your safe house. Food was there so it could be a convenient health powerup.

Fuel, meanwhile, would be really inconvenient, what with having to stop every few hours and just wait there for the pump to finish. Does anyone on this forum own a car? If so, do you enjoy filling it up in real life? And if not, why the hell do you want it in a game?

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 19:53)
QUOTE (JimJones @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 18:44)
Fuel >>>>>>>>>>>..
If they do they fuel like mafia 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You only needed to fuel your car once throughout the whole story mode and that's because of a certain mission. If that mission wasent there I wouldn't even know you could fuel your car. It's a nice little feature and oh yeah for all the

"OMG what the f*ck fuel? what not just buy a real car!!!!"

Wait wait wait. Are you seriously trying to tell me that food that heals bullet wounds is realistic? And even then, food is optional. That's the point. Fuel would force me to fill up my car. So even if it only runs out every 5 hours, I still won't have fun sitting at a gas pump. Also, food is there because it's way more convenient to just visit the nearest hotdog stand than drive all the way back to your safe house. Food was there so it could be a convenient health powerup.

Fuel, meanwhile, would be really inconvenient, what with having to stop every few hours and just wait there for the pump to finish. Does anyone on this forum own a car? If so, do you enjoy filling it up in real life? And if not, why the hell do you want it in a game?

I own several cars, I will admit filling up gives me a chance to stretch my legs, get a drink, not that I can enjoy those aspects in a game. I think if they were to implement fuel in GTA they can base it on your driving habits as well. lead foot would make you fill up more often. those who just cruise the streets would be able to fill up ever few in game "GTA" days. Not every 5 hours. They could make it mile based or how hard you drive.

That's if they were to implement it

JimJones
  • JimJones

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

I really don't know where people are getting this fuel your car every second theory from lol. Your fuel would be able to last 5/7 gta days and all you have to do is fuel it once... that's it. And it will only take a second. So stop moaning about fueling every time because you won't have to.

hamtah
  • hamtah

manikan

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Why can't people wait 5 seconds for the car to be refueled? Why do you guys think it will take 10 minutes to refuel your car?

Very lazy people here who can't wait merely 5 seconds at a gas station. No one said that the refueling time has to be exactly like real life. Plus, if by any chance your gas runs out, your car can still move but slowly or even have the option to CARRY gas.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (hamtah @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 23:43)
Why can't people wait 5 seconds for the car to be refueled? Why do you guys think it will take 10 minutes to refuel your car?

Very lazy people here who can't wait merely 5 seconds at a gas station. No one said that the refueling time has to be exactly like real life. Plus, if by any chance your gas runs out, your car can still move but slowly or even have the option to CARRY gas.

Why can't I be lazy in a damn video game? What, should I also have to pay bills and worry about having a 9 to 5 job? Should I also have to wash dishes and clean the house? I don't have a job IRL yet, granted. But I'd like to ask the people on here who do have one of those exhausting kinds of jobs something. Do you also want to have to maintain a life in a video game as well as your own real life? Do you really want all of that stress, boredom, and frustration from reality to follow you to what was supposed to be a fun crime simulator? And if so, why? It's a simple question. Why do you want all of the worst parts of real life in video games as well? Huh?

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

I'll pass.

I would rather not run out of gas while in a middle of a cop chase......

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Ana Belial @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 20:47)
What the f*ck is up with the "Hurr if u add a little relizm den where duz itstop" argument. Jesus it sounds like the argument those f*cking Americans use to fight gay marriage. "If you let this happen, then where does it stop"
Honestly the people on this forum are pants-on-head retarded.

Are you going to explain why you disagree with the argument, or just say "hurr durr it's retarded"? It seems like a perfectly legitimate notion to me - if fuel is implemented into the game, all it would mean is that after several hours of driving (or even less frequently, depending on how often you switch cars) you would have to drive to a petrol station and watch a five second cutscene of your guy refuelling his car. As I've explained before, there's no real inconvenience there, because the nature of Grand Theft Auto means that the average player doesn't spend long enough in any vehicle to empty its tank, so they'll never need to use the feature. But at the same time, there's no way anyone could get any fun or interesting gameplay out of the feature at its most basic - I refuse to believe anyone would actually enjoy refuelling a virtual car, and the infrequency at which it would have to happen (unless Rockstar put unrealistically small gas tanks in the cars, defeating the object) means that you'd never have to think about it while playing, defeating the "strategy" argument. So that's where the "realism for the sake of realism" point comes in - it adds more "realism" to the game, but that's all it adds. It would be like having to change your oil every 3,000 miles or filling out a tax return once a year: you'd barely get any use out of the feature, and even when you would, no enjoyment could be squeezed out of it.

Of course, like I've said if they were to realistically implement the feature into the game, you'd almost never need to use it, so I have no problem with the feature being in the game - it'd be like the car washes in GTA IV, I could whine to myself all day wondering why they bothered putting them in the game, but at the end of the day I have no real right to complain, because they have no impact on my gameplay. Heck, if Rockstar could make the feature more complex so that the more fuel you had in the car, the bigger the explosion when you blow it up, or maybe you could slowly immobilise a car by riddling its gas tank with bullets till it ran dry, then you'd actually have a feature that adds something to the game, so I'd like to see that. But in its most basic form, just refuelling after driving the same car for a few hours, I can give a resounding "meh" - I'd rather argue for more worthwhile features, but at the end of the day I couldn't care less.

yes1sir1no1sir
  • yes1sir1no1sir

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Tuesday, Jan 25 2011, 15:56)
QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Jan 25 2011, 15:16)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Jan 25 2011, 07:49)
OH FOR f*ckS SAKE JUST PLAY MAFIA 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTA IS NOT THE MAFIA GAME SERIES! HOLY sh*t! How many more "Be more like mafia II" suggestions am I going to see on this forum? GTA V is not the next 2k mafia game. No one intends it to be. Furthermore, i'd rather not have to stop every 5 minutes to gas up my car thank you very much.

Ofcourse I know mafia 2 is not the same as GTA series I'm just putting mafia 2 as example, so why not GTAV.

Nothing wrong with referencing another game, but when you put "just like ____" in the title of the topic it eludes that you simply want the game to borrow the idea. instead of building their own kind of fuel gauge.

btw, how long does a full tank of gas last you in MafiaII?

i don't know the exact time but its long enough for you to not even notice this feature...i found out about the mafia II fuel thing by accident... i little prompt came up during one of the earlier missions telling me if i wanted to fill my car up while at the station (i was in a time mission i admit it wasn't the smartest thing to do) i LONG time later (close to the end of the game) i was dicking about in my fancy sports car which i spent alot of money on (new tires, paint job, new engine...the whole shebang :] ) after about 5-10 mins of drifts speeding and murder a little prompt came up telling me to refuel... i was curious so i ignored it to see what would happen. another 5-10 mins past and i saw a loss in my performance...a few more mins it was barely moving...few more hit and miss if it would move more than a couple of feet without cutting out...and then the engine died all together.

Now you see how pointless that whole story was
its barely even half as pointless as the fuel in mafia II
Does that answer your question sarcasm.gif

jestajest
  • jestajest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm all for adding fuel! SR dominates the "fun" open world concept and R* is more about the realism. They should embrace the realism just like SR embraces the "fun". You won't see the protagonist doing a 9-5 job because he's making money in other ways. More realistic weapons that jam and bullet drop - along with the fuel - are just needed steps that should be taken to take GTA where it belongs.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (bluesboyjr @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 12:55)
Of course, like I've said if they were to realistically implement the feature into the game, you'd almost never need to use it, so I have no problem with the feature being in the game - it'd be like the car washes in GTA IV, I could whine to myself all day wondering why they bothered putting them in the game, but at the end of the day I have no real right to complain, because they have no impact on my gameplay. Heck, if Rockstar could make the feature more complex so that the more fuel you had in the car, the bigger the explosion when you blow it up, or maybe you could slowly immobilise a car by riddling its gas tank with bullets till it ran dry, then you'd actually have a feature that adds something to the game, so I'd like to see that. But in its most basic form, just refuelling after driving the same car for a few hours, I can give a resounding "meh" - I'd rather argue for more worthwhile features, but at the end of the day I couldn't care less.

Actually, there is one key difference between car washes and a fuel system. I only was forced to clean my car once in the game for a tutorial. That was it. All future uses were my decision alone because, as it turns out, I do like a nice and shiny car. But it was my decision entirely, because the car wash is optional. And at the end of the day, that's my problem with the fuel system. In every GTA including IV, the only thing I'd have to do to keep a car I like is keep saving it in the save spots. With this, I'd be forced to sit at a gas pump every few hours. Ok, it might take a long time, but I do play GTA quite a lot. This is a feature that would force me to use it, and at the end of the day, I don't like being forced to do stuff I don't want to do.

Imagine if every time your car dirty, the protagonist started complaining about the dirt every 30 seconds until you just went to the car wash to shut him up. Actually scratch that. Imagine if when your car reached a certain dirt level, it simply stopped functioning. Okay, it might take hours to get so, but at the end of the day you'll still be pissed. Imagine what hunger would be like in this game too.

Oh, by the way. Some morons also want to bring hunger back. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=501937

A320
  • A320

Official Member of the Anti-Realism Brigade

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (jestajest @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 17:07)
I'm all for adding fuel! SR dominates the "fun" open world concept and R* is more about the realism. They should embrace the realism just like SR embraces the "fun". You won't see the protagonist doing a 9-5 job because he's making money in other ways. More realistic weapons that jam and bullet drop - along with the fuel - are just needed steps that should be taken to take GTA where it belongs.

Embrace real life and go to the petrol station and refill your car.

I won't even bother to comment on the weapon jamming and bullet drop comment...

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I want to drive fast over the whole map without a brake. So I don't want to drive to a gasoline everytime. whatsthat.gif

somecities06
  • somecities06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Trust me, it would get annoying.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (The_Mario_Man @ Tuesday, Jan 25 2011, 06:00)
I recall a San Andreas mod that added fuel to all of the vehicles. Depending on the car, you could actually drive across the entire state on a single tank of gas. Refueling wasn't very inconvenient either. Just a few seconds of waiting at the gas station. Only problem was a severe lack of gas stations in San Andreas.

If fuel can be handled to a point where you're not running out every 5 minutes, and there's plenty of refueling points to access, I guess it could work. As far as people worrying about running out of gas go, in GTA games you rarely stay in any single vehicle long enough to get to that point anyway. Unless you're just unfortunate enough to jack a car that's already low.

This.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (jestajest @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 04:07)

I wish people would stop trying to convey fun as a universal code of practice. To me the Saints Row games are boring.

Saints Row embraces stupidity like those half assed parody movies.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Picture this.

Adrian: Hey, he's getting away, catch him.

While on the chase, car fuel is wasted

MISSION FAILED

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 21:33)
QUOTE (jestajest @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 04:07)

I wish people would stop trying to convey fun as a universal code of practice. To me the Saints Row games are boring.

Saints Row embraces stupidity like those half assed parody movies.

Yeah you and me both.

About the Fuel being in GTAV, I hope not, it just seems like a big inconvenience, and while I hat using this defense, If I wanted a driving sim, I'd pop in Gran Turismo.

Now while there are good mods out there that add fuel and it isn't that inconvenient, I still don't want it, there's no real reason for it to be added, then again I really have no reason for not haveing it besides personal preference, and not haveing to worry at all about filling up.

So yeah if it's added, I'll have about one exasperated sigh, but it wouldn't by any means ruin the game for me, I just don't see the point in it.

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (GTAIndonesia @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 00:37)
Picture this.

MISSION FAILED

Simple solution, duel up before mission and/or blow up that bitch you're chasing sky high with a rocket launcher.

A320
  • A320

Official Member of the Anti-Realism Brigade

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

There's an even simpler solution; not implementing the system at all.

Honestly, the most they should do is let you refill your car whenever you stop in a petrol station without a fuel system at all, just something optional.

Adding the system would be pretty pointless and annoying:
Pointless because we hardly use the same vehicle for more than a few minutes unless you decide to cruise around the whole map aimlessly... And annoying if they made petrol run out quickly.
Another good reason not to add this is supercars. If they made it out to be somewhat realistic, supercars will run out of petrol a lot faster than normal cars or vans. What if a normal car had a GTA petrol life of 10 minutes? The supercars would probably have around 5 minutes or even less. f*ck that.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (A320 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 20:25)
There's an even simpler solution; not implementing the system at all.

Honestly, the most they should do is let you refill your car whenever you stop in a petrol station without a fuel system at all, just something optional.

Adding the system would be pretty pointless and annoying:
Pointless because we hardly use the same vehicle for more than a few minutes unless you decide to cruise around the whole map aimlessly... And annoying if they made petrol run out quickly.
Another good reason not to add this is supercars. If they made it out to be somewhat realistic, supercars will run out of petrol a lot faster than normal cars or vans. What if a normal car had a GTA petrol life of 10 minutes? The supercars would probably have around 5 minutes or even less. f*ck that.

Yes I agree! Why complicate something when it isn't necessary. Do people seriously have so much fun filling up their cars in real life that they want to also do it in a game also? Seriously, this has to be the stupidest, most ridiculous suggestion I have ever heard.

So would having fuel also mean that we would have to refuel planes and boats? Even more of an inconvenience than a car!

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Folks were suggesting this for the first San Andreas, it didn't happen then, it didn't happen for IV. It's easy enough to implement so the fact they haven't already...

As a game mechanic it's either annoying or inconsequential depending on how often you have to refuel.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (GTAIndonesia @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 05:37)
Picture this.

MISSION FAILED

Would you enter a mission with low ammo guns? Or would you refill them before?

Same with this. You will need more preparation for a mission, as you would in real life if you were in that situation.

It definitely adds to the realism to the game so it would be a good feature to see implemented. icon14.gif .

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

I would love to fill up my tank... And go to pay, and buy sigars, or... Just go to the man, and put a gun in his face to force him to give money! XD

Darkel2001
  • Darkel2001

Revolutionary

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

user posted image

esparado87
  • esparado87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:18 PM Edited by esparado87, 29 April 2012 - 04:33 PM.

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 14:57)
QUOTE (GTAIndonesia @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 05:37)
Picture this.

MISSION FAILED

Would you enter a mission with low ammo guns? Or would you refill them before?

Same with this. You will need more preparation for a mission, as you would in real life if you were in that situation.

It definitely adds to the realism to the game so it would be a good feature to see implemented. icon14.gif .

There is a little difference here:

You will always have some kind of weapon, even if you have no ammo (melee)

edit: In other words:

If you have no ammo too shot ppl, then you can always melee opponents.
If you run out of gas (in a car chase) the mission will FAIL when the one you chase is gone(or when you are the target for that matter).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users